[Mod] Apricot Merge Mod v2.07 [For TC v3]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 28. Apr 10, 14:20

V2.06 released for TCv2.6

Updated to Patch 2.6.
New start added.
Globals updated.
No other changes made, but LA's scripts are now all out of date, but deliberately left unchanged due to backwards compatibility with old versions. Update scripts manually if you want the new versions.

cnecktor
x3

Post by cnecktor » Fri, 30. Apr 10, 21:16

Hi are there any screen shots of this mod? Sounds interesting.

evilcandybag
x2

Post by evilcandybag » Wed, 12. May 10, 11:35

I can't seem to get a decent connection to your download site. Are there any alternative mirrors?

Edit: decent connection meaning that everything except the index is dead.
Edit2: Works fine now, but maybe keeping an external mirror wouldn't be too bad?

Patholos
x4

Post by Patholos » Thu, 13. May 10, 13:00

Apricot, you just made my day :D

humbrol2
x3tc

Post by humbrol2 » Tue, 18. May 10, 05:46

is there a way to revove the superstores and other parts of the mod?
Humbrol2

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 23. Jun 10, 09:41

humbrol2 wrote:is there a way to revove the superstores and other parts of the mod?
Sorry, I seem to have missed this.

The best way to remove the superstores is simply destroy them using the cheat pack.

What other things do you want to remove ?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 23. Jun 10, 09:49

Announcement :

The AMM is not going to make the Superbox.

Doing the upgrade to 2.7.1 was relatively straight forward, but in removing the copyright material, the mod has become unstable and so far, I cant find whats causing it.

As the deadline is 2 days away, theres no way it will be finished in time.

For the moment, there was nothing in the 2.7 or 2.7.1 patches that really impacts the mod, at least until the v3 patch comes out. So you should be able to run the current version for 2.6 over the 2.7 or 2.7.1 patches without any problems.

At some point in the near future, I'll upgrade the current version to 2.7.1 and finally get the BSG ships fixed.

DrwHem
x4

Post by DrwHem » Wed, 4. Aug 10, 01:07

how do i get rid of the stupid apricot wanderers? they cant fly for shit...they keep running into me when i jump into sectors, they start fights with other ships vital to missions and they generally piss me off. is there some way to remove them?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 4. Aug 10, 01:51

DrwHem wrote:how do i get rid of the stupid apricot wanderers? they cant fly for shit...they keep running into me when i jump into sectors, they start fights with other ships vital to missions and they generally piss me off. is there some way to remove them?
They are actually set to higher than average skill pilots, so if they are running into you, there is something wrong with your system. I dont recall ever having a collision with one of them. So there will be a reason you are. Might be framerate if you have that problem.

They are set to freindly race, so the only time they should be fighting is against khaak, xenon and red pirates. If they are shooting at anything else, then check for scripts that change the freindly race behaviour.

If they are shooting at say a red pirate your supposed to follow for ages, use the cheat pack to delete any wanderer thats in sector.

To remove them completely, extract the jobs.txt file from whichever game patch has the latest version (start from the highest number and work down to find it), and create a types directory under the main TC directory, and put the file in there. That will override the mods version. It wont however delete the ships already in the game, but it will stop respawning them.

Superbun270

Post by Superbun270 » Wed, 4. Aug 10, 11:33

How about including:

MARS (by Gazz]

and

Advanded Hyperdrive (by milling_horde and Loky)

Also, do you realy mean v0.07 of the X2 callback in the OP?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 4. Aug 10, 11:37

The mod part of Mars is already included. Just install the scripts.

Is adv. hyperdrive a mod or a script ? If the latter, just install it. If it is a mod, I'd have to look at it so see whats changed.

I dont recall what version of X2 callback was used, it was whatever was current at the time that the merge was done. I'm not aware of anything being done to it since.

Superbun270

Re: [Mod] Apricot Merge Mod v2.06 [For TC v2.6]

Post by Superbun270 » Wed, 4. Aug 10, 11:51

nevermind, ADH is a script, I missunderstood what this was about

anyway, to quickly check what version of X2 Callback, check if the carriers have docking slots, if so you have v1.07 or above

You might want to look at including one of the cockpit mods, as I know they can have conflict issues with some mods

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 4. Aug 10, 12:00

Any script can be added, so its not important to include them.

The X2 M1's and TL's all have docking slots.

Personally, I dont like the cockpit mods. I prefer a clear view through the goggles.

I've not looked at them. If the cockpits are just model changes, then they can be added over the top of the mod. If they need file spec changes like tships, then it means a lot of work to change things so that a lot of people can say "why did you do that ?" or "I prefer a different cockpit mod".

Oh, and last I heard, none of the cockpit mods were completely stable.

Superbun270

Post by Superbun270 » Wed, 4. Aug 10, 12:19

The reason I suggested the cockpit is that once I had a confict with the texture files of a cockpit mod and a ship mod, i ended up with the textures from the inside of the cockpit on the outside of the ships

i you were to include a cockpit mod I would sugest PSCO1's mod because it has the largest number of cockpits and as far as I know it's stable.

DrwHem
x4

Post by DrwHem » Tue, 10. Aug 10, 01:04

apricotslice wrote:
DrwHem wrote:how do i get rid of the stupid apricot wanderers? they cant fly for shit...they keep running into me when i jump into sectors, they start fights with other ships vital to missions and they generally piss me off. is there some way to remove them?
To remove them completely, extract the jobs.txt file from whichever game patch has the latest version (start from the highest number and work down to find it), and create a types directory under the main TC directory, and put the file in there. That will override the mods version. It wont however delete the ships already in the game, but it will stop respawning them.
do you do this with x3 editor? i opened jobs but i cant find a way to actually get a jobs.txt cause x3 editor only lets you mess with stuff inside the folders.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 10. Aug 10, 01:27

To edit jobs, you need Observes Jobs editor program. You need to extract the file first.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 19. Aug 10, 17:15

X3 Editor 2 has a Jobseditor, and its iirc based on Observe's one.

MFG

Ketraar

Pacattack

Post by Pacattack » Tue, 31. Aug 10, 03:57

I am having an issue similar to some but with no fix yet. I am not a noob per say yet may not have the appropriate termonology correct so I will try to be as specific as possible.

The problem I am having is the new starts appear with a buster and no shields or weapons and all the new ships are the zblankship, so I cannot get any new ships or e.g. use the whitestar when I start the appropriate new game.

I have performed a clean install, i.e. (1) uninstalled TC, bonus pack, and plugin manager. (2) Deleted the directories egosoft, and the relevant directory under my documents.

Installed 2.0 TC from DVD, then 2.7 patch, then copied over merge mod (newest version 2.06 I believe) to TC directory.

Ran TC with mod selected, started new game (one with the whitestar), and enabled script editor (Thereshallbewings) and saved , loaded save, waited till got message that merge mod was fully operational, then saved, and loaded again.

Anything I can try?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 31. Aug 10, 04:07

The main circumstance that seems to cause this is too many scripts starting up at the same time as the start itself is running. Its like the game has a list of things to do, and the guts of the start is pretty far down the list after all the setup scripts, and at some point, it all stops and things dont get done. At least, thats my theory.

Thats why I moved all my scripts to loading on the second start.

However, if there are too many scripts installed, each with its own setup script that runs on game start, then the same effect can happen.

So I guess the think to try is removing all other scripts, start the game with only the mod and nothing else, do the saves and reloads, get the mod active message, then save again, and start introducing other scripts a few at a time.

As far as I'm concerned this is a bug with the game, but because it cannot happen in vanilla, the devs wont even consider it.

I've not had this occur with anything other than too many scripts trying to start at the same time as the game start.

Crathes
x4

Post by Crathes » Thu, 2. Sep 10, 19:04

Is it a script that increases the radar range? if thats the case, wich one is it?
The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity.

I am THE STIG

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”