Transcend II "reloaded" - update March 6, 2011

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Post Reply
User avatar
Observe
Posts: 2854
Joined: Fri, 30. Dec 05, 18:47
xr

Post by Observe » Wed, 11. May 11, 02:01

Targ Collective wrote:Every ship in the fleet that you meet up with is Jumpdrive equipped. You are not. And you're supposed to be the scout right?
Yes, I've pondered back and forth on that issue, and will take your feedback into account for next revision.

Speaking of next revision, I've been correcting texturing issues on some of the ships, adding the recently discovered collision avoidance object for ships, and a few other improvements/changes. This will become available as soon as I can pull my head out of RL work. :)

Thanks for feedback!

Targ Collective
Posts: 1733
Joined: Wed, 4. Feb 09, 22:42
x3tc

Post by Targ Collective » Wed, 11. May 11, 02:14

Okay.

Something else for next revision - found a bug.

First Glowing Crystal mission - from the Goner - there's no check for cargo space before loading the crystal into your hold. This means you can have the mission active, dock in Horologium, and be unable to proceed with the mission - the MD doesn't allow for a hold full of jumpfuel!

I was able to revert to an earlier save - at the SPP where I loaded up in point of fact - but the script should really allow for this.

By the way, throwing Xenon sectors at the player so early is just evil. You do know that, don't you? :D
Learn to use stickies. Look here for mods for X3TC and here for guides across everything since X2. If you haven't read the Forum Rules do so before we beat you with sticks. Above all have fun.

User avatar
Observe
Posts: 2854
Joined: Fri, 30. Dec 05, 18:47
xr

Post by Observe » Wed, 11. May 11, 02:48

Targ Collective wrote:Something else for next revision - found a bug.

First Glowing Crystal mission - from the Goner - there's no check for cargo space before loading the crystal into your hold. This means you can have the mission active, dock in Horologium, and be unable to proceed with the mission - the MD doesn't allow for a hold full of jumpfuel!
I've been meaning to take a look at weaknesses in that area. Thanks for reminding!
Targ Collective wrote:By the way, throwing Xenon sectors at the player so early is just evil. You do know that, don't you? :D
Yes, it can be a bit hair-raising. Image

Targ Collective
Posts: 1733
Joined: Wed, 4. Feb 09, 22:42
x3tc

Post by Targ Collective » Wed, 11. May 11, 03:34

Actually... While the concept is good, the early Xenon sectors look like they need rebalancing. The firepower is too much for your little M3 to survive! And anything as slow as the M7 you're given is bound to be toast too.

I love what you've created but the difficulty curve is a little high - it's seemingly impossible to reach the Goner temple gate alive. In your M6 or M3 the Xenon will just tear you to pieces.

Looking at it from a 'big picture' view I can't see any faults with it, it is a solid mod. But from the little picture perspective of someone following the plot, the mod seems designed to frustrate.

How do you playtest the plot yourself? How do you get around the challenges you create for yourself? Remember that not everyone is a crack pilot; some will want to be able to run from the Xenon.

There are ways to cater for that type of player too - overtuning your first ship a little to give you a speed edge over the Xenon is all it needs for a first time player to be able to get into this.

By the way, love the new Xenon ships. It makes sense that they would have beam weapons too. ;)
Learn to use stickies. Look here for mods for X3TC and here for guides across everything since X2. If you haven't read the Forum Rules do so before we beat you with sticks. Above all have fun.

Stu Austin
Posts: 1963
Joined: Tue, 23. Dec 03, 23:32
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Wed, 11. May 11, 17:42

Targ Collective wrote:Actually... While the concept is good, the early Xenon sectors look like they need rebalancing. The firepower is too much for your little M3 to survive! And anything as slow as the M7 you're given is bound to be toast too.

I love what you've created but the difficulty curve is a little high - it's seemingly impossible to reach the Goner temple gate alive. In your M6 or M3 the Xenon will just tear you to pieces.

Looking at it from a 'big picture' view I can't see any faults with it, it is a solid mod. But from the little picture perspective of someone following the plot, the mod seems designed to frustrate.

How do you playtest the plot yourself? How do you get around the challenges you create for yourself? Remember that not everyone is a crack pilot; some will want to be able to run from the Xenon.

There are ways to cater for that type of player too - overtuning your first ship a little to give you a speed edge over the Xenon is all it needs for a first time player to be able to get into this.

By the way, love the new Xenon ships. It makes sense that they would have beam weapons too. ;)
The best way to get to the Goner Temple Gate (first one) is simple. Once you get into the sector with the Temple Gate, (providing you are in the Stinger with a M3 docked to it), jump to the West gate. Immediately switch over to the M3 and send (jump) the Stinger to a safe sector.
The first set of Xenon sectors are very hard at first. Best way to get thru these at first is do a in-sector gate jump to the opposite gate, turn around and go thru the gate then repeat the process for the next Xenon sector until you reach the first Terran sector.
When the mod is tested, we spend a lot of hours and a lot of cups of coffee testing it. I too find it hard but not impossible to complete it. Let me reach my first Hailstorm then those Queens in the first Xenon sectors are toast. :)
stu
Transcend Mod Team - AP, TC, Reunion

lone_warrior
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat, 21. Mar 09, 10:52

Post by lone_warrior » Fri, 1. Jul 11, 13:06

In the next version, please make it so theres actually somewhere to buy a jumpdrive, the only place I can find one is pirate stations, nowhere else sells them and for some reason the only goner station ive found is under pirate control.

Stu Austin
Posts: 1963
Joined: Tue, 23. Dec 03, 23:32
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Fri, 1. Jul 11, 17:28

lone_warrior wrote:In the next version, please make it so theres actually somewhere to buy a jumpdrive, the only place I can find one is pirate stations, nowhere else sells them and for some reason the only goner station ive found is under pirate control.
Hello. I'm sending you a pm.
stu
Transcend Mod Team - AP, TC, Reunion

Meknor
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat, 2. Jul 11, 10:54

Post by Meknor » Sat, 2. Jul 11, 11:05

Hi, first love this mod, ive been following it since X3 reunion because of the moonbase in the files (cant seem to find it already in game though)

So anyway I had an idea for the next release (if your still working on this mod)

A new start and a new race which the player controls

Race: Roniel
Game Start Name: Roniel Ranger
Starting ships / equiptment: 1 unknown sector, large with neatrual shipyard (for player use), shipyyard contains unique ships no other race can have( perhaps from the SPK ship database?)
Sector also contains 'Moonbase' remamed as Roniel Homeworld.

Ive seen youve done a good job at making missions, so maybe this could get the player into the universe with the other races:

Starting ship: Roniel M3 class (whatever you decide their M3 class is)

Mission.
Objective 1: Fly through discovered gate in home sector and scout the other side.

Objective 2: Once on other side, scan sector for life (at first you find none)

Objective 3: Return home with findings (get attacked by Xenon / Khaak on way back)

Objective 4: locate the source of strange signal coming from newly discovered sector

Objective 5: Protect teladi TL freighter from Xenon attacks (as their jumpdrive malfunctioned and the Xenon followed them here)

As a reward, you get co ordinates to teladi sector (as your sectors will be fairly secluded)
Anyway please let me know if youll be doing this or not, I thought it would be fun to start as a race seperate from the others, and as its a whole new galaxy map anyway, it couldnt hurt to have a new race somewhere.

Gurkenkater
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue, 1. Dec 09, 13:34
x3tc

Post by Gurkenkater » Mon, 4. Jul 11, 22:48

ahm, in the start-up menu of X3TC I can't select "Select Mod Package", it just won't let me.
Ryh`s... Command rejected.

Stu Austin
Posts: 1963
Joined: Tue, 23. Dec 03, 23:32
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Tue, 5. Jul 11, 01:16

Gurkenkater wrote:ahm, in the start-up menu of X3TC I can't select "Select Mod Package", it just won't let me.
Hello. Thats odd. Take a look in your sub-directory of X3 Terran Conflict and see if there is a folder called "mods" and if there is, transcendII.cat and transcendII.dat should be in the mods folder.
stu
Transcend Mod Team - AP, TC, Reunion

Cisor
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat, 25. Sep 04, 15:06
x4

Post by Cisor » Wed, 6. Jul 11, 12:11

Just started, but enjoying mod so far...

A few questions... Is the below a known bug, intended behaviour or a fubar with my installation?

- I can supposedly dock the Stinger M7 to the Orbital Defence Station in Limboni but it never docks (even with me piloting and using the docking computer). The M6 docks fine.

- The OSR ships I get are all stocked with Mosquito Missiles, but none of the ships can utilise them. Just a cash injection to help me out? :-)

Stu Austin
Posts: 1963
Joined: Tue, 23. Dec 03, 23:32
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Thu, 7. Jul 11, 01:53

Cisor wrote:Just started, but enjoying mod so far...

A few questions... Is the below a known bug, intended behaviour or a fubar with my installation?

- I can supposedly dock the Stinger M7 to the Orbital Defence Station in Limboni but it never docks (even with me piloting and using the docking computer). The M6 docks fine.

- The OSR ships I get are all stocked with Mosquito Missiles, but none of the ships can utilise them. Just a cash injection to help me out? :-)
Hello. Thanks. I just flew to Limboni, commanded the Stinger to dock at the Orbital Defense Station and it docked fine. Tryed also the auto dock (the quicky one) and it docked fine while piloting the Stinger. Are you getting the approach lights and is it following them?
For the next update, I'll remove the Mosquito Missiles from the ship library.
stu
Transcend Mod Team - AP, TC, Reunion

Cisor
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat, 25. Sep 04, 15:06
x4

Post by Cisor » Thu, 7. Jul 11, 10:27

Stu Austin wrote:Hello. Thanks. I just flew to Limboni, commanded the Stinger to dock at the Orbital Defense Station and it docked fine. Tryed also the auto dock (the quicky one) and it docked fine while piloting the Stinger. Are you getting the approach lights and is it following them?
For the next update, I'll remove the Mosquito Missiles from the ship library.
stu
Thanks stu... I went back and gave the station another eyeball. There's a fleet of Terran Military ships hogging all the big ship bays atm. :-(

Mayhap I'll get to dock there eventually, although I'm not sure what game event can/will transpire to get them going. I'm using the Lost in Space game start btw. In any event, it's not a biggy, and sry for the bad info.
.

User avatar
X-Reider
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri, 25. Feb 11, 13:27
x3tc

Post by X-Reider » Mon, 11. Jul 11, 13:43

"Hull-eating sectors" - where are they? Spoilers, please! :D
Where can I read the passage of missions? :roll:
Stu Austin wrote:Scuti Upsilom
I was thinking about hull-eating sectors, as in X2 ... Now realized that it was impossible... :cry:
Stu Austin wrote:Not eactly what you mean or else you are asking what the missions are.
Passage of missions, the details...
Here's how: "you will receive a message, you are flying in sector A to station B" and ect. :lol:
Last edited by X-Reider on Tue, 12. Jul 11, 20:41, edited 1 time in total.

Stu Austin
Posts: 1963
Joined: Tue, 23. Dec 03, 23:32
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Tue, 12. Jul 11, 16:49

X-Reider wrote:"Hull-eating sectors" - where are they? Spoilers, please! :D
Where can I read the passage of missions? :roll:
In gamestart Lost in Space and Hunted, the hull-eating sector mission is in:
Spoiler
Show
Scuti Upsilom, toward the left side of the map area. You will receive this mission from the Goner in Pool of Silence.
Passage of missions. Not eactly what you mean or else you are asking what the missions are.
stu
Transcend Mod Team - AP, TC, Reunion

Post Reply

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”