[Mod]Engine Colours + particle trails[v1.21] [New images] [27/12 3.0 compatible]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Wed, 10. Jun 09, 13:12

the first who registers his mod to the Community script and mod library can say "you copied me" to the other similar mods. forever.

do it now!!!!! :lol:
Trade, Fight, Build, Think, Modify.
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock
SIDE/TOP/FRONT Ship Size Comparison
Remember young Padawan: money stolen can be, time cannot.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Wed, 10. Jun 09, 13:46

someone else wrote:the first who registers his mod to the Community script and mod library can say "you copied me" to the other similar mods. forever.

do it now!!!!! :lol:
lol mod figtht *picks up spade* :P

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Wed, 10. Jun 09, 14:39

I would like to try this, as long as there are no pink/lilac engine trails? :)

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Wed, 10. Jun 09, 14:49

xiriod wrote:I would like to try this, as long as there are no pink/lilac engine trails? :)
Nope no pink or lilac trails. I will be making a few different packs containing different colours.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 10. Jun 09, 14:51

The problem I had with mine (I'm using it personally...) was everytime I'd update it with different color selections, someone always whined about it not being "true" to the game. :p

So, I said, eff it, and just did it for my own use.

I will shamelessly steal your trails though... :lol:

Most/all of my mods are for myself. It just happens that sometimes I feel like sharing one with the rest of the world.

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Wed, 10. Jun 09, 15:02

fud wrote:The problem I had with mine (I'm using it personally...) was everytime I'd update it with different color selections, someone always whined about it not being "true" to the game. :p

So, I said, eff it, and just did it for my own use.

Most/all of my mods are for myself. It just happens that sometimes I feel like sharing one with the rest of the world.

Which is the way I do it as well. I have three projects I am working on, but I am not going to make an official thread about it until they're nearing completion. Or else everyone and their dog will want me to change this and that to their liking, and then the next guy wants me to change it back. And so on. So it is better to keep it private, or release it as-is when it is finished :)

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Wed, 10. Jun 09, 15:22

xiriod wrote:Or else everyone and their dog will want me to change this and that to their liking, and then the next guy wants me to change it back. And so on.
if you look at Gazz's scripts thread you'll find lots of that kind of people, and you'll see how much "NO!" "Will Never Happen", "This is My script and I'll do it as I please" posts Gazz wrote.
:rofl:

in fact I like more having guys say what they think and then "steal" their ideas
(not exactly stealing... they proposed it for my mod so i'm officially "accepting" the imput)
and most of all... noone forces you to do nothing... you are the absolute king of the mod. :D

@killerog: why no pink/lilac trails? Xenon will look very cool with pink trails...
are perhaps the colours fixed or you can set all types of color you want? :D
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Wed, 10. Jun 09, 15:29

someone else wrote: @killerog: why no pink/lilac trails? Xenon will look very cool with pink trails...
are perhaps the colours fixed or you can set all types of color you want? :D
Might be later on....

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 10. Jun 09, 15:38

I re-did all the color files, giving each race it's own unique file.

So changing them is *really* easy.

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Wed, 10. Jun 09, 15:54

Balls.....you edited the Tships file :) I am working on the Tships file for my own project. What cool stuff will I miss out on if I just use the default Tships without your modifications to it?

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Wed, 10. Jun 09, 15:56

The trails, i coudl edit your tships if you want? Takes very little work.

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Wed, 10. Jun 09, 15:59

fud wrote:I re-did all the color files
mmmh... what is a colour file? where is it located?
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 10. Jun 09, 16:04

The standard, boring, Ego-blue, used by ALL ships in a non-modded game uses the 1001.tga/dds texture file.

I made about 7-8 of them, to be used by the various races.

That was the easy part. The work was editing all the engine effects/bodies to reference the new colors.

But, once that's done, all you need to do to tinker with the colors is change the texture file (1001, etc).

Is there a way to edit trails withOUT touching Tships? My tships is edited to hell and back as it is.. :)

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Wed, 10. Jun 09, 16:26

fud wrote:
Is there a way to edit trails withOUT touching Tships? My tships is edited to hell and back as it is.. :)
Nope. I havent found a way that dosnt use the Tship files. Its only 1 value for each ship, that values depends on the colour you want.

Im currently working on creating some better trails. Brighter colours and all.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Wed, 10. Jun 09, 16:27

fud wrote:
Nope. I havent found a way that dosnt use the Tship files. Its only 1 value for each ship, that values depends on the colour you want.

Im currently working on creating some better trails. Brighter colours and all.

bounty_hunter66
x4

Post by bounty_hunter66 » Wed, 10. Jun 09, 16:33

So i take it no one likes my mod?

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Wed, 10. Jun 09, 16:48

your mod is cool... but killerog is working on having a exact copy of yours... for now he has only engines with different colours.... but will surely add all types of things to make it better than yours...
And will surely make major improvements over time, to be sure your mod will be never remembered. :P

that is why I hate competition... 8)
and always post my work into the Community Library, it is like the Patent Office.
As I said before, once your mod is in the Library you can say that all other similar mods that people create after yours "have stolen your work".
And make them feel bad and nasty. :P

p.s. when I'll decide to integrate a trail mod I'll choose from the best of the two... :D
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock

bounty_hunter66
x4

Post by bounty_hunter66 » Wed, 10. Jun 09, 16:56

and always post my work into the Community Library, it is like the Patent Office.
And how do i do that exactly?

the comunity scripts topic is locked

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Wed, 10. Jun 09, 17:08

Post in here : http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=229421

And i didnt mean to step on anyones toes with this mod. Like i said i check the stickys, searched and didnt come up with any mod that did this for Tc. Only started this as i added the trails to my X2 ships.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Wed, 10. Jun 09, 18:29

Updated Op.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”