[script] Improved Races (r14 RC2 Available)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Wintermist
x3tc

Post by Wintermist » Tue, 7. Jul 09, 07:16

You're a fast worker :D Thanks!

Oh and by the way, this doesn't in any way interfere with MARS, does it? I don't think it would, but might as well ask as I'm no modding guru.

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Tue, 7. Jul 09, 07:31

Wintermist wrote:You're a fast worker :D Thanks!

Oh and by the way, this doesn't in any way interfere with MARS, does it? I don't think it would, but might as well ask as I'm no modding guru.
Interfere? with mars? ...if you mean giving alot of targets to mars as interfering than it does :lol:

Seriously though, I test with MARS active so there should be no interference. However, I have not tried it with mars running on AI ships so I do not know how it works in that situation. Should be no problem though.

StealthElement
x3tc

Post by StealthElement » Tue, 7. Jul 09, 07:48

Jesus christ! I take a nap and now r4 is out?! :) You don't actually sleep, do you? I love it! I'll let you know how I get on with r4 in an edit to this post.

Seriously, you're working fast, this is already my favourite script and it keeps getting cooler.
All of this has happened before, all of this will happen again

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Tue, 7. Jul 09, 08:13

StealthElement wrote:Jesus christ! I take a nap and now r4 is out?! :) You don't actually sleep, do you? I love it! I'll let you know how I get on with r4 in an edit to this post.

Seriously, you're working fast, this is already my favourite script and it keeps getting cooler.
Call it an emergency bug fix as it is only changes in 2 files and small ones at that...compared to the number of ATF that is a small thing :roll:

No new feaures or anything...took all of 20 minutes to write and test.

There may be an r6 to finish up the statistics module, then on to pirates or yaki for a while while I let everyone see what other bugs I left for them :fg:

Code: Select all

skip if not $player.name='someone else'
  =[THIS]->call script 'plugin.ir.k.spawn': target=[PLAYERSHIP] mode override=4
:roll: :roll: :roll:

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Tue, 7. Jul 09, 11:34

:rofl: :rofl: no comments more than incontrollable laugh :rofl: :rofl:

maybe you can make it as a on/off (optional) feature, or we will force other people here to call themselves "someone else"!! :lol:
Trade, Fight, Build, Think, Modify.
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock
SIDE/TOP/FRONT Ship Size Comparison
Remember young Padawan: money stolen can be, time cannot.

Cronos988
x3tc

Post by Cronos988 » Tue, 7. Jul 09, 11:52

someone else wrote:

:rofl: :rofl: no comments more than incontrollable laugh :rofl: :rofl:

maybe you can make it as a on/off (optional) feature, or we will force other people here to call themselves "someone else"!! :lol:
Though I think the pun would be even funnier if there was a "skip if not":

You: "Why do I always get killed by a crazy force?"
7ate9tin11s: "I don't know... They do not attack the player by default, they usually attack someone else."

I'm still asking if you, 7ate9tin11s, have any intention to, at any time do something alsong the lines of what race patrols did. So giving race militaries a fixed strength and reinforcements.

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Tue, 7. Jul 09, 13:00

someone else wrote: maybe you can make it as a on/off (optional) feature, or we will force other people here to call themselves "someone else"!!
I am afraid I have to pick on you...my online name was 'someone else' several years ago sooo... :lol:

7ate9tin11s: "I don't know... They do not attack the player by default, they usually attack someone else."

I'm still asking if you, 7ate9tin11s, have any intention to, at any time do something alsong the lines of what race patrols did. So giving race militaries a fixed strength and reinforcements.
1. Read it again, it is skip if not :lol:

2. The only problem with that is that it requires a real mod and not just scripts. Once I start to mod files the scripts lose their compatability with alot of other mods. I will keep it in consideration, but right now it is a low priority compared to finishing up the yaki and pirates.

:skull: :skull: :skull:

For your viewing pleasure, Yaki options 1.0:

Improved Yaki Options
Improved Yaki: Easy...
Sector Takeover: Enabled...
Gate - LT Array: Enabled...
Gate - Fighter Squads: Enabled...
Gate - Tracker Mines: Enabled...
Gate - Installations: Enabled...
Gate - Asteroids: Enabled...
Gate - Drone Defenses: Enabled...
Sector Map Hackers: Enabled...
Marine Boarding: Enabled...
Plot Protection: Enabled...
Racial Counterstrikes: Balanced...
Notifications: All...

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 7. Jul 09, 18:33

Gate - Asteroids: Enabled...

Huh? ...do you mean that Yaki use asteroids to block the gates ? or something like that ? (I'm afraid it wouldn't work well in OOS).

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 7. Jul 09, 22:36

Hi,

Just trying this out (r4) as loved Improved Xenon and Improved Kha'ak for Reunion.

Not been running for that long and have spotted an issue.

When bringing up the menu, under 'Improved Xenon Options...' I see
0 sectors taken over -
Counterstrikes
25 ships lead by Woden in null

This had earlier read 'Asteroid Belt' and I think started from 'The Moon'. It used to also say a destination sector of X5nn can't recall the exact one. I've not actually explored further than Asteroid Belt in Terran space yet as did humble merchant start.

My options are 'normal' difficulty (for both), Kha'ak P2P jumps OFF and NO sector takeover (again for both) - all other settings are default.

Gonna keep playing to see if the null updates.

Cheers,

Scoob.

Cronos988
x3tc

Post by Cronos988 » Tue, 7. Jul 09, 23:04

7ate9tin11s wrote:[

1. Read it again, it is skip if not :lol:

2. The only problem with that is that it requires a real mod and not just scripts. Once I start to mod files the scripts lose their compatability with alot of other mods. I will keep it in consideration, but right now it is a low priority compared to finishing up the yaki and pirates.
1. Heh, looks like I got this wrong ;).

2. Yeah, messing around with the jobs can be problematic, I understand that. How about just limiting script created forces for now? So leave the normal race ships as they are and just limit the number of counterstrike and invasion forces.
That would still be effective as the normal military is just far to scattered to hold off Xenon or Khaak invasions. That means a restriction only for script created ships would suffice as long as a race has some sectors left where ships can respawn. The last 2 Sectors or so would be unkillable due to instant respawn but well, thats only 2 sectors per race.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 8. Jul 09, 00:23

Hi,

After several hours of gameplay (including some SETA) those 25 ships are still on their way to 'null'.

Cheers,

Scoob.

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Wed, 8. Jul 09, 01:01

Scoob wrote:Hi,

After several hours of gameplay (including some SETA) those 25 ships are still on their way to 'null'.

Cheers,

Scoob.
I will look into it, the null should be their current location.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 8. Jul 09, 01:17

Hi,

Yes I had seen it with a proper value initially, thanks for investigating.

One more thing... I decided to try the 'Clean up' option having disabled both improved Kha'ak and Xenon and for the past half hour plus I've been seeing the 'Improved Races: Cleaning ATF - n remain' message. I counts down to 1, disappears then comes back a few moments later & repeats.

Do you think it's having problems cleaning those ships in null??

I'm hesitant to reactivate as your instructions say to wait til this has finished.

Incidentally that 'null' message is still there despite the clean up having been running for a while - sounds like they're linked to me, but what do I know Lol.

Thanks for your work on this, great script...haven't had to jump to another gate so often to survive in ages :)

Cheers,

Scoob.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Wed, 8. Jul 09, 03:05

Improved Races: Cleaning ATF - 10500 remain

:lol:

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Wed, 8. Jul 09, 03:29

ThisIsHarsh wrote:Improved Races: Cleaning ATF - 10500 remain
and yet your system has not come to a standstill...even I am impressed with how little processing power the invasion script takes :o

working on r5 now...should fix any remaining null issues...and the Yaki will be able to do one thing now if you want them too...yaki are not stable yet so use at your own risk.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Wed, 8. Jul 09, 05:03

One or two small suggestions for the invasion messages.

- I am hated by the Split, yet they still send me messages about trying to retake a Xenon sector. Perhaps a good idea to only report invasions to players who have good relations (or even better, a police license).

- I get invasion notices for sectors I have not even discovered yet. IMO you should only get notices for sectors you have discovered (and preferably only if you have property in the battle group's sector).

I wrote a fairly simple script, Invasion warnings, for the built-in race skirmishes. Some options similar to those for your plugin would be cool (feel free to use any code from that if you want).

SpenzOT
xr

Post by SpenzOT » Wed, 8. Jul 09, 05:50

Superb mod! I have 2 minor problems though:

1. Terran and ATF attack forces spawn with many of their capital ships armed to the hilt with M/AM launchers...but no ammo to shoot from them. So a big bad odin flies in and is ripped apart because it has nothing but its shields and fighters to defend itself with.

2. *edit again* well it seems that my reading comprehension needs a little work. I second the post above. There needs to be some sort of distress signal that indicates that a sector is under attack. Maybe even some monetary reward for successfully defending a sector.

With 15 sectors taken by the Kha'ak, and 0 by the Xenon, I would say that I have a serious infestation that I doubt I will be able to stop. The xenon are trying, but the ATF always spoils their fun (maybe they shouldn't have set Omicron Lyre as their target).

*Edit* I am also getting the endless cleanup thingy as well. Cleanup starts but never ends. It just keeps going on and on. Reverts all sectors and stuff, but it doesn't kill the counterstrike fleets. It tries but just keeps looping.
Last edited by SpenzOT on Wed, 8. Jul 09, 08:51, edited 1 time in total.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Wed, 8. Jul 09, 07:48

Another request:

Could you make it so that the Khaak are a bit more focussed? By that I mean it seems every other sector has some Khaak in it, but generally just a small force. I've only just started a game and even on Easy mode the Khaak are destroying my freighters left right and centre. It would be better IMO if the Khaak used all their strength to take a couple of sectors, rather than spreading out over many many sectors.

EDIT: I disabled the Khaak and I keep getting the subtitle "Cleaning Sector M148" reappearing every few seconds, counting down to 1, then going away.

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Wed, 8. Jul 09, 07:58

SpenzOT wrote:1. Terran and ATF attack forces spawn with many of their capital ships armed to the hilt with M/AM launchers...but no ammo to shoot from them. So a big bad odin flies in and is ripped apart because it has nothing but its shields and fighters to defend itself with.
:oops:
I always forget about the ammo based weapons...
SpenzOT wrote:*Edit* I am also getting the endless cleanup thingy as well. Cleanup starts but never ends. It just keeps going on and on. Reverts all sectors and stuff, but it doesn't kill the counterstrike fleets. It tries but just keeps looping.
I think it is fixed in the new version I am testing, ran into a different problem though in long duration testing that has to be taken care of first.
ThisIsHarsh wrote:- I am hated by the Split, yet they still send me messages about trying to retake a Xenon sector. Perhaps a good idea to only report invasions to players who have good relations (or even better, a police license).
I was fairly sure that I check to see if your an enemy to the station building the assault force. Now that I think about it though, you are not listed as an enemy to a station even if the race hates you :shock:

As for the sector lost reports, I assume those are a general broadcast. A public service, if you will :lol:
ThisIsHarsh wrote:- I get invasion notices for sectors I have not even discovered yet. IMO you should only get notices for sectors you have discovered (and preferably only if you have property in the battle group's sector).
I am of two minds on this one. For one, why would a broadcast message care if you had discovered the sector? They would still have sent the message to the rest of the universe. On the other hand, perhaps your ship computer just decides the message is spam since the sector does not exist? :spam: ??? :lol:

As for more options on the invasions? Maybe, right now the statistics module in the menu is getting powerful enough to cover most everything. The only thing I 'hide' are current invasions...but I may drop those in eventually too (will require some reworking of the al module).

So in other news, the current test run failed so it will be a while before you get a new version. However, the Yaki Hikari-class lasertower arrays are a wonderful...and terrifying sight...they eat m2s when in sector (insane mode)...but get wiped out when OOS. I will have to work on the OOS code.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Wed, 8. Jul 09, 08:13

7ate9tin11s wrote: As for the sector lost reports, I assume those are a general broadcast. A public service, if you will :lol:
ThisIsHarsh wrote:- I get invasion notices for sectors I have not even discovered yet. IMO you should only get notices for sectors you have discovered (and preferably only if you have property in the battle group's sector).
I am of two minds on this one. For one, why would a broadcast message care if you had discovered the sector? They would still have sent the message to the rest of the universe. On the other hand, perhaps your ship computer just decides the message is spam since the sector does not exist? :spam: ??? :lol:
I dunno, broadcasting a message to every (friendly) ship in the entire galaxy just seems a bit over the top to me. Makes more sense to broadcast it to the pertinent sector(s), then if you happen to have property in the sector it can relay the message to you. Also if you have good relations (or a police license) then it makes sense if they request help for/against invasions. I'm sure others would disagree, but it would be good to have as an option...

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”