[Script] - Logain Industries Capital Ship Energy Cell Generator (CSecG) v2 12/09/2010

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

d_ka
x3ap

Post by d_ka » Mon, 30. Sep 13, 19:46

It works for me with XRM. I´ve only installed the hacked version via PM, iirc.

Keridos
x4

Post by Keridos » Wed, 2. Oct 13, 15:35

I have absolutely no problems with any script, except this one is not working at all for me.

Mad_CatMk2
x4

Post by Mad_CatMk2 » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 04:38

DrBullwinkle wrote:
Hyde911 wrote:But how can I install ECG without ware at docks??
If you have Navigation Command Software Mk1 on your ship, then CSecG should already be installed. Look on the Special Menu.
Hey Doc, I remembered a few posts back you said you updated the script to make it compatible with all ships? But I still only see it on M6 or higher...
i.e. on my TS's I have the required equipment but the menu doesn't show up.

p.s.: I've also looked through the plugin.LI.CSsecG.menu script...but with my still limited knowledge of the SE, can't seem to figure where to look for that check

p.p.s: I really want to get into scripting (programming for living actually) so bear with me if I pester you :)
I fly an OWP. What about you?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 05:52

I do not know why my version of CSecG would not run on your TS ships. The only requirements are:
  • Moveable Ship
  • Owned by player
  • Navigation Command Software Mk1
So it should work on any ship that has Navigation Command Software (including ships with Navigation Command Software built-in).

d_ka
x3ap

Post by d_ka » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 08:20

I use your hacked version, Dr.B, but iirc, my TS do not have the CSecG options, too. It´s ok for me though, the only thing that isn´t realistic is when your "generators" still produce e-cells when they are docked, or are in a sector with no suns at all ( it was supposed to convert light into enegy, right? ). But hey, you can´t have everything, eh? ;)

Mad_CatMk2
x4

Post by Mad_CatMk2 » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 08:26

Ah, my ships satisfy that criteria though.

Any tips on where I can look through in the script to see where the 'check' is done (say, plugin.LI.csecg.menu) or something?

Otherwise thanks for a working script!

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 08:43

I looked through the scripts before posting. You can double-check, if you like. The requirements are in the setup script; the "set script command upgrade" line and the "global script map:" line. There is a second test for the $ware in the Task script, although that is probably redundant.

Mad_Cat and d_ka, what is similar about your TS's (and different from everyone else's)? Can either of you reproduce the problem in a vanilla game?

I really do not have any good ideas about what might be going wrong in your games. In the Crazy Idea Department, you could try opening each of the scripts, making a change (any change -- just add and delete a space in one of the comments, for example), then save the scripts again. That will for a recompile of the scripts using your wares, just in case there is a problem there. Make sure that the $ware = {Navigation Command Software MK1} (in both the setup and task scripts).

Mad_CatMk2
x4

Post by Mad_CatMk2 » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 08:55

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll definitely take a look at the scripts too anyway, but I trust that you coded everything properly :wink:

I wonder if XRM has anything to do with it? But later tonight I'll try the recompile 'crazy department' idea and see how it goes

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 09:04

I did not write the script. Logain Abler is the author. I just changed the ware, because some players have trouble with the original EMP ware.
  • (EMP is somewhat "flimsy" -- it makes custom wares possible, but does not make them reliable. So I used a standard vanilla ware.)

XRM is notorious for causing ware-related issues, although I would be surprised if your TS's cannot mount Navigation Command Software MK1 (which is the reason that I chose that ware). It is easy enough to open the setup and task scripts and look at the "$ware=" line. It is near the top of both scripts.

EDIT: You could remove the ware check completely, since it is not really important for this script. In the setup script, change the "set script command upgrade:" line to [TRUE] rather than $ware. Then, in the task script, comment out the block that tests for $ware.

Mad_CatMk2
x4

Post by Mad_CatMk2 » Thu, 28. Nov 13, 03:05

So I took a look into the setup script, and I modified the entry where it looks for classes of 'Big Ship' to 'Moveable Ships' and now I can see the menu for CSecG on my fighters and traders.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 28. Nov 13, 04:17

Aha! Apparently I never uploaded my most recent changes. Thank you for your patient and thorough reporting, MadCat! (and thanks for your report as well, d_ka)

Update
CSecG v2.06
CSecG-V2.06 (Mirror)
CSecG-V2.06 (Mirror2)

History
----------
v2.06 (2013-11-27 DrBullwinkle)
- Works on any class of ship.
- Faster generation of e-cells. Why wait? It only leads to jump problems.
- CSecG will now not exceed the amount set by the player.
- Charges max price for e-cells.
- Auto-updates to new versions without re-starting all of your ships. (Hopefully)
- Default is ON.
- Better default settings for different classes of ships.

v2.05 (DrBullinkle) 2012-06-10
- Declare $time in .Task before using.
- Minimum $wait of 1,000 ms.

v2.04 (Minor edits by DrBullwinkle) 2012-06-08
- Removed !config.faction.dukes.pck
- Changed broken ware to Navigation Command Software Mk1.
- Removed "true" from the ware test so it will work with all ships.
- Changed default number of energy cells by ship class.

Edit [1st Dec 2015]: replaced outdated with working xdownloads link. X2-Illuminatus

Edit [9th Dec 2016]: Added second mirror (mediafire.com). X2-Illuminatus
Last edited by DrBullwinkle on Sun, 1. Nov 15, 18:28, edited 1 time in total.

Mad_CatMk2
x4

Post by Mad_CatMk2 » Thu, 28. Nov 13, 04:42

You're welcome!

firestorm79
x4

Post by firestorm79 » Thu, 28. Nov 13, 13:10

this Mod is tremendous.

But all I do now is park a capital ship on top of my open loop complex, with a TS shuttling back and forth to fill my fab with free ecells :D

I don't mind though... ecell management wasn't something I enjoyed in vanilla!

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Thu, 28. Nov 13, 13:26

Cheers DrBullwinkle, I don't have X3 installed at the moment, haven't for months.

Will have to dig out my backups.

LA

adrianx
x3tc

Thank you for the update

Post by adrianx » Thu, 28. Nov 13, 15:34

DrBullwinkle wrote: Update CSecG v2.06
Unfortunately the Linux spktool I have (SPKTool V1.31 (SPK File Version 4.10) 12/02/2010 Created by Cycrow) can't open the spk file but I was able to extract the files using crossover(wine) and spkexplorer. Now to see if it auto-updates :wink:

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 28. Nov 13, 15:40

It will only auto-update when there is a new version. You may have to re-start CSecG on your ships when you update from a previous version of CSecG. At least there will be fewer clicks because the defaults are better now.

Tom5Cat
x3ap

Post by Tom5Cat » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 03:49

CSecG works gr8! Thx again for the info and the redirect to this thread, DrBullwinkle ;-)

Tom5Cat
x3ap

Post by Tom5Cat » Fri, 10. Jan 14, 17:20

I'm thinking... wouldn't this be adaptable to also include ammunition? :wink:

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 10. Jan 14, 23:32

Yep.

But is it necessary?

Historically, most people who mod their games have eliminated ammunition because there was a bug for several years that made all guns not fire when at least one of the guns on the turret was ammunition based (when OOS). Most major mods do not use ammunition for that reason. The bug is fixed as of AP 3.0, so an alternative may be appropriate.

However, AP also adds automatic reloading of ammunition for NPC's. Fighters can easily reload from their carrier. So only larger, player-owned ships are a potential issue. When OOS, it is better to simply mount energy lasers.

So that leaves large, player-owned, ships that are in-sector with the player. Or, mostly, the player-ship. How hard is it to keep your own ship equipped with ammunition?

Tom5Cat
x3ap

Post by Tom5Cat » Sat, 11. Jan 14, 03:44

There you go. I didn't even know about those worries concerning ammunition based weapons oos. It indeed changes things. Not the least because at this moment I'm still playing X3:TC (bought AP too, but decided to play them in sequence, after playing X3:R for a long time). So I guess that bug is still in my present game?!

I'll just listen to the master then and give up on ammo based weapons, apart from the player ship (Those Gauss Cannons are just too sweet. Especially combined with a good Ion Cannon barrage up front :wink: ).

Thanks for the info!! Again :wink:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”