[MINI-MOD] Resized Aldrin Big Rock

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Thu, 18. Mar 10, 01:16

Killa17 wrote:[...] so it'd be 10.cat, and 11.dat.)
Correct answer would be 10.cat and 10.dat in your case. The .cat- and .dat-files of the same mod must be the same number.

Ratlaw
x3tc

Post by Ratlaw » Thu, 18. Mar 10, 01:42

Killa17 wrote:
Ratlaw wrote:This mod is broken. I tryed to use the SPK version...dont work. Then I downloaded the zip and added it to my mods folder....it dont work. Am I doing something wrong here or what? I hate that rock and I want it gone!
For the SPK version, you have to select in in the X3TC launcher. Click the Mods button, selct it, hit ok, then start the game. voila. For the raw cat/dat method, open the folder x3tc.exe is in, set the folder view to sort by name, find 1.dat, 1.cat, 2.dat, 2.cat, and so on, go to the final pair, and rename the mod cat/dat to the next sequential number. (I believe vanilla TC has 9 cat/dats, so it'd be 10.cat, and 11.dat.)
Thank you that did the trick=)

Killa17
x4

Post by Killa17 » Thu, 18. Mar 10, 03:41

Saetan wrote:
Correct answer would be 10.cat and 10.dat in your case. The .cat- and .dat-files of the same mod must be the same number.
That's what I meant, typos in instructions are a bad thing, and I just noticed that.
Ratlaw wrote:Thank you that did the trick=)
No problem, glad to help! ;)
XenTech Industries: Currently engaged in corporate warfare with The Phanon Corporation.
-----------------------------------------------------------
[ external image ]

Ratlaw
x3tc

Post by Ratlaw » Thu, 18. Mar 10, 04:36

Killa17 wrote:
Saetan wrote:
That's what I meant, typos in instructions are a bad thing, and I just noticed that.
Ratlaw wrote:Thank you that did the trick=)
No problem, glad to help! ;)
Shoot, I'm sorry man. It dident work. I found it in the SPK pacages, and I enabled it...so I thought it worked,but I went out to Aldrin and that huge mother is still there! So, thanks for trying to help me, but I think that rock is going to haunt me forever!

Killa17
x4

Post by Killa17 » Fri, 19. Mar 10, 03:54

Are you sure you selected it in the Mods section of the X3TC launcher? When done via SPK, that HAS to be done.
XenTech Industries: Currently engaged in corporate warfare with The Phanon Corporation.
-----------------------------------------------------------
[ external image ]

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Fri, 19. Mar 10, 05:10

@ Ratlaw

I've noticed you complain in a couple of mods threads about stuff not working.

Tip for you.

Only 1 mod can be selected at a time for use in the Mods section of the X3TC launcher...any other mod will need to be used as a Fake patch.

Also, many mods as fake patches will conflict with each other and cause readtexts/ships not to appear/Aldrin rock to stay the same/other stuff to do weird things etc etc.

Most mods use the same files and alter them all differently and thats why some of your mods may seem broken

You'll need to list all the scripts and mods you have installed with your game in future for folks to help, just stating a mod is broken when others use it ok is a tad annoying to the guys who create them.

So please in future list your Mods and Scripts so people will have a better idea of whats gone wrong in your game and be able to better help you.

This post is meant to help you and not to pick on you.

HTH.

Argo.
[MOD]X3TC No Fog / [MOD]X3AP No Fog / [MD]X3TC Menagerie Shipyard / [MD]X3AP Menagerie Shipyard
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

XBTF>XT>X2TT>X3R>X3TC>X3AP>X4F

I lurk alot for the most part now
:thumb_up:

Ratlaw
x3tc

Post by Ratlaw » Fri, 19. Mar 10, 05:28

Argonaught. wrote:@ Ratlaw

I've noticed you complain in a couple of mods threads about stuff not working.

Tip for you.

Only 1 mod can be selected at a time for use in the Mods section of the X3TC launcher...any other mod will need to be used as a Fake patch.

Also, many mods as fake patches will conflict with each other and cause readtexts/ships not to appear/Aldrin rock to stay the same/other stuff to do weird things etc etc.

Most mods use the same files and alter them all differently and thats why some of your mods may seem broken

You'll need to list all the scripts and mods you have installed with your game in future for folks to help, just stating a mod is broken when others use it ok is a tad annoying to the guys who create them.

So please in future list your Mods and Scripts so people will have a better idea of whats gone wrong in your game and be able to better help you.

This post is meant to help you and not to pick on you.

HTH.

Argo.
Oh, I know it. Thanks.

Anticept
x4

Post by Anticept » Sun, 30. May 10, 04:01

Clicked on SPK link:
That item seems to be missing
Someone may have deleted or moved the item, or you may not have permission to view it. If you have questions about this item, contact the person who created it.
Signature.

Stacy

Post by Stacy » Sun, 30. May 10, 11:07

I would like an Ore mine on that rock that generates 10000 ore a minute!
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

BlackRazor
x4

Post by BlackRazor » Sun, 30. May 10, 11:56

Anticept wrote:Clicked on SPK link:
That item seems to be missing
Someone may have deleted or moved the item, or you may not have permission to view it. If you have questions about this item, contact the person who created it.
Yeah, both files are offline.

Anybody knows if I can redistribute the file or if I need a permission form the mod author ? Because he hasn't been online for months so I don't think I would ever receive such authorization.
"For the love of the Fish-Queen!"

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Sun, 30. May 10, 16:04

any alternate download source? Live thing does not work for me.

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Sun, 30. May 10, 22:38

Might get my hands smacked for suggesting this. But.....

I have a small mod called "HolyAsteroids Mod". I could resize the Aldrin Asteroid and add it to my mod. I wouldn't be using his files, just redoing what the original author did. I could also reduce the number of polygons on that model, which would make it different from his mod anyway.

Though, I have tried a reduced poly Aldrin asteroid/moon and didn't notice any FPS imporvment using FRAPS.

I would like for someone with the power to say yay or nay before I would do this, being an artist I do not like to infringe on others creative rights.
And, I consider this a very gray line. Though I can also see it as two differnet artist standing 3 feet apart and painting the same scene. The pictures may look similar bu will have differences, if you get my drift.
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

Been with the X-series from the beginning. If it happens in the X_Universe I've been there done that several times over.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sun, 30. May 10, 23:43

I found the .rar-file in my archives, which I have renamed to "someone else - 2009.05.29 - Resized Aldrin Big Rock". But inside the .rar, the .cat- and .dat-files are named "RemoveAldrinBigRock".

I used that mod before, and had the resized version of it, as far as I remember. But as I don't have been to Aldrin yet, I can't tell for sure.

I could upload it to my webspace, but as I'm not someone else I want to try to talk to him first, before I add a direct link. But I think it should be ok, to offer the link in the meantime via PN.

Best regards
Saetan

edit: Just imported the body-file of the rock in gmax, the aldrin rock is there. So its the resized version, as I already thought.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 31. May 10, 00:18

TEKing66 wrote: I would like for someone with the power to say yay or nay
yay

Saetan

don't be redistributing the same mod, i've no doubt the orig author wouldn't mind but until he says so you better steer clear or you'll be on the recieving end of the power TEKing66 was refering to ;)
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Mon, 31. May 10, 00:50

Then by the power invested in me by LV, I will do as I have stated above.

I believe that to better keep track of my goings on all additional post and request for my part of this project would be better placed in the thread pretaining to my mod. That post is here; http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... cd71eea695

@LV - If I have goofed by making the above statement, please smack me on the back of the hand. :)
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

Been with the X-series from the beginning. If it happens in the X_Universe I've been there done that several times over.

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Sun, 6. Jun 10, 22:34

BlackRazor wrote: Yeah, both files are offline.

Anybody knows if I can redistribute the file or if I need a permission form the mod author ? Because he hasn't been online for months so I don't think I would ever receive such authorization.
You and anyone else are authorized to redistribute and modify, integrate, or otherwise use my work wherever you want.

I won't come back anytime soon due to real-life problems. :(
Trade, Fight, Build, Think, Modify.
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock
SIDE/TOP/FRONT Ship Size Comparison
Remember young Padawan: money stolen can be, time cannot.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sun, 6. Jun 10, 22:53

someone else wrote:You and anyone else are authorized to redistribute and modify, integrate, or otherwise use my work wherever you want.
There I go:
Resized Aldrin Big Rock

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Tue, 8. Jun 10, 02:19

thank you

ADStryker
x3tc

Post by ADStryker » Tue, 8. Jun 10, 07:40

someone else wrote:...I won't come back anytime soon due to real-life problems. :(
Sorry to hear that. Take care of yourself!
PSCO1 Cockpits | lowpolyroids-2.04 | Satellite Early Warning Network | Station Camper | Universal Best Buys/Sells | Invasion Warnings | ResizedAldrinBigRock | Equipment R&D | Lowpoly Complex Tubes | Mobile Ship Repairs | Player Workshop | Marauder Shipyard

nomad_623
x3tc

Post by nomad_623 » Sun, 25. Jul 10, 10:38

hi, does anyone still have the original remove Aldrin rock mod/ the mod that makes it a standard asteroid?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”