[SCRIPT] Equipment Research and Development V1.00 : Update 03/06/2009

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Turbo12
x3tc

Post by Turbo12 » Tue, 15. Nov 11, 20:36

Great script!
I have two suggestions, though.
Change the renaming template of the docks from "name [Researching %]" to "name [% {equipment name}]". In this way, you can see at a glance which equipments your other docks are researching and not start researching the same thing twice. Also, adding the percentage first allows it to be seen even if the name is truncated due to limited display space.
And second, check and delete duplicated entries. I have researched fighting software Mk2 twice and it is duplicated in the researched eq list. And tries to add it twice to every ship.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 15. Nov 11, 20:50

Change the renaming template of the docks from "name [Researching %]" to "name [% {equipment name}]". In this way, you can see at a glance which equipments your other docks are researching and not start researching the same thing twice.
Yes,this would be helpful :)

The second,I have yet to notice,as I have not done a lot of research in multiple factories. I just have the one r/d station atm

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Tue, 13. Mar 12, 08:13

I got it installed and it looks pretty cool. What criteria does it use when presenting ships for selection? I am only getting 6 or 7 ships out of 40 docked and it is a bit tricky to make it show the ship you want. Are there any tricks available to make a particular ship appear on the selection list?
Also, is it possible to check the remaining resource requirement when research has already started?

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 13. Mar 12, 10:26

Been a while since using this,but iirc, i only took the ship I wanted to use.
Once selected, the ship-list lists it in white.

btw, I used it in TC.

Does it work in AP ?

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Tue, 13. Mar 12, 18:23

TTD wrote: Does it work in AP ?
It does. I heard it became a candidate for the bonus pack, so decided to give it a try. It looks great, but suffers from the same UI issue as CLS and other script with ship selection - if too many ships are present it displays a random subset. It is aggravated by a list of equipment that each ship has with only 6 or 7 ships getting displayed. Something like a two-step selection with equipment first and then ships that have it and are docked at this particular EQ would be nicer.

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Tue, 13. Mar 12, 18:53

I have had issue with trying to install it in AP.
Maybe a word from the creator (Cycrow you know whom I speak of :P )
Maybe a straight and narrow from da man might resolve any issues.. :)
You think a hero is some weird sandwitch and not a guy attacking a Xeno J with a kestrel.

Sir.. I said .. A guy attacking a J with a kestrel is the sandwitch.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Tue, 13. Mar 12, 19:30

Retiredman wrote:I have had issue with trying to install it in AP.
I was able to install and run it without a single issue, but I didn't use the package manager. It is now on 11% research for JD.

LordGaara

Post by LordGaara » Wed, 14. Mar 12, 15:50

Hey Cycrow,

Great script. I would love having Khaak weapons and missiles.

Any chance that it would work XRM + AP 2.0? As far as I know XRM uses a modified hq file. If not, what needs to be done to make it work? My modding and scripting skills are the same as those of a panda.

Thanks in advance.
Martin

EDIT: My bad, your script is intended for ED not for PHQ. Does that mean it uses another file and there should be no problem with XRM?

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Tue, 20. Mar 12, 19:27

Does any one know how to change the research time? it looks like it is dependent on the price of the equipment? because it shows that it will finish researching JD in 30 days 23 hours 50 minutes :D a little bit too much isn't it ? :D

NOTE: this is obviously because I have a mod installed that greatly increases JD's price, and so I was wondering if there is any way to speed the process up? (I'm fine with research using tons of resources and credits, but time... :))

EDIT: ignore all of this managed to edit the file a bit to change values 36 hours for JD is a lot better than 30 days :)

D31m0s

Post by D31m0s » Tue, 3. Apr 12, 00:14

Can you do this also for x3R?

filippe999
x3ap

Post by filippe999 » Wed, 4. Apr 12, 05:32

This is a autpilot directive,right? not a game modification?

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 4. Apr 12, 07:30

filippe999 wrote:This is a autpilot directive,right? not a game modification?
I do not understand you question.

This enables all EQ class stations,including The Hub ,to research Equipment so that you can install it on your ships from your own EQDs instead of traveling the universe .

It takes time etc.,but eventually you will have a one-stop-shop.

Not tested on AP,but if it works and you use a boron EQD with infinite TS storage, then you could set it up as a complete armoury/EQD.

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Wed, 4. Apr 12, 09:11

I believe he is try to ask weather it is a script or a mod. The answer is, it is a script.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

Turnus
x4

Post by Turnus » Mon, 18. Jun 12, 17:49

How do I change the amount of time for each item?

Viviox
x3ap

Post by Viviox » Tue, 26. Jun 12, 03:43

I need help with this script. I can't seems to get it working on any of my EQ.

I'm using X3AP + XRM mods.

I bought a boron Equipment dock, and then I went to station commands and I do not see a command "Research Equipment", I saw something "EQs". I click that and it ask me if I want to "transform dock" and I said ok. Once i did that and dock ships to Eq. I can now change the load out and spray paint the ship, but that's all I can do. The load out is pretty simple (only ask for shield, weapons, and missiles) nothing else.

I have plugin manager, and the menu doesn't give me anything. Is this mod not compatible with either AP or XRM?

Also, after uninstalling the mods, my equipment dock still allow spray paint and ship load out. Can't get it back to original once you uninstall the mod.

Playbahnosh
x4

Post by Playbahnosh » Wed, 1. Aug 12, 15:23

I was eyeing this mod for some time, but I still have one question:

Was the upgrade system implemented? I mean, engine tuning, rudder, cargo bay?

Playbahnosh
x4

Post by Playbahnosh » Fri, 10. Aug 12, 18:10

Bump! :spam:

Anybody home? Also, does this work with AP?

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Fri, 10. Aug 12, 18:44

Playbahnosh wrote:I was eyeing this mod for some time, but I still have one question:

No, you can only get equipment with it (navigation software/docking computer/jumpdrive/etc)
Playbahnosh wrote:Also, does this work with AP?
yes

Troubleshooter11
x4

Post by Troubleshooter11 » Fri, 10. Aug 12, 21:35

It's a bummer that tunings are not included.

Also, does anyone know which resources are required to install the extensions?

Playbahnosh
x4

Post by Playbahnosh » Sat, 11. Aug 12, 08:55

Jumee wrote:
Playbahnosh wrote:I was eyeing this mod for some time, but I still have one question:

No, you can only get equipment with it (navigation software/docking computer/jumpdrive/etc)
Playbahnosh wrote:Also, does this work with AP?
yes
Thanks for the info. I wonder where Cycrow is, he used to be frequent on the S&M forum :gruebel:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”