[SCRIPT] MK3 Trading Log (plus MK3 Technical Datasheet)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Kazantia
x4

logging for trade command software mk3

Post by Kazantia » Thu, 7. Jan 10, 16:28

hey all,

i am playing X3TC for a while now and bought me that autotrader mK3
i enabled the logging and all logging is wotking fine, except one (the jump log)

i know fom X3R hat that logging worked fine but now in X3TC it displaus NULL for the fuel it used and for the Fuelonboard

is this a bug in the script?
I hope someone can help me or solve this, i want to know what my ship is costing me to trade

i am playing X3TC version 2.5

Greetz Kazi

{Merged/tidied (to here) - Carlo}

Kazantia
x4

Post by Kazantia » Thu, 7. Jan 10, 23:43

i have no mods or whatever installed even no additional scripts.

Is there anyone who also uses the logging option?
if so please let me know if you have the same problem as i have

I know from the past that X3R didn't had that problem!

i am writing a parser that will put all these things in a database and calculate the real profit for the ships
hopefully i wil be able to put them one day online

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Fri, 8. Jan 10, 19:51

At the actual topic: The "null"-entries look like a bug, though I am currently not able to fix any script bugs at that level. To fix it, you have to find a scripter to find and solve the problem (most likely a simple variable error); otherwise you just have to live with it.

At the question why the topic on the trader logging is posted in S&M: The debug log is not meant to be used for other purposes than debug logging. The logging functionality is inside the MK3 software (which is why this plugin doesn't create a *modified*), but is still activated by a script, there are bugs, and the installation process is not always easy - these properties make it more S&M than X-U.

STL

As for the merge: This topic would actually be a good destination.

festa_freak
x3tc

Post by festa_freak » Sat, 16. Jan 10, 06:43

I seem to have a little trouble :S

I get an error message.

Here is what I did:

1) turned logging on.
2) played game.
3) about an hour later I alt-tabbed and clicked create_stats.
4) clicked view_stats and got this vvv

Code: Select all

XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
Location: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Steam/steamapps/common/x3%20terran%20conflict/trader/files/x2trader.xml
Line Number 12601, Column 76:<attack ship="UT 1" sector="Unknown Sector" attacker="Unknown Object" ID=" <invalid>HP-11" escapestation="Free Argon Trading Station(Nathan's Voyage)" />
---------------------------------------------------------------------------^
Do i have to do this out of the game? Quit completely, then create stats? This appears in the .xml that opens in firefox.

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Sat, 10. Apr 10, 23:00

Looks like the "<invalid>"-tag is a problem. You have to remove that from the original log file (with notepad/any editor, search for that string and delete it), or clear the log.

xeranes
x3tc

Post by xeranes » Fri, 21. May 10, 01:48

I have a similar problem, i get

Code: Select all

The XML page cannot be displayed 
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Required white space was missing. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/x3 terra...

<expense ship="Your Caiman Super Freighter" type="item" number="12" ware="Cargo Bay Extension" station="Teladi Trading St...

ADStryker
x3tc

Post by ADStryker » Wed, 9. Jun 10, 07:09

I get similar errors. However, given the atrociously slow scrolling speed of the XML display in Internet Explorer, I find that it is faster to search through the log file for the information I want using Notepad.
PSCO1 Cockpits | lowpolyroids-2.04 | Satellite Early Warning Network | Station Camper | Universal Best Buys/Sells | Invasion Warnings | ResizedAldrinBigRock | Equipment R&D | Lowpoly Complex Tubes | Mobile Ship Repairs | Player Workshop | Marauder Shipyard

hartza76
x4

Post by hartza76 » Sun, 5. Sep 10, 19:34

hi i dont have as problem but i cant clear the logs:

Situation:

re-installed game, reverted back to vanilla used loging on feature on game days 9-10a bout, worked fine

installation was--> unzip trader to x3tc folder --> use loging on.bat-->

clear stats--> used create stats--> viewed stats.. there are still my old information.

and should be basicaly noting jet cos game was runing like 2mins when used that and is in game day 8 where i started use few mods.

Edit:
acually found the not reseting the traders log, change the odd german verion of documents in setup file to english documents :)
If a girl seems as shy as a mouse, you still have to look out for the tiger within her.

MetroWolf
x3tc

Post by MetroWolf » Wed, 29. Dec 10, 05:33

I just installed this Log Script as stated in this form. The only data I am seeing is a time stamp, no other data is present on line then another time stamp with no other data. The time stamp seems to correlate to the time I run create.stats. All files are located as described in this posting. I am able to view the XML via a Firefox browser. I am a Steam Client user on Windows 7 (64).

:x3: Found the solution for my issue in another post! Thanks for posting Hamakua! :x3:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... c&start=45

Carl99
x3tc

Post by Carl99 » Sat, 1. Jan 11, 20:00

The clear log .bat does not appear to work for me. What do i need to do to manually clear a log?

xavim

Post by xavim » Fri, 28. Jan 11, 03:32

edit- fixed.
Last edited by xavim on Fri, 28. Jan 11, 19:48, edited 1 time in total.

Excelsior82
x4

Post by Excelsior82 » Fri, 28. Jan 11, 13:31

If you experience problems with .bat files, edit them with notepad and check if the paths are correct. From memory, I think I recall all paths are hard-coded in the bat.

The problem is that the files the bat looks for is in your "My Documents" folder and its name is not the same whether of your location and your OS version, etc...
The same apply if the log generated is empty, you shall edit create.stats.bat

To Xavim : You shall unpack the trading log pack in the folder trader of your X3 game. This means you may have to create it.

bruteman
x3tc

Post by bruteman » Sun, 10. Apr 11, 03:35

Im stuck like the guy above if i open the XML or the HTML in Chrome or IE9 all i get is a blank page.

now i have viewed it in my XML editor it appears to be fine no errors and the xls output is showing up there but to view it full in IE or Chrome its just a blank page... anyone else find a fix on this?

doczott
x3

Post by doczott » Wed, 13. Apr 11, 22:29

Like the guy above, I get a blank screen in Chrome. I can view it in IE8, but I don't use IE (piece of garbage).

cobra mk2
x4

Post by cobra mk2 » Wed, 1. Jun 11, 22:16

I'm having problems with this as well, i've tried all the suggestions made above but nothing worked.

My problem is that there is no 'files' folder being created inside my trader folder. When i click on the logging_on and the create_stats file the cmd window pops up very briefly with the message "the system cannot find the path specified"

Do i need to edit the .bat files? If so, what should i change in them?

I am running a steam install on win 7 64bit.
"Out of the dirt, into the sky"

GalenEvil

Java Application Extension to the trade log

Post by GalenEvil » Wed, 22. Jun 11, 22:14

Hi I am new to these forums, though I have been playing x3tc since around last Christmas. I came across this script when I wanted to simulate a company within the game and track every trade by my various traders... but I still have found it a little limiting.
After getting into my third day of the game, I have roughly 13 mk3 traders and about 2500 entries in the log. This is where it starts to be limiting, as there is no inherent way to sort the data. And it takes a while to sift through all of the data to find what I want to look at.
So I havecome up with my own solution to my problem, a Java application! What I want it to do is sort all of the log into different categories: day, ship, and ware traded. I have it working decently for me so far with only a few errors.
At the moment ittakes around ten seconds to sort out the 2500 entries and display all data in the sorted lists.
Something I would like to know is whether, once I get the program running with full functionality and a GUI component, others would like me to modify it for distribution. The main conceivable holdback so far to this is modifying it to work with usernames, but shouldn't take much time for me to overcome.

If anyone, especially the OP, would comment on this idea I would be most appreciative.

--GalenEvil

ni0s
x3tc

Post by ni0s » Tue, 12. Jul 11, 06:03

I'm surprised no one else has posted. This looks like a great idea. While I barely have a log yet as I started a new game, I would love to use your sorting program.
Neutral Intergalactic Order — Providing a specialized agent for your universe-saving/destroying needs.

ransombot
x3tc

Chrome security

Post by ransombot » Wed, 13. Jul 11, 16:31

Chrome has some security settings that won't let this function properly however IE and FF should work fine in viewing see issues:

http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issue ... l?id=39616

http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issue ... l?id=47416

They do not affect it being viewable however if you host it on a (L|W)AMP though that's another topic entirely.

Grate information and scripts though.

I'd also advise those in firefox making sure they are using the latest version since if you use help -> update it won't update major versions only minor see: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/products/download.html and compare it to the help -> about version.

GalenEvil

Post by GalenEvil » Sun, 17. Jul 11, 00:50

ni0s wrote:I'm surprised no one else has posted. This looks like a great idea. While I barely have a log yet as I started a new game, I would love to use your sorting program.
Just now got around to looking at this thread again. The sorter is not quite ready for distro as I am rewriting the sorting engine and making it more user friendly and with more graphical data being displayed in graphs. Once I get an alpha stage ready for distro I will be putting up a [wip] topic for it so people can test it. Thanks for showing an interest!

--GalenEvil

Jenno
x3

Post by Jenno » Mon, 18. Jul 11, 19:43

My clear_log doesn't work and logging_off doesn't work either. Seems like the mod gave up on this thread long ago. Anyone else can help? It takes like a min to load up when i view_stats due to all those info. Perhaps I can just delete the place it's reading the info from; where is it? I am a steam account user on win7 64-bit.

Edit: Found it. The clear log path was wrong, just had to change
"%userprofile%\Eigene Dateien\Egosoft\X3TC\log01500.txt"

to

"%userprofile%\My Documents\Egosoft\X3TC\log01500.txt"

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”