[SCR] OOS Combat Rebalance (alpha 0.32 - 06.08.10)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Osiris454
x3tc

Post by Osiris454 » Sun, 24. Jun 12, 10:36

I'm pretty sure that's who they meant. As a test I went ahead and dropped this in AP and everything is the same as before. No change really except for the notification that OOS rebalance was initialized and it found the correct MARS file.

I think I'm beginning the understand why people said that my UT's were 'safer' in AP. It's basically because OOS combat has been nerfed to an extent (IMHO). Everything happens much more slowly than before. In TC, OOS battles were over before you had a chance to react.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 24. Jun 12, 12:11

jack775544 wrote:As far as I know this is incompatable with AP.
Also I am pretty sure most of this was incorporated into AP.
AP Survival Guide wrote:With the help of an expert on the subject, some complicated formulae, and a large amount of empirical testing, we have adjusted, tweaked and generally improved all of the elements involved to achieve results in the OOS case that are more similar to those you would see if you were there, watching the situation unfold.
I am pretty sure they are talking about Gazz and this mod in that statment.
I think this is obvious from a quick look at the changes to the TBullets file format (OOS Damage values were added).
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Mon, 25. Jun 12, 00:38

Osiris454 wrote:What's your take on using this with AP?
Don't.

Osiris454 wrote: Everything happens much more slowly than before. In TC, OOS battles were over before you had a chance to react.
...and a game that you cannot interact with isn't much of a game.
"Freighter destroyed" used to be a random event about which you were only notified after the fact. It's no gameplay if you cannot play, cannot do something about it.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Osiris454
x3tc

Post by Osiris454 » Mon, 25. Jun 12, 01:00

I found out what's happening anyway. In XRM the OOS damage values for lasers is approximately 10% of their original value for most lasers. Others, it's 3%.

The "Over before you had a chance to react" was really a nod to how everything in TC was overpowered in OOS combat. I want to rescue my freighter, but without this in TC I couldn't.

Anuke

Post by Anuke » Tue, 14. Aug 12, 08:10

ok you brilliant bastard, good job. but does it work with XRM? particularly the new weapons and the reinvention of the weapons?

i do have the new mars data loaded for xrm. am i good to install?

have you ever been called savior? i was about to quit because my owp's would not shoot oos.

thankssooo much.

bye
What GoD taketh away, Cycrow giveth back.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Tue, 14. Aug 12, 11:25

Anuke wrote:ok you brilliant bastard, good job. but does it work with XRM? particularly the new weapons and the reinvention of the weapons?

i do have the new mars data loaded for xrm. am i good to install?

have you ever been called savior? i was about to quit because my owp's would not shoot oos.

thankssooo much.

bye
The v1 oos rebalance works fine with the XRM in TC.

It is not required for (or compatible with) the XRM in AP (or vanilla AP).

OOS combat has been completely rewritten for AP and is far superior to anything TC had to offer (as you'd expect with Gazz behind it!). Installing this into AP will either not do anything at all (what I suspect will happen) or will revert you to the rubbish TC OOS code.
Last edited by paulwheeler on Tue, 14. Aug 12, 12:07, edited 1 time in total.

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Tue, 14. Aug 12, 11:50

Paul, you do know that this mod edits TLasers, Globals and TBullets; thus suggesting an incompatability with XRM.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Tue, 14. Aug 12, 11:56

Gazz made two OOS rebalance packages.

The v1 OOS combat rebalance, which is just a script is fine with the XRM.

The v2 is a full mod and is not compatible with the XRM.

In either case, v1 or v2 should not be used with AP.

Anuke

Post by Anuke » Tue, 14. Aug 12, 15:47

Thanks for the heads up. My owp's are surrounded by enemies in dannas chance and I have been trying everything to get them to attack. I hope this works.

Will they use mars?
Will oos calculate proper damage with the new xrm weapons?

Will it fix other problems like a pirate m6 being able to kill my leutenants in eclipses.

Basicly, does v 1 offer the full fix?

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Tue, 14. Aug 12, 21:54

Anuke wrote:Thanks for the heads up. My owp's are surrounded by enemies in dannas chance and I have been trying everything to get them to attack. I hope this works.

Will they use mars?
Will oos calculate proper damage with the new xrm weapons?

Will it fix other problems like a pirate m6 being able to kill my leutenants in eclipses.

Basicly, does v 1 offer the full fix?
As long as you install the XRM Mars data file it should use XRM damage values.

Neither of these OOS rebalance options offer a perfect solution as Gazz was constrained by what the TC engine could do.

If you want good OOS balance you need to be running AP.

Anuke

Post by Anuke » Sun, 2. Sep 12, 16:15

what about codea pilots? does the non-mod version take them into account? what features are not included in the non-mod version?

can you make a xrm full version?

why are my 7 eclipse prototypes still getting ghosted by 1 murauder + 5 pirate elite groups OOS?

thanks

dragonlord001

Post by dragonlord001 » Sun, 24. Feb 13, 19:46

Hey Gazz / Forum,

My script isn't working. I cant explain why. It says that MARS is not found but i have installed MARS before installing OOS.

I dont want to run MARS, but i've run the game with the plugin set at disabled AND enabled for MARS.... No matter what, i still get in-game the following incoming message

"OOS combat v32 MARS not installed. Data not found"

I'm assuming this means OOS is not working? So, can anyone help? Here is the log export from the PLUGIN (OOS is on atm):

Community Plugin Configuration :: Cycrow :: 1.51 :: 03/01/2012 :: Library :: Yes :: No
Hotkey Manager :: Cycrow :: 1.21 :: 03/01/2012 :: Library :: Yes :: No
Plugin Manager Library Scripts TC :: PluginManager :: 1.50 :: 16/12/2011 :: Library :: Yes :: No
Ware Manager :: Cycrow :: 1.10 :: 28/8/2011 :: Library :: Yes :: No
Improved Boarding :: Cycrow :: 1.23 :: 30/06/2010 :: Ship Command :: Yes :: No
Satellite Early Warning Network :: Cycrow :: 1.22 :: 03/06/2009 :: Combat :: Yes :: No
Wing hotkeys :: Cycrow :: 1.20 :: 09/06/2009 :: Ship Command :: Yes :: No
AP Libraries :: 7ate9tin11s :: 2.2 :: 10/08/2009 :: Other :: Yes :: No
ImprovedRaces_addons_1.9.rar :: :: :: :: - Archive - :: No :: No
ImprovedRaces :: 7ate9tin11s, Rygar & Jack08 :: 15.31 :: 24/04/2012 :: Other :: Yes :: No
JSON parser library :: ThisIsHarsh :: 1.1 :: 05/09/2010 :: Other :: Yes :: No
NPC Bailing Addon :: ThisIsHarsh :: 1.7.8 :: 21/09/2010 :: Piracy :: Yes :: No
Salvage Commands and NPCs :: ThisIsHarsh :: 1.5 :: 20/11/2008 :: Piracy :: Yes :: No
pirate.guild.zip :: :: :: :: - Archive - :: Yes :: No
yaki.armada.zip :: :: :: :: - Archive - :: Yes :: No
Pirate Starts :: TEKing66 :: 1.30 :: 27/7/2010 :: General Mod :: Yes :: No
Auto prep ships :: ThisIsHarsh :: 1.3 :: 25/09/2010 :: Fleet Management :: Yes :: No
XaiCorp-MissileDef-HK-X3TC-1.0.zip :: :: :: :: - Archive - :: Yes :: No
Befehlsbibliothek_X3TC_V3706.zip :: :: :: :: - Archive - :: Yes :: No
Handelsvertretung_X3TC_V3402.zip :: :: :: :: - Archive - :: Yes :: No
Universal Best Buys/Sells Locator :: alex2069 :: 2.51a :: 30/12/2009 :: Other :: Yes :: No
Manual Trade Extension :: ThisIsHarsh :: 2.3.1 :: 02/10/2010 :: Trade :: Yes :: No
Ship killed notifications :: ThisIsHarsh :: 1.0.3 :: 16/11/2008 :: Other :: Yes :: No
missile_safety.zip :: :: :: :: - Archive - :: Yes :: No
Wirtschaftshaendler_X3TC_V3401.zip :: :: :: :: - Archive - :: Yes :: No
memiaautoscanasteroids.zip :: :: :: :: - Archive - :: Yes :: No
mars-tc-ap_v5.24_RepackedForPluginManager.zip :: :: :: :: - Archive - :: No :: No
oos_damage_tc.zip :: :: :: :: - Archive - :: Yes :: No

Bigeagle
xr

Post by Bigeagle » Sun, 24. Feb 13, 22:48

I got some strange problems too, the script has stopped working after starting a new game. It worked well in the first game where i installed it to a running game.

there is simply no OOS fight anymore, no damage at all

i'm using MARS v525 and OOS damage v32
the first messages where there, but some surprise, as OOS tried to install before MARS and told that it could not find the laserdata
after the second load MARS installed and OOS 'updated' to it's version
everything seems good at this time, despite i can't remember that i have to save and load twice to install everything

after a while i see that OOS fight doesn't work, a heavy nemesis fighting a pirate nova without speed upgrades for about 15 minutes without any damage

what works: deinstalling the script, new attack order, nova destroyed
reinstalled the script, there is no message about installing, but it 'works' as there is no damage again

i would be happy to help with information for bugsearching
after one single blastclaw destroyed a fully armed heavy nemesis OOS i don't like vanilla OOS calculation anymore

edit:
first idea seems to be right, the script don't like to be there at game start
started a new game without the script, everything as expected, save&load until MARS installed, THEN copied the OOS rebalance script, get a 'i was installed' message with correct data and it works
so i just have to start another game, what a luck that the other one was not that old
^^_^^

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”