[Script] - Logain Industries Capital Ship Energy Cell Generator (CSecG) v2 12/09/2010

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

dpadula
x4

Post by dpadula » Fri, 6. Aug 10, 01:54

Thank you for all of the replies. I will add this to my game when I get a chance to play again.
-----
Dell Precision 3600
12 gb ram
Nvidia 1060
256 gd boot ssd and 1 tb data ssd
Windows 10

Wintersdark
x4

Post by Wintersdark » Fri, 6. Aug 10, 23:44

I've been using it for some time now without any problems. It's a great script, a really great way to ensure ships - particularly your capships which have some trouble docking - have ecells without hassle, and without significant balance issues. Your ships can't just jump everywhere without concern as they will run out of fuel and require some time to recharge, but on the flip side it's not an effective way to produce ecells for anything else (too slow).

Marvelous, bug free.

Logain Abler
x4

Version 2

Post by Logain Abler » Sun, 12. Sep 10, 14:15

Logain Industries Capital Ship Energy Cell Generator (CsecG) v2

New version adds Energy Cell Generator as a ware to all main race Equipment Docks.
Please read OP for details and download links.

LA

Note: If upgrading from v1 you will need to turn off the CSecG AL Plugin. Version 2 doesn't use the AL Plugin.

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Re: Version 2

Post by mark_a_condren » Sun, 12. Sep 10, 15:10

Logain Abler wrote:Logain Industries Capital Ship Energy Cell Generator (CsecG) v2

New version adds Energy Cell Generator as a ware to all main race Equipment Docks.

LA

Note: If upgrading from v1 you will need to turn off the CSecG AL Plugin. Version 2 doesn't use the AL Plugin.
Any difference in the functionality or just not an AL plugin anymore and ware added to EQ docks?

MarCon

Logain Abler
x4

Re: Version 2

Post by Logain Abler » Sun, 12. Sep 10, 15:16

mark_a_condren wrote:
Logain Abler wrote:Logain Industries Capital Ship Energy Cell Generator (CsecG) v2

LA

Any difference in the functionality or just not an AL plugin anymore and ware added to EQ docks?

MarCon
Ships now requires a Energy Cell Generator installed to run and it cost just over 400k, the amount of ECells created is now based on the ships power generator.

But the function is still the same, set a cap & turn it on.

LA

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Sun, 12. Sep 10, 15:21

it won't install. I install it and it appears in the manager's list. I close plugin manager and than it's gone...

EDIT: It works only if i install it before ware manager. weird... must be something i messed up...
Last edited by vukica on Sun, 12. Sep 10, 15:23, edited 2 times in total.
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Sun, 12. Sep 10, 15:22

vukica wrote:it won't install. I install it and it appears in the manager's list. I close plugin manager and than it's gone...
Will test.

LA

Edit: Plugin work fine for me on the latest version v1.30 (RC1)

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Sun, 12. Sep 10, 15:25

vukica wrote:it won't install. I install it and it appears in the manager's list. I close plugin manager and than it's gone...

EDIT: It works only if i install it before ware manager. weird... must be something i messed up...
I had Ware Manager installed first, but all WM does is add the ECG to EQ's.

LA

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Sun, 12. Sep 10, 15:34

now the plugin manager says it's ok, but there's no way to start the generator...

I'll try with a fresh installation in a few minutes. My current installation is a bit weird so... it's probably just me.
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Sun, 12. Sep 10, 15:36

vukica wrote:now the plugin manager says it's ok, but there's no way to start the generator...

I'll try with a fresh installation in a few minutes. My current installation is a bit weird so... it's probably just me.
You need to buy a Energy Cell Generator from a EQ, once in the cargo hold the CSecG menu will show.

LA

Chestburster2
x3tc

Post by Chestburster2 » Sun, 12. Sep 10, 15:54

I can confirm that the ECG is not added to EQ-Docks (but shows up at cycrows cheat package).

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Sun, 12. Sep 10, 16:03

Chestburster2 wrote:I can confirm that the ECG is not added to EQ-Docks (but shows up at cycrows cheat package).
Do you have Ware Manager installed? This is a library by Cycrow that handles the install and stock management of custom wares.

LA

Chestburster2
x3tc

Post by Chestburster2 » Sun, 12. Sep 10, 16:12

Yep, i do.

Also there's no command to start the generator after "equipping" it. Special Command is empty.

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Sun, 12. Sep 10, 16:35

Just been testing with the uploaded .spk:

First Test:
Saved
Un-installed via Plugin Manager
Ensured that all script files (4 of them) had been removed
Restart game, load save
Checked that there was no Energy Cell Generators in EQ or on ships
Downloaded .spk
Installed using Plugin Manager
Restart game, load save
Checked EQ to see if ECG had been added
Cheated one onto ship and checked menu

All worked fine.

Second Test:
As above but with Ware Manager disabled
Result, no ECG added to EQ
No ECG shown by Cycrows cheat pack

Third Test:
Enable Ware Manager
Restart game, load save
ECG added to EQ
ECG shown by Cycrows cheat pack

All worked fine.

During testing a load wouldn't work when enabling, disabling, installing or removing scripts. It required a full exit of the game, re-start & load to work.

I've checked the spk and all the files are there and everything work fine for me.

LA

@ Chestburster2,

Can you see setup.LI.CSecG script file in the script folder?
Sounds like the setup didn't fire as there are no EGC added to EQ's and the ship command isn't showing. The setup file kick all this off.

LA

Chestburster2
x3tc

Post by Chestburster2 » Sun, 12. Sep 10, 17:00

There are no scripts (and no t-file).. seems to be a problem with the plugin-manager. its not installing it but shows it as installed :/

Edit: Can't even extract them manualy. Corrupted file?

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Sun, 12. Sep 10, 17:14

Chestburster2 wrote:There are no scripts (and no t-file).. seems to be a problem with the plugin-manager. its not installing it but shows it as installed :/

Edit: Can't even extract them manualy. Corrupted file?
Could be, which dl link did you use? I've tested the on on Google Code and that worked fine.

I'm using the latest v1.30 (rc1) of the manager.

LA

Chestburster2
x3tc

Post by Chestburster2 » Sun, 12. Sep 10, 17:19

Ok, then we found the problem^^ You should note that the latest BETA is required to install ;) With 1.20 it is not working, with 1.30 it does.

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Sun, 12. Sep 10, 17:24

Cycrow mentioned a change in the SPK format between 1.20 and 1.3 Beta/RC which some of the new SPK's need the 1.3 Beta or higher to work.
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Sun, 12. Sep 10, 17:28

Chestburster2 wrote:Ok, then we found the problem^^ You should note that the latest BETA is required to install ;) With 1.20 it is not working, with 1.30 it does.
Cool, glad we got to the bottom of it. Will update the OP about version. I always use the latest beta so my bad.

LA

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Mon, 13. Sep 10, 17:55

Having completed FDN & PM I've run out of steam to take on a big re-build of SSDN and work isn't helping!

So I'm going to have a play with CSecG just to keep my hand in and learn a few tricks ;)

So I have CSecG set-up to create Energy Cells via the Energy Cell Generator when a ships system energy is idle.

So the next step is way to store this energy so it can be feed back into the ships power matrix. You can do this with Energy Cells but you need lots to give any kind of edge in combat.

So my idea is a Shield Capacitor, Weapons Capacitor or just a Power Matrix Capacitor.
The Capacitor will be changed by the ECG once it's reached it's Energy Cell cap, this stored energy can then be used to boost Shields and Weapons power when needed.

I have script which boosts shields with Energy Cells and have watched two identical Mammoths dual it out with 50,000 Energy Cells to keep their Shields up! So the concept works.

The Capacitors can come in different sizes S, M & L with up to 50k worth of power units.

I think this is something than can randomly be added to NPC capital ships :)

I have one issue to overcome to optimise the script and that's using SIGNAL_ATTACKED secondary signal to kick off a task that monitor the shields & weapons levels. Currently this is started by menu and constantly runs in the background. I want it to start the task when it's attacked and then close if the ship is not attacked again for a period.

Thoughts?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”