[SCRIPT] Advanced Jumpdrive V1.22 : Updated 22/07/2015

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ShadowOfNone

Post by ShadowOfNone » Tue, 14. Jul 15, 22:26

It's installed in Program Files and I don't know how I can move it without reinstalling the entire game. Is their another solution/ alternate way to install the mod?

P.S. The plugin manager works fine for installing other mods, just not this one

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 15. Jul 15, 07:14

If the others have installed correctly in AP, then it would suggest the plugin manager does have write access, otherwise the others wouldn't work either.

you could check in the actual game directory and see if the plugin manager scripts appear there.

it'l be in Terran Conflict/addon/Scripts
and they will be plugin.advjump.*

you could try running the Plugin Manager in admin mode and try installing again.

also make sure you have the latest version of the plugin manager, 1.50 (its recently been updated)

ShadowOfNone

Post by ShadowOfNone » Sat, 18. Jul 15, 03:59

Fixed it! The new plugin manager works wonders, thank you!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

New Update: 1.21

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 18. Jul 15, 21:30

New Update: 1.21
  • Improved handling with override scripts
  • Adjusted nearest items in menu to only show known and friendly
  • Included missing library script
  • Added support for X3AP
  • Improved handling of Jump Beacons
  • Fixed in-sector jumping

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Update: 1.22

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 22. Jul 15, 23:10

New Update: 1.22
  • Fixed jumping with Advanced Navigation when insector
  • Added additional menu items, for nearest trade doc, pirate base and Energy resupply (only shown when using normal jump drive)
  • Improved in sector gate jumping
  • Added upgrades to various Terran stations

hentelek

Update: 1.22

Post by hentelek » Wed, 10. Aug 16, 14:19

Hello!

I wanted to make your advanced jumpdrive into "built in component" for all ship in the game. I managed to do it simply by editing the warelist and tship.

But the script not working because it's try to find the equipment in the cargo bay, but because it's "built in component" and not listed in the cargo bay it can't find it and return with false.

So my question is can u help me, with how can i modify it to make it work?

Thx in advance,
Hent

Edit1:
Nwm i manage to do it.

RustInPieces
x4

Post by RustInPieces » Sun, 9. Oct 16, 21:56

How do I lower the prices? I tried using plugin manager advanced to edit wares, but after doing that and going to game, there are four blank items at the station. It works if I don't edit the price.

Edit: I uninstalled and reinstalled the advanced jump drive and overrides, and it kept my edited prices. It works now.

Edit 2: Crap. I need more reputation. Maybe I can edit those requirements too? edit: Cool, I could edit notoriety in plugin manager too. Yay!

YetAnotherUsername

Post by YetAnotherUsername » Wed, 11. Jan 17, 17:20

Hello Cycrow,

I am having trouble getting this (or any) script working. I've read 12/29 pages of this thread and it doesn't seem that my problem is coming up. I'm hoping there is info that will help me, as I really want to use your scripts.

*My game is the GoG.com version. Hopefully that doesn't end it already...
*It is installed to d:\games\X3 Terran War Pack
*It is listed as v3.2d
*I have no other plugins/mods installed (previously vanilla)
*I have the latest (1.531) Plugin Manager installed and used it for the (attempted) installation. It is installed to d:\games\x3pluginmanager
*I am running in Modified mode
*Edit: Just to be explicit: I have never installed any version of EMP
*all three of community plugin config, hotkey mgr, and ware mgr are enabled
*Advanced Jumpdrive shows as enabled
*I can confirm that files are added (with your forum username) are added to my addons/scripts folder in my game install

What happens is simple: there is no evidence at all that the addon is installed. HQ bases offer nothing new; Argon equipment docks offer nothing new. No weird blank or placeholder names like other people are getting -- I get nothing at all. No evidence that it's even installed.

I would even be willing to install by hand, if that would make this work.

If you have any insights, please help. Thank you!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 11. Jan 17, 17:35

First thing to check, is if its actually installed correctly.

its possible you have installed it to the wrong game.

The War Pack is actually 2 games, TC and AP. Its possible you have installed it into one of them, but are running the other.

If you check the scripts directory for any scripts that are from the advanced jumpdrive.

check in "d:\games\X3 Terran War Pack\scripts" and "d:\games\X3 Terran War Pack\addon\scripts"

the first is for TC and the 2nd for AP.

the scripts will be called plugin.advjump.* And they should be easily noticable

YetAnotherUsername

Post by YetAnotherUsername » Wed, 11. Jan 17, 18:24

That's got it! Thanks so much. Turns out that the plugin manager was defaulting to my AP install instead of TC (I'm guessing maybe because it was the second position in the dropdown list).

I have successfully tested out the adv jumpdrive with the help of the cheat menu. :)

Some feedbacks:
*I did run into the problem of the wares having blank names, 'placeholder' names as I called them before, and amounts vanishing to 0, 1 or 2 upon moving up and down in the list. I exited and came back in, and it seems to be okay, now... not sure, bit wary.

*I might not end up using it, as it is more powerful than I expected. Really just wanted to be able to dump the energy cells and drain the shields for jumps. That's what it does, but I can apparently jump literally anywhere and with very little shield -- across the universe and back without getting above 20% shield. I'd like it if the jump distance was limited by your shield or generator or something, so it doesn't get abused. If there is no 'hardcore' version, maybe I can figure out how to mod it myself to limit it a bit.

Edit: For instance, 1 sector jump per 20% shield energy available. I'd like to mod that in.

Anyway, thanks for the scripts and your help! Looking forward to this.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 11. Jan 17, 19:51

the blank wares is usually down to the ware entry missing from the Types files. Most likely, you didn't fully close the plugin manager or it wasn't finished generating the files before loading the game.

It should be easy enough to mod to add those restrictions in, will take a little knowledge in the script engine, but not all that much

YetAnotherUsername

Post by YetAnotherUsername » Thu, 12. Jan 17, 14:12

Hrm. Okay, I'm somewhat defeated. I tried for a couple of hours to figure out how to mod my change and couldn't get it. At all, in fact. Nothing I tried worked.

Would you happen to know what would be necessary to make a very simple change? Max jump distance = 5. If I could just do that, it would suffice. Which variables or which file it would reside in? If not, thanks anyway, but I'm hoping it's trivial for you. It's not for me! :)

Either way, thanks again.
----

Edit: I've enabled the script editor. Very neat. I think I can probably figure it out, now. Want to mod a few other items too. *rubs hands together*

Kontaro
x3tc

Post by Kontaro » Tue, 24. Apr 18, 02:40

Sorry for the thread necro, but will this let the Valhalla jump into sectors without a jump beacon?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 24. Apr 18, 10:43

not actually tried it with the Valhalla, but yes it should work

Quinch
xr

Post by Quinch » Mon, 23. Jul 18, 03:04

Quick question, the wares are only available in Argon equipment docks - is there a way to get them if I decide to side with Earthers or just PO the Argon? I'm running XRM and a bunch of other mods if that makes any difference.
I wasn't banished to the moon yesterday.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 23. Jul 18, 17:45

you could add the to other equipment docks if you want, a small change in the setup script is all thats needed.

but without editing the scripts, or cheating them in, you can only get them from argon equipment docks

Quinch
xr

Post by Quinch » Mon, 23. Jul 18, 19:07

-nodnods-

And done.

So here's a quick question - what's the general etiquette on posting changes to other people's mods, and in case of SPKs, how can I edit the file's description?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 23. Jul 18, 19:14

generally, you should get permission from the author.

i have no problem with anyone releasing modified versions of my scripts.

as for changing the description, this is set in the spk file, so you just use the Creator (included in the plugin manager) to create/modify spk files.

Quinch
xr

Post by Quinch » Mon, 30. Jul 18, 02:45

Oh, another question - I notice that ships, even when equipped with the advanced jumpdrive and FTL extension still manually fly to adjacent sectors, even if the minimum jump range is set to 0. Is that WAI, or so I need to change a setting somewhere?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 30. Jul 18, 11:06

for your ships to use the advanced jumpdrive automatically, you either need to install the addon scripts, which replace the standard movement scripts with advanced jumpdrives ones, or to run the Auto Jump command from the ships additional commands

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”