[SCR] MEFOS Weapon System [19th April 2010 X³:TC 3.2.03]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sun, 25. Oct 09, 14:57

MEFOS Weapon System
(Medium Extended Fight Orbit System)
(Version 3.1.00 - 25th October 2009)

[ external image ]

[ external image ] [ external image ]

-> MEFOS Weapon System (Version 3.1.00)
-> Befehlsbibliothek "Libraries" (Required, last update: 24th Oct. 2009 !!)

Required: X³ Terran Conflict Version 2.1 or newer (not compatible with X³ Reunion) !!

25th October 2009 (Version 3.1.00)
  • Bug Fix: The military transports haven't been reachable from the beginning of the rank "Fighter Chief". Fixed.
  • Bug Fix: The check routine on ships with active MEFOS turret commands hasn't been shutdown, when the MEFOS turret commands got quit. Fixed.
  • Second and final step in the seperation of MEFOS and the military transports. The extensions will be offered separately in the future.
  • Helmsmen in action get highlighted in color now. This will help to prevent to accidentially transfer an active helmsman to another ship.
  • Beta-Phase finished.
  • Several small improvements.

@fon

Post by @fon » Sun, 25. Oct 09, 15:55

Saetan wrote:
[*]Second and final step in the seperation of MEFOS and the military transports. The extensions will be offered separately in the future.
Can you explain this feature?
Doesn't it mean that we don't need to look for military transports for recruitement?

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sun, 25. Oct 09, 16:01

That means, that the Military Transports get their scripts released as a stand-alone version. So you don't have to install the whole MEFOS script, if you want to use all features of CODEA, but only the AL-plugin for the Military Transports.

On the other hand, I think you will have to install that AL-plugin for the use of MEFOS too, as it won't be contained by the MEFOS release-package anymore.

@fon

Post by @fon » Sun, 25. Oct 09, 16:06

Saetan wrote:That means, that the MEFOS military transports get their scripts released as a stand-alone version. So you don't have to install the whole MEFOS script, if you want to use all features of CODEA, but only the AL-plugin for the Military Transports.

On the other hand, you will have to install that AL-plugin for the use of MEFOS too, as it won't be contained by the MEFOS release-package anymore.
So, if I'm correct:
1)MEFOS from this version onward won't have military transports.
2)Military transports will be a separate script.
3)For MEFOS to fully function you need the Military transports.
Am I correct?

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sun, 25. Oct 09, 16:08

Nearly ... in this version, the military transports are still included. In the next version, they will be a seperate release.

DarthVain
x3tc

Post by DarthVain » Mon, 26. Oct 09, 09:40

I'm a hero of the Argon and I'm a Militant but no show with the transports :?
Another one bites the dust!!

DarthVain

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Tue, 27. Oct 09, 19:55

A translated quote out of the German topic by Lucike:
Lucike wrote:Tomorrow the separation of MEFOS and the military transporter (MTP) will be perfect. Only one thing I want to say before that. How should we update?

All users who wish to continue the use of the MTP and MEFOS, should now switch to version 3.1.00. From there can be separately updated.

All users who have installed the latest MEFOS and wish to only use MEFOS or just the MTP later, MEFOS should be uninstalled and later one of the expansion be reinstalled separately. But be careful: All settings will be lost as well.

No matter what you want to use in the future, the version 3.1.00 is the perfect intersection in all directions. This way there will be no complications.

DarthVain
x3tc

Post by DarthVain » Wed, 28. Oct 09, 00:25

Awesome. I've fixed my own prblem as well. I thought my status was high enough to activate the Transports but all is well now.

DarthVain

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Wed, 28. Oct 09, 01:52

out of interest does this work with MARS installed aswell not that I would run both on same ship. ;), I am already using CODEA.
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

DarthVain
x3tc

Post by DarthVain » Wed, 28. Oct 09, 04:56

TSM wrote:out of interest does this work with MARS installed aswell not that I would run both on same ship. ;), I am already using CODEA.
I have both installed and currently using MARS until I get the required personnel onboard.

DarthVain

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Wed, 28. Oct 09, 21:04

MEFOS Weapon System
(Version 3.1.01 - 28th October 2009)

[ external image ]

-> MEFOS Weapon System (Version 3.1.01)
-> Befehlsbibliothek "Libraries" (Required, last update: 24th Oct. 2009)
-> Military Transport (Optional, for additional functionality)

Required: X³ Terran Conflict Version 2.1 or newer (not compatible with X³ Reunion) !!

28th October 2009 (Version 3.1.01)
  • MEFOS Weapon System is completely independant now.

garchan
x3

Post by garchan » Mon, 9. Nov 09, 00:31

just upgraded to v3.1.00. went to go buy some personel and when the transport docked, i was hailed like always and given a list of personnel to choose from. but instead of names i got a list where everything says "ReadText 8010-3003". i tried reinstalling 3.1.00 and also updating the required library.

what did i do wrong?

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Mon, 9. Nov 09, 00:52

Did you download 3.1.00 just after release and did you wait until now to install it? In the first release of 3.1.00 there was a reported readtext-error which got fixed and re-uploaded by Lucike.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Mon, 9. Nov 09, 02:53

hmmm are there any known compatibility issues with other mods? like I have RRF on my game along with pirate guild and such. I've downloaded nearly all of the files that are similar to this... or made by the same person and I'm just wondering if I'll run into any compatibility issues with them before I actually used them in game

garchan
x3

Post by garchan » Mon, 9. Nov 09, 03:57

Saetan wrote:Did you download 3.1.00 just after release and did you wait until now to install it? In the first release of 3.1.00 there was a reported readtext-error which got fixed and re-uploaded by Lucike.
i just downloaded it today from the link from your post on page 2 of this thread.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Mon, 9. Nov 09, 09:10

Is there a reason why you avoid using 3.1.01 (plus eventually the "Military Transport" script)?

I don't think there is much sense in bug fixing an already outdated version, if that bug doesn't seem to occur in a newer version.

On the other hand, do you may use a other script (or mod) which is using the same "page id" (8010)? That could also be a reason for the problem, I think.

Best regards
Saetan
Last edited by Saetan on Tue, 10. Nov 09, 07:42, edited 3 times in total.

garchan
x3

Post by garchan » Tue, 10. Nov 09, 05:01

Saetan wrote:Is there a reason why you avoid using 3.1.01 (plus eventually the "Military Transport" script)?

I don't think there is much sense in bug fixing an already outdated version, if that bug doesn't seem to occur in a newer version.

On the other hand, do you may use a other script (or mod) which is using the same "page id" (8010)? That could also be a reason for the problem, I think.

Best regards
Saetan
well, maybe i just misunderstood what i was reading, but i was not sure if i wanted to upgrade all the way to 3.1.01 because i was not sure how it would effect my game. but i guess if it does not matter i will give it shot.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sun, 15. Nov 09, 19:04

garchan wrote:just upgraded to v3.1.00. went to go buy some personel and when the transport docked, i was hailed like always and given a list of personnel to choose from. but instead of names i got a list where everything says "ReadText 8010-3003". i tried reinstalling 3.1.00 and also updating the required library.
Hi garchan

Because of your PN, I talked to Lucike.

You just updated to the new MEFOS version, you did? The readtext-error is most likely caused by already active MTP's of the old version of MEFOS, but as the id changed in the new one, they won't find the text anymore.

This error will solve itself as soon as the last MTP, started with the old version, will reach its destination and be restarted with the new scripts.

Just to go for sure, you can reinstall the most recent MEFOS version ... but the problem should dissapear by itself after a while.

garchan
x3

Post by garchan » Mon, 16. Nov 09, 01:47

Saetan wrote:
garchan wrote:just upgraded to v3.1.00. went to go buy some personel and when the transport docked, i was hailed like always and given a list of personnel to choose from. but instead of names i got a list where everything says "ReadText 8010-3003". i tried reinstalling 3.1.00 and also updating the required library.
Hi garchan

Because of your PN, I talked to Lucike.

You just updated to the new MEFOS version, you did? The readtext-error is most likely caused by already active MTP's of the old version of MEFOS, but as the id changed in the new one, they won't find the text anymore.

This error will solve itself as soon as the last MTP, started with the old version, will reach its destination and be restarted with the new scripts.

Just to go for sure, you can reinstall the most recent MEFOS version ... but the problem should dissapear by itself after a while.
thank you for looking in to it Saetan! i had a save game where i was docked at a station right before a transport docked so i could test and see if i fixed the problem. i would have never figured it out that way, lol.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Thu, 18. Mar 10, 22:11

MEFOS Weapon System
(Version 3.2.00 – 18th March 2010)

[ external image ]

-> MEFOS Weapon System (Version 3.2.00)
-> Befehlsbibliothek "Libraries" (Required, last update: 15th Dec. 2009 !!)

Required: X³ Terran Conflict Version 2.5 or newer (not compatible with X³ Reunion) !!

18th March 2010 (Version 3.2.00)
  • New turret command: "Special Command", which allows a selective target search. Also missile frigates will be enhanced with that command.
  • The standard turret commands "Attack Fighters" and "Attack Capital Ships" get saved too.
  • Information and flight plan of military transports got completly removed.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”