DB Recharger (use Ecells to recharge your weapons and shields)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

mwyeoh

Post by mwyeoh » Wed, 8. Sep 10, 06:37

I was looking around and found a similar script for X3R made by LV. Its called shield booster and is contained inside the following RAR file which is a collection of his old X3R files (The file is shield.boost1.1.rar)

http://code.google.com/p/x3tcscripts/do ... r&can=2&q=

Would there be a way to somehow implement this into X3TC? and perhaps alter it for weapons too??

I could try helping, but I havent done any scripting before so I dont really know where to start

furstukin
x3

Post by furstukin » Wed, 8. Sep 10, 14:20

mwyeoh wrote:I was looking around and found a similar script for X3R made by LV. Its called shield booster and is contained inside the following RAR file which is a collection of his old X3R files (The file is shield.boost1.1.rar)

http://code.google.com/p/x3tcscripts/do ... r&can=2&q=

Would there be a way to somehow implement this into X3TC? and perhaps alter it for weapons too??

I could try helping, but I havent done any scripting before so I dont really know where to start
Well I will look at the scripts and see how they work to determine if they are adaptable, but I will also need to check and see if LV ever gave permission for some one else to modify or borrow his/her work.
Don't make me slap Ye!

furstukin
x3

Post by furstukin » Thu, 9. Sep 10, 02:03

Well bad news is LV's script is beyond me...Here is the key piece of LV's code that initiates the shield recharge boost

Code: Select all

044   $math = $maxshield / $am
046   *$ship -> set current shield strength to 1
047   $current = $ship -> get current shield strength
049   [THIS] -> set command: A_LV_SHIELDBOOST
050   set script command: A_LV_SHIELDBOOST
052   = speak text: page=13 id=1320 priority=0
053   = speak text: page=13 id=1269 priority=0
054   $i = 0
055   $hottime = 0
But I have gone through all the script files included in the shield boost pack and I can not find the command A_LV_SHIELDBOOST in any of them... I am certainly no expert in this stuff but it seems to be referencing another script, one that I can't find. So from the commands available to me I can't see how LV is able to increase the recharge rate.

However I thought of a little compromise, I can possibly set it to check your ecells, then use say for an m5 fighter 1 ecell every 5 seconds to boost your shields and weapons by 20%. If I really get picky I could make it check both and use 1 ecell for shields and 1 for weapons as well if they are low... We will see I don't have allot of free time anymore but I will work on it
Don't make me slap Ye!

RATAK
x3tc

Post by RATAK » Tue, 5. Oct 10, 14:51

Perhaps instead of changing the shield generator's rate, you can "simulate" the effect adding a certain amount of shield % every second. You can make a script that reads the actual shield level, consumes a certain amount of cells and rise the shields a bit (IE 1%), next second it repeats it again. It can do the same to weapons.

Phosphene
x3tc

Post by Phosphene » Fri, 15. Apr 11, 23:41

I installed this but I don't see the ware in any Split equipment docks.
I have cycrow's plugin manager v1.310 (and the community and ware manager that comes with it), version 2 of the following EMP mod http://www.after-domination.net/phpbb3/ ... ?f=28&t=92, and Cycrow's hotkey manager installed (along with a variety of other mods scripts, if that seems important i will list them).

Anyway I'd really like to try this but it just isn't showing up in the EQ docks. Any ideas?

SS_T
x3ap

Post by SS_T » Mon, 13. Oct 14, 12:18

Working download link if anyone needs.

[ external image ]
New XDownloads: http://xdownloads.co.uk

ASSTEROIDS

Post by ASSTEROIDS » Wed, 25. May 16, 18:52

I get za_emp_blank_ware_custom_9 in split equipement docks when I install this script.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”