[MOD] X3TC/AP ITS-PSCO1-Shawn Cockpit MOD V6 - 24.01.2012

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Imp.-
x3tc

Post by Imp.- » Wed, 3. Feb 10, 20:29

:gruebel: Hm I don't know what you mean. When you not change the cp-scene entry by the scimitar, then the centerview is standard. But it's very similar to the cutlass.
The backseat are only bonus and not using in the normal Version.

The path do you mean are old, but i had not delete this file, because some people using this and I don't know if it give problems.

Use this mainpath for Scimitar:

ships\terran\cockpits\terran_m3_cp_scene

repatomonor
x4

Post by repatomonor » Wed, 3. Feb 10, 22:21

Imp.- wrote::gruebel: Hm I don't know what you mean. When you not change the cp-scene entry by the scimitar, then the centerview is standard. But it's very similar to the cutlass.
The backseat are only bonus and not using in the normal Version.

The path do you mean are old, but i had not delete this file, because some people using this and I don't know if it give problems.

Use this mainpath for Scimitar:

ships\terran\cockpits\terran_m3_cp_scene
ahh, nevermind, I was looking for objects/ships/usc/cockpits/usc_m3_cockpit_scenes. :)

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 4. Feb 10, 12:17

Hey I got the cockpits to load fine but I am seeing some strange lines running across the sky with your mod installed. Without your mod, no lines, with your mod white streaking lines. Not everywhere but enough of them that it is very annoying.

repatomonor
x4

Post by repatomonor » Thu, 4. Feb 10, 14:08

BlackRain wrote:Hey I got the cockpits to load fine but I am seeing some strange lines running across the sky with your mod installed. Without your mod, no lines, with your mod white streaking lines. Not everywhere but enough of them that it is very annoying.
you have compatibility issues with some mod, which uses the same textures as this cockpit mod.

Say, aren't you using Sector Size and Backgrounds mod?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 4. Feb 10, 14:42

Yes, how did you know that? hah, I didnt realize there was some conflict, should have read more. Is there anyway to get them to work together?

Imp.-
x3tc

Post by Imp.- » Thu, 4. Feb 10, 20:30

I hoped this problem are fixed, but it isn't :-(

This graphical bug is one of the mysteries of the X3 Engine.

What I know is:
- X3 use diffrent Material, particulary this material have diffrent version with diffrent shader
- I use the actual Material06 for my models, but I think its not the newest version or not the right shader
- the background Mod use the very old X2 Material 3 or 5. I'm not sure exactly which
I don't no why, but when you use my CP-mod with my Material6 then from time to time the other MOD made this ugly bug.
Sorry I can't fix it. I can't update my exportsoftware. I'm realy happy anyway, when the exporter run

repatomonor
x4

Post by repatomonor » Fri, 5. Feb 10, 01:03

Imp.- wrote:I hoped this problem are fixed, but it isn't :-(

This graphical bug is one of the mysteries of the X3 Engine.

What I know is:
- X3 use diffrent Material, particulary this material have diffrent version with diffrent shader
- I use the actual Material06 for my models, but I think its not the newest version or not the right shader
- the background Mod use the very old X2 Material 3 or 5. I'm not sure exactly which
I don't no why, but when you use my CP-mod with my Material6 then from time to time the other MOD made this ugly bug.
Sorry I can't fix it. I can't update my exportsoftware. I'm realy happy anyway, when the exporter run
Actually, Shawn's cockpit mod started to interferre with it in the first place.

...And then you built shawn's cockpit mod into your mod.

That be the source of the problem I guess.

Imp.-
x3tc

Post by Imp.- » Fri, 5. Feb 10, 01:38

No not really

The Problem is the same. The normal Textures in shawns Mod are old X2 material, but the displays are the new material6 from my mod. We create this in cooperation.

Algoran
x3tc

Post by Algoran » Sun, 14. Feb 10, 09:19

Hi, I have the same problem as Okachi.

This mod makes the game crash when i try to load a savegame, but it works fine with a new game. I am currently using PSC01's cockpit mod. I tried doing what you suggested to Okachi: removing PSC01's mod, flying to a new sector and saving, then installing your mod, but it didn't work for me either. The game still crashes on load.

Don't know if you can do anything about this but I thought it was odd, so I mention it in case it helps you to know someone else has the same problem..

Imp.-
x3tc

Post by Imp.- » Mon, 15. Feb 10, 18:31

Algoran wrote:Hi, I have the same problem as Okachi.

This mod makes the game crash when i try to load a savegame, but it works fine with a new game. I am currently using PSC01's cockpit mod. I tried doing what you suggested to Okachi: removing PSC01's mod, flying to a new sector and saving, then installing your mod, but it didn't work for me either. The game still crashes on load.

Don't know if you can do anything about this but I thought it was odd, so I mention it in case it helps you to know someone else has the same problem..
PSCO1's Mod have an own TShip. And include still other files how the components, and edit shipscenes.
Please test without my mod, only with the deinstallation of PSCO1 Mod. I think the game will crash too.
Please attention to all my point in the readme before you save:

-Fly in a empty sector with low traffic
-use only one standardship for this fly, that not change by a mod.
-look that nothing of your capital (ships, stations) is in fight.

The best is, use no standardship, but the space suit

My Basis-MOD dont change anything of the game, and the FULL_CP only change the cockpitscene entry in the TShip. It is 100% compatibel to original X3TC but can not say what the game do when you change from an other mod.

Algoran
x3tc

Post by Algoran » Mon, 15. Feb 10, 23:02

Ok it works now :) Might have been because I wasn't in a spacesuit when I saved the first time. Thanks! Very nice cockpits btw.

Severniae
x3

Post by Severniae » Fri, 26. Feb 10, 03:15

Hi there,

I've installed the mod, wonderful cockpits by the way!

But have a small problem.

I like to fly in the Heavy Centaur, however am used to flying it in the XTM Mod, where the viewpoint is much further back on the ship. I also prefer to use the same cockpit as the standard centaur, not the X2 centuar.

I've tried changing the model for the cockpit in tships, however when I do this, the viewpoint moves to pretty much the center of the ship and I can't see in front of me!

Does anyone know of a way that I can; A, Move the viewpoint so its nearer where it is in XTM (imagine its near the back, where you might imagine the 'bridge' is) and B, Use the IMP's version of the Centaur bridge?

Many thanks all.

Sev.

Imp.-
x3tc

Post by Imp.- » Sat, 27. Feb 10, 18:45

Severniae wrote:Hi there,

I've installed the mod, wonderful cockpits by the way!

But have a small problem.

I like to fly in the Heavy Centaur, however am used to flying it in the XTM Mod, where the viewpoint is much further back on the ship. I also prefer to use the same cockpit as the standard centaur, not the X2 centuar.

I've tried changing the model for the cockpit in tships, however when I do this, the viewpoint moves to pretty much the center of the ship and I can't see in front of me!

Does anyone know of a way that I can; A, Move the viewpoint so its nearer where it is in XTM (imagine its near the back, where you might imagine the 'bridge' is) and B, Use the IMP's version of the Centaur bridge?

Many thanks all.

Sev.
Hm I'm not realy understand your problem. My CP-Mod can't move the viewpoint of the CP-Position in a ship. For this the shipscene must change. Or you change more then the cp-scene entry in the TShip.

When you use the XTM-MOD please don't use my FULL_CP. That give definitly problems

The-Last-Communist

Post by The-Last-Communist » Mon, 5. Apr 10, 13:30

i love your mod but one tiny thing upset me , the joysiks , :( is there a way to remouve them it would be nice if you realised only m6-7-tl-1-2-8 version
Splits , for the better things in life...

Imp.-
x3tc

Post by Imp.- » Wed, 7. Apr 10, 21:22

The-Last-Communist wrote:i love your mod but one tiny thing upset me , the joysiks , :( is there a way to remouve them it would be nice if you realised only m6-7-tl-1-2-8 version
Thats easy, but I don't made it.
Something of this mod is fine and other things are ugly. What thing they are, that is diffrent from player to player. I can't make it right for everyone. :-)

What you can do is replace the cockpits with joysticks with other cp or bridges.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”