[MOD/Script] LI Production Modules (PM) - v7.2 29/08/2010

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Tue, 18. Aug 09, 19:12

LA

Oooops ..... misunderstood how to set MPM up, i'm bad !!!

Have just downloaded MPMv3 and will install now and give that a go, try to do it properly this time. :D

I thought you had to have a station for each module, now i know you can link up many modules to one station, I should read instructions better, cos thats how it says to do it, i just got it wrong. Thanks for the correction.

MarCon

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Tue, 18. Aug 09, 19:40

mark_a_condren wrote:LA

Oooops ..... misunderstood how to set MPM up, i'm bad !!!

Have just downloaded MPMv3 and will install now and give that a go, try to do it properly this time. :D

I thought you had to have a station for each module, now i know you can link up many modules to one station, I should read instructions better, cos thats how it says to do it, i just got it wrong. Thanks for the correction.

MarCon
Never a problem, hope it works out okay. I love it, makes production soooo easy. But I would say that :wink:

LA

stealthhammer

Post by stealthhammer » Tue, 18. Aug 09, 23:32

LA - I just got this to work and am setting up the station/modules however how hard would it be to set up a set "all to supply to FDN" tab? Also I haven't tried this but could I set one node to contain the stations modules and the other to contain the wares produced but not be able to see the modules and maybe another tab for the module commands? If that makes any sense.
"The more we, as a human race, becomes more advanced, the more we, as a human race, lose our humanity and common sense." - Sean Patrick Feeney

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal." - Albert Einstine

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Wed, 19. Aug 09, 00:22

stealthhammer wrote:LA - I just got this to work and am setting up the station/modules however how hard would it be to set up a set "all to supply to FDN" tab? Also I haven't tried this but could I set one node to contain the stations modules and the other to contain the wares produced but not be able to see the modules and maybe another tab for the module commands? If that makes any sense.
"If that makes any sense", no but its late.

MPM & FDN integration is going to need some work and its early day for MPM.
I also need to be careful, they need to be able to work standalone as well as together, but not dependent on each other.

LA

stealthhammer

Post by stealthhammer » Wed, 19. Aug 09, 00:33

Hmmmmm wonder if a separate tab could be used for FDN and MPM links?
a link from MPM to the FDN would force MPM to use FDN's cap limit?

Similar to the module to station link.
"The more we, as a human race, becomes more advanced, the more we, as a human race, lose our humanity and common sense." - Sean Patrick Feeney

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal." - Albert Einstine

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Wed, 19. Aug 09, 08:55

stealthhammer wrote:Hmmmmm wonder if a separate tab could be used for FDN and MPM links?
a link from MPM to the FDN would force MPM to use FDN's cap limit?

Similar to the module to station link.
I did think of that, but MPM is used on TLs which are mobile. It's built to pass its wares to any Node in range.

I’ve just checked my code and if the MPM is remote from the Node it will check the wares cap. If MPM is running on a Node it won’t as the wares need to be staged (need to exist in storage to be transferred).
I need to put an FDN capture in here, what it will do is check the free space based the physical free and the cap free. If there is not the space to store a full cycle the task will loop until there is. It works this way at the moment minus the FDN cap check.

LA

Update: Turned out to be easier than I initially thought, try this patch, MPM will now take into account a Nodes Cap level when local to the Node:

http://rapidshare.com/files/269030276/p ... y.Home.xml

Let me know how you get on and I'll add it to the next update.

I’m thinking of building a huge construction complex that uses FDN & MPM, will throw something together in-game and see how it handles a large model :D

LA

stealthhammer

Post by stealthhammer » Wed, 19. Aug 09, 21:28

Only problem I got was I set the cap for mass drivers at 50 just to test and it went to 48, think it was because a batch is what 8 or so and it didn't have space for the rest of the product.

I don't mean to cause more work on the menu but what about adding a time screen or production menu similar to the FDN link menu/map hot key? Also maybe a interface similar to FDN with the ware settings but lists the production active, link to FDN, and so forth?

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Wed, 19. Aug 09, 22:48

stealthhammer wrote:Only problem I got was I set the cap for mass drivers at 50 just to test and it went to 48, think it was because a batch is what 8 or so and it didn't have space for the rest of the product.
Yes it needs the full space for the production amount or it will loop until there is space.
stealthhammer wrote: I don't mean to cause more work on the menu but what about adding a time screen or production menu similar to the FDN link menu/map hot key? Also maybe a interface similar to FDN with the ware settings but lists the production active, link to FDN, and so forth?
No, won't work. You can't script the production time countdown as per normal factories,. That must be hard coded in to the factories menu screen.

I'll have a look at indicating which modules are set to send their product to a Node.

LA

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Thu, 27. Aug 09, 00:38

Hi All,

I’ve done a bit of work on the new release of MPM, which will be renamed to Production Modules.
The update includes a new Production Report and currently 2 new Production Complexes, a sized M & L. Still playing around with the number of stations each will be able to clone/link.

New Report is a bit like the FDN version but only deals with the Production Complex:
[ external image ]

The M sized version of the Production Complex:
[ external image ]

The docking section which is the same for both versions and has 10 (2 * 5) small ship docking arms and 2 large ship docking ports:
[ external image ]

The L sized version of the Production Complex:
[ external image ]

Both the main cylindrical bodies and the docking section are animated.

LA

Edit: The new models will be optional; it will work with or without.

Gorium
x3tc

Post by Gorium » Fri, 28. Aug 09, 03:45

Looking forward to the PM coming up.

Can you create a version that will enable an unlimited amount of station in it? Or an AL plugin that will allow us to enable such an option on your coming structure?

Cheers, and waiting for the product.

PS: Anything that will involve less structures and script running on my system will be greatly appreciated.

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Fri, 28. Aug 09, 10:34

Gorium wrote:Looking forward to the PM coming up.

Can you create a version that will enable an unlimited amount of station in it? Or an AL plugin that will allow us to enable such an option on your coming structure?

Cheers, and waiting for the product.

PS: Anything that will involve less structures and script running on my system will be greatly appreciated.
The number of modules can be set in the t files (read this), so you can set to whatever you like.

LA

Gorium
x3tc

Post by Gorium » Fri, 28. Aug 09, 23:33

Excellent, sounds very nice then.

How do I go about using this mod/script? Can I simply use the new structures to store all my factories (minus mines)? Do I have to use FDN or this can be stand alone/factory only?

Cheers.

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Sat, 29. Aug 09, 10:59

Gorium wrote:Excellent, sounds very nice then.

How do I go about using this mod/script? Can I simply use the new structures to store all my factories (minus mines)? Do I have to use FDN or this can be stand alone/factory only?

Cheers.
You only need one type of the factory; you can link any number of Production Modules to the single factory. Production Modules mimic the production cycle of the linked station.
The new Production Complex will give access to an increased number of Modules; currently Docks can hold 10, TLs 3, by default.
Although this has been written with FDN in mind it is standalone.

LA

Gorium
x3tc

Post by Gorium » Sat, 29. Aug 09, 14:43

Ack, thanks a lot. My first use of it yesterday in an Argon Equipment Dock worked wonders.

The issue I see now is, does the ware limit of the equipment dock my multiple factories are placed into affect the ware produces by the factories? Or do the multiple factories I have set up in the AED each have their ware limit like normal modules?

I see how this all works now, but I am not quite sure about the storage of the produce wares... would that mean that I need to install FDN as well, and connect my AED production to a storing TL standing beside it?

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Sat, 29. Aug 09, 19:16

Gorium wrote:Ack, thanks a lot. My first use of it yesterday in an Argon Equipment Dock worked wonders.

The issue I see now is, does the ware limit of the equipment dock my multiple factories are placed into affect the ware produces by the factories? Or do the multiple factories I have set up in the AED each have their ware limit like normal modules?

I see how this all works now, but I am not quite sure about the storage of the produce wares... would that mean that I need to install FDN as well, and connect my AED production to a storing TL standing beside it?
Yes EQ will have limited wares storage; you wouldn't use an XL SPP as its output is greater than what can be stored. Using FDN wouldn’t overcome this as the wares need to be staged locally before transfer to a Node. This is a limitation within the game rather than the script.

The new Production Complexes will overcome this as the M has 40mil, L has 80mil storage capacity. As with FDN Nodes, the Production Complexes are modded PHQ for the extra storage they provide.

I hope to have the next version out with the new model in the next two to three days, it's all done other than a last few menu tweaks.

LA

Gorium
x3tc

Post by Gorium » Sat, 29. Aug 09, 19:29

Ok, waiting for that structure then. CC is more helpful for the moment, but your project with big storage capacities might very well be more appropriate once they are completed.

I had MPMv3 installed, but my intent was to place all my SPP and factories in an EQ, so I will wait for the next improvement.

Cheers, keep up the nice product.

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Sat, 29. Aug 09, 20:50

Gorium wrote:Ok, waiting for that structure then. CC is more helpful for the moment, but your project with big storage capacities might very well be more appropriate once they are completed.

I had MPMv3 installed, but my intent was to place all my SPP and factories in an EQ, so I will wait for the next improvement.

Cheers, keep up the nice product.
You could use an FDN XL Node which has 50mil storage, cheaper than an EQ, you don't even have to make the Node active. There is a post on how to edit the t file, you can set the number of modules to whatever you need.

LA

Gorium
x3tc

Post by Gorium » Sat, 29. Aug 09, 22:59

Ok, will give the FDN a try. Hopefully, the added scripts won't be too hard on my poor system.

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Sun, 30. Aug 09, 00:07

Gorium wrote:Ok, will give the FDN a try. Hopefully, the added scripts won't be too hard on my poor system.

If you just use FDN for the extra storage there will be no extra scripts running as far as FDN goes. Production Modules each run their own task, the more modules you have producing wares, the greater number of running tasks.

LA

Logain Abler
x4

MP v4 released - 31/08/2009

Post by Logain Abler » Mon, 31. Aug 09, 12:56

MP v4 released.

Version 4 released.

Please read the OP for a list of changes which include optional Mod file updates

I hope you enjoy, as always feedback, good or bad are welcome
:)

LA
Last edited by Logain Abler on Tue, 1. Sep 09, 10:00, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”