[SCRIPT] Military Base Response revamp v2.16 [2011-10-27]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Bejla
x3ap

Post by Bejla » Mon, 3. Sep 12, 22:07

Very nice Mod.

But i got some trouble if i want to take over a sector for an ally.
Not sure whats going wrong but sometimes it wont works. Today i fly 4 hours in realtime in a terran sector and the split wont take it over.

There is a general and some other friendly ships of the split any my fleet.
All stations are destroyed, i see no big ships or any other military in the sector, only traders spawnig everytime new.
All sectors are claimed by me with STO around this sector.

I got no problems to take over the first two sectors of the terrans, sure it takes a long time, but not as long as it did today.
I got the same problem with an xenon sektor, former paranid sektor.
The xenon general is killed and there are no ships, no stations, no traiders, no everything, but the split general flys around and around and wont claim it.

What is the secret to claim a sector?
Why does it sometimes get claimed in one hour and sometimes after 4 hours it inst still claimed?

Would be nice if somebody could tell me something about that.

maffspice
x3tc

Post by maffspice » Wed, 5. Sep 12, 15:01

Is the ECS system still working with the mod? The ECS forum seems to say that it's not needed. If so, how do you cash in your prestige?

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Wed, 5. Sep 12, 17:29

maffspice wrote:Is the ECS system still working with the mod? The ECS forum seems to say that it's not needed. If so, how do you cash in your prestige?
Go to the interface tab under controls and see if there is an option for an ECS hotkey.

maffspice
x3tc

Post by maffspice » Wed, 5. Sep 12, 20:39

It's there, and I've set it, but it does nothing at all, made sure I was trying to contact a Military Outpost as well.

zj1985
x3ap

Post by zj1985 » Thu, 11. Oct 12, 09:10

joe johnson wrote:Hello!
I've got a problem when trying to configure Military Base revamp in Plugin Configurations. When I select it the game freezes and I hear a sound loop. I let it run for several minutes, but nothing happened.
In the installation guide there is written:
"Important - open the config menu. The act of opening the config menu creates a bunch of necessary variables."
Is this what I try to do here? Anybody knows this issue?

I'm very new to the X-Universum and love the game! I played it vanilla for some days to learn it and now decided to mod it, because it must be much more awesome from what I read in the forums.
So I installed XRM with all the recommended scripts and addon packs. I followed the installations very carefully. Started the game after every install to check. No problems.

Do you have any suggestions what I can do/try? Is there something like a log file to read what the game last did?

And sorry for my english...not my native language.

Thank you!
I have got the same problem.I have reinstalled all the needed scripts and XRM.But the game is still freezed and I can't play the game.So any suggestions?

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Thu, 11. Oct 12, 17:51

zj1985 wrote:
I've got a problem when trying to configure Military Base revamp in Plugin Configurations. When I select it the game freezes and I hear a sound loop. I let it run for several minutes, but nothing happened.
"Important - open the config menu. The act of opening the config menu creates a bunch of necessary variables."

I'm very new to the X-Universum and love the game! I played it vanilla for some days to learn it and now decided to mod it, because it must be much more awesome from what I read in the forums.
So I installed XRM with all the recommended scripts and addon packs. I followed the installations very carefully. Started the game after every install to check. No problems.

Do you have any suggestions what I can do/try? Is there something like a log file to read what the game last did?

Thank you!
I have got the same problem.I have reinstalled all the needed scripts and XRM.But the game is still freezed and I can't play the game.So any suggestions?
Did you install the JSON library v1.2?

zj1985
x3ap

Post by zj1985 » Fri, 12. Oct 12, 02:46

joelR wrote:
zj1985 wrote:

Thank you!
Did you install the JSON library v1.2?
Yes,I'm pretty sure

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Fri, 12. Oct 12, 03:47

Pretty sure?

ptb_ptb

Post by ptb_ptb » Sat, 10. Nov 12, 18:57

According to what I've read in the ECS thread, the "Extended Communication System" should be listed as recommended not required in the initial post of this thread.

I'm going to give it a try and see how it goes (X3 AP w/Cycrow's Cheat Collection Package).

[EDIT] It works fine with X3 AP, and doesn't need ECS to work (although I think some features will only be available if you have ECS installed).

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Sat, 10. Nov 12, 20:06

That was mis-written in the OP.

ECS is already included as a part of this script.

ptb_ptb

Post by ptb_ptb » Sat, 10. Nov 12, 20:18

joelR wrote:That was mis-written in the OP.

ECS is already included as a part of this script.
Apparently so. However I don't seem to have an "ECS hotkey" unless I install ECS separately. I believe it is the ECS Hotkey that I need to use to ally myself with races by communicating with their military outposts.

To quote one of your earlier posts ...
Go to the interface tab under controls and see if there is an option for an ECS hotkey.
There isn't.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Sat, 10. Nov 12, 22:13

I suspect you installed something wrong then. I have the hotkey. Try reinstalling.

ptb_ptb

Post by ptb_ptb » Sat, 10. Nov 12, 22:38

joelR wrote:I suspect you installed something wrong then. I have the hotkey. Try reinstalling.
I got that result twice. Are you sure you've never installed anything else that includes ECS?

I mean I presume the ECS file that installs the ECS hotkey is the one called
"plugin.sk.ecs.hotkey.install.xml". It's 6k.
There isn't a file that corresponds to that in the MilitaryBaseResponseRevamp-V2.16-27-10-2011 spk or zip file.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Sun, 11. Nov 12, 00:51

ptb_ptb wrote:
joelR wrote:I suspect you installed something wrong then. I have the hotkey. Try reinstalling.
I got that result twice. Are you sure you've never installed anything else that includes ECS?

I mean I presume the ECS file that installs the ECS hotkey is the one called
"plugin.sk.ecs.hotkey.install.xml". It's 6k.
There isn't a file that corresponds to that in the MilitaryBaseResponseRevamp-V2.16-27-10-2011 spk or zip file.
Install pirate guild then. It has ECS as well.

ptb_ptb

Post by ptb_ptb » Mon, 12. Nov 12, 19:14

I've been using this for a short while and there's only one minor niggle I have with it - everything happens so fast! Apart from that it's great.

It's just that I'm afraid to blink in case I miss a sector being attacked, invaded, being taken by the enemy and then falling to anarchy when the invading general dies. :lol:

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Fri, 7. Dec 12, 13:39

ThisIsHarsh@
Any thoughts of upgrading this for new version of XTRA shippack XTC/AP?
I remember good times when i used this ^^.

imeddyeddy
x3ap

Post by imeddyeddy » Thu, 10. Jan 13, 21:06

I've been wondering - I know that generals need the sector to be cleared of enemy stations as well as ships, but specifically what ships? Does this include only capital ships M6 and up, or does it also include fighters?

Also, how much time is needed before the general actually gets around to taking over the sector? Most times even when the sector is cleared of stations/ships it takes about half an hour of the general sitting there before he finally captures the sector

Monumension
x4

Post by Monumension » Sun, 3. Feb 13, 20:31

mod manager says this is for tc but its complatible with ap right

bung_dorji
x4

Post by bung_dorji » Fri, 22. Mar 13, 17:00

May I know is this mod compatible with version 3.2? I'm still playing with that patch.

Awauting your reply, thanks in advance
It is hard to live since the xenon and kha'ak patrol recentrly

chronicon
x3ap

Post by chronicon » Fri, 25. Oct 13, 19:56

sometimes json installs wrongly in the plug in manager and you need to keep doing it till it installs into the bottom half with the other libaries =p

thats why ecs and the config plug in for this froze the game

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”