[MOD] X3TC/AP ITS-PSCO1-Shawn Cockpit MOD V6 - 24.01.2012

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Anubitus
x4

Post by Anubitus » Fri, 15. Jan 10, 07:00

imp wrote:
@ anubitus
You can combinat mor than one CP-mod. But I don't know what you mean in your qoute:
The Cockpitscene entry in the Tship or the scenefiles in the mods.
And wich Mod you will combine. It gives not so many and in my mod are all included, I think
with my quote i ment both the path to the scene file and the cockpit entry in TShips file, as both need to be the same to use the cockpit..

the mod im using atm is http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... ht=cockpit
i saw that u have implemented this one into ur mod aswell, altho when i enter the game, the cockpits of the buster, nova and so on are changed to new ones, wich i like ofc, but are the ones from PSCO1"s mod still included..? have you renamed them..? i d like to use PSCO1's argon m4 cockpit for turret vieuws.. also i have some custom ships i wanna use some of his cockpits for..

thanks

Imp.-
x3tc

Post by Imp.- » Fri, 15. Jan 10, 20:30

Anubitus wrote: with my quote i ment both the path to the scene file and the cockpit entry in TShips file, as both need to be the same to use the cockpit..

the mod im using atm is http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... ht=cockpit
i saw that u have implemented this one into ur mod aswell, altho when i enter the game, the cockpits of the buster, nova and so on are changed to new ones, wich i like ofc, but are the ones from PSCO1"s mod still included..? have you renamed them..? i d like to use PSCO1's argon m4 cockpit for turret vieuws.. also i have some custom ships i wanna use some of his cockpits for..

thanks

It's not quite correct. Thats right that some argon CP are double. The discoverer use 3 different version. 2 from me and one from PSCO1. But for now I forgotten wich version use wich CP :gruebel:
The same by discoverer. The nova only by me, PSCO1 has no CP for this. The eclipse only use PSCO1 CP. Look at the list in my start topic.

Skite
x4

Post by Skite » Sat, 16. Jan 10, 19:33

Imp.- wrote:I will think about it.
Oh, I didn't mean to push it onto you. Was just getting some information. :)

Okachi

Post by Okachi » Sat, 16. Jan 10, 21:14

Ive downloaded the cockpit basis 4 and ive installed it (ive installed it in the mods folder because i cant read german and guessed it went there) and since i activated it in mods it just keeps Crashing every time i try to load up a game save. Please could you tell me what i am doing wrong.

Imp.-
x3tc

Post by Imp.- » Sat, 16. Jan 10, 22:58

Okachi wrote:Ive downloaded the cockpit basis 4 and ive installed it (ive installed it in the mods folder because i cant read german and guessed it went there) and since i activated it in mods it just keeps Crashing every time i try to load up a game save. Please could you tell me what i am doing wrong.
Are you using an other mod before? And when wich mod is it?
You can use only one mod. When you activate my mod, then the other mod was deactivate.

My mod is not gameplayrelevant. The best is you pack the ITS_X3TC_CP_Basis_4.cat/dat in the X3 mainfolder and give him the next count of this files in this folder.

Okachi

Post by Okachi » Sun, 17. Jan 10, 11:24

well ive got the normandy and MARS mod running and i tried putting the cat/dat folders in my main x3tc directory and it still isnt working so i must be doing something wrong on my part.

Imp.-
x3tc

Post by Imp.- » Sun, 17. Jan 10, 18:50

Okachi wrote:well ive got the normandy and MARS mod running and i tried putting the cat/dat folders in my main x3tc directory and it still isnt working so i must be doing something wrong on my part.

How you handle the 2 other mod?
With a modmanager, in the mods-folder or like the CP-Mod in the X3TC-mainfolder?

Okachi

Post by Okachi » Sun, 17. Jan 10, 21:30

Ive put the MARS and Normandy mods in the mods folder.
First time i installed cockpit mod i put the cat/dat in the mods folder and then the game just kept crashing every time i loaded a gamesave.
Then as you said i installed them as a fake patch and then the game save loaded up but no cockpit and i tried jumping to another sector and changing ships and still no cockpit.
Sorry for causing you so much hassle but the cockpits look awesome and i really want them ingame

Imp.-
x3tc

Post by Imp.- » Sun, 17. Jan 10, 22:26

Okachi wrote:Ive put the MARS and Normandy mods in the mods folder.
First time i installed cockpit mod i put the cat/dat in the mods folder and then the game just kept crashing every time i loaded a gamesave.
Then as you said i installed them as a fake patch and then the game save loaded up but no cockpit and i tried jumping to another sector and changing ships and still no cockpit.
Sorry for causing you so much hassle but the cockpits look awesome and i really want them ingame

Hm, Ok.

As first how I said before. You can copy many Mod in the mods folder but only one Mod can activate. Its critical to change the mods how you like. When you using more than one, then you must copy the mods in the maindirectory and must numbered they. The highest/biggest number has the priority. And the "activated" mod in in the mods-folder have the highest priority.

Second. I look in the other two mods, and I see no problem. Have you rename my mod in the next number by the *.cat/*.dat? (for example: 10.cat and 10.dat)
When you copy other mods in the X3TC maindirectory, then give my mod the lowest number following the normal X3TC files. The mod don't need a high priority.

Imp.-
x3tc

Post by Imp.- » Mon, 1. Feb 10, 11:11

Version 5 is released. More infos in my mainthread and on my site.

ngendk

Post by ngendk » Mon, 1. Feb 10, 12:17

Hmm I crash to desktop every time I try to load up my save game. Starting a new game works fine and the cockpits are shown. I tried to eject and dock at a station, save the game and then install the mods - But I still CTD

/edit: Forgot to say that I have no other mods installed. I had another cockpit mod installed, but I removed that and made a new save game. It still CTD's though.

As said above, the game works fine with this cockpit mod if I start a new game.

Imp.-
x3tc

Post by Imp.- » Mon, 1. Feb 10, 14:50

ngendk wrote:Hmm I crash to desktop every time I try to load up my save game. Starting a new game works fine and the cockpits are shown. I tried to eject and dock at a station, save the game and then install the mods - But I still CTD

/edit: Forgot to say that I have no other mods installed. I had another cockpit mod installed, but I removed that and made a new save game. It still CTD's though.

As said above, the game works fine with this cockpit mod if I start a new game.
Still some question:
Have you test without my MOD, only with the deinstallation of the other CP-MOD?
When you have at this time a CTD the problem is by this MOD and his TShip
When not, made a new save without this mod, but please change the sector and play some miuntes before you save.

Have you the CTD with the FULL-CP-Patch or without?

When with, then don't use this Patch. Look at my readme how to change Cockpitscenes manually with double-shadows X3-Editor

ngendk

Post by ngendk » Mon, 1. Feb 10, 15:54

I uninstalled the old cockpit mod - and I could play with vanilla game. I did fly to another sector and save. I even changed ship and it still crashed.

Imp.-
x3tc

Post by Imp.- » Mon, 1. Feb 10, 19:30

ngendk wrote:I uninstalled the old cockpit mod - and I could play with vanilla game. I did fly to another sector and save. I even changed ship and it still crashed.
Hm my english is not perfect. At the moment I think I can't correct translate what you mean. Please write more details.

I have understand:
- that the deinstallation of the other CP-Mod is done and OK.
- The game crash by change a ship

I don't know:
Version of your X3TC?
How you install my Mod and wich parts of it?
Do you use only the Basis-Version or in additional my FULL-CP-Patch?
Crash by the same ship, or by all? What for Ship is it?

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Wed, 3. Feb 10, 19:14

uhm, there is a problem in your mod. I tried to modificate the terran Cutlass' (Machete's) cockpit scene, and it worked with the left and the right parts. However, the "ITS_usc_M3_machete.bod" contains the Scimitar's cockpit's right part again.

Could you fix that?

Also, could you release a center version for the Scimitar aswell? Because I wanted to use the Cutlass center version for the scimitar, however I cannot if there is no central Cutlass either xD

Imp.-
x3tc

Post by Imp.- » Wed, 3. Feb 10, 19:29

:gruebel: Hm I don't know what you mean. When you not change the cp-scene entry by the scimitar, then the centerview is standard. But it's very similar to the cutlass.
The backseat are only bonus and not using in the normal Version.

The path do you mean are old, but i had not delete this file, because some people using this and I don't know if it give problems.

Use this mainpath for Scimitar:

ships\terran\cockpits\terran_m3_cp_scene

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Wed, 3. Feb 10, 21:21

Imp.- wrote::gruebel: Hm I don't know what you mean. When you not change the cp-scene entry by the scimitar, then the centerview is standard. But it's very similar to the cutlass.
The backseat are only bonus and not using in the normal Version.

The path do you mean are old, but i had not delete this file, because some people using this and I don't know if it give problems.

Use this mainpath for Scimitar:

ships\terran\cockpits\terran_m3_cp_scene
ahh, nevermind, I was looking for objects/ships/usc/cockpits/usc_m3_cockpit_scenes. :)

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 4. Feb 10, 11:17

Hey I got the cockpits to load fine but I am seeing some strange lines running across the sky with your mod installed. Without your mod, no lines, with your mod white streaking lines. Not everywhere but enough of them that it is very annoying.

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Thu, 4. Feb 10, 13:08

BlackRain wrote:Hey I got the cockpits to load fine but I am seeing some strange lines running across the sky with your mod installed. Without your mod, no lines, with your mod white streaking lines. Not everywhere but enough of them that it is very annoying.
you have compatibility issues with some mod, which uses the same textures as this cockpit mod.

Say, aren't you using Sector Size and Backgrounds mod?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 4. Feb 10, 13:42

Yes, how did you know that? hah, I didnt realize there was some conflict, should have read more. Is there anyway to get them to work together?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”