[MOD] Babylon 5 Total Conversion B5X3TC

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

metalsnakegear

Post by metalsnakegear » Thu, 8. Sep 11, 08:21

yes and thats just my point it was originally started as full conversion or x3 reunion..... tc comes out mod moves to tc..... so my simple question is why make something for tc if say rebirth gets launched and the mod moves again thats just going to equal more time working to move it then it is to just get it done for one game or at least thats how i see it

maybe i'm wrong who knows

Amras Arfeiniel
x3tc

Post by Amras Arfeiniel » Wed, 9. May 12, 21:23

Something that I want to share with the B5 fans here.

From TripleF:
No easy way to introduce this subtly, so.

After contacting Ron Thornton, to find out who designed one of the ships on Babylon 5, one thing led to another, and a quick exercise in learning how to code up a web page turned into a unique reference site. (5 years, 15 FX artists and one producer later). Among those contacted included Steve Burg, Everett Burrell, Eric Chauvin and Kevin Kutchaver.

The site isn’t going to stay up forever, It was just a hobby, a one off, so I made it downloadable for anyone to keep – no strings, popups, adverts or anything else attached. Just a lot frank, revealing and occasionally funny interviews from a bunch of artists with enough Emmys between them to field a couple of football teams (that answer a lot of questions and bust a few myths) and a fair bit of previously unreleased concept art, like this.

http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb3 ... rtSamp.jpg

It’s not so much about the show, but the artists, the art and the technology. Steve Burg (who recently designed the Prometheus for the Ridley Scott movie) described what we talked about as the most in-depth examination of his methodology and approach to design ever carried out. Which, considering Steve’s career, came as a bit of a surprise.

This is a link to a facebook page highlighting the site.
http://www.facebook.com/B5Scrolls

If you read the top post you’ll see why I joined FB and set it up, and why I’m pointing there. It’s far from ideal (a lot of folks aren’t on facebook), but it was the best idea I could think of to let as many folk know as possible, before the site disappears.

If anyone is interested, ain’t on facebook and can’t see the two links to the site (you don’t need to log into FB to see or use them). Then here’s a link to the site itself. Though if you can ‘like’ that thing, that would be helpful.
http://www.themadgoner.com/B5/B5Scrolls/B5Scrolls.htm

pave_low
x3

Thought I'd give this a try.

Post by pave_low » Sun, 26. Apr 15, 10:19

From reading the posts here I gather the B5 Total Conversion works. But I am wondering why I cannot get it to work.

I have tried installing it through the installer and all I get is a Universe filled with X3TC Ships. and NOTHING else

I tried the RAR file and placed it in the actual X3TC Directory and all I get are the Loading Screen pictures and the X3TC game.

I placed the contents of the RAR file into a "Mods" directory and I only get Loading pictures and Sinclair's voice over at the main menu.... And the X3TC game.

SirDeathwalker
x4

Re: Thought I'd give this a try.

Post by SirDeathwalker » Sat, 9. May 15, 22:00

pave_low wrote:From reading the posts here I gather the B5 Total Conversion works. But I am wondering why I cannot get it to work.

I have tried installing it through the installer and all I get is a Universe filled with X3TC Ships. and NOTHING else

I tried the RAR file and placed it in the actual X3TC Directory and all I get are the Loading Screen pictures and the X3TC game.

I placed the contents of the RAR file into a "Mods" directory and I only get Loading pictures and Sinclair's voice over at the main menu.... And the X3TC game.
I noticed that in the installation window it mentioned that it is completely incompatible with the cycrow scripts and cheats (there was a very extensive dialog box in the installation window)

Amras Arfeiniel
x3tc

Post by Amras Arfeiniel » Sun, 26. Jun 16, 21:11

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sun, 26. Jun 16, 22:53

What? I can't believe it, you finished this! I can't wait to play this. :)

LordSekmeth
x3tc

Wow nice =)

Post by LordSekmeth » Mon, 27. Jun 16, 02:21

Wow, time for a new install of X3TC :)

Anyone have anyone tried it out any mods yet?
If it ain't broken, fix it anyway

Vlyxnol
x4

Post by Vlyxnol » Tue, 28. Jun 16, 22:36

So I started a game with no other mods and boy... this place is HUGE! I did a few quests for AMC and than went Hot Dogging around the universe, only when I returned AMC seems to be well... gone... I think something dark happened in my absence.

I do seem to be getting game crashes when trying to F3 some ships. Its not a huge deal but i thought i'd mention it.

JJRSC
x4

Post by JJRSC » Fri, 1. Jul 16, 01:32

WOW. Guys, I have to say, I am extremely impressed with your determination. To plug away at this all this time, in your spare time, for free, with people nagging you, on something this complex and difficult to put together and finishing it is simply amazing. The time it took for you to finish only tells me how tough this was to complete and only impresses me more. Congratulations to all of you and thanks.

I was a B5 fan who had never heard of the X-Games until I found your trailers on youtube in 2009. I finally bought X3 TC in 2013 and when I saw the scope of the game I was staggered at the scale of what you were attempting to do. So WOW again and congrats!!!!

Amras Arfeiniel
x3tc

Post by Amras Arfeiniel » Fri, 1. Jul 16, 10:13

Thanks guys!

We are trying to sort out some of the bugs already. :)
http://b5.hc-gamer.de/index/board/threa ... rt/0#com13
Vlyxnol wrote:So I started a game with no other mods and boy... this place is HUGE! I did a few quests for AMC and than went Hot Dogging around the universe, only when I returned AMC seems to be well... gone... I think something dark happened in my absence.

I do seem to be getting game crashes when trying to F3 some ships. Its not a huge deal but i thought i'd mention it.
Yeah, we might have overdone the sector size a bit. :D

Amras Arfeiniel
x3tc

Post by Amras Arfeiniel » Fri, 1. Jul 16, 10:13

Thanks guys!

We are trying to sort out some of the bugs already. :)
http://b5.hc-gamer.de/index/board/threa ... rt/0#com13
Vlyxnol wrote:So I started a game with no other mods and boy... this place is HUGE! I did a few quests for AMC and than went Hot Dogging around the universe, only when I returned AMC seems to be well... gone... I think something dark happened in my absence.

Yeah, we might have overdone the sector size a bit. :D

Vlyxnol
x4

Post by Vlyxnol » Fri, 1. Jul 16, 21:43

Amras Arfeiniel wrote: Yeah, we might have overdone the sector size a bit. :D
Actually I like the larger sector sizes and to be 100% honest I think the Hyperspace sector sizes are the ones that are a little to large. Either way its not a big deal, I like the feeling of large territories, It makes you feel quite small in such an awe inspiring environment, which is a good thing in my mind.

Edit~~ Another way to fix the "Size" of the universe would be to adjust ship speeds. Most m5's only go about 230-275m/s with the exception of some other ships(that the player doesn't have access too) i've seen that go about 500m/s. You could change this so that if the player wants to get around quickly before they have access to jump drive tech they could.

dreamer2008
x4

Post by dreamer2008 » Thu, 7. Jul 16, 12:24

Thank you for this mod! I was just looking for a reason to reinstall X3 TC, and you gave the perfect one. Now its time to finish watching Babylon 5 and then start exploring that interesting world myself.

alexalsp
x4

Re: [MOD] Babylon 5 Total Conversion B5X3TC

Post by alexalsp » Wed, 1. Mar 23, 00:39

So does the Cheat Menu work with the mod or not?

Someone above mentioned that it doesn't work. But I flew, the Menu works, I didn’t seem to notice any problems.

Or is it still not???

Or is this topic not for this mod?

https://www.moddb.com/mods/babylon-5-x3-mod

enphily

Post by enphily » Fri, 3. Mar 23, 07:24

It works perfectly and always did.
And you're in the right topic

enphily

Post by enphily » Fri, 3. Mar 23, 08:49

https://i121.fastpic.org/big/2023/0302/ ... e1cb12.jpg

I think i should post about update for this mod.
There is new version with a lot of changes. For version 3.2 and now alexalsp working on version 3.4

New ships
Drazi Sky Serpent fighter
Centauri Vorchan Heavy Cruiser from The Lost Tales
Narn G'Kar Heavy Cruiser - Amras
First Ones
Triad Triumviron
Kirishiac Lordship
Sigma 957 Walkers Traveller
You can see new ships here and here and here

New model of Whitestar
New effects for some weapons and ships
Most of the weapons have been reworked and some new weapons have been added.
Ships rebalance
All ships were reexported with last dbox to improve collision avoidance

Link to download: https://disk.yandex.ru/d/GdDxxA1iABcSdw

All instruction inside archive

All models made by Amras
except for TLT Vorchan made by IamLoken from Thingiverse with little tweaks by enphily
Ship adaptation for the game - enphily.
Last edited by Terre on Fri, 3. Mar 23, 20:05, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sun, 5. Mar 23, 07:58

I decided to try Babylon 5. The first start of the Earth Alliance. According to the story, you need to deliver 80 goods from the Orion Trade Dock station, but there is no goods at all at the station.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? :gruebel:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”