[SCRIPT] Advanced Navigation Software V1.20 : 2010/08/10

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

SirCandi
x3tc

Post by SirCandi » Sat, 23. Jan 10, 17:48

Well consider that tested if you had not.

Worked just fine.

Nice job.

Cheers

SirCandi

Lit
x3

Post by Lit » Sun, 24. Jan 10, 11:41

Please, fix a link to AdvancedNavigationSoftware-V1.11-16.01.2010.spk on a first page.

I install V1.11 using latest PM 1.10 and Advanced Navigation Software added in game as freight.
***modified***

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 24. Jan 10, 12:14

the first page is updated.

All emp/custom wares are added as freight.

this is because scripts/mods have no way of telling the game that its a ship extension, this is hardcoded, and limited to the built in wares in the game

marcusdavidus
x2

Post by marcusdavidus » Thu, 11. Feb 10, 00:15

Is there a way to bind specyfic comands from your nav to keys ? like dock to under shift d cus is download it mostlyu for dock comp use . and now i need to click to dock so is pointless imho

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 11. Feb 10, 21:40

when i get chance im going to make an addon that replaces the games move scripts to make use of the advanced navigation.

this would mean any command used that moves the ship to a new sector, or docks will use Advanced nav instead

Brashin
x3ap

Post by Brashin » Thu, 25. Feb 10, 13:34

Hi Cycrow, Really like the script you created here.

On my personal ship (Caiman Hauler) I have a jumpdrive and docking computer with your Adv Nav SW as well as Nav SW mk1. When I choose, for example, an Ore factory to dock at to make a trade I select the factory from the best buy or sells locator and hit autodock. It still will not automatically use the docking computer when it is less than 5km away. However when I choose through the Adv Nav menu and choose something like "dock at nearest shipyard" it will auto use the docking computer. Is there a way to make the adv nav work when docking to a factory that is not like the default ones listed. I can't remember, however it might auto use the docking computer when I go through the adv nav menu and click "dock at station/carrier" then select the ore factory, however that takes more clicks then just going to best buy/sell and selecting the factory to autodock to.

Is there anything I can do/or am I doing something wrong to make it use the docking computer ever time I select autodock? Thanks

Also another question. I loaded a Toucan with Adv Nav, Nav SW, jumpdrive and dock computer, plus like 700 e-cells . I also have it set to autojump = yes, jumps = 0, refuel = 5. It was stationed in Home of Light I gave it the command from adv nav to "dock at station/carrier" at the Paranid Prime Equip dock. Thinking it was going to use the jumpdrive to get there, however the toucan decided to fly through the warp gates. in the info menu for the Toucan it said using Adv Nav, so I'm not sure why it didnt auto jump. I had to first tell it to "jump to sector" then I had to go to Adv Nav after it made the jump and tell it to dock at nearest Equipment dock.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 25. Feb 10, 20:29

when i get chance to, the new version will be able to override all the standard commands to use the advanced nav instead, so any normal dock command will then use the docking computer.

as for the autojump, thats not currently implemented into the advanced nav yet, it will be in the next version

EnoVation
x4

Post by EnoVation » Mon, 1. Mar 10, 11:10

hi cycrow. first, cheers for this script :D
just one problem. if i black list a sector, it seems to have no effect. i.e. i set a freighter to sell ware for best price. set up ship profile to blacklist xenon 347. said ship still trys to continue to go through x347 to reach IZ. so i blacklist IZ as well, however ship is still trying to go to IZ to sell ware. do certain ship cmds simply override adv nav, or am i doing something wrong? im fairly sure i haven't made any stupid mistakes such as not putting the software in the ship :P
cheers

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 1. Mar 10, 13:43

Currently the blacklist sectors will only work when controlling the ship via the advanced nav menu

The next version will replace the existing movement scripts to use advanced nav for all commands

Liath
x4

Post by Liath » Thu, 11. Mar 10, 15:20

Hey Cycrow, just a quick question:

When using the new plugin manager, that includes it's own ware manager, do we still need EMP? Seems that in the Plugin Manager thread you are kinda saying that EMP is not necessary...

Also, might want to update thread to change link to old TC manager to new one, and edit/remove any requirements.
If I seem super-critical lately, it's due to having played X2 and X3, which were awesome games. X:R's release was a hard fail, however there *were* improvements, especially with stations, capitals, and capturing/boarding. X4 right now feels like the best parts of X2/3 and Rebirth all got thrown out the friggin window. I'm honestly hopeful that X4 will turn out awesome, but I'm already hugely disappointed in ES as I have seen them do better and really expect more from them.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 11. Mar 10, 15:37

with the latest version, u no longer need EMP, it will be generated automatically for you.

i have a few links to update at some point, but i plan to bring out a new version of this with some added features, so i will update the links then

Liath
x4

Post by Liath » Thu, 11. Mar 10, 17:52

So if a script says 'needs EMP', then I can ignore that?

Just makign sure since I'm downloading a bunch of stuff now :P One of your scripts even has EMP listed as a requirement.
If I seem super-critical lately, it's due to having played X2 and X3, which were awesome games. X:R's release was a hard fail, however there *were* improvements, especially with stations, capitals, and capturing/boarding. X4 right now feels like the best parts of X2/3 and Rebirth all got thrown out the friggin window. I'm honestly hopeful that X4 will turn out awesome, but I'm already hugely disappointed in ES as I have seen them do better and really expect more from them.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 11. Mar 10, 17:56

Liath wrote:So if a script says 'needs EMP', then I can ignore that?

Just makign sure since I'm downloading a bunch of stuff now :P One of your scripts even has EMP listed as a requirement.
yeah thats correct

most of mine that list it, just havn't been altered since the new plugin manager

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Sat, 1. May 10, 00:35

I've been playing around with this for a while now and have some feedback.

1. EDIT: Auto docking for player ship takes time because the ship want to make a full stop before using the Docking computer - thus it takes very long for ships that are slow to deaccelerate. But it seems it slows even slower than the deacceleration of the ship would allow, but I could be wrong since I haven't timed it. END EDIT - The automatic docking when you got a docking computer takes too long. If I am using the command dock to station in the "player" ship it slowly slows down when it nears the station (about the 4km docking limit) and slowly slowly crawls forward. Takes a loooong time.... then it docks *poof* ;)

2. EDIT - I installed Gazz docking fix now so this should sort itself out I hope. It looks like your script calls the normal !move.movetostation? If that is the case Gazz fix will hopefully kick in docking first. Does your script go somewhere else when it has a Docking computer installed in ship and not use the vanilla scripts? END EDIT - Watching ships OOS and it seems to take a very long time to dock there too (ships got the docking ware). But I only watched this sporadically - but they were closer than the 4km limit and still nothing happened.

3. If/when you incorporate jumping possibility could you retain the option of still flying? There are times when you want to pass through the sectors to your target - whether it be the player ship or an AI controlled one.

4. I must still test the black listing function. Sometimes I don't really know why the ship refuses to move, there seem to be a clear path. Maybe an "Alert" when there is no path found?

Cheers!
Projects:
Onhold..... time time....

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 1. Jul 10, 00:04

New Update: 1.12

Fixed ware references for newest version of EMP

Alexfighter

Post by Alexfighter » Fri, 2. Jul 10, 00:27

Hi, it's still not working for me. When I opened the menu it showed "Missing Software: ZA_EMP_BLANK....etc"

To show you how careful I was:

I reinstalled the game from scratch, updated to latest patch, put the plugin manager in Modified to activate its EMP.

Then I started a new game, activated Thereshallbewings and saved the game.

I exited and installed the prerequisites of Advanced Navigation Software, loaded savegame and saved.

Then I exited again and installed this scripts and loaded the game again. I open the Advanced Navigation Menu and it showed the ZA_EMP_BLANK_WARE_13_9 (I think that was the number).

Am I missing something? Everyone else has it working ok?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 2. Jul 10, 02:05

what version of the plugin manager are you currently running, and what version of the spk libraries do u have installed ?

the version for both is found on the help/about option in the plugin manager

Alexfighter

Post by Alexfighter » Fri, 2. Jul 10, 12:25

Well, I downloaded latest version of Plugin Manager (1.20) . However, can you tell me what version should appear in both, so that I can quickly check if I'm ok right when I get back home?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 2. Jul 10, 14:12

1.20 for the plugin manager lite
And 1.41 for the libraries

Alexfighter

Post by Alexfighter » Fri, 2. Jul 10, 20:19

I don't know what happened. Versions where alright. However, with yet another uninstall + install now everything seems ok.

Thanks for your help anyway :)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”