[MOD] Basic M6 Upgraded (v1.1 - 23/06/2009)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Fri, 26. Jun 09, 17:38

eldyranx3 wrote:Any chance you would add more turrets to either corvette subclass?

Ive always liked the idea of dedicated anti-fighter / anti M7 corvettes M6's.

My goal was to help M6's be faster, more agile, and I think I have done it in a very balanced way, adding turrets would involve much thinking and tweaking and right now I do not have the time or the ideas to make it perfect.

But I welcome you to try, you can even use the Tships I provide in the mod as the base and edit it with X3 Editor from doubleshadow, it can be really fun ;)

--

edit: anyways, this mod just changes basic M6, shouldnt be heavy versions the ones in charge of that you want?

m4t3y

Post by m4t3y » Mon, 29. Jun 09, 17:51

can you please make a list of the new ships stats? And will it only affect the newly purchased ones or also the ones already posessed? Pity the Hyperion Vanguard is not listed. I've recently bought it to replace my Normandy as my personal ship but the very slow speed mean that even if I use the overtuning it takes loads of time and money. I currently have my normandy at 300% = 750m/s and I want my Hyperion Vanguard to get close to that, which I calculated it would cost me about 150mils just for the overtuning itself. I want to get it to 777m/s which is 460%. I know it is sort of cheating, but I like my personal ship to be fast.

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Mon, 29. Jun 09, 19:42

One of the reasons I didnt publish them in the thread was to let the player experience with them and test them, as there are some clear advantages in using ones or others depending on what you want from your M6, but "basically" Basic M6's have been changed in speed, cargo cap and manuverability so they can react more agressively and use front guns more often.

That I increased their speed means the faster basic M6 you will find (not counting SpringBlossom which I didnt want to touch), can reach 208m/s and that one precisely is not so easy to get ;)

About Hyperion Vanguard, and your normandy, Hyperion is already a very unbalanced ship in terms of firepower and having an M6 (your normandy) going at 750m/s is totally overkill. What can a little hydra do to you if you go at that speed?

My intention has been to be faithful to egosoft balancing spirit and improve it for basic M6's who have been obsolete even more since heavy M6's appeared.

What you are asking for is not want I wanted to share sorry.

I encourage you to use X3 Editor 2 from doubleshadow and change the ship stats to your needs, although allow me this friendly advice, you are killing your game making it too easy with those stats you want.

OOZ662
x4

Post by OOZ662 » Mon, 29. Jun 09, 21:51

As far as I know, the mod will apply to all OOS M6 ships. Just jump in an unaltered ship (M5, ect) and fly to another sector to assure that all ships are updated.

Phier
x3tc

Post by Phier » Tue, 11. May 10, 05:26

Mmm now if there was a way to not feel like you were flying an M6 from the rear of a stretch limo.

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Tue, 11. May 10, 11:34

I will bring an update to this one soon, including modifications to SpringBlossom... but I am not touching cockpit views... Only Base M6 stats.

Bobucles
x3tc

Post by Bobucles » Tue, 11. May 10, 14:05

Have you considered changing the attributes of corvette class weapons? Part of the reason the M6 class suffers, is because their weapons are terrible.

The IPG, CIG, and ISR can all use a massive reduction in energy drain. They can use various buffs in velocity, extra effect, and damage as well.

If you're looking to really mix things up, change some corvettes to carry specialized roles. The "Gunship" corvette may have weak main weapons, but one or two powerful turrets that can use a lot of high quality weapons. Kind of like the Heavy Dragon. The "Lance" corvette may sacrifice weapon slots and fighter defense to use ultra heavy main weapons, like 1-4 IBL/PPCs. The "flak" corvette may have a good number of turrets filled with PAC/PRG/MDs, or a large number of turrets filled with IREs. The "classic" corvette is pretty much what every normal M6 is like right now.

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Tue, 11. May 10, 19:01

Bobucles wrote:Have you considered changing the attributes of corvette class weapons? Part of the reason the M6 class suffers, is because their weapons are terrible.

The IPG, CIG, and ISR can all use a massive reduction in energy drain. They can use various buffs in velocity, extra effect, and damage as well.

If you're looking to really mix things up, change some corvettes to carry specialized roles. The "Gunship" corvette may have weak main weapons, but one or two powerful turrets that can use a lot of high quality weapons. Kind of like the Heavy Dragon. The "Lance" corvette may sacrifice weapon slots and fighter defense to use ultra heavy main weapons, like 1-4 IBL/PPCs. The "flak" corvette may have a good number of turrets filled with PAC/PRG/MDs, or a large number of turrets filled with IREs. The "classic" corvette is pretty much what every normal M6 is like right now.
Well, yes and no.. in my own modded game I have several weapons changed but this mod I have no intention to tweak with those since they can affect the whole game, so that needs to be made with much more caution.

I was rather focusing on making the basic M6 interesting to players and player patrols giving them much bigger turning rate, speed and cargo (similar to Xenon P) so they become useful now, in the AI hands they would become much more speedy and responsive thus making them more difficult to kill with smaller ships.

Since Heavy M6 were released, they were the clear choice in X3TC, this mod tried to balance that, and getting ships like Hydra or Nemesis can give you certain clear advantage rather than being a waste of credits.

About a weapons mod... maybe later...

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”