[MOD] X3TC/AP ITS-PSCO1-Shawn Cockpit MOD V6 - 24.01.2012

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

WingC3
x4

Any idea what the cause of the CTD would be on a vanilla install?

Post by WingC3 » Mon, 5. Mar 12, 19:06

Basically all I do is remove any previous cockpit mods(including earlier versions of this or PSC01's cockpit mod), jump in a fighter and fly/jump to a sector where I don't have any other assets. It doesn't have to be literally empty. If you have insurance salvage you can just eject and save in your space suit, but I have done it several times without ejecting as well.

Once you save with no trace of the mod present, then you exit the game and apply the mod and load that save. Works fine and you don't need to start from scratch.
Thanks for the reply :) It seems the spacesuit's lack of a cockpit plays a role.

I am running completely vanilla X3:AP. I had tried applying the mod while in my original buster docked at a station. That caused a CTD when loading the save. Any idea what the issue was at that point?
Maybe it was being docked?

I'll try the spacesuit bit tonight and report back.

One additional question: Any known incompatibility with the items from the officially available bonus pack? thx.

Slashman
x4

Post by Slashman » Mon, 5. Mar 12, 20:25

I've had a CTD in Terran Conflict, but I'm almost positive that was due to me moving from one cockpit mod to another without a save in between.

I have applied new versions of the mod while docked and had no issues(much to my surprise). I do hope the spacesuit fixes your problem though.

No idea on the bonus pack material...but I have never had any issues in TC...the bonus pack stuff is just a bunch of scripts that were thrown together...should be fine.
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

WingC3
x4

Post by WingC3 » Mon, 5. Mar 12, 20:54

I may also have installed it incorrectly. I placed the base files in the main X3 directory. (It's what Imp's instructions technically say to do) Whereas the earlier explanation on this forum suggest that everything goes in the Addon folder.
Is that correct?

Slashman
x4

Post by Slashman » Mon, 5. Mar 12, 22:41

The 'ITS_X3TC_CP_Basis_5' and the 'X3TC_Basispatch_52' files go in the main Terran Conflict folder. You have to rename them as fake patch files. I'll assume you know how to do that already.

The 'ITS_X3TC_Full_CP' file also goes in your main TC folder as a fakepatch.

The 'ITS_X3AP_Full_CP' file goes into your addon folder(this is the folder where AP is installed) as a fakepatch.

Finally...if you are using PSCO1's no radar info mod...a copy of this goes into both the TC and addon(AP) folders as a fakepatch.

I think that should cover everything.

WingC3
x4

Post by WingC3 » Mon, 5. Mar 12, 22:51

Slashman wrote:The 'ITS_X3TC_CP_Basis_5' and the 'X3TC_Basispatch_52' files go in the main Terran Conflict folder. You have to rename them as fake patch files. I'll assume you know how to do that already.

The 'ITS_X3TC_Full_CP' file also goes in your main TC folder as a fakepatch.

The 'ITS_X3AP_Full_CP' file goes into your addon folder(this is the folder where AP is installed) as a fakepatch.

Finally...if you are using PSCO1's no radar info mod...a copy of this goes into both the TC and addon(AP) folders as a fakepatch.

I think that should cover everything.
I think I know what you're talking about with the fake patch files: renaming the files to the numerical .cat and .dat files?

I also was clearly missing some of the patch files. I only had 2 sets of files, you are mentioning 4 sets of files here. So, that probably had something to do with it also.

Darn it, why won't the workday just end already....

Slashman
x4

Post by Slashman » Mon, 5. Mar 12, 23:01

WingC3 wrote:I think I know what you're talking about with the fake patch files: renaming the files to the numerical .cat and .dat files?
Exactly. The largest file should be the first to go into the TC folder, follwed by the 6 meg basis patch 52. The 'ITS_X3TC_Full_CP' is a micropatch that goes into the main TC folder after the first 2. It's counterpart, 'ITS_X3AP_Full_CP' goes into the AP (addon)folder.

The last file...the no radar info is an optional file to remove the radar and shield/hull info from the screen since the cockpit mods have that integrated already, but it is not a requirement. It has to go into both the TC and AP folders.

WingC3
x4

Post by WingC3 » Mon, 5. Mar 12, 23:31

Yeah, the other part that wasn't clear was that you needed both the X3TC full AND the X3AP full. Just an FYI for Imp on the english instruction page: make this a bit clearer to the users that they must install BOTH if they have AP.

Thanks for all your help.

WingC3
x4

Post by WingC3 » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 03:33

So, the readme file for the patch contradicts our earlier conversation in one way: Imp says the patch in the basis 6 folder should go in the addon folder not the main one. thoughts?

WingC3
x4

Loading from a save

Post by WingC3 » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 04:13

I can confirm that it does NOT work when loading a save, but DOES work when starting a new game... thoughts on this?

Slashman
x4

Post by Slashman » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 04:17

WingC3 wrote:So, the readme file for the patch contradicts our earlier conversation in one way: Imp says the patch in the basis 6 folder should go in the addon folder not the main one. thoughts?
Ok...the problem is that I am still using a slightly older version.

I just checked his page and now two of the files are packed as one. The basis mod and patch are merged...so installation is actually a bit easier now. My apologies.

The procedure should still be very similar though. I'll need to download the new files to make sure. The only thing is that the large 150+ meg file and the 6 meg file are merged as one package. That still goes into the TC main folder I think.

Then the micropatches go to their respective folders and the no info radar is optional.

WingC3
x4

Solution:

Post by WingC3 » Wed, 7. Mar 12, 23:14

Hey Slashman, yes, the installation was pretty simple actually, all the files could go in the add-on folder for use in AP only.

I decided to try what one person had suggested: start a new game. It worked. So that got me to thinking that something about the existing game just needed to be reset. So I decided to try the space walk strategy.

The astronaut part DID make the difference for me. I bought some salvage insurance, jumped out of my ship and saved. After reloading the game ONCE with the astronaut, I was able to get into my ship and dock. It has worked nicely ever since then.

So, it is NOT necessary to start a new game. All you need is some salvage assurance and some spacewalking.

Slashman
x4

Re: Solution:

Post by Slashman » Thu, 8. Mar 12, 03:56

WingC3 wrote:So, it is NOT necessary to start a new game. All you need is some salvage assurance and some spacewalking.
I'm really glad to hear that you got it working. :)

I guess a spacewalk isn't so bad...but I was sure that it wasn't absolutely necessary. It may just depend on the individual game.

In any case...enjoy! :D

WingC3
x4

Post by WingC3 » Thu, 8. Mar 12, 20:00

Thanks for all your help!

D146AW

Post by D146AW » Fri, 16. Mar 12, 07:15

this mod looks great but i think i'm doing something wrong.

I'm using albion prelude and for some reason my katana has a centaur cockpit and my maccana has a mammoth cockpit. oh and the cutlass cockpit looks like it isnt right also

the cockpits look great, but they are a little out of place on the wrong ships. Any idea what i am doing wrong?

EDIT: just noticed the patch, but im not getting how to install it

blackmilan
xr

Post by blackmilan » Fri, 16. Mar 12, 17:44

Good work. A really nice mod, great cockpits. Just wanted to say thank you!

By the way I noticed a very minor issue. In the cutlass cockpit, the target icon is always mirrored. For example, if you target a fighter the triangle will point downward or if you target the east gate of a sector the "E" is not open to the right but to the left.

Sk_2013
x3tc

Post by Sk_2013 » Mon, 19. Mar 12, 04:31

Sorry if this question has already been asked, but how exactly does a mod like this work (and how might I make one for myself).

Any guides?
Peace through superior firepower.

Eriodas

Post by Eriodas » Mon, 16. Apr 12, 01:31

Hey ITS, very nice cockpits. I love the terrans and Boron ones, the argons are also unique, other i don't play much but just one question: Can you make a patch or something to make this one compatible with XRM?... i don't really know how much work is involved, but your cockpits are superior by far IMHO.

Imp.-
x3tc

Post by Imp.- » Tue, 17. Apr 12, 20:38

Thanks

The basis-mod runs with every other mod. And the some bigger mods using my Full_CP patch. For example the XTM. XRM I don't know.

At the moment I have a full-time-job in real life. There is no time to play, no time to look at ohter mod and no time to patch the vanilla Full_CP version. So patching for a mod is a total "no go". Many player play with many mods. Please have a look on my readme and the X2-Editor. It's a simple way to give your favorite ship the right CP.

alkeiser
x4

Post by alkeiser » Thu, 19. Apr 12, 05:03

I would really like to use this mod, but it makes X3AP crash on save load :(

Eriodas

Post by Eriodas » Thu, 19. Apr 12, 07:29

alkeiser wrote:I would really like to use this mod, but it makes X3AP crash on save load :(
Hmm.. maybe its something you're doing wrong, or another mod that is creating a conflict... i tried this cockpit mod on AP with a lot of other scripts and worked very well on AP.

And thanks for the reply IMP, i'll try to see if it works on XRM w/o modifications. If not, then i'll see what i can do.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”