X-UNIVERSE3 - Modular Mod Now With 15 Addons (Latest: XU3 Update)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

SS_T
x3ap

Post by SS_T » Thu, 29. Oct 09, 12:32

The backups will be here, currently uploading them:
http://[blocked due to google malware warning]/backups
New XDownloads: http://xdownloads.co.uk

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sun, 22. Nov 09, 15:28

I'm interested into the effects you're working on, possible feedbacks here since as you probably know I've been modding planets and backgrounds for long.

I just look at the screenshots, so I see a nice glow on cloud layer, how did you implemented that, through SHADERS?
A side note, the planet seems to be missing the HAZE...

SS_T
x3ap

Post by SS_T » Mon, 23. Nov 09, 13:13

Realspace wrote:I just look at the screenshots, so I see a nice glow on cloud layer, how did you implemented that, through SHADERS?
A side note, the planet seems to be missing the HAZE...
I'm not clever enough to edit or create new shaders :P although I did have a look if I could a while ago. All I edited was the planets textures. See here to see the files I edited. The clouds iirc I basically tweaked the contrast, and some other stuff to make the clouds appear deeper.

Also your other point, yeah I removed the haze, because when I look at real pictures of planets there is not any so I edited the 'planets_haze_?????' files which took more than just changing the contrast. These files along with the planets_clouds_2ndedition_blue_diff.dds causes the glow.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Tue, 24. Nov 09, 13:49

Actually there is haze in real planet...only it is not the one we see in the game! :P

This is a pic of the the haze I created (sx) vs the original (dx):
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/4819 ... sonxg6.jpg

SS_T
x3ap

Post by SS_T » Tue, 24. Nov 09, 14:05

Realspace wrote:Actually there is haze in real planet...only it is not the one we see in the game! :P

This is a pic of the the haze I created (sx) vs the original (dx):
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/4819 ... sonxg6.jpg
Yeah that's what I meant :P

Dooms1988
x3tc

Post by Dooms1988 » Thu, 25. Feb 10, 03:03

you still modding? just curious

The-Last-Communist

Post by The-Last-Communist » Thu, 25. Feb 10, 12:32

real cool but after 1 hour of gameplay...ctd...sad face , back to the other mods...
Splits , for the better things in life...

Dooms1988
x3tc

Post by Dooms1988 » Thu, 25. Feb 10, 23:15

Your getting that too? I have the same problem, but couldn't tell if it was mod or some of the scripts I am also using. I tried at first using the X1 past and future mod, and played for bout 2-4 hours (having so much fun didn't keep track of time) and then crashed, figured, happens so loaded game started playing and crashed few mins later, and continued to crash every time. So Uninstalled mod, installed this mod and decided to give it a try, see differences, and see what the crashing was all about. Again start game play for 2-4 hours (yet again having fun) and then crash, reload and like before crashes ever 2-4 mins. So don't know what the hell to think now. And cant post anything on technical support forum page.[/code]

The-Last-Communist

Post by The-Last-Communist » Fri, 26. Feb 10, 11:32

Dooms1988 wrote:Your getting that too? I have the same problem, but couldn't tell if it was mod or some of the scripts I am also using. I tried at first using the X1 past and future mod, and played for bout 2-4 hours (having so much fun didn't keep track of time) and then crashed, figured, happens so loaded game started playing and crashed few mins later, and continued to crash every time. So Uninstalled mod, installed this mod and decided to give it a try, see differences, and see what the crashing was all about. Again start game play for 2-4 hours (yet again having fun) and then crash, reload and like before crashes ever 2-4 mins. So don't know what the hell to think now. And cant post anything on technical support forum page.[/code]
yhea...i know, its real onoying! but lets hope it gets beter , a patch or somthing or more solid code? or maybie its or pc s ?

Dooms1988
x3tc

Post by Dooms1988 » Fri, 26. Feb 10, 21:38

Problem Is I don't know if its the mod or what it is.
Are you using any other scripts other then things in this mod?

Ive also been getting some help in the technical support forums to try and figure it out ,Ive tried a few things but they haven't helped yet. but ill keep trying and ill let you know if i fix it.

What I don't get is, Its perfectly fine for a few hours and then begins to crash constantly. what would cause that?

The-Last-Communist

Post by The-Last-Communist » Fri, 26. Feb 10, 22:00

Dooms1988 wrote:Problem Is I don't know if its the mod or what it is.
Are you using any other scripts other then things in this mod?

Ive also been getting some help in the technical support forums to try and figure it out ,Ive tried a few things but they haven't helped yet. but ill keep trying and ill let you know if i fix it.

What I don't get is, Its perfectly fine for a few hours and then begins to crash constantly. what would cause that?
i thimk it is a script or somthing , that has a link with the patch 2.5 , i tryed this mod with and with out anny scripts i allsodescoverd that if you rename your ship with any caracter EX [ or - it ctd , or maybe the autor , had maid a very saml eror and crashed the thing? , i wold love to play with this...yes let me know if it gets beter (he is on moddb.com as well )

Dooms1988
x3tc

Post by Dooms1988 » Sat, 27. Feb 10, 00:59

so it crashed when using the mod only (no scripts enabled)?

The-Last-Communist

Post by The-Last-Communist » Sat, 27. Feb 10, 08:43

yes

Dooms1988
x3tc

Post by Dooms1988 » Sat, 27. Feb 10, 19:44

Most likely the mod then for some reason, Im trying out a diff mod now to see if it does the same.

The-Last-Communist

Post by The-Last-Communist » Sun, 28. Feb 10, 02:00

well i only play moded x3 tc so it must be this mod...wich mod are you trying

Dooms1988
x3tc

Post by Dooms1988 » Mon, 1. Mar 10, 01:21

The Apricot Merge mod, Seems to be pretty cool, Its a bunch of scripts and mods merged together, and the creator is very active. I havnt had a problem with it yet, so it looks like it was the mod.

The-Last-Communist

Post by The-Last-Communist » Mon, 1. Mar 10, 11:36

well i think its the mod , becos x2 was moded , my x3 reunion was moded and x3 tc was moded , for me a thew months after its realise

Harvs
x4

Post by Harvs » Mon, 22. Mar 10, 19:45

nice mod, hope you're continuing your work on the graphics for X3! Just a little thing; your "no trails" mod also takes out all the missile trails in the game

AtomicDryad

Post by AtomicDryad » Wed, 24. Mar 10, 17:38

So....what does it change exactly? How is it more difficult, etc?

SS_T
x3ap

Post by SS_T » Fri, 26. Mar 10, 20:31

I just want to say, recently I haven't had the time to work on the mod at all and that I am finding it hard to motivate myself to work on x3.

I don't recommend the mod to be used because there is a lot of problems which I haven't fixed. As you probably an tell if you play it.

to answer this question:
So....what does it change exactly? How is it more difficult, etc?
Mostly this mod edited the graphics, I didn't get to change the difficulty.

If anyone wants to have a go continuing the mod, I would be happy to allow you.

SS_T

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”