[MOD] Logain Industries Strategic Sector Defence Network (SSDN) - v5 (11/08/2010)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Wed, 27. May 09, 01:19

Have you tweaked the fighter drone's stats?

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Wed, 27. May 09, 08:13

Hieronymos wrote:Have you tweaked the fighter drone's stats?
No not as yet, the initial release will just use the normal Drones. I will be adding at least another three custom Drones at a later date.

As it stands it works well with just the normal Drones.

LA

Logain Abler
x4

Unconfirmed surveillance footage has been released of SSDN in action

Post by Logain Abler » Thu, 28. May 09, 21:01

Unconfirmed surveillance footage has been released of SSDN in action.

According to sources a prototype SSDN C&CC has been deployed and used in a Pirate suppression operation called Overwatch. Sources close to the military development arm of Logain Industries stated that the Pirate elements were taken by complete surprise and sustained heavy losses prior to retreat.

Logain Industries have not confirmed any involvement in the recent operation, or an operational date for SSDN.

YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ_4Zv43Q70

Download:
http://rapidshare.com/files/238254192/SSDN_02.zip

LA

Tasolth

Post by Tasolth » Thu, 28. May 09, 21:17

Pretty cool imo. One thing... that music makes me want to play Homeworld all over again >.<

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Thu, 28. May 09, 21:22

Tasolth wrote:Pretty cool imo. One thing... that music makes me want to play Homeworld all over again >.<
Cheers :D

Still one of the greatest RTS ever imo, love that piece of music, so space opera

LA

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Thu, 28. May 09, 23:50

Logain Abler wrote:
Tasolth wrote:Pretty cool imo. One thing... that music makes me want to play Homeworld all over again >.<
Cheers :D

Still one of the greatest RTS ever imo, love that piece of music, so space opera

LA
That is why I have the Homeworld I and II Soundtracks :D Love the music although when I am running Final Fury I usually kick in Hammerfall or DragonForce :P
MOD XR Show Skills

Flying spaceships since 1993.

Babarix
x4

Post by Babarix » Fri, 29. May 09, 13:06

This Video looks really good.
I think i should hurry to build my Keris Complex.

Keep up the good work!

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Fri, 29. May 09, 13:18

Babarix wrote:This Video looks really good.
I think i should hurry to build my Keris Complex.

Keep up the good work!
I hope to have the initial release out this weekend, real life permitting

LA

Logain Abler
x4

Initial Release v1

Post by Logain Abler » Sun, 31. May 09, 21:14

Initial Release v1 uploaded.

See OP for Download links

LA

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Tue, 2. Jun 09, 13:23

Not much interest in SSDN which is fine :)
But now I'm not sure I’ll commit the time in adding custom Drones as in-game ones do the job nicely. I may do as a learning exercise at a later date.

Think I’ll put this on the back burner until I’ve re-built FDN and the new patch comes out.

LA

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Tue, 2. Jun 09, 13:49

I wouldn't say there isn't much interest. I'd be more inclined to say there isn't much understanding as to what this does. The videos are great, but they show ships blowing up. The story line is imaginative, but, what does this do exactly? Create a station that performs defense of a sector using drones? Kind of like CODEA for a station?

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Tue, 2. Jun 09, 14:15

russbo wrote:I wouldn't say there isn't much interest. I'd be more inclined to say there isn't much understanding as to what this does. The videos are great, but they show ships blowing up. The story line is imaginative, but, what does this do exactly? Create a station that performs defense of a sector using drones? Kind of like CODEA for a station?
Yes, in a nutshell :)

It’s something which if I remember rightly was hinted at during the run-up to release but not added for the player, Military outposts with fighter wings. Rather than use expensive, and hard to fit ships in a defensive role it used drones. Unfortunately the drones don’t show up to well in the video, even when engaging smaller fighters.

It’s automated and as long as it’s got drones it does a great job of keeping areas clear & safe.

I've not used CODEA myself, although I've read the post, and it does sound impressive. To be honest SSDN is nowhere in the same league as CODEA :oops:

LA

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 2. Jun 09, 15:06

I'm still not able to play the game, but will be adding this as soon as I can.

Babarix
x4

Post by Babarix » Tue, 2. Jun 09, 17:01

I tested it an it is great!

I wipe out Argon Prime with 5000 Kris in store.
And i only lose 300 of them.

The normal Sector defense works great to.

I place the control center in the Hub Sector and luckily my Kris Complex(35 Kris Stations) was already finished.

But i would be happy if you add one more thing:
A Option were i can set the number of drones it sends again the ship types e.g. M1=50,M4=10,...

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Tue, 2. Jun 09, 18:13

Babarix wrote:I tested it an it is great!

I wipe out Argon Prime with 5000 Kris in store.
And i only lose 300 of them.

The normal Sector defense works great to.

I place the control center in the Hub Sector and luckily my Kris Complex(35 Kris Stations) was already finished.

But i would be happy if you add one more thing:
A Option were i can set the number of drones it sends again the ship types e.g. M1=50,M4=10,...
Thanks for the feedback. I already intend on making the number of Drones per ship type a player set limit. There's going to be an additional Global settings for that in the next release.

v1 is just a working baseline of what I wanted, so it was just easier & quicker to set the limit in the script.

LA

Marodeur
xr

Post by Marodeur » Tue, 2. Jun 09, 21:32

Would be fun if Pirates use that system to defend their bases. :D

As addition to anarkis defense system which use pirates to defend the base with fighters, attacking a pirate base would be much more interesting... hrhr...

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Tue, 2. Jun 09, 21:47

Marodeur wrote:Would be fun if Pirates use that system to defend their bases. :D

As addition to anarkis defense system which use pirates to defend the base with fighters, attacking a pirate base would be much more interesting... hrhr...
I might look into that for later release :)

LA

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 3. Jun 09, 00:34

Quick little setup script to find all pirate bases, and put a defense station in near them.

No reason why they cant have stolen your technology. :D

Question : Where do these drones come from ? Does it produce them itself or do you have to make or buy them yourself ?

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Wed, 3. Jun 09, 08:38

apricotslice wrote:Quick little setup script to find all pirate bases, and put a defense station in near them.

No reason why they cant have stolen your technology. :D

Question : Where do these drones come from ? Does it produce them itself or do you have to make or buy them yourself ?
Good idea, I need to do a bit of research into the nuts & bolts, MARS could be a starting point. I can just picture the Drone on Drone action between player & pirate SSDNs; it would be a pure war of attrition.

You either have to buy the drones or make them.

The script installs all the appropriate drone stations to the races Shipyards, so as long as you have a good standing with one race your okay, the exception is the Keris which is the only ones available from Terran Shipyards.

As the SSDN is a HQ theres no reason why it can't produce drones itself once the hq.xml is updated. I'm thinking of adding the basic fighter drone and Adv Sat. I'll also be looking at a script which deploys/replaces Adv Sat to sectors within SSDN range (Adv Sat production is also something I’ll add to FDNv4).

LA
Last edited by Logain Abler on Wed, 3. Jun 09, 11:10, edited 1 time in total.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 3. Jun 09, 09:32

Whats the loop to producing drones in a factory ? I cant say I've ever made them before.

If you made them by building at the PHQ (which I like the idea of, since once I get mid-game, I tend to scrap ships instead of sell them), could the defense network transfer them to the defense node by itself or do they have to be deployed there ? I think I'd prefer them to be transfered automatically.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”