[SCRIPT] Advanced Thruster Control V1.10 : Updated 17/04/2011

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

klarch
x3tc

Post by klarch » Thu, 8. Apr 10, 11:30

ONETONTOMATO wrote:raised my notoriety to purchase my new toy; upon my attempt, the trade restriction was still applied and the required rank is boron readtext22-411 or somethin' of the sort
I have the same problem when I try to buy this upgrade. Any help would be appreciated.

ONETONTOMATO

Post by ONETONTOMATO » Thu, 8. Apr 10, 12:12

I surmise one must complete the Hub...though i have only had a chance to postulate...

Boogabu

Post by Boogabu » Tue, 11. May 10, 08:29

I cheat-installed this ware, and while it technically works, everything is... shaky?

It's like my ship is trying to move in the direction I'm pointed (backward - in the direction I'm coming FROM), but the ware is pushing me the other way. At first, I thought it was just a graphical glitch, but I targeted a station and while I DO move backward, the distance reflects what's actually happening. (i.e., 10.5km, 10.4, 10.5, 10.4, 10.3, 10.4, 10.3, 10.2...)

I thought I might have to cut engines for it to work properly, but no, it shakes less and less until I'm not moving.

Hope I've explained it well enough.

I really hope you figure this out. It would be absolutely awesome for a Kestrel or other fast ship.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 11. May 10, 15:41

Boogabu wrote:I cheat-installed this ware, and while it technically works, everything is... shaky?

It's like my ship is trying to move in the direction I'm pointed (backward - in the direction I'm coming FROM), but the ware is pushing me the other way. At first, I thought it was just a graphical glitch, but I targeted a station and while I DO move backward, the distance reflects what's actually happening. (i.e., 10.5km, 10.4, 10.5, 10.4, 10.3, 10.4, 10.3, 10.2...)

I thought I might have to cut engines for it to work properly, but no, it shakes less and less until I'm not moving.

Hope I've explained it well enough.

I really hope you figure this out. It would be absolutely awesome for a Kestrel or other fast ship.
thats exactly whats happening.
the game moves the ship in the direction you are pointing, no way to stop that.

the script moves your ship to the new calculated position in the direction you need to go
Its the limit of the scripting engine

Boogabu

Post by Boogabu » Tue, 11. May 10, 20:21

Aw! So this is normal operation... :(

Chobittsu
x4

Post by Chobittsu » Wed, 26. May 10, 22:44

Yet again, you saved my ass. Thanks Cyc

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 27. May 10, 00:19

Boogabu wrote:Aw! So this is normal operation... :(
pretty much, a few tweaks to the algorthim might improve it slightly, but its limited by whats possible in the game engine

having no floating point calculations dont make it easy either :P

DaveyP
x3tc

Post by DaveyP » Wed, 2. Jun 10, 20:50

I get a readtext error on the required rank when it shows in the eq dock. I'm Top Boron Rank.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers.

Alexfighter

Post by Alexfighter » Wed, 7. Jul 10, 20:26

Hi. Is this script still maintained? I see the ware as a ZA_EMP_BLANK_WARE but Can't fix the reference for my savegame in the script editor because when I choose 'Select Ware' I can't find the proper name of the ware. I'm looking for 'Advanced Thruster something'.

Am I wrong? The Thruster Override hotkey is in the menu and double-checked that the ZA_EMP_BLANK really is corresponding to this script.

dctrjons
x4

Post by dctrjons » Mon, 12. Jul 10, 03:49

Going to muck around a bit, but I also can't get this to work. Is there a Betty notification, just so I know what it is while testing?

Have a few mods and this and emp were the last installed, and have the list of ZZ's talked about and cheated in the thruster control, but nothing when the key is bound. So I'll look some more and hopefully if I figure it out, be able to duplicate and explain for others.

Alexfighter

Post by Alexfighter » Wed, 21. Jul 10, 19:04

Thanks to Exscriptor program I've just found that this script collides with LV's Deathmatch Arena. They both use ware number 13203.

This scripts adds the Advanced Thruster Control in that slot, while DMA adds Wormhole Jump Generator in the same slot.

In my case, DMA has taken preference.

Alexfighter

Post by Alexfighter » Wed, 21. Jul 10, 19:31

I see that all T-files except 44 have a different ID for the ware: 10733.

I've changed 44 to that ID and reinstalled. It's OK now, I could fix the reference once inside the game, as Advanced Thruster Control already appeared inside the Script Editor.

nairax

Post by nairax » Fri, 23. Jul 10, 08:49

I had the ZA_etc problem, also. Looked up the setup script in Exscriptor and noticed that it was referring to a Ware with ID 13083, but the Ware mentioned in 7540-L044.xml was 13203/13204. Changed it to 13083/13084 in the xml and it fixed it.

atomota
x3tc

Post by atomota » Sat, 11. Dec 10, 21:01

Looks like this script isn't being supported.
Tried the fixes by alexfighter and nairax with no love, tho I'm admittedly no scripter. All I get is the ZA_#@%$# in Boron EQ, at the same price as the Advanced Nav software. When I cheat my rep high enough to buy it (the highest Boron), the needed rep (on the right) turns to a readtext#!
I'm using X3TC 3.0, Bonus Pack, PM Lite 1.30 RC1, and have only Cycrow's Advanced Jumpdrive, Advanced Nav, Community Plugin Config, Ware and Hotkey Managers and Cheats, as well LV Udgrade Kits. Everything else is available and working, so I don't think there are any conflicts, just one broken script.

Too bad, sounds like it would be good.

masskaos
x3tc

This is what worked for me

Post by masskaos » Tue, 28. Dec 10, 08:34

I'm returning to X3 after a long pause. This was one of my favorite scripts before, so not working in X3TC 3.0 did not make me a happy camper. I got the ZA_EMP_BLANK_WARE..blaa..blaa.blaa too. So, I took the plung into the scripting world to try to figure out if I could learn enough quickly to fix the script. Clearly there is a lot to be learned with regards to writing even a basic script. That being said, it turned out a little experimentation with the script editor paid big dividends. Not sure if this is the root cause, not being competent at scripting and all, but Cycrow's scripts were made with script version 43 and the current script editor is version 44.

Anywho, the details to fix it were-
1) Installed the latest version of EMP, actually EMP-X
2) Opened script editor from inside program. Search forums for how to do this. Described by others. I don't need to repeat here.
3) find the script, SETUP.CYCROW.ADVTHRUST and load it into the editor. i.e. highlight and hit return or maybe even just click on the name
4) Notice the ZA_EMP_BLANK_WARE..blaa..blaa , it should read Advanced Thruster Control
5) click on the ZA_EMP_... name and that takes you to another screen
6) At the bottom of that screen is WARES ITEM
7) click on it and scroll down the list of wares until you see Advanced Thruster Control. Click on it and it replaces the ZA_EMP_... name.
8) hit the escape key to exit and save.
9) Now highlight the SETUP.CYCROW.ADVTHRUST script and hit the R key to run the script.
10) No go check your local Boron Equip. Doc. It should be there.
11) However, the script will not work if you install it in your ship at this point because the hotkey script is broken too :( So, go back to the script editor and look for the script, PLUGIN.ADVTHURST.HOTKEY. Repeat the same process to update the script with the correct name, Advance Thruster Control.
12) Now the ware should show up in the station and work when installed in your ship and you hit the hotkey button.

Enjoy, I am!

Phosphene
x3tc

Post by Phosphene » Sat, 16. Apr 11, 00:09

I installed this but I don't see the ware in any equipment docks. Furthermore, I don't see any place where I can set the hotkey.

I have cycrow's plugin manager v1.40 beta (and the community and ware manager that comes with it), version 2 of the following EMP mod http://www.after-domination.net/phpbb3/ ... ?f=28&t=92, and Cycrow's hotkey manager installed (along with a variety of other mods scripts, if that seems important i will list them).

Anyway I'd really like to try this but it just isn't showing up in the EQ docks. Any ideas?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 17. Apr 11, 14:24

Updated: 1.10

adjusted ware to work with newest EMP-X (Installed via plugin manager)

Phosphene
x3tc

Post by Phosphene » Mon, 18. Apr 11, 11:38

That fix put the ATC into supply docks, but I remain unable to purchase it as I have not reached the elusive boron notoriety level "Read_Text_###".

Also it costs 17 million credits. This seems a wee bit pricy.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 19. Apr 11, 13:19

this is most likly an error in EMP

ill have a look at moving the ware elsewhere

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Wed, 31. Aug 11, 15:22

thnks for this script .. looks like the one i was looking for. :)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”