[SCRIPT] Anarkis Defense System - v2.65.1 - [2010-08-13]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

fud
x3

Post by fud » Sat, 13. Jun 09, 22:17

Ok, I've installed the newest version, got the update IM when loaded.

But fighters still don't do anything. They launch, then idle. Even with an enemy ship within 3km of them (they're set to 10km in the auto carrier settings)..

At this point, they're pretty much worthless.

Another thing, maybe connected, maybe not. When I assign said fighters to protect a given ship, they don't do anything. They follow, but only idle when the target ship is attacked....

Is it something with the actual attack script?

GobsmackedIII
x3tc

Post by GobsmackedIII » Mon, 15. Jun 09, 11:13

I have this script and MARS, one of the two is stopping the correct ship from being created in the Treasure Hunt in 2.1, instead of the prize you are expecting you get a Mammouth..., you might want to check this.

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Mon, 15. Jun 09, 14:36

That doesn't sound right. The prize ship was already in the game files - there's no reason for any mod to make it somehow become some other ship. A script certainly wouldn't do it - only a modification of TShips or the Mission Director file would do that. I don't think ADS mods TShips, either, and the tiny change to TShips in MARS won't do what you're saying.

Do you have any other mods or scripts installed?

fud
x3

Post by fud » Mon, 15. Jun 09, 14:51

ADS is scripts only. There's nothing modding Tships (which your issue sounds like an indexing problem with Tships).

MARS only adds a couple lines at the end, which again, shouldn't affect anything.

In fact, if it did, you'd get a CTD/corrupt save game when loading an existing game.

GobsmackedIII
x3tc

Post by GobsmackedIII » Mon, 15. Jun 09, 17:01

They are the only two scripts I have installed, I did install the OOS rebalance, but my PC could not run it. I just copied back the clean Scripts and t folder and then copied MARS and this script into those folders. I have not touched the mission director folder and MARS was the only thing to change TShips. I will check teh MARS thread.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Mon, 15. Jun 09, 17:14

It sounds like an MD bug in the new patch, to me.

GobsmackedIII
x3tc

Post by GobsmackedIII » Mon, 15. Jun 09, 19:51

It seems to be the MARS repair drones mod that means I have a 2.0 version of TShips. So its nothing to do with this script, which I really like by the way.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Mon, 15. Jun 09, 19:57

Ah. That might do it.

The 2.1 Tships is different indeed.

GobsmackedIII
x3tc

Post by GobsmackedIII » Mon, 15. Jun 09, 20:07

Any advice on how to sort it out? I am completely stumped...

Sahvion
x3tc

Post by Sahvion » Mon, 15. Jun 09, 20:33

I'm kind of curious why this version of Anarkis wasn't made into a .spk like the other....

ragamer
x4

Post by ragamer » Tue, 16. Jun 09, 13:15

Another suggestion. This time goes to "Wing" configurations. The logic I use to setup/select my fighters is basically configuring them against specific targets by creating homogenous speed wings with adecuate weapons to kill the average target that travels at that speed. That gives minimum interception time (and usually kill time also).

When I instruct "Clear Sector" or the "Send Attack Wing" the resulting wings usually contain one of my Slow Heavy Bombers, making them very slow at intercepting some targets.

The Mixed wings created based on Thread Level are nice for the "Clear Sector" (And Protect Target) but as the "Send Attack Wing" requires a Target I wonder if we could get some extra options to only consider fighters that are as fast as possible against that particular target.

I was thinking on how to do this from your script PoV and this is the suggestion I came with:

- Allow for a Carrier Based Option on Hangars ("Setup Fighters", probably) to "Match Speed of Target on Attack Wings" which would be the minimum speed (0 disable this option, 100% default value) a figher should have to qualify for belonging to an Attack Wing against a given target (A typical value of 150% would yield adequate intercept speed wings). Notice that this option just signals a preference... If at some point, there are not enough fighters to fullfill the Threat MUltiplier (see below) the Wing will be configured ignoring this option, as it's the responsability of a Carrier Commander to not strech thin his fighter complement.

Collaterally I would also create another Option Parameter on "Setup Fighters" to control the Threat Level multiple an Attack Wing should honor:

- Threat Level Multiplier (Default 3). The ammount of "Fighter Power" each "Attack Wing" configuration will try to match. It's a multiplier based on the basic Threat Level of your target... A value of 3 will make an Attack Wing against a M3 to be made of 3xM3.

I was also thinking on a way to tell ADS to NOT use specific fighters against specific targets (Namelly, Xenon, Khaak and Yaki) but that would require someking of Flag Labelling system that will make ADS a bit more complex than you have already expressed ADS is meant to be.

EDIT: Clarified some concepts

EDIT2:

Could also rock that an Attack Wing configured like above would show a "preference" for similar targets as the original one selected by the Commander once the current one is destroyed.

crimson522
x4

Post by crimson522 » Tue, 16. Jun 09, 15:17

i think i found a bug with this. everytime i send my fighters out with the "attack my target" hotkey the names of all the fighters reset to the default "your (ship name)". this is fustrating since alot of my fighters r of the same type and i wana be able to tell each one apart

kerDajan
x4

Post by kerDajan » Thu, 18. Jun 09, 22:01

@Serial Kicked
Any word on your server status? I'm assuming their still down atm?

shinyclef

Post by shinyclef » Fri, 19. Jun 09, 07:55

I have never been able to access the server. I don't think it's down, I think it's inaccessible to some parts of the world...
I'm in Japan. But I really want these scripts!!

Mzuz
x3tc

Post by Mzuz » Sun, 21. Jun 09, 18:05

None of my ships launched through this mod from my panther will dock. They all piss about around the back of the ship and constantly switch from the dock command, to either target the target of my ship (which is nothing) or "Retreat". They will not dock, and nothing I've tried to do will get them to dock again.

Marodeur
xr

Post by Marodeur » Wed, 24. Jun 09, 00:56

If my carrier is set to automated mode and a fighter gets destroyed i get a message from "unknown" with no text in it?!? :?

dmichailcz

Post by dmichailcz » Mon, 29. Jun 09, 17:05

Marodeur wrote:If my carrier is set to automated mode and a fighter gets destroyed i get a message from "unknown" with no text in it?!? :?
I've got this problem too, but i haven't installed ADS yet... Are you running any others mod?

Q: Why isn't this script in script library? Or am I blind?
I am not very good in english, so please, forgive me...

m4t3y

Post by m4t3y » Mon, 29. Jun 09, 17:59

download link does not work ;o[

thx for a nice script...

Sniped-Ya
x3tc

I would LOVE to check this out BUT...

Post by Sniped-Ya » Tue, 30. Jun 09, 06:38

As he said the download that was given at the start of this no longer works. Is there a new way to get this?

Thanks folks for letting us pirates play too. LOL
We have a little radio show on Blog Talk Radio your welcome to come to. The above website has the links. Our show focuses on Ministry and sharing biblical truths with a very lost world.

And YES Christians play games to and this one is really fun I must say. LOL

Marodeur
xr

Post by Marodeur » Tue, 30. Jun 09, 11:58

dmichailcz wrote:
Marodeur wrote:If my carrier is set to automated mode and a fighter gets destroyed i get a message from "unknown" with no text in it?!? :?
I've got this problem too, but i haven't installed ADS yet... Are you running any others mod?

Q: Why isn't this script in script library? Or am I blind?

Hm, ok. Yes i have installed other mods and scripts. To much to remember them all and post them at work. ;)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”