X-Tended - Terran Conflict (XTC) (Update: - Manual available! - 12/10/10)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Aragon Speed
x4

Post by Aragon Speed » Sun, 11. Oct 09, 13:10

We're working on it. ^^

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Mon, 12. Oct 09, 09:21

Only ever played TC, so never had an experience of what Extended did to change Reunion, but this looks epic, one more thing to look forward to next year, along with GCSEs... :x :lol:
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

BlackCoffee

Post by BlackCoffee » Mon, 12. Oct 09, 13:35

I'm looking forward to exploring again. Flying into sectors that i have no idea whats ahead. yes, and space dragons.

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Mon, 12. Oct 09, 13:48

I think that's the biggy for me aswell - Since x2 (what 7 years?) I've been exploring exactly the same Universe - Yes each evolution of X being an expansion, but essentially all the same...

... The prospect of flying through a gate to some unknown is going to be quite some event for me.

Oh and apparently the release date is the umpteenth of Jolember.
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Mon, 12. Oct 09, 19:02

I enjoyed the mods for X3R,still have them as separate "user accounts".

I also had some scripts in X2.

Looking forward to Mod updates for TC now.This one looks good.

AjRyder
x3ap

Post by AjRyder » Tue, 13. Oct 09, 00:48

Can I ask a serious question now. :lol:

Well it be a new universe or will it be a bolt on!!!! I.E. Can you jump to it from the original universe just through a star gate!!! :lol: done that on purpose or will you have to have a jump drive and jump into a sort of island or the new universe like we had to do with Aldrin, before we had the latest mod from egosoft?

If the latter I think that would be better as its a new frontier to X rather then running into a new gate on the exsisting universe, having said that, if the mod was good enough, and you chaps have written some fantastic ones for X. Will egosoft, like that have other mods in the past, post it on this site and have it as an official download?

OK MY serious question turned into a few thousand I know sorry for that. Im sure more fans out there would like these answered.
Star Trek Phase II watch new episodes now at

http://www.startreknewvoyages.com

My computer is fast very very fast ;)

Follow me on Twitter @Formula1Dragon

shilhi
x3tc

Post by shilhi » Tue, 13. Oct 09, 02:52

AjRyder wrote:
Well it be a new universe or will it be a bolt on!!!! I.E. Can you jump to it from the original universe just through a star gate!!!
It will most likely be mixed in with the current sectors, or an all new universe.
Too many sectors could cause computers to lag and eventually burst into flames.

X2-Eliah
x4

Post by X2-Eliah » Tue, 13. Oct 09, 06:06

The old universe is thrown out the window, trampled, beaten with a stick and tied on the nearest railway.

Since there was no way to keep the old universe without slowing the game down to an average of 5 FPS (estimate) and no way to force the game to use two different maps in a save, it is not in the XTC at all.

So its an entirely new universe (meaning there are no Commonwealth sectors left).

BlackCoffee

Post by BlackCoffee » Tue, 13. Oct 09, 07:21

X2-Eliah wrote:The old universe is thrown out the window, trampled, beaten with a stick and tied on the nearest railway.
I would like to sink one final boot in before the 3:15 comes along.

Aragon Speed
x4

Post by Aragon Speed » Tue, 13. Oct 09, 12:53

BlackCoffee wrote:
X2-Eliah wrote:The old universe is thrown out the window, trampled, beaten with a stick and tied on the nearest railway.
I would like to sink one final boot in before the 3:15 comes along.
Be my guest, I'll even hold it still for you. ^^

AjRyder
x3ap

Post by AjRyder » Tue, 13. Oct 09, 20:10

Since there was no way to keep the old universe without slowing the game down to an average of 5 FPS (estimate) and no way to force the game to use two different maps in a save, it is not in the XTC at all.

So its an entirely new universe (meaning there are no Commonwealth sectors left).
Would be interesting to see this said map!!! :lol:

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Tue, 13. Oct 09, 20:13

yes i wanna see the map!!!
wait wait wait
no i don't want to see the map...^^ i would spoil the 'exploring' fun
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

AjRyder
x3ap

Post by AjRyder » Tue, 13. Oct 09, 22:23

Killjaeden wrote:yes i wanna see the map!!!
wait wait wait
Ok then at least see how big it is how many sectors to go through maybe!!!! Would it be worth playing if the said map was smaller????

costi
x3tc

Post by costi » Tue, 13. Oct 09, 23:29

Wasn't it said here that it's 190 sectors?
Friendly fire is not so friendly.

KRM398
xr

Post by KRM398 » Wed, 14. Oct 09, 01:52

Well of course we're not really allowed to say..BUT..figure that we couldnt do the old and our mod at the same time...in order to do ours, we killed and buried the old universe. I think I can say that without AS shooting me..lol.And for those wondering, there will be more than enough..OMG moments, our guys are working like racehorses getting stuff done, and believe me we have good people doing it..hehe.And yes there will be things,places and ships noone has EVER seen before..wooohaaa..(door flys open and writer gets drug away screaming...)

BlackCoffee

Post by BlackCoffee » Wed, 14. Oct 09, 07:47

and comments like that just makes it hard on us....i may hit myself in the head so i fall into a coma and come out when this mod is released. I mean that in the nicest way, i just can't stand the waiting.

yes, i was the sort of kid would rattled the boxes under the tree.

Aragon Speed
x4

Post by Aragon Speed » Wed, 14. Oct 09, 11:21

There will be no universe map before we release. This is due to some features we do not want to reveal beforehand. ;)

AjRyder
x3ap

Post by AjRyder » Wed, 14. Oct 09, 12:34

Aragon Speed wrote:There will be no universe map before we release. This is due to some features we do not want to reveal beforehand. ;)
Spoil sport :lol:

Aragon Speed
x4

Post by Aragon Speed » Wed, 14. Oct 09, 12:41

AjRyder wrote:
Killjaeden wrote:yes i wanna see the map!!!
wait wait wait
Ok then at least see how big it is how many sectors to go through maybe!!!! Would it be worth playing if the said map was smaller????
The map is 190 sectors in size (Approx. I think it is currently 193, but not sure off the top of my head.).

This does not mean much as a number, so as a comparison it is about the same size as the Vanilla X3R universe. Smaller that the standard TC uni, but by no means small.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 14. Oct 09, 12:47

Smaller map...not so graphic intensive....I think my rig will manage it better than with TC. I'm in tweak-city atm and looking backwards when I try to dock with my megaplexes.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”