[MOD] X3TC/AP ITS-PSCO1-Shawn Cockpit MOD V6 - 24.01.2012

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Cuddly_Tomato
x3tc

Post by Cuddly_Tomato » Sun, 3. Jan 10, 19:50

Killjaeden wrote:
Can anyone confirm the download link is broken
*confirm*
Dammit!

Is it hosted anywhere else at all?

DannyDSC
x4

Post by DannyDSC » Sun, 3. Jan 10, 19:58

very very very gooood work!!! I've posted your announce in the italian forum :)
The Indie Seeker - The Twitter Channel for your indiegames!

Ex Egosoft Translator/Currently writer for www.ilvideogioco.com

@IlVideogiococom is the ONLY italian website that offers full coverage to ALL #indiegames! Are you an #indiedev?
Feel free to follow and contact us on Twitter/Facebook/Instagram!

Imp.-
x3tc

Post by Imp.- » Sun, 3. Jan 10, 23:44

Hm, something goes wrong at the upload, but now all download are OK

@Danny

Thanks for inform the Italian community :thumb_up:

Imp.-
x3tc

Post by Imp.- » Sun, 10. Jan 10, 16:45

Good new. New version of ITS_CP-MOD is online. This includes a complete new cockpit for the USC M3 Scimitar.

frontseat: http://www.its-schiffswerft.homepage.t- ... en_17.html
seat behind: http://www.its-schiffswerft.homepage.t- ... en_18.html

Download how ever on my HP

I need a little bit feedback of the grafical efficiency. The modell have the detail of M1 or M2 ships.

FluffyNinja
x2

Post by FluffyNinja » Sun, 10. Jan 10, 23:19

You guys don't hang about!

Does the new hotfix replace ITS_X3TC_CP_Patch_3-3a or should it be loaded as well?

I'm assuming that I'm installing it correctly as it appears to be working. I've got the cat/dat files numbered to load in the following order..

1) ITS_X3TC_CP_Basis_3
2) ITS_X3TC_Full_CP_25
3) ITS_X3TC_CP_Patch_3-3a

Imp.-
x3tc

Post by Imp.- » Sun, 10. Jan 10, 23:49

FluffyNinja wrote:You guys don't hang about!

Does the new hotfix replace ITS_X3TC_CP_Patch_3-3a or should it be loaded as well?

I'm assuming that I'm installing it correctly as it appears to be working. I've got the cat/dat files numbered to load in the following order..

1) ITS_X3TC_CP_Basis_3
2) ITS_X3TC_Full_CP_25
3) ITS_X3TC_CP_Patch_3-3a
Yes replace the old Patch 3-3a with the new 3-4. Thats all. :-)

Commander Zane
x3tc

Post by Commander Zane » Wed, 13. Jan 10, 13:34

I remember how awesome the unique Argon canopies were on Reunion but this is truly outstanding.

I'm curious, how did you get the screenshot of the back of Scimitar's canopy when its default view is at the front?

Personally I'd like to see a unique canopy for the Venti, but I guess if two of the OTAS ships have been done this would be at some point expected? :D

Imp.-
x3tc

Post by Imp.- » Wed, 13. Jan 10, 14:10

Commander Zane wrote:I remember how awesome the unique Argon canopies were on Reunion but this is truly outstanding.

I'm curious, how did you get the screenshot of the back of Scimitar's canopy when its default view is at the front?

Personally I'd like to see a unique canopy for the Venti, but I guess if two of the OTAS ships have been done this would be at some point expected? :D
At the moment I work on my old argon M1 and M2 Bridges. They in the next Patch :-)

The scimitar backseat are not in the game, but in the mod. Its in my new CP_turret folder and can use for turretviews. The view is to little for a frontview and I will not work with the TCockpit file in my mod.
You are free to bring it in your Game with the X3-Editor :-)

Anubitus
x4

Post by Anubitus » Thu, 14. Jan 10, 06:50

hi

i was wondering.. i have a cockpit mod installed, wich i like very much.. but i love this one aswell, would it be possible to use both mods..? i know they use the same file names but what if i changed the names..? would that work..?

example

change this

Code: Select all

ships\argon\cockpits\argon_m3_cp_scene
to this

Code: Select all

ships\argon\cockpits\argon_m3_cp2_scene
EDIT: i've tried this and it doesnt seem to work.. the cockpits dont show up in the game.. :( how can i make this work..?

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Thu, 14. Jan 10, 09:43

merging the two mods together would PROBABLY make it work...

Skite
x4

Post by Skite » Thu, 14. Jan 10, 11:04

One thing I've always hated about cockpitmods is that they never allow for numeric hull/shield display... Which is totally a must if you are off capping. (Knowing when the enemy shield is under 10%!)

Does your mod allow correct placement of numeric hull/shield display, or does the texture get spread over the given area?

Imp.-
x3tc

Post by Imp.- » Thu, 14. Jan 10, 16:48

Skite wrote:One thing I've always hated about cockpitmods is that they never allow for numeric hull/shield display... Which is totally a must if you are off capping. (Knowing when the enemy shield is under 10%!)

Does your mod allow correct placement of numeric hull/shield display, or does the texture get spread over the given area?

Sorry i must decide me. I can't make two version. And with the status-line I have more room for different CP-design. I hope you understand and accept this situation.

@ anubitus
You can combinat mor than one CP-mod. But I don't know what you mean in your qoute:
The Cockpitscene entry in the Tship or the scenefiles in the mods.
And wich Mod you will combine. It gives not so many and in my mod are all included, I think :gruebel:

Commander Zane
x3tc

Post by Commander Zane » Thu, 14. Jan 10, 18:59

Yeah the displays won't show numbers well, especially with the status bars that bend like on the Scimitar.

Skite
x4

Post by Skite » Thu, 14. Jan 10, 19:54

The problem is that the creators of the cockpits - no offence - made two different 'slots' for the regular bar displays, where the numbers will be stretched on the entire 'slot', not even cut in half, as far as my experience goes. It would be a better solution if the entire display was a one-piece, that way, numbers could potentially still be readable, even if they're a bit moulded out of shape, as is the case with the Scimitar's arc.

Does that make sense?

Imp.-
x3tc

Post by Imp.- » Thu, 14. Jan 10, 22:43

Skite wrote:The problem is that the creators of the cockpits - no offence - made two different 'slots' for the regular bar displays, where the numbers will be stretched on the entire 'slot', not even cut in half, as far as my experience goes. It would be a better solution if the entire display was a one-piece, that way, numbers could potentially still be readable, even if they're a bit moulded out of shape, as is the case with the Scimitar's arc.

Does that make sense?
I will think about it.

Anubitus
x4

Post by Anubitus » Fri, 15. Jan 10, 07:00

imp wrote:
@ anubitus
You can combinat mor than one CP-mod. But I don't know what you mean in your qoute:
The Cockpitscene entry in the Tship or the scenefiles in the mods.
And wich Mod you will combine. It gives not so many and in my mod are all included, I think
with my quote i ment both the path to the scene file and the cockpit entry in TShips file, as both need to be the same to use the cockpit..

the mod im using atm is http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... ht=cockpit
i saw that u have implemented this one into ur mod aswell, altho when i enter the game, the cockpits of the buster, nova and so on are changed to new ones, wich i like ofc, but are the ones from PSCO1"s mod still included..? have you renamed them..? i d like to use PSCO1's argon m4 cockpit for turret vieuws.. also i have some custom ships i wanna use some of his cockpits for..

thanks

Imp.-
x3tc

Post by Imp.- » Fri, 15. Jan 10, 20:30

Anubitus wrote: with my quote i ment both the path to the scene file and the cockpit entry in TShips file, as both need to be the same to use the cockpit..

the mod im using atm is http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... ht=cockpit
i saw that u have implemented this one into ur mod aswell, altho when i enter the game, the cockpits of the buster, nova and so on are changed to new ones, wich i like ofc, but are the ones from PSCO1"s mod still included..? have you renamed them..? i d like to use PSCO1's argon m4 cockpit for turret vieuws.. also i have some custom ships i wanna use some of his cockpits for..

thanks

It's not quite correct. Thats right that some argon CP are double. The discoverer use 3 different version. 2 from me and one from PSCO1. But for now I forgotten wich version use wich CP :gruebel:
The same by discoverer. The nova only by me, PSCO1 has no CP for this. The eclipse only use PSCO1 CP. Look at the list in my start topic.

Skite
x4

Post by Skite » Sat, 16. Jan 10, 19:33

Imp.- wrote:I will think about it.
Oh, I didn't mean to push it onto you. Was just getting some information. :)

Okachi

Post by Okachi » Sat, 16. Jan 10, 21:14

Ive downloaded the cockpit basis 4 and ive installed it (ive installed it in the mods folder because i cant read german and guessed it went there) and since i activated it in mods it just keeps Crashing every time i try to load up a game save. Please could you tell me what i am doing wrong.

Imp.-
x3tc

Post by Imp.- » Sat, 16. Jan 10, 22:58

Okachi wrote:Ive downloaded the cockpit basis 4 and ive installed it (ive installed it in the mods folder because i cant read german and guessed it went there) and since i activated it in mods it just keeps Crashing every time i try to load up a game save. Please could you tell me what i am doing wrong.
Are you using an other mod before? And when wich mod is it?
You can use only one mod. When you activate my mod, then the other mod was deactivate.

My mod is not gameplayrelevant. The best is you pack the ITS_X3TC_CP_Basis_4.cat/dat in the X3 mainfolder and give him the next count of this files in this folder.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”