[SCRIPT] Shiploot v1.04 (03. Dec. 2009)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Lifeforce87
x4

Post by Lifeforce87 » Fri, 20. Nov 09, 16:30

I just found some debris today.. wouldnt it be nice if you use some like this instead of an navbeacon?

[ external image ]

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Fri, 20. Nov 09, 22:55

Hmmm... if that was done... wouldn't it take up more FPS? the more complex and larger things there are on screen... the slower your frame rate goes... means if you have huge hulking shipwrecks all over the place your game should basically slow to a crawl with uber lag... I had it happen once when I went into a Xenon sector that got dominated by Terrans... omg... why the hell are Terran structures so freaking large... makes the frame rates per second basically die... SUPER SLOW when you have about 15 to 20 ships fighting each other

Mailo
x3

Post by Mailo » Fri, 20. Nov 09, 23:15

Considering not every ship that is destroyed leaves a wreck, and they despawn after a few minutes, I don't worry about a framerate impact too much.

I'll take a look at the available wreckage models again, the ones I know so far look too much like the original ship to be of use (would look weird to have the wreckage of an X2 titan appear when you destroy a xenon M.
The one in the picture linked my Lifeforce87 might actually work though.
As a personal service to all who try to keep up with my professional work:
[ external image ]

My script: Shiploot v1.04 ... loot shipwrecks, collect different loot parts and upgrade your ships!
Mein Skript: Schiffswracks looten v1.04 ... Durchsuche Schiffswracks, sammle Lootteile und verbessere Deine Schiffe!

Mailo
x3

Post by Mailo » Sun, 22. Nov 09, 23:05

v1.03 is up.

Changes are:

- When recalling a mechanic from a station, the sector and name of the station are now shown, instead of "null, null"
- Producing consumables use the correct loot parts now, instead of only the first
- The experience of a mechanic was only shown correctly when first entering the station menu. It now updates correctly (was a display bug only, the value was calculated and saved correctly)

I also tried to replace the nav buoys by an Egosoft wreckage model. Unfortunately they all belong to the object category which does not show up in the sector view (like the existing station wrecks). This makes collecting them basically impossible, not to mention that my game crashed during the attempt ;)
For now I've given up on that.
[ external image ]

My script: Shiploot v1.04 ... loot shipwrecks, collect different loot parts and upgrade your ships!
Mein Skript: Schiffswracks looten v1.04 ... Durchsuche Schiffswracks, sammle Lootteile und verbessere Deine Schiffe!

Mailo
x3

Post by Mailo » Thu, 3. Dec 09, 21:53

v1.04 is up.

Changes are:

- After a ship upgrade, the wrong shipname was given in the message if more than one ship was docked. This was a display issue only, the correct ship was upgraded.
- Bug in transfer all consumables to ship command
- "show collected loot" hotkey now also shows consumables onboard
- polish translation included (thanks Yacek!)
[ external image ]

Azalyn
x3tc

Post by Azalyn » Mon, 7. Dec 09, 06:11

This is a really fun script and a very nice enhancement, thanks for all the hard work!

I do have one request for future releases, can you change the wrecks so that once they spawn or are created to be non-hostile? Getting wreckage can be frustrating at times if I forget to turn my turrets off otherwise once I get near enough to capture the loot one of my lasers targets and destroys it before I have the chance to collec it, or other race's police forces will attack them.
The surest way to make something easy to use, with few errors, is to make it impossible to do otherwise
- Donald Norman

Mailo
x3

Post by Mailo » Mon, 7. Dec 09, 07:22

Glad you like it :)

Er ... the wreckage nav buoys are created hostile? Something's definitely going wrong then, they shouldn't be ... and never were in my tests. I'll look into it. Do you have other scripts installed?
[ external image ]

Azalyn
x3tc

Post by Azalyn » Mon, 7. Dec 09, 09:49

I've got a lot of scripts installed, currently am using a custom mod (as the only 'mod' in the game. It's one I made to change some of the parameters on the PHQ that changes the storage space and reduce the build times).

The scipts/fake patches I've got in use are: Factory Complex Constructor, Cargo Delivery Service, X Plugin Manager, CheatCollectionPackage, Improved Boarding, cheat.reset.hull.shields, lazcorp crystal free spp, rff selective, complex cleaner, erweiters komplexzentrum, engine trails, gate no rep loss, advanced jumpdrive, community plugin configuration, the traveling mechanic, MARS, equipment research and development, nvidium processing plant, tc bounty boost, bulk beam upgrade, marine repairs, EMP, super tractor beam, ware manager, hotkey manager, tc medusa lv.lib 1.9, dma 1.3, shipexpansion 1.7b, player workshops, marine training manager, hangar manager, add orbital weapons platform to equipment docks, dock lockup fix, claim unknown sector, create jumpgates, property baron, add DECA to shipyard, beamdock, cbeam transporter, startion repacker, ship hijacker, shiploot, assets summary, dock ts to M1/TL, ship testdrive.

Most of the scripts are writen by Cycgrow or Gazz, anyone that could be installed via the XPlugin Manager have be done so through those means. Any kind of QA tests or scripts that you might want me to run to try and figure out the source I'll do anything necessary.

Not sure if its by design (from reading over the description don't think its supposed to) but when traveling in a M2 I have to be less than 2 km away before I can beam the scrap aboard, than if I'm in a basic TS like a Demeter Super Freighter I've been able to beam objects in as far away as 30 km. Not sure if that helps any, but seemed contradictory to what you'd originally intended.
The surest way to make something easy to use, with few errors, is to make it impossible to do otherwise
- Donald Norman

Mailo
x3

Post by Mailo » Tue, 8. Dec 09, 07:08

Thanks for the info about the looting distance in a TS, no, that's not intended.
I don't know what is going wrong that you get hostile wrecks though. I asked in the german thread, no other player seems to have that issue.
The wrecks are created as belonging to the "Unknown" race, with race logic disabled. I didn't recognize any in your list of scripts, do you maybe use anything that adds a race?
[ external image ]

Azalyn
x3tc

Post by Azalyn » Fri, 11. Dec 09, 07:34

Mailo wrote:Thanks for the info about the looting distance in a TS, no, that's not intended.
I don't know what is going wrong that you get hostile wrecks though. I asked in the german thread, no other player seems to have that issue.
The wrecks are created as belonging to the "Unknown" race, with race logic disabled. I didn't recognize any in your list of scripts, do you maybe use anything that adds a race?
When I open up the cheat menu and do something like create a ship (used to be my way of test driving a ship before LV's testdrive script) and noticed that my character's name is listed as a race. This could be as a result from DMA in that I've purchased a couple of sectors, where it puts my character's name as the race. I'll look through your script to see if somehow it got changed, otherwise will see if I can change the race ownership to fix the problem that seems unique to my case.

The transport range of various ships seems to be inverted from what (I think) you intended. M1's need to be < 1.9 km to beem something aboard (if they don't get destroyed) and any TS class ship (TS/TM/TL) has vritually unlimited range. I'll lyk if I can get the loot hostilities fixed first, since I end up destroying probably 2/3 of the loot created getting enough to make even one consumable takes an enormous amount of time and luck.
- Donald Norman

Mailo
x3

Post by Mailo » Fri, 11. Dec 09, 08:16

No, your name is always shown as the player race, that's not a problem. Could you please use the cheat script to create a ship belonging to the "Unknown" race and see if that one turns up hostile as well?

If all else fails, could you zip your mod, script and t folders, include a savegame and upload that file somewhere? Otherwise I'm pretty much out of luck, since I cannot reproduce the error.
To help you over the problem, you can change the race used to Argon, or the player race, that should stop the buoys from being attacked in race sectors at least.
The relevant part is line 30 in the script "plugin.mailo.shiploot.destroy":

Code: Select all

030   $buoy = = create ship: type=Argon Navigational Beacon 5051 owner=Unknown addto=$deathsec x=$deathpos.x y=$deathpos.y z=$deathpos.z
[ external image ]

Azalyn
x3tc

Post by Azalyn » Fri, 11. Dec 09, 20:38

I ended up changing the create wreckage script (believe that was the one) ingame; changing the wreckage from unknown race to friendly race. The loot now turns blue so at least my own turrets down blow it away or any friendly fighters nearby.

As to the distance looting, is what I'm experiencing 180 as to what was inteneded? Is a M1/TL supposed to be able to pick up the loot from a further distance than a M5 or regular TS? I believe I know where those errors may be stemming from; if my hunch is correct chaning the script that is causing your's to malufunction will definitely crash the game. Though not the ideal solution, I could go in and swap 180 what the stats should be for looting distancing which should set them to their intended behaviour.

Believe that the looting distance anomolies are coming from some modifications I made to the PHQ file in the 03.dat file to reduce production times while still keeping the prices and resources the same (the phq hack mod felt too much like cheating since it didn't require any resources or money so made my own to customize it to something more realistic), and also in doing so changing the auto-dock distances to fix some problems I was having with Atmospheric lifters destroying themselves and the dock upon docking; whereby I changed the docking distances to 2x of what they were originally.
- Donald Norman

Mailo
x3

Post by Mailo » Fri, 11. Dec 09, 22:15

No, not 180 degrees turned around. In the first version, on had to fly up to 50m to a wreckage. Since this was pretty stupid, I increased it to 200m. Then I noticed that the distance the script sees is not the one the player sees. The script editor counts the distance between the centers of objects, which means a capital class ship really cannot get close enough.

So I set the distance requirement depending on the class of the player ship ... and there I simply forgot the classes TS, TP and TM ;) Looking at the code, there is simply no distance limit whatsoever for those three classes. I'll fix it in the next version, but don't worry about it, it has absolutely no negative sideeffects.
[ external image ]

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Sat, 12. Dec 09, 02:11

Mailo,
did you tweak pilot bail % or eligible shipclasses for this script?
..just curious. Great work, btw.

Mailo
x3

Post by Mailo » Sat, 12. Dec 09, 08:53

No, I left bail % alone, the wreckage is spawned by a secondary signal linked to "SIGNAL_KILLED". The signal doesn't fire on ships that bailed (but fires TWICE on any ship that is destroyed since X3TC 2.5 :roll: ).
By the way, imagine my surprise when I found that some other scripts regularly create and immediately destroy one instance of every ship in the game from time to time ... by stumbling on huge clouds of wrecks. Took me a while to figure out where they came from.

All shipclasses except M5 are eligible for the creation of wrecks (the chance for one to be created upon destruction is 25% ... didn't want too much litter).

And thanks :)
[ external image ]

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Tue, 5. Jan 10, 00:21

Hmmm... found this odd seeing how I have an M1 I'm using currently. Says you can use 3 ships M1 being one of them... now... try to salvage the wreaks using an M1 and... NOTHING happens... apparently M1's can't salvage wreaks even though supposedly they are suppose to with this... also the wreaks are turning up red to me after ships are killed... even if my own ships are killed the wreaks are red to me so it's kinda hard to collect when my ship's turrets are blasting away at the stuff I want to salvage

tidurlagi
x4

Post by tidurlagi » Tue, 5. Jan 10, 02:29

When i use M3, i need to about 150m from wreckage to collect it. But in a TM with mechanic shop onboard, it seem i can collect wreck from 30km.
Then i try to collect wreckage with M1, also with mechanic shop but i only can collect it below 500m.
Actually how far the maximum collecting radius?

Armegeddon
x4

Post by Armegeddon » Sun, 24. Jan 10, 05:19

If you disable this script though the AL menu, it will still keep spawning the Wreckage beacons afterwards, even if you delete all the scripts (In which case they become ReadText7401-4).
Was able to fix this by modifing the plugin.mailo.shutdown by adding the following lines to it

Code: Select all

global secondary signal map: remove signal=SIGNAL_KILLED race=null class=M4 name='mailo.loot.killsig'
global secondary signal map: remove signal=SIGNAL_KILLED race=null class=M3 name='mailo.loot.killsig'
global secondary signal map: remove signal=SIGNAL_KILLED race=null class=M2 name='mailo.loot.killsig'
global secondary signal map: remove signal=SIGNAL_KILLED race=null class=M1 name='mailo.loot.killsig'
global secondary signal map: remove signal=SIGNAL_KILLED race=null class=M6 name='mailo.loot.killsig'
global secondary signal map: remove signal=SIGNAL_KILLED race=null class=M7 name='mailo.loot.killsig'
global secondary signal map: remove signal=SIGNAL_KILLED race=null class=M8 name='mailo.loot.killsig'
global secondary signal map: remove signal=SIGNAL_KILLED race=null class=TS name='mailo.loot.killsig'
global secondary signal map: remove signal=SIGNAL_KILLED race=null class=TM name='mailo.loot.killsig'
global secondary signal map: remove signal=SIGNAL_KILLED race=null class=TP name='mailo.loot.killsig'
global secondary signal map: remove signal=SIGNAL_KILLED race=null class=TL name='mailo.loot.killsig'
It looks like just having the one for SHIPS doesn't remove all the others that were linked in the startup script.
There is a thin line between genius & insanity i have erased this line

Armegeddon's X3 scripts and mods

Mailo
x3

Post by Mailo » Thu, 28. Jan 10, 09:22

Ouch, thanks, I'll take a look at it ... hopefully I'll get a chance this weekend.
These ship classifications in the script editor are the stuff nightmares are made of ... every time you think you have it finally figured out, something like this happens.

Sorry for being out of touch, had a really tough month at work and a death in the family.
[ external image ]

n0Life
x3tc

Post by n0Life » Thu, 18. Feb 10, 00:27

Possible to set a command to automate the wreck looting?

Kinda annoying to go under 1km range just to loot it in the middle of the battle and watching over 30 wrecks there in a 15km radius.

Whilst I could command another ship to loot spefically those wrecks.

Oh and I love this MOD you've created, brings more interrest into the game ;)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”