[AL-PLUGIN] Race Invasions v1.0a - 23.06.09

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Yacek
x3tc

Post by Yacek » Thu, 25. Jun 09, 10:36

My language is polish the game.
TG Ships to polish names.
DF Ships to English names.
This can be improved somehow?

PS. Polish translation: http://www.mamut.m5.pl/pobierz_plik_133 ... pl-v2.html
X3:AP 3.1+XRM 1.30d+MSP 1.7+LoCo 2.01+IR 2.0
Zapraszamy wszystkich chętnych na forum XUDB, gdzie znajdziesz FAQ, opisy skryptów, modów i fabuł, oraz Mamut HQ.
[ external image ]

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Thu, 25. Jun 09, 10:42

Yacek wrote:My language is polish the game.
TG Ships to polish names.
DF Ships to English names.
This can be improved somehow?

PS. Polish translation: http://www.mamut.m5.pl/pobierz_plik_133 ... pl-v2.html

You mean you translated the T-files to Polish? I visited that web-page, but I did not find anywhere to download. My comprehension of Polish is limited to say 'Good day' so I did not understand much from reading there :)

Yacek
x3tc

Post by Yacek » Thu, 25. Jun 09, 11:07

OK. I know what the problem. I thought that the ships DF script creates dynamically as vessels TG. Meanwhile, I have entered into "rigid" in the script.
Zapraszamy wszystkich chętnych na forum XUDB, gdzie znajdziesz FAQ, opisy skryptów, modów i fabuł, oraz Mamut HQ.
[ external image ]

Yacek
x3tc

Post by Yacek » Mon, 29. Jun 09, 11:44

xiriod wrote:
Yacek wrote: PS. Polish translation: http://www.mamut.m5.pl/pobierz_plik_133 ... pl-v2.html

You mean you translated the T-files to Polish?
Yes.
[ external image ]

SNav
x3tc

Post by SNav » Mon, 29. Jun 09, 13:03

Do you think that RRF (http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=233908) is the same and if not why ?

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Mon, 29. Jun 09, 14:17

SNav wrote:Do you think that RRF (http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=233908) is the same and if not why ?

That script have more features and thus more complex. My script is simple and add some battles to an otherwise quiet universe. This is what I wanted, and that's what I did. So you choose which one suits you best :) I played LV's script earlier and it is a good script. It was just more than I wanted myself.

There's been a few hints to when I will continue to work on this script. The answer is as soon as it rains, or the temperature drops. It's been too hot here these days to sit inside. I bought a cheap air condition but it made too much noise and thus defeated its purpose since I could not think then either ;) So I had to return it.

StealthElement
x3tc

Post by StealthElement » Sat, 4. Jul 09, 06:27

xiriod just to check - you don't have races taking over sectors in this, right? Because that is a feature in both conflicts and RRF, and they both seem to have problems where they screw up the stations that the new race respawns. :o Screws them all up so that they have 0 stock of everything permanently as far as I can tell. It MIGHT be that they eventually get stocks back, but the actual TYPE of stock changes too... It's a real game-breaker if it screws up a shipyard, or EQ dock, or a station selling salv insurance or JD or teleporter device... which always happens, quickly :evil:

Which is why I'm using your script and not theirs :D
All of this has happened before, all of this will happen again

Raumkraut93
x3tc

Post by Raumkraut93 » Sat, 4. Jul 09, 07:26

Hi ive a short question

Is there a message or something like that if there is an invasion starting? Because it would be very annoying if you wait 2 days for an invasion and then you miss it because you don't find the sector :wink:

If not, can I use this script or doesn't it receive your invasions?

PS: Hope this works together with Khaak Invasions?
"Dies ist alles, was ich über den Krieg weiss: Einer gewinnt, einer verliert
und nichts ist nachher so
wie es vorher war."

"Stellt eure Truppen auf, oh große Generäle,
Der Preis des Sieges übersteigt den Preis der Niederlage."

Yacek
x3tc

Post by Yacek » Sat, 4. Jul 09, 08:34

Raumkraut93 wrote:PS: Hope this works together with Khaak Invasions?
Yes :)
[ external image ]

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Sat, 4. Jul 09, 10:44

@StealthElement

Yes, my script does not have any sector take-overs and probably will not have in future. At best, perhaps as an add-on. But that is far in to the future. I did not want to include it because of the problems you mentioned as well, and that I only wanted to view and fight some more battles. And let the universe look more alive, in a simple made way.

@Raumkraut93

You will get a message, first a notice down left on-screen and then it is logged to your Log just in case you miss it. So check logs too. I am not sure if Invasions Warnings work together with it as I never tried that script, but please report if it does :)

Kha'ak Invasions do work together with it, and I will work on a somewhat different but same version of it that will fit even better with this later on.

As soon as the temperature drops here, I will start working a bit on the script again. It is so hot here. Mostly aesthetically things at first though. :)

F.A.B.

Post by F.A.B. » Thu, 9. Jul 09, 18:23

sounds great - i'll give it a spin today!
best,
F.A.B.

ShadowWolf_Kell
x3tc

Post by ShadowWolf_Kell » Thu, 9. Jul 09, 19:43

I've been waiting for something like this for quite awhile, for the very reasons that you made it.

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Fri, 10. Jul 09, 00:49

ShadowWolf_Kell wrote:I've been waiting for something like this for quite awhile, for the very reasons that you made it.
I'm very happy people like it, and it's been downloaded 163 times already :)

The weather is cooler now, so I hope to get some polishing done during the weekend! Now it's way past my bedtime, and work in 6 hours!

jjz-
x3tc

Post by jjz- » Fri, 10. Jul 09, 01:01

xiriod, is there a way I can disable race invasions sending messages to me? I don't mind it doing the subtitles; however, I leave SETA on at night sometimes, and it is tedious to have to go through 40 invasion messages.

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Fri, 10. Jul 09, 07:34

jjz- wrote:xiriod, is there a way I can disable race invasions sending messages to me? I don't mind it doing the subtitles; however, I leave SETA on at night sometimes, and it is tedious to have to go through 40 invasion messages.
Yes, but you'd have to go in to the code and look for the write to logbook command and just delete that line really, that should work :) For all the races of course.

K1ll3rm4x
x3tc

Post by K1ll3rm4x » Fri, 24. Jul 09, 02:43

First of all i want to congratulate you to this great Plugin but...
I've got a problem

My Game-language is German:
After I installed the files in the zip folder I played some time and got the boardermessage that an argon invasion is going on. I checked the incoming message and got only this Error: First Try + Second Try
I dont know why this happen because the 7906-L049 to 7911-L049 files are all in the t folder as they should be. Does anyone know what i could to to solve this?
It's really annoying to know an invasion is going on but without having an idea where this could be :evil:

*Also tried the SPK-File with the Plugin Manager with the same result*

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Fri, 24. Jul 09, 16:45

To be honest I have no experience with foreign language files, as it was not I who made them. I just made them available as per request. I think, or at least I guess, he tried them before he presented them here. Seems strange though.

Feuerriese
x4

Post by Feuerriese » Fri, 24. Jul 09, 18:42

Delete the German files, rename the English ones to match your game language (don't forget to set their language ID to 49) and you should be good to go. Happy hunting :wink:

Sunrayn

Post by Sunrayn » Mon, 27. Jul 09, 00:33

One question.

Will this actually lower race relations enough so that, say, a Boron freight hauler will be in actual danger of being shot down trying to trade at a split factory?

Always thought it was kind of dumb seeing Boron ships tooling around Split core sectors like they were best of buds, or, Argon ships dropping by Paranid Prime and the local Paranid military just waves at them.

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Mon, 27. Jul 09, 15:44

Sunrayn wrote:One question.

Will this actually lower race relations enough so that, say, a Boron freight hauler will be in actual danger of being shot down trying to trade at a split factory?

Always thought it was kind of dumb seeing Boron ships tooling around Split core sectors like they were best of buds, or, Argon ships dropping by Paranid Prime and the local Paranid military just waves at them.
Not by default, as far as I know, though. I thought about including it, but that would literally mean all Boron TS would be killed in Split space and such. I have this in my own game, and I have not seen any bad effects of it. But I was advised against it as it could imbalance the trade market.

If people want me to enable hatred, I could release it as a simpled add-on mod as optional download with ease :)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”