[SCRIPT] Advanced Thruster Control V1.10 : Updated 17/04/2011

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

[SCRIPT] Advanced Thruster Control V1.10 : Updated 17/04/2011

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 2. Jun 09, 16:44

=============================================
Script: Advanced Thruster Control
Created: 17/04/2011
Version: 1.10
Author: Cycrow
Game: X3: Terran Conflict
=============================================

:arrow: Installation:
  • [ external image ]

Install via the Plugin Manager
    :?: Requires Ware Manager
    :?: Recommended Hotkey Manager

Hotkey manager is not needed, but highly recommended. Without it your hotkey wont be removed if you uninstall the script.

Ware Manager is required and the script wont work without it
:arrow: Introduction:
  • This script adds a new device into the game, the Advanced Thruster Control system. When activated, allows you to fly in one direction while facing another, allowing you to turn around and shoot behind you while still traveling forward
:arrow: Assigning Hotkey:
  • Before you can make use of the advanced thruster control, you need to set the hotkey, this is done in the controls menu under the interface tab.
    set the key for "Thruster Override"
:arrow: Thruster Control:
  • To enable the thruster control, simply press the hotkey, press it again to deactivate it.
    when activated it will cause your ship to carry on traveling in the same direction regardless of what direction your facing in.

This will allow you to turn the ship around to shoot whats behind you while still traveling away from them.
Last edited by Cycrow on Tue, 1. Mar 16, 16:45, edited 2 times in total.

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Tue, 2. Jun 09, 22:34

Class, it'll be like flying a BSG Viper, not that I actually know what its like but you get the idea.

Another great addition :)

LA

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Tue, 2. Jun 09, 23:09

woho!!!!! that's great! when I activate the thruster I cannot change my course until is deactivated, isn't it?

a preview of a "real phisics" TC! :D
Trade, Fight, Build, Think, Modify.
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock
SIDE/TOP/FRONT Ship Size Comparison
Remember young Padawan: money stolen can be, time cannot.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 3. Jun 09, 05:06

thats correct yeah, you will continue along the course ur were heading when u activated, its not 100% accurate, so u might go slightly off course once in a while, but u will still travel in rougly the right direction

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Thu, 4. Jun 09, 06:50

Sounds great. But one question, does it suffer from the problem back in the x3r version where the debris in space wouldn't change it's course according to yours? Making it look a bit strange when you slid.

wardancer67

Post by wardancer67 » Fri, 19. Jun 09, 14:14

dear Mr Cycrow,
...first off kudos 2 your excellent scripts, many of which i am an avid user...after years of slightly pathological X3 playing:-), i´ve turned my sights on making small machinimas...so the Advanced Thruster Control sounded like just the thing for advanced camera movements...i followed your instructions to the letter...unfortunatly when activating the set hotkey nothing happens...no turning round whilst flying in a set direction:-(...

I´m running X3.TC 2.1 on win7 ultimate...i have a bunch of other stuff running like Cheat Collection Package/emp/Hotkey Manager/ware manager/move to coordinates...etc...

my question would be: have i overlooked something? is there a way 2 get it working without resorting 2 a reinstall in order 2 eliminate possible mod/script clashes?

thx in advance 4 any insight on the matter:-)...
greetz & good hunting
wardancer

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 19. Jun 09, 14:32

maybe a silly question, but did u install the device onto your ship ?

wardancer67

Post by wardancer67 » Fri, 19. Jun 09, 16:23

...duh...good point :lol:
nevertheless, i found it, assuming "Verbesserte Thruster-Kontrolle" is the german equivalant, and installed it 2 my ship (Nova)...i noticed it stayed in the wares section of the cargobay and not in the installed components section (a "installed message is heard though)...on setting the hotkey i also noticed that Thrusteroverride was in there twice!!!...the pluginmanager shows only one Adv.Thrust.Contr. 1.00 installed (seemingly as a subfolder of the waresmanager)...gave them both a different hotkey...still no response ingame...i dont know if i should hear a confirmation message, but i dont...

i´ve considered that i may be using it wrong...i imagine that whilst going straight ahead and then activating ATC i would be able 2 turn 180 degrees (joystick) and be travelling backwards...have i got that right?

i have your cheatpackage running and Thereshallbewings...i´ll try a new game without activating Thereshallbewings...a shot in the dark:-)...if that doesnt help i´ll just have 2 reinstall and limmit mods to the ATC...

thxs 4 your patience & insight:-)...i would really love this mod 2 work:-)
greetz from vienna
wardancer

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 19. Jun 09, 19:22

once its activated and you turn, u can usually notice its effects

riky69

Post by riky69 » Sat, 20. Jun 09, 13:07

Is it also compatible with X3 reunion?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 20. Jun 09, 20:14

no its not.

no TC scripts will be compatable with X3R as they are using a higher version of the script editor which wont be supported in X3R.

there is however an X3 version available, in the X3R S&M forum listing

riky69

Post by riky69 » Sat, 20. Jun 09, 20:47

i ve tried to download the X3 R version but it s unaviable.. the link is broken

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 21. Jun 09, 13:34

riky69

Post by riky69 » Sun, 21. Jun 09, 14:08

Perfect thnx a lot :)

DevilDog_016
x3

Post by DevilDog_016 » Wed, 16. Sep 09, 03:15

Ahhh, just like the S.L.I.D.E maneuver that used to be in Tachyon: The Fringe. I'll give it a try and see what happens.
Yo dawg, I heard you like plasma, so we put HEPTs in yo HEPTs so you can blast foos while you blast foos!

Proud owner of an original copy of Tachyon The Fringe.

Elffin
x3tc

Post by Elffin » Wed, 16. Sep 09, 21:41

Thanks Cycrow - awesome work as usual!

daladim

Post by daladim » Fri, 6. Nov 09, 22:26

I have this script installed, and really want to use it, because it makes the ship function much like the mechanics found in Freelancer, my favorite game. But I can't figure out how to use it. I set the hotkey for shift+X, but nothing happens. I would expect that I need to install some equipment for this to work, but where do I find the equipment? I use the cheat menu, but there is nothing under wares, and nothing under upgrades. I seem to be having the same problem with the other Cycrow scripts I installed too. What am I doing wrong?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 6. Nov 09, 22:43

it requires EMP to add the wares, so if u dont have that installed, then it wont work

once u have the ware installed on your ship, it should then work

daladim

Post by daladim » Sat, 7. Nov 09, 02:41

I have EMP installed. At least it says it is installed. Says extended Mod Pack v 1.4 by Digsin/LV, and it has a grey check mark under yes for being installed, just like all other mods I have installed.

I have the hotkey manager, Turbo booster, Ware manager, Advanced thruster control, and Slipstream drive installed. And none of them seem to work. If I am supposed to purchase this stuff at a station or add it as a ware in the script editor, where is it or what is it's name? Because there is nothing in the script editors list of wares and upgrades that even remotely resembles any of this stuff.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 7. Nov 09, 03:05

did you check if theres any hotkeys for them ?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”