[SCRIPT] Anarkis Defense System - v2.65.1 - [2010-08-13]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Higgy10

Post by Higgy10 » Fri, 5. Oct 12, 11:42

jack775544 wrote:
Serial Kicked wrote:The script adds various commands for the M7, M1, TM and TL class ships
I don't see M2 in there ;)
Ya i didnt either but thought i saw i post on one the pages where someone said m2 was supported! No biggie if not thx. Great script too!

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Fri, 5. Oct 12, 12:39

Ahh m2's are supported for the defence grid feature
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

TouchMyNipple
x4

Post by TouchMyNipple » Fri, 5. Oct 12, 16:33

I wonder wich variables does ADS use to determine if the ship sia carier or not? Like it's realy strange that for some reason it just doesn't detect some ships ingrid and doesn't add them to carrier list. Although they have ships docked and homebased and all needed software.
I found this especialy when played XRM and thought Anachron13 could answer. Particulary worried about Hyperion with it's 2 fighter slots while being m6... i loved that shipp all the time i played XRM :roll:
Haste-whip TrixX!

anachron13
x3tc

Post by anachron13 » Fri, 5. Oct 12, 16:58

It's a good question. There is quite a bunch of scripts in ads and i haven't look at them all.
The script called "anarkis.acc.get.carriers.xml" which seems to be the one interesting us return every M1, M7, TL and TM with a Carrier Command Software installed as a valid ADS carrier.
There is no other test in this script as far as i can tell.

If this is the only one used, it's quite easy to add other ship type.

Higgy10

Post by Higgy10 » Fri, 5. Oct 12, 21:50

That would be fabulous if you could add ships easily anachron as alot of m2's in xrm have decent fighter bays and could definitely make use of ads. Dont really want to get into using codea as it seems overly complicated and ads works great.

anachron13
x3tc

Post by anachron13 » Fri, 5. Oct 12, 22:35

I have give it a closer look, i haven't open the 241 scripts (yes) composing ADS, but i have found at least 3 scripts requiring modification. I could give it a try if you want but i can't guarantee that it will be enough.

Edit : Add M2 to ADS :ads_m2.zip
I have just made a quick test with XRM and an ATF M2 Bragi, it seems to work fine. Make a backup of your savegame before trying this, just in case.

Higgy10

Post by Higgy10 » Fri, 5. Oct 12, 23:55

you are a god thx!

anachron13
x3tc

Post by anachron13 » Sat, 6. Oct 12, 14:25

If anyone is interested, i have updated my post about my 'module' for ADS

I have rewrite most of it thanks to the help of Jack08 and i have corrected all known bug.

I will maybe start a new thread if it works correctly.
Last edited by anachron13 on Sat, 6. Oct 12, 15:29, edited 1 time in total.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Sat, 6. Oct 12, 14:27

anachron13 wrote:If anyone is interested, i have updated my post about my 'module' for ADS

I have rewrite most of it thanks to the help of Jack08 and i have corrected all known bug.

I will maybe start a new thread if it works correctly.
I would start a new thread anachrom13. Thats going to get lost in the shuffle...

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Fri, 26. Oct 12, 09:26

For some reason the shortcuts do not work, otherwise everything else seems to be working fine.
I wonder if it has something to do with the way I installed the script, I have used the plugin manager to package and install ADS.

The same applies to "ANachron Carrier Command software" the keys appear and can be assigned via the interface configuration menu but when assigned they do not do anything.

Any ideas on what's wrong?

Jonas801
x3tc

Post by Jonas801 » Mon, 5. Nov 12, 14:13

Very interesting mod. As a newcomer i wonder: Is it compatible with AP and XRM? Thanks in advance!
Mu

anachron13
x3tc

Post by anachron13 » Tue, 6. Nov 12, 08:55

You should read pages 22 & 23 of this thread. :)

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Tue, 6. Nov 12, 21:43

anachron13 wrote:You should read pages 22 & 23 of this thread. :)

I don't know if you referred to my previous post with the above, but I have installed the fix anyway.
It didn't make any apparent difference to the problem that I was having but it did point out one important thing.

It is not that there was a problem with shortcuts for ADS or even with the ones in your module but rather I was wrong in the way I thought they were meant to work.
I just realized that you need to be in the carrier for them to function, I know stupid me, but I thought that I could target my carrier from my own ship and hit "dock all ships" or "clear sector" and the carrier would issue the commands.

Well I figured it out now, as they say better late than never.

Sorry.

anachron13
x3tc

Post by anachron13 » Tue, 6. Nov 12, 23:40

It was for Jonas801.
Good to know you have solved your problem. What you have described could probably be done but it would require to edit some ADS original scripts. I prefer avoid doing this as each modification could potentially break another part of ADS.

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Wed, 7. Nov 12, 00:15

No worries, but maybe you can write a script for my head so I can understand this kind of thing quicker :)

It took me days to figure out the obvious.

Now that I know what I was doing wrong I will install your module for ADS again, I am confident the shortcuts will work in that too.

Sanjor
x4

Post by Sanjor » Thu, 21. Mar 13, 15:16

Code: Select all

$env = $ship->get environment
      if $env != [THIS]
        $ship->start task 0 with script '!ship.cmd.retreat.std' and prio 0: arg1=$carrier arg2=null arg3=null arg4=null arg5=null
      else if $env == [THIS]
        gosub dodock
        remove element from array $ship.list at index $ship.count
        continue
      end
I really don't understand X3 scripting all that well, but I'm going to guess this is responsible for jumpdrive energy consumption (it appears in multiple dockall scripts).

Code: Select all

$env = $ship->get environment
      if not $env == [THIS] OR $ship->is script '!ship.cmd.retreat.std' on stack of task=0
        $ship->start task 0 with script '!ship.cmd.retreat.std' and prio 0: arg1=$carrier arg2=null arg3=null arg4=null arg5=null
      else if $env == [THIS]
        gosub dodock
        remove element from array $ship.list at index $ship.count
        continue
      end
If that doesn't work in X3 code, then I'm sure a nested if would be fine.

:edit:
Since it's supposed to be defense grid only, I might have no clue. I don't suppose anyone knows where I should look to fix bugs like that?

Ikaruga
x4

Post by Ikaruga » Fri, 22. Mar 13, 09:09

Does the Defense Grid work for you, people ?

I tried and assigned a few ships (a M6, a TM with M3s inside, a M7 drone carrier) and set the minimum threat level to 1 and the jump distance to 15 in the global settings.

No matter the threat level in the sector, my ships never seem to do anything...

I activated the Defense Grid, assigned the ships, equipped them with jumpdrives.

Did I forget something ?
If brute force doesn't solve your problems, then you aren't using enough

LordZeroZX
x3ap

Post by LordZeroZX » Tue, 2. Apr 13, 22:31

The download links are down.

The Q
Pancake Award Winner 2017

Post by The Q » Tue, 2. Apr 13, 22:42

They work without problems here.

LordZeroZX
x3ap

Post by LordZeroZX » Tue, 2. Apr 13, 22:56

Really... Does it have problem with google chrome? I get message saying webpage failed to load...
And it's the same for Pirate Guild 3 and Yaki armada 2.

Edit: Found a site that has downloads that work for me: http://www.x1tp.com/root/index.php?opti ... 58&cid=550.
Last edited by LordZeroZX on Tue, 2. Apr 13, 23:05, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”