ALERT! Version 1.4 of DDTC is available for download!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Thu, 8. Oct 09, 20:26

LV wrote:Mmmmmmm :)

I may be tempted to script some AI into into MY ships
Please fill your imperial size boots LV. :wink:

If anyone is qualified to be creative with significant artificial life it would be the force master. As has been previously demonstrated.

Mailo
x3

Post by Mailo » Thu, 8. Oct 09, 22:46

I've petitioned already to have the TIEs reclassified:

TIE Defender: M4 -> M3
TIE Interceptor: M5 -> M4
TIE Figher: new M5

Oh, and a TIE Bomber that ... bombs :D

So far I've been unsuccessful, but I haven't quite given up yet ;)
As a personal service to all who try to keep up with my professional work:
[ external image ]

My script: Shiploot v1.04 ... loot shipwrecks, collect different loot parts and upgrade your ships!
Mein Skript: Schiffswracks looten v1.04 ... Durchsuche Schiffswracks, sammle Lootteile und verbessere Deine Schiffe!

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Fri, 9. Oct 09, 00:46

Is the Y-Wing broke? I haven't seen any bug reports in the Beta Forums.

I had pretty much stopped doing Sci-Fi themed ships after the Firefly.

All the ships I've done in the last year or so have been custom models.

As for Star Wars ships, at this point, the mod has the Tie Interceptor, Tie Defender, B-Wing, X-Wing, Y-wing, A-Wing and ISD. I've also got a nice Tie Bomber mesh I finished awhile back, and of course the old stand-by Tie Fighter, but never bothered putting either of them into the mod. I also have a Slave 1 that's 90% complete....but I stopped work on it as it's kind of an ugly ship, and didn't seem to fit well into the "X" universe (IMHO).

Mailo's pretty close to convincing me on the Tie Bomber. Not really a "pretty" ships per se...but then as a bomber I guess it doesn't need to be :roll:

At the moment, I'm buried in MD code, and the Beta Testers are pretty hard at it just getting the final bugs shaken out, and correcting/revising the mission dialogs. Once that is done, and the 1st RC is in the hands of the testers, I may get back to doing a few more ships.

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Fri, 9. Oct 09, 02:26

What was the TIE Bomber in SW's armed with? ..to be as faithful as possible to the genre.

Moving the other TIE's up a class..i.e. TIE Defender from M4-->M3, might be a good idea, as M4's tend to have a pretty short lifespan in an XTC furball (what with all the PRG's, PBE's and other high-velocity weaponry).

But my initial instinct would be to just further incease TIE Defender's shielding as an M4+. Think of the OTAS Eurus, with 100Mj, but with an M4's pricetag. She then becomes a super-economical damage sponge, and a true 'defender' (or in X-speak, a 'sentinel'), rather than an interceptor.

Personally, I'm very attracted to the idea of a low cost and fast light or medium fighter with gobs of shielding, that can enter an engagement just before the M3/M3+'s, and draw all the fire of a party of hostiles. Leaving your own heavies free to do the killing. If you lose ships, they'll just be 1.5million M4+'s, not 6million M3+'s.

Back in DDRS for X3R, the Yaki Shuriken M5+ filled that role superbly--as did the vanilla Raijin M5, with a whopping 50Mj with ~350m/s speed. The only things that could really harm her were PBE's and Flaks. PSG's, MD's and IonD's were pretty rare..

But now in XTC we've got PRG's and PBG's to contend with, and they're pretty common. And PBE's seem a bit more common too. And these are weapons that make ship swiftness largely irrelevant. Which means that speed in a fighter is not nearly as useful as it was in X3R. Which means that shielding has become that much more important.

So would you prefer TIE Defender as a fast M4+ with 100-125Mj of shielding at 1.25 million...or would you prefer her with that shielding as a slower M3 at 3.5 million?

Mailo
x3

Post by Mailo » Fri, 9. Oct 09, 03:21

Since I can't sleep:

TIE Bomber:
2 laser cannons (wingmounted), 2 warhead launchers (second tube, next to pilot), shields and hyperdrive supposedly optional, never heard of that before.

TIE Defender:
4 laser cannons (on the wingtips of the two lower panels), 2 ion cannons (on the wingtips of the upper panel), 2 warhead launchers for concussion missiles and proton torpedos (on the bottom of the pilot module), comes with shields and hyperdrive.

TIE Interceptor:
older versions: 4 laser cannons (wingtips), no warhead launchers, shields or hyperdrive
newer versions: 4 blaster cannons (wingtips), 2 laser cannons (bottom of pilot module), shields optional, hyperdrive available if pilot is officer (I did not know that, hey, I learned something during my insomnia ... wonder if that will impress my boss tomorrow morning when I fall asleep in my office ...)

TIE Fighter:
2 laser cannons (bottom of pilot module), no shields, missiles or hyperdrive. Shields supposedly available as a later upgrade.
Trivia: TIE Fighters were supposed to be blue at first, this was changed when they became transparent due to the blue screen technique. The sound is a combination of an elephant's scream and a car on wet pavement.

And while I am at it, this one would make a nice looking M3+:
TIE Oppressor
2 laser cannons (bottom of pilot module), 3 warhead launchers (on the side of each of the three panels), has shields and hyperdrive.

As for your question, Hieronymos, I'd like to fly a TIE as a playership, and with the most powerful being an M4, that has rather limited applications. Price is a rather secondary concern, I'd fly it if it was 10 million ... especially if I could cap it *snicker* ;)
[ external image ]

My script: Shiploot v1.04 ... loot shipwrecks, collect different loot parts and upgrade your ships!
Mein Skript: Schiffswracks looten v1.04 ... Durchsuche Schiffswracks, sammle Lootteile und verbessere Deine Schiffe!

Matterom
x4

Post by Matterom » Fri, 9. Oct 09, 05:24

i was saying that the model itself is fine just the role and placement

here is the (ideal) stats

Y-wing Bomber

Class- small M8/ or M3

cargo bay 1000

Weapons

2 main guns (impulse,particle,phazerep)

1 turret 2 slots, top of ship( disruptor +above)

heavy armor heavy shields

This would also be nice but im more of a star-wars fan and this mod has given me hope of a star wars space battle i can participate in (hardcore veteran of all star wars space/and land games except gallexys).
the only star wars mod Ive seen here is in German and at alpha.01

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mon_Calamari_cruiser
My Mods:
Sector Administration: A Tax Mod

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Fri, 9. Oct 09, 23:27

@geekey265:
Y-Wing was the Rebel Alliance Bomber, right?
Crew of 2? Don't remember how many guns it had..or if it had turrets.

Making her into a bona-fide M8 would be a good idea, imo. She'd probably need to be resized upwards to work visually. In her M4 incarnation, she's pretty much useless..
How about:

Weapons: 4x Main lasers [IRE,PAC,PRG,MD,EBC]..v.weak weapons gen'r; no turret
Missles: M8 selection
Speed: 180m/s
Steering: 30rpm
Shielding: 50Mj
Hull: 6k
Cargo: 350L
Price: MCr. 2.75 (cheap!!!)

@Mailo:
1) TIE Bomber: it's assumed that your spec sketch on the x-forum is still what you'd like? Coupla ideas for "translating" the concept into the X-universe:

a) M8: she becomes M8 class:
2 Main lasers [IRE,PAC,HEPT,EBC..]
H.missles: Tomahawk, etc.
Speed: ? (I'm thinking reasonably fast; 160m/s)
Steering: sluggish..~10rpm
Shielding: 100-125Mj
Hull: 20k (considering her frail-ish hullform, it doesn't seem right to give her more than blockier ships like Hammer, or even Outrider YT-2400)
Cargo: 220M
Price: MCr. 6.5

b) Uber-Jager Gunship (M3+):
2 Gauss Cannon--only
Missles: perhaps just some lighter varieties like Wasp, Dragonfly, Silkworm
Speed: 150m/s
Steering: 8.5rpm
Shielding: 75-125Mj
Hull: 22.5k
Cargo: 140XL (just enough for 2x GC, ammo, some missles)
Price: MCr. 6.5
Comments: This could be an extremely potent ship in IS fleet engagements vs. Capital ships/M7's.

2) Which specific TIE fighter model would you prefer as M3?

3) Re: TIE Defender's SW weapon mix: as you know, having 2 separate classes of weapons in Main battery is not possible/practicable.

4) Also: due to missle-rich XTC combat enviornment, M4+ and greater of any race really require back anti-missle turrets to survive...How would back turrets be added to TIE fighters, without ruining their authenticity?

5) From the Millenium Falcon vs. 4 TIE Fighters scene in Star Wars, I'd really gotten the idea that they were lightly shielded, but super-fast M5's or M4's.

Mailo
x3

Post by Mailo » Sat, 10. Oct 09, 02:00

1) I'd strongly tend to option b), as a) would just make it yet another missile throwing ship ... I'd say we got enough of those.

2) TIE Defender with 8 gun mounts (6 wingtips + 2 below cockpit) or Oppressor with 10 mounts (two below cockpit + 2 each tacked onto the outside of each panel in the middle). The defender is probably better known, the Oppressor was only present in the MMORPG Star Wars Galaxies. I like both, actually ... had a painting of the Oppressor in my house in SWG.

3) I know, I just typed Star Wars canon information ... although the laser cannons can be simulated by HEPTs, the ion cannons by ... some other X3 gun, all are still front mounted.

4) The only TIE with a back turret is the TIE Aggressor (also from Star Wars Galaxies only). Pretty ugly ship though.
How about a mosquito missile defense that does not consume ammo? Basically spawn a mosquito in the cargo bay via script just before launch. Sounds like cheating, but then again, it can only be used against missiles, while a turret would also attack ships without consuming ammo ... might actually balance out, as long as it only runs on TIEs. Doesn't quite fit Star Wars canon, but then again a missile rich environment already doesn't fit.

5) The basic TIE Fighter is the perfect M5. The TIE Advanced only came around in later movies and was quite adept at more than being a target M4 at least. The other TIES don't really fit the M5 role either ... the Aggressor would work as M4+. If it wasn't so butt ugly ...
[ external image ]

Matterom
x4

Post by Matterom » Sat, 10. Oct 09, 06:02

as a geek i have familiarized myself with the x-wing/y-wing and all other ships

The y-wing was designed to be both a light scout craft and a bomber. to fit both roles she was given high shields and armor, having several variants to fit her part but most stuck to the same design. only one variant had no turret, even fewer had a moving turret.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/BTL_Y-wing_starfighter

i always offered to make lasers (in fact im sill making star wars weapons

Ion cannon mk2 for fighters

Blasters

turbo lasers)
My Mods:

BlackCoffee

Post by BlackCoffee » Sat, 10. Oct 09, 13:20

just to throw another cat amongst ya's. anyone mentioned the tie missile boat yet? though considering how dismal the missiles are in the x-games, it might be a waste of time.

ubica

Post by ubica » Sat, 10. Oct 09, 13:48

This thread turned into Star Wars discussion, seems like out of some 70 ships only SW ships draw attention.

Mailo
x3

Post by Mailo » Sat, 10. Oct 09, 14:07

ubica wrote:This thread turned into Star Wars discussion, seems like out of some 70 ships only SW ships draw attention.
No, we just agree the others are already awesome, the Star Wars ones just need to be a bit more so :D

Seriously though, I enjoy a wide range of ships in this mod, not only ones modelled after famous ones (Cylon Base Star, the Star Wars ones already mentioned, a corvettes similar to the Defiant and the Bajoran fighter, Babylon 5, ...), but also some developed by Deadly, like the Wakizashi or the Naginata.
[ external image ]

Matterom
x4

Post by Matterom » Sat, 10. Oct 09, 16:17

(No, we just agree the others are already awesome, the Star Wars ones just need to be a bit more so)

we don't want to be disrespectful to Lucas arts (or get laughed at for getting it wrong)

The Nebulon B needs some downgrading (if anyone remembers the nebby was just a frigate not a mass destroyer (add a mon-cal :D :D :D :D :D )
My Mods:

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sat, 10. Oct 09, 18:24

I actually went to the trouble to register for your forum to see if the mod was downloadable in beta so i could have a play with my ships.

But alas, your img verification is unreadable so i'll just sit here thinking of forcegripping you instead :evil: :)
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Sat, 10. Oct 09, 20:04

LV wrote:I actually went to the trouble to register for your forum to see if the mod was downloadable in beta so i could have a play with my ships.

But alas, your img verification is unreadable so i'll just sit here thinking of forcegripping you instead :evil: :)
My apologize my lord,you have to be beta tester so that you can download the mod.I will see to correct this injustice but would you my lord be kind to give me the name you chosed to represent my lordship in our forum.

Again my apoligize,this will not happen again my lord,you can bet in my life

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sat, 10. Oct 09, 20:28

less with the brownosing or i'll have to ban you ;)

LV, Lord Vader, Lord_Vader

those are my 1,2,3 preferences
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Sat, 10. Oct 09, 20:50

I can't see you on the member list with those names.

There is no member with your name.

Are you sure you used this names.The only names I can see are DarthVain and Lord Sith.No LV or Lord Vader.

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Sun, 11. Oct 09, 03:37

Mailo,
Considering the demands on DD's time cleaning up the mission code for the first public beta, what we can probably achieve most easily (the low hanging fruit) for SW's ships:

1) TIE Bomber: spec her as a flying dual GC platform. Not sure whether she's fully meshed and textured yet.

2) TIE Defender: re-spec as M3.

3) Y-Wing: re-spec as either:
a) M8 Bomber
b) M3+ with H.Missle capabilities, but weak laser armament (a sort of M3+/M8 Hybrid).
She'd need a 2x back turret added to the model..and will probably need to resized upwards as well.

How does this sound?

Meanwhile, I'll pitch these concepts to DD for his perusal and acceptance..

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sun, 11. Oct 09, 08:17

My name won't be there as i said the img verification to register was unreadable ;)

Mailo
x3

Post by Mailo » Sun, 11. Oct 09, 10:18

@LV: I just tried the register page, and you are right, some of those images are really unreadable. If you want to try again though, I got one that I could read on the third try.

@Hieronymos: M3+/M8 hybrid for the Y-Wing sounds perfect, it has lasers and missiles.
[ external image ]

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”