[SCR] CODEA Weapon System [13th May 2010 X³:TC 3.1.14]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 21. Sep 09, 10:26

er....for testing, just script it all in :D

KaZTek
x3tc

Post by KaZTek » Mon, 21. Sep 09, 10:33

apricotslice wrote:er....for testing, just script it all in :D
I've had funky behavior with scripted ships. Some of them are being possessed over by the GOD engine. Its happened so much even in a vanilla game (with Cycrow's cheat pack) that I've resorted to honest play for testing purposes.

Yes, I'm crazy. I play to test my game.

Other than the tfile command slot change, I dont know what else could be conflicting. As I've said, havent had time to properly test them.

dont you just hate RL 1.0b getting in the way? >_<
--

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Mon, 21. Sep 09, 11:01

I did now the translation of the manual for command slot changing. I added it to "Part 3" of this manual, see the first page.

If the description is not clear enough, tell me. The handling of the change itself should also be possible for a beginner.

Because of the encountered problems (by Hangman111) I already sent Lucike a message. If anyone else has problems with the change of command slots, tell me.

@appricotslice
I won't change the command slots for alternate download. I'm doing the translation, while command slots are base functionallity. Don't know if this is a good solution, if there are multiple versions ... bug-hunting and so on.

If you like to do that, as you wrote in a personal message, please talk about it with Lucike himself. It's his script, not mine.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 21. Sep 09, 11:03

I've tried once to contact Lucike and never got a response.

KaZTek
x3tc

Post by KaZTek » Mon, 21. Sep 09, 12:16

EDIT:
Lucike's replied to my message. According to him, Saetan is supposedly to post on a solution.
--

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Mon, 21. Sep 09, 19:33

Lucike and I are talking about a possible solution.

For my point, I see the problem in the "location based" reservations of slots. Next there will be french, russian or italian users which have conflicts with even new slots maybe. A international based list would be better but then again, slots are limited ...

Maybe we change the slots overall, maybe we change them for the english localization only, maybe we let do that by yourself like in the manual I translated today. We will see.

--- edit ---

Lucike changed the costum command slots. They will be updated in the next version of CODEA. For you which want/need to use them already, you can download them: 8014.zip ... just unpack the files inside the archive into your language directory ( ../t/.. ) of your X³:TC installation.

--- /edit ---

Hangman111:
Hangman111 wrote:I changed a couple of them by editing the 8014-L044 file as suggested and using the 729 and 730 slots, and that solved the problem of strange missions appearing in the R-display (list of ships and commands). However, I now get messages from unknown that are blank when I ask to see the cute overviews of personnel costs. Neither do I get messages when ships are lost.
Do you use any mod/script which colors shipnames or something similar? Like that one from UniTrader?
Lucike think such a mod/script could cause your problem.

The problem would be caused by wrong color-/format-strings (X³:TC has two differend kinds of) in the messages.

Hangman111
x3fl

Post by Hangman111 » Mon, 21. Sep 09, 21:41

Hi!

Thanks for looking into the problems I reported. I only use the following scripts/mods: Gazz compact cleaner, Apricotslice claim ship, Cycrow's plugin installer, Cycrow's improved boarding, Gazz' MARS, and Lucike's excellent CODEA, MODEA and Prospektor scripts, and I also have used Apricotslice's Easy Hub director script.

I still get strange ship commands in the R-list of ship commands (for the moment my two M6's say their command is "Beam up astronaut"), and just a blank message from "Unknown" when I try to see the "personnel costs" in the CODEA menu.

Hangman :)

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Mon, 21. Sep 09, 21:47

Mhmm ... I don't know, but maybe it is because of a wrong edited, and so still conflicting language file? Try again with the new downloadable language file by Lucike himself. See the posting above.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 21. Sep 09, 22:02

@Saetan: Nice to see updates translated. :D But how about adding a link to the "CODEA Entwicklungsthema (de)"?

Hangman111
x3fl

Post by Hangman111 » Mon, 21. Sep 09, 22:08

I had already overwritten my edited L044 (it didn't solve the problem) with the beta ..25 files: Using the new files in your link above did not change anything. :(

(I use Steam - and Steam seems to say that the version is 2.0, not 2.1 as the present version of CODEA seems to require. I don't know if this is just Steam's odd naming convension or a real problem, and whether it affects the problems I have described)
Last edited by Hangman111 on Mon, 21. Sep 09, 22:13, edited 1 time in total.

Lucike
x4

Post by Lucike » Mon, 21. Sep 09, 22:11

@Hangman111

Do you use MARS drones on the CODEA carrier? For a test you can disable the drones. I know MARS change the name of the carrier.

Regards
Lucike

Saetan
x4

Re: [SCR] CODEA Weapon System [09-09-20 X3TC 3.beta.25]

Post by Saetan » Mon, 21. Sep 09, 22:13

jlehtone wrote:But how about adding a link to the "CODEA Entwicklungsthema (de)"?
... hit the flag ;-)
Saetan wrote:
CODEA Weapon System
(Carrier Orbit Defense of Enemy Attack)
(Version 3.beta.25 - September 20th 2009)

[ external image ]

[ external image ] [ external image ]

Hangman111
x3fl

Post by Hangman111 » Mon, 21. Sep 09, 22:19

Turning the drones off in MARS did it - corvettes are now "Convoyed" and I am able to see the personell costs! (I actually turned them off in the ship I am flying - a Springblossom - rather than the carrier - which is OOS.)

Thanks! :) So I guess this is a MARS/CODEA interaction problem?

jlehtone
x4

Re: [SCR] CODEA Weapon System [09-09-20 X3TC 3.beta.25]

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 21. Sep 09, 22:23

Saetan wrote:... hit the flag ;-)
:oops: Silly for me not to notice those. Am I "average Joe User" now?

Lucike
x4

Post by Lucike » Mon, 21. Sep 09, 22:35

Hangman111 wrote:Thanks! :) So I guess this is a MARS/CODEA interaction problem?
I think so. We will see. I want to talk to Gazz.

Regards
Lucike

mpcribeiro
x3tc

Post by mpcribeiro » Tue, 22. Sep 09, 01:10

CODEA Replenishment Tender

This is what happened

- On Omi* sector I've bought 3 ATK new ships (nova raiders) with necessary equipment, set my carrier as their home ... then issue them to go from Argon ShipY to my EquipDock on same system and wait there for pickup.

- My carrier and RepTender were in Ore* sector when I bought those ships

- RepT my carrier is listed; no orders visible

- My RepTender start flying through sectors instead of jumping; it didn't stop at Power station that was in the same sector to get (energy for jumps). Its home was my EQ in Omi* sector

Q1: Please could you add 1 or 2 extra lines on the "manual" explaining a bit more the "order" and how to create it?

Q2: RepT ignoring the jump.... bug? The twp power stations on Ore* sector were full with energy cells. The RepT were set to make use of jumpdrive and jump drive were installed.

ah the RepT is Yaki TM
Thanks

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Tue, 22. Sep 09, 01:33

mpcribeiro wrote:Q1: Please could you add 1 or 2 extra lines on the "manual" explaining a bit more the "order" and how to create it?
Replenisment tenders replace pre-owned killed fighters of a CODEA carrier only. The don't deliver "new" ones. Also, they only deliver fighters of exact the same type as the lost ones.

Replenishment tenders cannot be used to stock a carrier with new fighters. This has to be done by hand.

mpcribeiro wrote:Q2: RepT ignoring the jump.... bug? The twp power stations on Ore* sector were full with energy cells. The RepT were set to make use of jumpdrive and jump drive were installed.
Do you have ecells stored in your EQ? They may refuel only on their homebase but maybe this is only because of the missing correct order (see Q1) ... I'll check that.

Inverness
x4

Post by Inverness » Tue, 22. Sep 09, 05:47

I have a small request to make, could an option be added to the carrier console for ignoring the current target? I'm a bit conservative with hotkeys and don't assign them until I find I really need them, so I'd like to be able to ignore my target from the console. It should also indicate if that target is currently ignored.

Though perhaps I should learn how to edit scripts in this game so I'd be able to do it myself, though I wouldn't fancy doing it every time there is an update.

mpcribeiro
x3tc

Post by mpcribeiro » Tue, 22. Sep 09, 09:29

Saetan wrote:
mpcribeiro wrote:Q1: Please could you add 1 or 2 extra lines on the "manual" explaining a bit more the "order" and how to create it?
Replenisment tenders replace pre-owned killed fighters of a CODEA carrier only. The don't deliver "new" ones. Also, they only deliver fighters of exact the same type as the lost ones.

Replenishment tenders cannot be used to stock a carrier with new fighters. This has to be done by hand.
Thanks Saetan for the clarification it helps indeed to understand the RepT role

Saetan wrote:
mpcribeiro wrote:Q2: RepT ignoring the jump.... bug? The twp power stations on Ore* sector were full with energy cells. The RepT were set to make use of jumpdrive and jump drive were installed.
Do you have ecells stored in your EQ? They may refuel only on their homebase but maybe this is only because of the missing correct order (see Q1) ... I'll check that.
Again thanks, I had the impression that RepT would work like the Tenders; since the Tenders fetch ecells from the closest power station then they jump to the EQ that is set on their config. Ok RepT work differently, so would be matter of fetching ecells manually for it to make use of the jumpdrive. Cheers

Lucike
x4

Post by Lucike » Wed, 23. Sep 09, 18:40

Inverness wrote:I have a small request to make, could an option be added to the carrier console for ignoring the current target? I'm a bit conservative with hotkeys and don't assign them until I find I really need them, so I'd like to be able to ignore my target from the console. It should also indicate if that target is currently ignored.
Next version.

Regards
Lucike

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”