[MOD] Vanilla Malt Gamestarts 1.1 (Jul 2010)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Snowship
x3tc

Post by Snowship » Fri, 13. Aug 10, 00:55

Yes I have some more ideas to be implemented, but awaiting 3.0 patch to see what changes/additions are involved.
Always open to ideas though :)

A concern of lots of starts would be moving down the long list to find whichever start you want, might get a bit tedious. :wink:
[ external image ]
Vanilla Malt Gamestarts
"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire"

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Fri, 13. Aug 10, 08:48

I don't care, I want lots more! :D :P
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Thu, 2. Sep 10, 20:15

Here's an idea of a really hard game start.

ATF Insurgent

Ship would be a mjolnir damaged to the level of not being able to go faster than 120mps. Two EMPCs, no software, no money, no nothing.
ATF rank is beyond repair. Start sector Mars... and you have to make a run for it.

Argon, boron and teladi rep should be just enough for them not trying to shoot you on sight.
Put a hold on the plot until the argon rep is at least 10000. and than you get the link plot enabled.

p.s. another idea, rather easy gamestart. A terran version of a humble merchant. A baldric, some cash, basic equpment and a rapier.
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Fri, 3. Sep 10, 00:13

Love the ATF idea, sounds interesting :)

Also would like a Terran Merchant start. But it's going to be very similar to the stock Terran start.
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Fri, 3. Sep 10, 00:32

TrixX wrote:Love the ATF idea, sounds interesting :)

Also would like a Terran Merchant start. But it's going to be very similar to the stock Terran start.
Well, the point is to make it a perfect noob start.

pigsonthewing
x3tc

Post by pigsonthewing » Tue, 14. Sep 10, 19:01

Hello. downloaded this recently and have been playing with the ATF Admiral start. I use the Display Rank script and it displays my ATF rank at over 2 million points, and in parenthesis it says Command Access -50%. My traders come under attack from the ATF patrol ships in the terran sectors. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling yet the same thing happens. Sorry for lack of details since im not particularly knowledge on understanding scripts and code. Just wanted to bring this the author's attention.

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Tue, 14. Sep 10, 19:20

pigsonthewing wrote:Hello. downloaded this recently and have been playing with the ATF Admiral start. I use the Display Rank script and it displays my ATF rank at over 2 million points, and in parenthesis it says Command Access -50%. My traders come under attack from the ATF patrol ships in the terran sectors. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling yet the same thing happens. Sorry for lack of details since im not particularly knowledge on understanding scripts and code. Just wanted to bring this the author's attention.
this might be caused by something in the start.xml.
it says

Code: Select all

<set_value name="ATF Notoriety" exact="1"/>
instead "1" there should be "{lookup.notoriety@notop10}"

pigsonthewing
x3tc

Post by pigsonthewing » Wed, 15. Sep 10, 19:05

vukica wrote:
pigsonthewing wrote:Hello. downloaded this recently and have been playing with the ATF Admiral start. I use the Display Rank script and it displays my ATF rank at over 2 million points, and in parenthesis it says Command Access -50%. My traders come under attack from the ATF patrol ships in the terran sectors. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling yet the same thing happens. Sorry for lack of details since im not particularly knowledge on understanding scripts and code. Just wanted to bring this the author's attention.
this might be caused by something in the start.xml.
it says

<set_value name="ATF Notoriety" exact="1"/>
instead "1" there should be "{lookup.notoriety@notop10}"
unfortunately im not sure on how to go about making the changes you suggested. do i have to modify something in the cat? or using the script editor ingame? ive tried looking for start.xml everywhere and have been unsuccessful in finding it.

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Wed, 15. Sep 10, 20:11

I'm not sure if that is it :D

will see.

Snowship
x3tc

Post by Snowship » Thu, 16. Sep 10, 01:11

I'll have a look at it :)
[ external image ]
Vanilla Malt Gamestarts

Snowship
x3tc

Post by Snowship » Fri, 17. Sep 10, 01:37

I've had a look in the downloaded file and it has the ATF relations set to max

<relation race="atf" operation="set" exact="max" mutual="1"/>
And in game it's Command Access 100% with all ATF ships friendly.
Have you got a ship that's setting is ATF foe? and is attacking them?
Any other scripts running?

I checked the file in from the main d/l link (mediafire), maybe you could try re-downloading the zip file?

Anyone else having this problem?
[ external image ]
Vanilla Malt Gamestarts

pigsonthewing
x3tc

Post by pigsonthewing » Sat, 18. Sep 10, 19:19

i've checked my friend or foe settings on all ships once i noticed my freighters getting smoked and all were set to friendly, also i have a small collection of freighters from different races and the ATF employed an equal opportunity ass kicker mentality on my ships. additionally, i run improved races script and a myriad of other scripts so that probably is the cause of my issue. i reinstalled cycrow's cheat package and have been manually setting race relations with the ATF so it's not killing my game, i just have to remember to adjust it every time i load a save. not a big deal on my end but thanks for looking into it.

edit: i've also checked all hotwar options involved with improved races and everything is setup so it shouldn't happen. but like i said its really not a game killing issue for me. furthermore, i just want to say good work, loving the different starts.

pndrev
x3tc

Post by pndrev » Thu, 23. Sep 10, 15:47

Does this work together with Ship Rebalance Mod and Combat Mod?

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Thu, 23. Sep 10, 15:51

Yes
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

Mad_CatMk2
x4

Post by Mad_CatMk2 » Tue, 16. Nov 10, 06:02

How does this work with http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=282844 ?

Thanks
I fly an OWP. What about you?

CuriosityKillsTheMADCat
x4

Post by CuriosityKillsTheMADCat » Tue, 16. Nov 10, 10:11

"How does this work with http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=282844 ? "

No (AFAIK). You can either use one Mod or the other, but not both.

MFG

CuriosityKillsTheMADCat

PS: :D
Fähiger Pilot wie DU sein...
"When ships to sail the void between the stars have been invented, there will also be men who come forward to sail those ships."
Johannes Kepler, Somnium, 1634 A.D.

Mad_CatMk2
x4

Post by Mad_CatMk2 » Tue, 16. Nov 10, 16:19

CuriosityKillsTheMADCat wrote:"How does this work with http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=282844 ? "

No (AFAIK). You can either use one Mod or the other, but not both.

MFG

CuriosityKillsTheMADCat

PS: :D
Ah, thanks...maybe I'll have to merge it myself then (too lazy though).

PS: LOL!
I fly an OWP. What about you?

Dank7430
x3ap

malt gamestarts

Post by Dank7430 » Wed, 2. Mar 11, 13:05

Im new to using scripts/mods so please be patient with me thanks. :P

Well my problem is I downloaded the vanilla malt starts in .rar form. I extracted to my main installation directory. There was no conflicts with 13.dat name so renaming wasnt required. Yet in new game normal and custom starts there is no new gamestarts. I dont know what I have done wrong as this will be the first mod I have installed not in .spk format. I am running with the newest patch if that helps thanks in advance.

{[url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216696][b]T[/b][b]C[/b] [b]S[/b]&M Posting [b]R[/b]ules[/url] and asking about a mod ... merging this time. jlehtone}

InvrSmall
x3tc

Post by InvrSmall » Thu, 3. Mar 11, 01:53

Do you have the required Trade/Fight/Plot ranks to unlock the new starts ?
Extended Horizons. Adds 15 new sectors to explore and to make a home in for your empire. Works with your existing Game save and does not require a new start.
Wing combat commands: Attack Fighters and Attack Capships. Adds the two commands to the Wing Combat menu.

dillpickle
x3tc

Re: malt gamestarts

Post by dillpickle » Thu, 3. Mar 11, 06:29

Dank7430 wrote:I am running with the newest patch if that helps thanks in advance.
If by this you mean 3.1, then this could well be the problem. 3.1 has a 13 Cat/Dat in it already.
In which case you'd need to extract it elsewhere, rename to next highest pair, then move to main directory.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”