[ALP]Imperial Laboratories: Escape Pods 1.1 28/5/09

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

X2-Eliah
x4

Post by X2-Eliah » Sat, 18. Jul 09, 10:03

Suggestion - don't mess around with names, especially pilot names, people tend to get jumpy at that.
If you must, add not a prefix, but an.. eh.. afterfix?

Like:
S.S. Exile <- no pod
S.S. Exile [St.Pod] <- standard pod

anneonemous
x3tc

Post by anneonemous » Sat, 18. Jul 09, 15:47

LV -

The indicator is probably not important- I an always toggle to check.

Another question: Do you eject at whichever threshold is crossed first, or do both thresholds have to be crossed?

If the calc is an "OR" rather than "AND", will a negative percentage cause any problems (i.e. use -ve shields, and hull at 30% to always force eject only when hull drops below 30).

I had settings at default yesterday, was trying to cap a Hyperion, and as soon as my shield dropped below 30%, I was auto-ejected :)

Thanks,

AON.

Coruskane
x4

Post by Coruskane » Mon, 3. Aug 09, 18:49

the *best* mod for dead=dead players, this is seriously cool. It gets annoying being picked off in your space suit by m5s when I kindly leave them :cry:. I would be opposed to any change in the current pricing structure. Firstly they cost up to about the price of an m5 for an effectively glorified drone, which is fine but any more would be o.t.t imo. Secondly you have just lost your ship anyway, which is enough of an incentive to be careful in the first place!

thanks for another well made and bug-free script!

anneonemous
x3tc

Post by anneonemous » Tue, 4. Aug 09, 02:40

Pricing - should be 50% of your current net worth; a salvage "ransom", as it were. Not sure how easy it is to calculate net worth though.

Ejecting should not be something done likely, in my opinion. Yes, I'm a DiD player.

AoN.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 4. Aug 09, 19:59

anneonemous wrote:LV -

Another question: Do you eject at whichever threshold is crossed first, or do both thresholds have to be crossed?

AON.
I'd have to double check but i think if shield is set to 0 and hull at 56% it will eject at 56% hull but that's cutting it fine for living
anneonemous wrote:Pricing - should be 50% of your current net worth;

AoN.
nah, i'm getting conflicting idea's over pricing as this one means a player would have to fork out billions possibility and people would simply reload apart from the purist of purists negating what i wrote this for.
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Coruskane
x4

Post by Coruskane » Sat, 8. Aug 09, 11:48

besides, 50% of net worth makes absolutely no sense when it starts being millions. An escape pod smaller than an M5 but worth more than an M1...

OOZ662
x4

Post by OOZ662 » Sun, 30. Aug 09, 11:13

Just had a rather irritating scenario.

Plodding along in my Cerberus. Set to eject my pod at 0% shields, 50% hull. Massive patrol goes through, waxes poor little Nova, he bails. I head over to claim the ship and it has a docking computer in it. I figure, heck, I have a transporter device and it has a docking computer; I'll jump into it and insta-dock it instead of waiting around for it to dock itself. It has 100% shield and 36% hull. As soon as I transporter-device over, my escape pod bails from the Nova and it self destructs...

I thought this would only work in the ship you "installed" the pod to? Seems rather weird to have it follow you. Also, having full shields but depleted hull and ditching is a waste. :)

Thanks for the hard work, LV.

superbun
x3tc

Post by superbun » Sun, 30. Aug 09, 17:16

Great Idea!

Just one problem, the "Escape pod" which is actualy a Camera Drone dosent have a gravidar built-in, so you cant detect anything if you fly through a sector you havent been in before...I sugest you install one...
Last transmission of split military python AE-316:
"Split say...ARRRGG!"
-------------------------------------------------------
X3:TC Soundtracks Tutoral

anneonemous
x3tc

Post by anneonemous » Sun, 30. Aug 09, 18:44

besides, 50% of net worth makes absolutely no sense when it starts being millions. An escape pod smaller than an M5 but worth more than an M1...
The value isn't in the hardware (the ship), it's a ransom for the cargo (the tycoon inside).

AoN

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 3. Sep 09, 17:39

OOZ662 wrote:Just had a rather irritating scenario.

Thanks for the hard work, LV.
sounds like the check needs to have is playership still the playership as it appears if i read it right that the timer waited too long between the transport to the other ship and fired the pod.

I've jumped ships many times without this problem but never to a < 100% ship hence why i may have missed.

I'll look over the weekend
superbun wrote:Great Idea!

Just one problem, the "Escape pod" which is actualy a Camera Drone dosent have a gravidar built-in, so you cant detect anything if you fly through a sector you havent been in before...I sugest you install one...
it's an escape pod not a chuffin tourbus : request denied :)
LV's TC Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

xcal13
x4

Post by xcal13 » Sat, 6. Feb 10, 22:58

lol i was scripting on my old comp which is to slow to play this game properly
it was cool to fly away as everything exloded
"War, war never changes..."

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Sun, 7. Feb 10, 03:42

Nice going, LV :)
Have to test this one in my next game.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Wed, 21. Apr 10, 10:50

I just wanted to thank you for this plug-in :)

I haven't tested it very much but I was wondering:

1. When I load a save game it seems I have to reset the Shield/Hull to be sure the Pod works. ->It might be that I switched ships and thats why I had to reset when getting back? I will test this but haven't gotten around to it yet.

2. I guess the different instalments are saved for the ships.

This will make DiD games truly viable!

Cheers!
Projects:
Onhold..... time time....

Sublogics
x4

Post by Sublogics » Wed, 16. Feb 11, 12:13

A few minutes ago i experienced something funny:
Flying a Argon Gladiator M8 and have got owned by some M4 Pirates. Ok, ejecting Escape Pod (Presidental one) and i said to myself "puh, at least alive". Choosed to dock at local Trading Station, Pod did it. But a second after Pod docked at Station it undocked with me, exploded and Game Over. :D funny bug...

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 16. Feb 11, 19:29

possibly but i would need to check the code, either it did not realise you were in it (it docks and destructs by default) or it thinks you ejected from the pod/undocked from station, from memory once you land if you undock it goes to SD

there's also the potential it was something else like the station undocking you and triggering the SD

i would recommend you leave the pod soon as you dock and stay in your spacesuit to be safe

chuffing teladi, i knew that batch of navigation chips they sold me were duff!
LV's TC Scripts

Sublogics
x4

Post by Sublogics » Mon, 21. Feb 11, 18:59

Next Poding, same behaviour. Ejected in Pod, docked and instantly undocked and game over. This time i docked at a shipyard and bought a new ship before pod docked. But i havent had a chance to change to new ship.
I guess this is a problem with another script, cause no one other seems to have this problem.
Next time i will try to eject from pod to space suit before pod docks. If im right this should work to with automatically self destruct of pod.

Strancer

Post by Strancer » Fri, 3. Jun 11, 01:07

is this compatible with x-tended?

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 3. Jun 11, 08:38

no idea, let me know if you try it

Strancer

Post by Strancer » Fri, 3. Jun 11, 14:18

ok i will try it as soon as i install the mod :P, i think this is a must-have script specially in new universe ^^

Edit: it works good at the moment, at least it spawn and it can be activated, but i didn't needed to use it so i don't know if it works, but i'm sure that it works great ^^

Drewgamer
x4

Post by Drewgamer » Wed, 24. Aug 11, 20:31

Will this eject you if you are "insta-killed"? I use XRM, which speeds up all missiles (including Capital-Class). So when my poor little M4 gets hit by a Hammerhead Torpedo it goes "pop" instantly, forcing me to reload :( If this script ejects on ship death, that would be 100x better than having to reload ^_^
Check out my mod Crystal Rarities

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”