[SCRIPT] Slipstream Drive V1.10 : Updated 09/06/2009

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Ratlaw
x3tc

Post by Ratlaw » Wed, 17. Mar 10, 04:02

How do I make a hotkey for it? I dont know how to make hotkeys yet. It's downloaded and I have the slipstream on my ship now. So, how do I use it with a hotkey?

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Wed, 17. Mar 10, 04:36

Ratlaw
How do I make a hotkey for it?
-> shift-O
-> Controls
-> Interface
-> scroll to bottom
-> select the 'slipstream drive entry'
-> press enter
-> press 'add control' (enter key you want to assign as hotkey)
-> Apply
-> Esc
-> Save to custom controls or new profile.

You can use this process to add a hotkey to any script that requires it.

MarCon

Vivicector

Post by Vivicector » Sun, 4. Apr 10, 16:29

This thing just doesn't work for me. Activating, and after short time something like "Ship systems fail" (don't really know, what is said in English version). No objects near to the ship. Laser energy drained after activation. Ship - OTAS Boreas. I also mentioned, that after pressing hotkey, speed becomes max, then falling to 0, again max and that phrase from computer appears. What's wrong?

barcharcraz
x4

Post by barcharcraz » Thu, 8. Apr 10, 21:16

I seem to have the same problem, interestingly when I comment out the failsafe code the thing activates and the screen shakes but the ship does not move.

yusz.dgm

Post by yusz.dgm » Fri, 16. Apr 10, 05:55

I got a question.

I install this sometime ago and decide to remove it. Using .spk version, i load up pluginmanager lite, and click uninstall. Tho the ware in-game is removed, the hotkey is not. I have hotkey manager installed prior to install slipstream drive, but the hotkey is still there.

So i decided to open script editor, search for plugin.hotkeymanager.remove , run it, remove the slipstream drive by its ID (slipstream-i peek inside the slipstream script), and the hotkey is deleted. I would like to know if my doing so will effect my game/savegame or anything?

Thanks in advance. :)

Temo
x4

Post by Temo » Fri, 10. Sep 10, 06:07

barcharcraz wrote:I seem to have the same problem, interestingly when I comment out the failsafe code the thing activates and the screen shakes but the ship does not move.
First, thanks to Cycrow for all his scripts.
I’ve opened plugin.slipstream.start.xml for editing and changed the red highlighted variable shown below from $z to $y. bingo... it works.
i have zero scripting experiences; but it seems logic to me that y = y
since when y = z !!! :P
pretty sure it's a typo. i roughly understand the code, but i have no clue what is this section means or do.
seriously Cycrow; what is this $moveAmt?!

[ external image ]
incase of something wrong with the above img.
the line# i'm talking about is 099

mwyeoh

Post by mwyeoh » Fri, 10. Sep 10, 08:29

rafi23 wrote:
daimond wrote:I have the highest you can get for split notoriety.
Same with me, highest Split notoriety, but slipstream is still red.
The notoriety required is shown as ReadText25-111.

cheers.
Did anyone evr get to the bottom of this problem? Im having the same issue too

Coruskane
x4

Post by Coruskane » Fri, 10. Sep 10, 20:36

mwyeoh wrote:
rafi23 wrote:
daimond wrote:I have the highest you can get for split notoriety.
Same with me, highest Split notoriety, but slipstream is still red.
The notoriety required is shown as ReadText25-111.

cheers.
Did anyone evr get to the bottom of this problem? Im having the same issue too
Open up TWareT from the X eDitor VFS anD finD the ware referenceD in the Slipstream Drive Text file. The ware will have its requirements (notoriety etc) listeD.

p.s. sorry about the "D"..key is broken anD only shift+ works. :D

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 10. Sep 10, 23:41

Temo wrote:
barcharcraz wrote:I seem to have the same problem, interestingly when I comment out the failsafe code the thing activates and the screen shakes but the ship does not move.
I’ve opened plugin.slipstream.start.xml for editing and changed the red highlighted variable shown below from $z to $y. bingo... it works.
since when y = z !!! :P
pretty sure it's a typo. i roughly understand the code, but i have no clue what is this section means or do.

[ external image ]
not sure how that z slipped in, will change it in the next version.

the $moveAmt is the speed, its applied to the direction vector to move the ship at the correct speed.

Novia Star
x3

Post by Novia Star » Sat, 11. Sep 10, 21:47

I just downloaded it but havent tryed it. But I just wanted to give a preemptive yay. I find SETAing arround at real high % causes my game to hafto think real hard (not big issue if I turn down stuff)

This Would be real funny if AI ships could us it to. (WOOSH there goes that Boron Courier again)

Thechosenone92
x3ap

Post by Thechosenone92 » Mon, 7. Feb 11, 09:45

doesn't seam to work with the newest version of emp-x tries to create the ware using "ZA_EMP_13213_BLANK_WARE_CUSTOM17_16"

i have modifed 2 entries of it in the scripts "setup.cycrow.slipstream" and "plugin.slipstream.start" to change the ware entry to "ZA_EMP_13233_BLANK_WARE_CUSTOM19_16"

however in the entry to that ware in emp-x's TwareT file requires that you have 1000000 notoriety thus displaying a readtext25-111 error and not letting you buy the ware. to fix this you need to change the notoriety to 350000(highest rank)using x3 editor 2.

[ external image ]

0o0o0
x3ap

Post by 0o0o0 » Wed, 23. Mar 11, 21:32

Has anyone gotten this to work recently? Not working for me - X3TC 3.1. I have set the hotkey and have cheated one into my cargo bay, plenty of energy and can't get it rolling.

General_Failure
x3

Post by General_Failure » Tue, 31. May 11, 17:00

hate to say this cause I use quite a few scripts from you cycrow and they generally work out fine, but damn this one sucks and is broken as fook lol.

Even when I got it to run(3 times exactly, then it would just error out), it would shoot me off in random directions not at the direction I was pointing, and the worst part about it, is if it's a failed launch, it still zaps you of your energy reserves, like "oh no a space fly was in the way *panic*" just like when SETA will stop when they run into your ship when you're sitting in a spot churning forwards in time.

I noticed it works on the basic principle as your advanced thruster, which works fine(granted it is no where smooth while using it cause of how it works, but that's not your fault, it's egosofts for not doing newtonian physics in the game to start with).

Phosphene
x3tc

Post by Phosphene » Mon, 8. Aug 11, 10:57

I don't mean to be picky but physically the explanation doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It sounds like youre implying that the SSD is cavitating space as certain submarines/torpedoes do through water to travel at a higher velocity.

The problem is that cavitation is based on reducing drag forces while traveling through a viscous medium, but space is in vacuum so there is already no medium producing drag forces on, say, a space ship and by extension no medium through which to cavitate.

Fundamentally, there are no drag forces in space so velocity is not really dependent on engine "horsepower", but rather on total energy output, specifically meaning that a desirable spaceship engine is not one that has a high set power output, but one that can continuously output increasingly more energy over a longer period of time.

The reason you want an engine like this is because there are no drag forces (I know I keep saying this but its really the key to the entire explanation), and therefore acceleration is not limited by the medium but by relativistic forces which aren't important except at exceedingly high velocities, of order 98-99% the speed of light (3000000000m/s). For, as we all know, it takes no force to maintain a constant velocity, but it takes force to increase velocity, or accelerate.

So In air, in water, in honey, you want an engine that can accelerate against drag and maintain a high velocity through the medium; while in space you want an engine that can constantly accelerate a vehicle simply against its own mass and never worry about achieving some specific velocity.

SO perhaps a better name for this drive would be the Ripgate manipulator which takes advantage of the fact that space is folded over on itself and travels between the layers to effectively shorten the distance to a given destination; or the High Impact Ion Pulse drive which opens hydrogen collectors and electromagnetically accelerates them to 2/3s the speed of light to give your spacecraft a relativistic speed boost.

But I digress.....

LordDeimosIV
x4

Post by LordDeimosIV » Tue, 9. Aug 11, 00:29

Phosphene seriously? No offense but your naming suggestions aren't very good or catchy. Slipstream Drive is fine. As for the science behind it all, its not that big of a deal. Not everything in the X-Universe is based on hard science.

Maxces C Covert
x3

Post by Maxces C Covert » Tue, 9. Aug 11, 01:08

Thanks for that TEMO.
since when y = z !!!

It's actually plugin.slipstream.run, not plugin.slipstream.start. I found it and did the same you did and it does run better. I'm going to take another step and cut off the collision safeties and see if I can handle the power.

And I do have a question. If you change it in the script editor does it change it in the .spk file? I don't think it would, so it'll be better to edit that correct?

DarthVain
x3tc

Post by DarthVain » Sat, 20. Aug 11, 17:45

Maxces C Covert wrote:Thanks for that TEMO.
since when y = z !!!

It's actually plugin.slipstream.run, not plugin.slipstream.start. I found it and did the same you did and it does run better. I'm going to take another step and cut off the collision safeties and see if I can handle the power.

And I do have a question. If you change it in the script editor does it change it in the .spk file? I don't think it would, so it'll be better to edit that correct?
The .spk needs to be editted.
Another one bites the dust!!

DarthVain

cheetahhawk
xrvr

slipstream drive. . .

Post by cheetahhawk » Thu, 27. Oct 11, 11:44

the slipstream drive cycrow talks about reminds me of the transwarp drive on StarTrek, it works with the transporter system teleporting your whole ship in front of you constantly as you are warping through space. therefore the blinking effect from one location to the next.

what do you think,

Cheetahhawk

Bleak Hauler

Slipstream Drive

Post by Bleak Hauler » Sun, 25. Dec 11, 12:55

I am new to the scripts, well, the whole game really. Anyway, I've installed the Plugin Manager Lite (V1.40 Beta 13). I have installed the Slipstream Drive Script.

How do I use it? Do I have to purchase something in an equipment dock? I do not see this as a configurable option in the game control settings.

Thanks for any help, like I say, still trying to figure this out. So far, this seems amazing.

DragonOmnus

Post by DragonOmnus » Sun, 1. Jan 12, 10:22

Hey Cycrow, you seem to do some damn good scripts. Thanks for them.

2 questions, if you don't mind:

1 - Have you fixed this SSD? From what I've read, it has some bugs, which you mentioned you'd fix but haven't posted in over a year about it.

2 - I haven't done any scripting for this game myself, but was trying to clean up some typos in some scripts and decided to try to learn how they work. That seems to be difficult without a list of the base syntax & commands. Where would I find that info to try writing my own scripts? How did you learn to script this game?

Adding in hotkeys for game functions seems like it'd be much easier than creating your own objects/items or improving marines.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”