[SCR] MEFOS Weapon System [19th April 2010 X³:TC 3.2.03]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Mon, 9. Nov 09, 09:10

Is there a reason why you avoid using 3.1.01 (plus eventually the "Military Transport" script)?

I don't think there is much sense in bug fixing an already outdated version, if that bug doesn't seem to occur in a newer version.

On the other hand, do you may use a other script (or mod) which is using the same "page id" (8010)? That could also be a reason for the problem, I think.

Best regards
Saetan
Last edited by Saetan on Tue, 10. Nov 09, 07:42, edited 3 times in total.

garchan
x3

Post by garchan » Tue, 10. Nov 09, 05:01

Saetan wrote:Is there a reason why you avoid using 3.1.01 (plus eventually the "Military Transport" script)?

I don't think there is much sense in bug fixing an already outdated version, if that bug doesn't seem to occur in a newer version.

On the other hand, do you may use a other script (or mod) which is using the same "page id" (8010)? That could also be a reason for the problem, I think.

Best regards
Saetan
well, maybe i just misunderstood what i was reading, but i was not sure if i wanted to upgrade all the way to 3.1.01 because i was not sure how it would effect my game. but i guess if it does not matter i will give it shot.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sun, 15. Nov 09, 19:04

garchan wrote:just upgraded to v3.1.00. went to go buy some personel and when the transport docked, i was hailed like always and given a list of personnel to choose from. but instead of names i got a list where everything says "ReadText 8010-3003". i tried reinstalling 3.1.00 and also updating the required library.
Hi garchan

Because of your PN, I talked to Lucike.

You just updated to the new MEFOS version, you did? The readtext-error is most likely caused by already active MTP's of the old version of MEFOS, but as the id changed in the new one, they won't find the text anymore.

This error will solve itself as soon as the last MTP, started with the old version, will reach its destination and be restarted with the new scripts.

Just to go for sure, you can reinstall the most recent MEFOS version ... but the problem should dissapear by itself after a while.

garchan
x3

Post by garchan » Mon, 16. Nov 09, 01:47

Saetan wrote:
garchan wrote:just upgraded to v3.1.00. went to go buy some personel and when the transport docked, i was hailed like always and given a list of personnel to choose from. but instead of names i got a list where everything says "ReadText 8010-3003". i tried reinstalling 3.1.00 and also updating the required library.
Hi garchan

Because of your PN, I talked to Lucike.

You just updated to the new MEFOS version, you did? The readtext-error is most likely caused by already active MTP's of the old version of MEFOS, but as the id changed in the new one, they won't find the text anymore.

This error will solve itself as soon as the last MTP, started with the old version, will reach its destination and be restarted with the new scripts.

Just to go for sure, you can reinstall the most recent MEFOS version ... but the problem should dissapear by itself after a while.
thank you for looking in to it Saetan! i had a save game where i was docked at a station right before a transport docked so i could test and see if i fixed the problem. i would have never figured it out that way, lol.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Thu, 18. Mar 10, 22:11

MEFOS Weapon System
(Medium Extended Fight Orbit System)
(Version 3.2.00 – 18th March 2010)

[ external image ]

[ external image ] [ external image ]

-> MEFOS Weapon System (Version 3.2.00)
-> Befehlsbibliothek "Libraries" (Required, last update: 15th Dec. 2009 !!)

Required: X³ Terran Conflict Version 2.5 or newer (not compatible with X³ Reunion) !!

18th March 2010 (Version 3.2.00)
  • New turret command: "Special Command", which allows a selective target search. Also missile frigates will be enhanced with that command.
  • The standard turret commands "Attack Fighters" and "Attack Capital Ships" get saved too.
  • Information and flight plan of military transports got completly removed.
  • Several small improvements.

babooaako

Post by babooaako » Sun, 28. Mar 10, 19:06

Dricks2222 wrote:
Saetan wrote:This will already be done. If you use the MEFOS turret commands, MEFOS will install the strongest lasers available while OOS. If IS it will use the available lasers which should best fit the target.

If you have enough MEFOS personnel to have the commands activated of course.
Ok, you mean laser switching just like MARS?

Seems that i missed the point, i thought that the player was defining up to 8 weapons setup, and could change which setup to use "on the fly" with hotkeys.
how to change the setup of the weapon? I really want to know on how to setup our weapon.

medieval midget

Post by medieval midget » Wed, 31. Mar 10, 17:28

So, I'm only posting here because I have to check before I go to the tech forum. Is there a problem, possibly resulting from this or another of Lucike's scripts where turrets on the vidar only allow one laser to be installed in a two slot turret? I try to reinstall the laser and 5 seconds later the system uninstalls them. When trying one at a time it appears that the laser in in slot one of both turrets is moved to slot two, which removes the laser that was originally in slot two.

I don't think it is any Lucike's scripts but they are the only difference between me and my buddy. Also, I only have Lucike scripts running on my system.

I'm seriously just checking to see if this could be the problem. Please don't think I'm insulting these awesome scripts in any way.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Tue, 20. Apr 10, 09:34

MEFOS Weapon System
(Medium Extended Fight Orbit System)
(Version 3.2.03 – 19th April 2010)

[ external image ]

[ external image ] [ external image ]

-> MEFOS Weapon System (Version 3.2.03)
-> Befehlsbibliothek "Libraries" (Required, latest version during revision of the manual: 3.4.09, 19th April 2010)

Required: X³: Terran Conflict Version 2.5 or newer (not compatible with X³: Reunion) !!

8th April 2010 (Version 3.2.01)
  • The turrets will hold fire respectively don't search for a new target if a friendly station is in the line of fire.
  • Polish language file added.
11th April 2010 (Version 3.2.02)
  • Special command for missile frigates optimized.
19th April 2010 (Version 3.2.03)
  • The hold of fire near friendly stations optimized.

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Mon, 17. May 10, 16:12

hey saetan,

I was thinking of using this mod while I do have MARS installed, I wanted to use MEFOS with M7Ms only. Could I be asking for trouble ?

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Mon, 17. May 10, 17:02

There shouldn't be any troubles with MARS because of MEFOS or any other Scripts by Lucike. Simple use MARS turret commands where you want to use MARS, and use MEFOS turret commands where you want to use MEFOS.

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Mon, 17. May 10, 17:47

indeed thats ok no problems, except 1,

I gave the Marlin M8 the guys it needs + tech/mech , 1 LT and set to follow 1 m7 carrier I set the fire rang to 35000 = 35km? right? big ships (means m7 and above?) yet its not shooting and I set his turrets to attack enemy read to defense

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Mon, 17. May 10, 18:12

What want you to do with your M8 bomber? I'm sorry, but I don't get it anymore. Do you want to use it with CODEA or do you want to use it standalone with MEFOS commands?

I guess you want to use it standalone now to support your M7M? You set its commands to attack enemies within a range of 35km?

Firstly, if you use your M8 standalone, you dont need a pilot, nor technicians or mechanics. Big ships should mean anything above M6. M7 should be huge ships ... not sure about that atm, I just recall it from my own modding/scripting experience.

I don't have any M8 yet to test by myself atm. But you could send me your savegame, like already mentioned in the CODEA topic. Please add then a detailed description what you want to do. If it wouldn't be supported yet, Lucike could be asked to add that feature.

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Tue, 18. May 10, 14:39

k ill try explain,
I downloaded MEFOS,CODEA and the transporter and military transporter(+ latest lib) on the M8's M7Ms I wish to use Codea + MEFOS (other AI fighters M6's / M7s to use MARS) for : the AI to automatically fire and judge what type and how many missiles to use as there are the settings for this, I also wanted pilots in these ships to grow in EXP to fly bigger ships and also to be able to use any tweaked AI or settings given by these addons. I thought that having 1 M8 (as I do not have anything higher than LT's) to follow/part of battle fleet of a carrier or M7 carrier to take out M7s and above (or even station but that option is not there) I would but I dont know how or if it is possible to have m3's to be as Wman to M6's or M6s to be Wman to the M7s or M7s to be Wman to destroyers. As like the M3s are to each other once automatically deployed by the carrier
M3(name) 60
M3 (name) W60
M3 (name) W60

so it would be something like the above 3 M3s to attack target of M6 but not to rush ahead of the M6 and get ripped up, it would be like the M6 is tanking.

Now after setting the M8s for turret range = 35km, big ships etc . The M8 does not fire, he has all the needed components + LT for use with CODEA the Gunners for MEFOS 1 tech and mech for CODEA docking (which he will not dock with).

So far only the fighters are working within CODEA all ranked LT's from a carrier.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Tue, 18. May 10, 15:52

Do you have a CODEA carrier, where this M8 got assigned to? It's still not clear for me, and in the CODEA topic you didn't post a log yet as requested by me. I know of no M7M which is capable to dock fighters and therefore act as a carrier.

CODEA itself won't mix a wing of M6 and M3 ... these classes act for themselves. If you want to set up a group of M6 and M3 you can use the Security and Rescue Service .... of 'course, the fighters won't dock at a carrier then and its supposed for defense patrols and not for attack groups.

Also, with the SRD you can train your M8 pilot if it won't work with CODEA. But training is also possible with M6, in a M6 they will also gain higher ranks than only LT.

For M8 and MEFOS, I'm not sure if these missile commands are for M8 too or only for M7M and can't test it yet, I'm sry.

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Tue, 18. May 10, 16:20

I know of no M7M which is capable to dock fighters and therefore act as a carrier.
I ment Panther M7 or Griffin.

I loaded up and old save today, just after ANH (no PHQ/HUB), as withing my other game I have no M6s ( Sold as they are hardly effective), in my old save I can use M6s due to the level of enemy's so I can train them proper, and rework my way up and try again with a more slower pace now.

If I do run into problems I shall send you the requested files/info.

taukarrie
x3tc

Post by taukarrie » Sat, 17. Jul 10, 02:41

on M6 and smaller ships will this script pull weapons from the main laser bays for use in turrets during auto switching?

lets say i have a blastclaw with 4 PACs loaded in the 4 main weapon slots and no extra PACs in the cargo hold. if one of my turrets is set to pull 2 PACs but the only ones available are loaded in the main laser bays will it pull two from there leaving the main laser bay with only 2 PACs instead of four?

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sat, 17. Jul 10, 06:29

MEFOS should only use unused weapons which are in the cargo bay. No installed lasers should get "robbed" from other turrets or laser bays. Of course, if you (or MEFOS for the turrets, not for the main lasers) uninstall lasers from their bays, they get available for MEFOS to be used in the turrets.

taukarrie
x3tc

Post by taukarrie » Sat, 17. Jul 10, 11:48

Saetan wrote:MEFOS should only use unused weapons which are in the cargo bay. No installed lasers should get "robbed" from other turrets or laser bays. Of course, if you (or MEFOS for the turrets, not for the main lasers) uninstall lasers from their bays, they get available for MEFOS to be used in the turrets.
awesome thanks.. im still not clear on how/when the auto switching occurs and how much control i have over it. (havent played with it yet) but im hoping i can do things like set a bomber turret to arm a HEPT when it engages M6's and a PBE when engaging fighters without the worry of hitting keys myself.

btw, this whole script collection is truely remarkable. i didnt even think half of these things were even possible in this game.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sat, 17. Jul 10, 11:58

MEFOS has different turret commands for automatic turret control. You can also set hotkeys for manual changes of the main lasers.

For automatic turret controls, MEFOS decides on the target which available lasertype should be used and therefore will change to them.

There is also a MEFOS turret command which allows more control over the command itself. It should let you control over preffered targets, for example. But as it got introduced after I took a X³-playing-break I can't tell you details about it.

taukarrie
x3tc

Post by taukarrie » Sat, 17. Jul 10, 12:29

sounds good. ill have to do some testing to find out whats possible. one more question, if you please..

i know i saw somewhere in this thread that auto switching chooses the best weapons to use when the ship is engaging in OOS combat. I am about to start using Gazz's OOS Combat Rebalance.

in this script he has specifically made it so that pilot experience from CODEA pilots affect the outcome of OOS battles. My question is does the MEFOS turret autoswitching OOS consider the vanilla OOS values when deciding on the best weapon selection or should the values used by OOS rebalance script take precedence?

Or it may not even make a difference depending on how the scripts work. I realize you may not be familiar with the Rebalance script but a wild quess would be comforting enough :)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”