[MOD] Ship Rebalance Mod ver 0.59 [30/08/2009] + 2 COCKPIT PACKS + Alkeena's BSD!!!!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Thu, 14. May 09, 10:50

Pisces1 wrote:The heavy hydra idea is...creative...Now your trying to sell me an American car, it has some enthuasium behind it but I'm afraid of everything that could go wrong. It can already launch missiles after all (the hydra not the car).
The difference is, this would be a missile turret. It would fire missiles without "being in a dogfight".
So enemies would be engaged at a greater range, changing the way the ship fights.

A limited missile selection for the ship is needed to let a missile turret work efficiently. 20 different ones are unlikely to do much good since ES missile turret scripts rely on Friend-Foe missiles.
They do not spread their fire but empty the whole cargo bay on one ship so the missiles must be smart to counter the extreme stupidity of the turret script.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Terradoct
x3

Post by Terradoct » Thu, 14. May 09, 12:46

Maybe it is possible to make missiles hitbox smaller, as it is now it is way to easy to shoot them.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Thu, 14. May 09, 22:10

I suggest:

increase the cargo capacity of all M1 by about 33 % but leave all the mini-carriers (TM, M7, whatever) as is.

A carrier is supposed to be a one-ship-fleet and it needs to be able to store supplies / ammo for up to 60 fighters as well as itself.

M2 could probably do with a 15-20 % cargo bay increase.

That these huge ships require fresh supplies/fuel every hour is so... amateurish.
It's not like they would suddenly be overpowered by being able to become armed universe traders...
All this does is lighten the burden that fleet supply is now.

This would also have a very beneficial side effect for the effectivity of AI cap ships as enemies.
Right now their laser selection is quite random so that many laser types are installed. This leads to having lots of different lasers but very few of each...
And if the ships massively stocks up on PPC, it may run out of space for Flak.
Especially the K is notoriously underequipped. Scan a few and see for yourself...
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Thu, 14. May 09, 23:48

Phew! I finally made up something that can be called "first release"... I used hours to mod that few things.... but learned a lot from it, this will speed up the process for further changes (that will come).

I tried myself the modified ships and they are good for me... but I need your opinion!
So pick your M6/M6H of chioce for a trip in a Pirate/Xenon/Kha'ak sector and see how it performs now... :P

I tried the Flaks... but they are quite power hungry and really, really, really inaccurate! Probably I'll take them out... in the future.
PSG are quite devastating on small ships, and not so power hungry, this is good news for you Paranid enthusiasts!
SSC do their work as they did before, accurate and deadly.

p.s. I read all your suggestions and will post what I think of them tomorrow, I need to sleep now.
Trade, Fight, Build, Think, Modify.
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock
SIDE/TOP/FRONT Ship Size Comparison
Remember young Padawan: money stolen can be, time cannot.

Pisces1

Post by Pisces1 » Fri, 15. May 09, 01:56

I don't have internet at home but I have put it on my USB so when I get home (maybe a few days from now). I will test it.

Like Gazz said, carriers could do with some more cargo. Odin has about the right amount already. I have 12 PSPs + 'SSC on all other turrets' +2000 energy cells+1500 MD ammuntion+2000 energybolt chaingun+missiles+loot and I still have tons of space left over.

The K on the other hand has 5000 cargobay. If it took all PSP than it wouldn't have room for shields let alone other equipment. Taking all PPCs on the other hand it has plenty of space. 7000 would let if fill it's load with whatever silly weapons it wants, 8000 and it has some energy cells too.

On M4+s The pike is begging for more shields (on it's tail with fins clasped). 2 25 M5 & 500 gen. this is still less 2/3 of a nova with 1/3 with not much gen so it isn't encroaching on the M3 class. The Asp strangely enough could do with more laser gen. 85.

The kite vangaurd needs 2 (not 4) 25 MJ shields and 265 shield gen (not 612). It isn't a buyable ship but it definitely doesn't fit in the game as is.

The Makos need a 300'000 price hike each, with 1 more 5 MJ shield each and 50 more MWs shield gen each. The buzzards need 100 extra cargobay units each. The Pericles need 10 more weapon gen each (no MD after all). If anyone else notices a ship with strange weapons gen in this class then your imagining it; your not touching my baby!!

Octopus needs 1 5MJ, 20 laser gen. Raider needs 2 1MJ shield & 18 laser gen. Sentinal needs 2 5MJ shields & 34 laser gen. Vangaurd needs 1 5 MJ shield and 24 laser gen.

The jaguars all need an extra 5-10 laser gen. For those crazy split who want to take a fast unshielded M5 into combat.

Alith-Ahnar
Xtreme
Xtreme
x4

Post by Alith-Ahnar » Fri, 15. May 09, 13:13

Gazz wrote:I suggest:

increase the cargo capacity of all M1 by about 33 % but leave all the mini-carriers (TM, M7, whatever) as is.

A carrier is supposed to be a one-ship-fleet and it needs to be able to store supplies / ammo for up to 60 fighters as well as itself.

M2 could probably do with a 15-20 % cargo bay increase.

That these huge ships require fresh supplies/fuel every hour is so... amateurish.
It's not like they would suddenly be overpowered by being able to become armed universe traders...
All this does is lighten the burden that fleet supply is now.
The Cargobay is way to Small thats right but just a set percental modifier would justify the standard EGOsoft aproach but not the real neds of a Player.

I allready modified some M1/M2 in my personal TShips while the modifier is quit similiar to the value Gazz suggests. Did i add an additional component.

Split M1 Raptor EGOsoft version 8800 cargobay
Split M1 Raptor SplitBoy version 7000 cargobay with max upgrade up to 11.000 cargobay. The max value is a modification about the 30%-33%.

To set the modifier for all races would not be right even if from the math fair teladiships allready have hughe Cargobays. And Terrans on the other hand have so few weapons to choose from they do not need gargantuan Cargobays. Paranids on the other hand have wonderful useless ships because of the literally none existing Cargobay.

No benefit without drawback in this case credits to get the option
gazz wrote:This would also have a very beneficial side effect for the effectivity of AI cap ships as enemies.
Right now their laser selection is quite random so that many laser types are installed. This leads to having lots of different lasers but very few of each...
And if the ships massively stocks up on PPC, it may run out of space for Flak.
Especially the K is notoriously underequipped. Scan a few and see for yourself...
In case of the K the problem is not the Cargobay. The Laser rechargerate is more the problem. As long as the toaster do not start shoting at you with Gauss.
Pieces1 wrote:The jaguars all need an extra 5-10 laser gen. For those crazy split who want to take a fast unshielded M5 into combat.
@Pieces
What do you mean by crazy? :D
The Jaguar is a fine Ship. Bigest fail of it is the lake of 12 front mounted HEP or the option to mount PPC, besides the fact that i mostly got killed by collisions with Spaceflys and not through enemyfire.
X2: You better go play with asteroids!/You losssssee profitsssss!
X4: Chelt are better pilot then you!/Machine behave badly Split switch off.

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Fri, 15. May 09, 14:07

Splitboy wrote:No benefit without drawback in this case credits to get the option
well... when you have a M1 or M2.... the credits spent do buy the cargo extensions are not a big drawback, isn't it?
I prefer to have more worthy enemies than having to pay for upgrade cargo. (dunno if AI ships can get enough cargo to load sufficient weapons if I leave a "random" factor like upgrades)
In case of the K the problem is not the Cargobay. The Laser rechargerate is more the problem.
both are major nerfs to a ship that is one of the main enemies of the Player...

As I said in "to do" list, the xenons will return DEADLY as they were... seem that other races improve and evolve but Xenons and Kha'ak evolution is on hold form the times of X2... (in X2 they were a good enemy, but now... well... unbalanced or weak)

@Pisces1: your last comments will be useful to rebalance the Boron fighters!
but why raise the weapon energy on a M5? that is silly! :D

@Gazz: I think that we already talked about that issue... mmmh... :roll: that must be a Deja Vu! :D
I checked the thread linked (I registered before), and have taken some ideas from it.

@All: Main post has been updated with a link to a more comprehensive "To Do" list.
I'm still modding :D
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock

Dumminion

Post by Dumminion » Fri, 15. May 09, 19:29

-All M6/M6H can now mount Flak cannons everywhere. Paranid M6/M6H can mount PSG instead. (not the Hyperion) Terran ships mount SSC instead.

-Split/Argon/Paranid M6H can now mount their prototype beam cannons in the main slot.
This is totaly unbalanced!
These are capitalship guns, the range is 6+ km and they are instahit guns.

I have moded all.
My tships, tcockpits, tlasers, tjobs, tjobwings, tshields, tbullets, tlasers, tglobals and the rest.
Do you like to use some of those?

Tships:
-hitpoints m1/m2 *2
-hitpoints m6/m7 *1,5
-speed m2/m4 110%
-m6 turnrates *2
-all argon and teladiships speed upgraded
-sentinel ships speed modificator 0.88
-khaak m2/m1 -khaak m2/m1 could use 1 more gun in eatch turret
-m6 hydra -khaak m2/m1 could use 1 more gun in eatch turret
-m2 raptor could use 10 front guns and/or 6 side guns
-fixed hawks milan
-all otas aldarin ships price rebalanced
-ts 1 Freighter price *2
-ts 2 Freighter price modificator *2
-ts 3 Freighter price modificator *2,75
-ts 5 Freighter price modificator *4
-ts 2 Freighter freight modificator *1,8
-almost all prices rebalanced
-Boronships shield + weapon generator upgraded
-titan 5*2 GJ shield, price *1,2
-boreas 4*2 GJ shield, price *1,5
-xenon m1/m3 more weapon generator
-pirate m3/ts/m7 more shields + speed
-tm 300% price
-m3+ 37% less price
-m6+ 10% less price
-xenon m3/m4 no pbe (pulse cannon) (aimbots with instahit weapons are bad and that x3reunion guys knew it)
-that aldarin part is RETARDED! (you can't mod the aldarin m6/m3 without hurting aldarin economy)

Tbullets
-all damage round 40% less
-energy use round 40% less
-rebalanced all guns with high hull dmg to shield dmg
-gamma khyonen emitter 30% more dmg? speed 2500 m/s
-beta khyonen emitter 3 km range speed 3000 m/s
-alpha khyonen emitter 1,57 km range speed 3500 m/s
-flamethrower 75% less dmg
-psp point singularity gun 80% more dmg
-all flak and laser guns max 2800 m/s speed
-all medium guns about 100 m/s more speed
-optimized for better frame rates
-more complicated stuff

ps: This is the first game i bought without playing it!
Till now I am just trying to fix this crap!

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Fri, 15. May 09, 20:19

This is totaly unbalanced!
These are capitalship guns, the range is 6+ km and they are instahit guns.
nope. I am trying to unnerf the M6 class.

As I said the Flaks don't work very well and will be removed soon.

SSC was on Springblossom and so I tried to move it to other Terran ships as well

PSG work good and are balanced. (mainly because of the big area of effect, if you don't want the sector to turn red you must use it cautiosly)

Prototype beams are anti-fighters, not anti-capital. (this from seeing them in game... awful against anything bigger than a M6...) they are sluggish and not precise, their "deadly" range is from 1 Km fron the ship to 2.5 Km from the ship. (like a Flak) If the target is too far (even if beam can "theorically" hit it if it is in the 6km range) the beam misses most of the times.

Regaring your other modifies...

-I am interested by the Raptor's Main guns, I was planning to give it 16 main guns and leave the 4 turrets as they are.
but I have no Idea on how to create a "frontal gun"... can you help?
that aldarin part is RETARDED! (you can't mod the aldarin m6/m3 without hurting aldarin economy)
interesting... can you explain more in depth? I'm nerfing Springblossom, and Spitfyre... so... I don't wanna hurt anyone... :D
Tbullets optimized for better frame rates
interesting too.. please explain this!

EDIT: why the devs did this? Instead of creating new entries in TCockpit for pirate ships they used the Argon's TCockpit entries for Pirate and Yaki ships... what the? (now I need to spen hours creatiing new entries just for them... to allow them exclusive use of IBL... boring). :x
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock

Dumminion

Post by Dumminion » Fri, 15. May 09, 22:47

nope. I am trying to unnerf the M6 class.

As I said the Flaks don't work very well and will be removed soon.

SSC was on Springblossom and so I tried to move it to other Terran ships as well

PSG work good and are balanced. (mainly because of the big area of effect, if you don't want the sector to turn red you must use it cautiosly)

Prototype beams are anti-fighters, not anti-capital. (this from seeing them in game... awful against anything bigger than a M6...) they are sluggish and not precise, their "deadly" range is from 1 Km fron the ship to 2.5 Km from the ship. (like a Flak) If the target is too far (even if beam can "theorically" hit it if it is in the 6km range) the beam misses most of the times.
These beam guns do up to 50% more dmg then medium guns + they got a range of 6+km.
PSG is designed as capitalship gun this time.
I don't care what the springblossom can use because it is unbalanced.
interesting... can you explain more in depth? I'm nerfing Springblossom, and Spitfyre... so... I don't wanna hurt anyone... Very Happy
Because aldarin is so huge, the springblossom and spitfyre are used as traders/military.
When you lower there speed, then the economy and defence of that sector get out of balance.

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Fri, 15. May 09, 23:09

These beam guns do up to 50% more dmg then medium guns + they got a range of 6+km.
PSG is designed as capitalship gun this time.
I don't care what the springblossom can use because it is unbalanced.
have you tried that beams in game? if you read only the stats you don't know the real power/weakness of a weapon 8)
(like reading the stats of PSP... they do not say that when 8 PSP are charged they can wipe out anything in two volleys)

Anyways... my idea to unnerf the M6 was to make the whole M6 class more similar (in terms of weapons installable and manouverability) to Springblossom or to the Vidar, that are two of the best M6 (and in Vanilla they sound like cheat because all the rest of M6 are rubbish).

If all M6 can install decent anti-fighter guns and are more manouverable the whole class will be reevaulated... at least this is what I thought... :P

Because aldarin is so huge, the springblossom and spitfyre are used as traders/military.
When you lower there speed, then the economy and defence of that sector get out of balance.
I don't think defence will be a problem... there is an Invincible Tyr there... and a lot of ATF frigates/fighters/whatnot.

For the trading... from patch 2.0 the aldrin stations have been moved in two big spots next to gates, to make navigation and trading easier.
I think that if the Aldrin ships will remain faster than all other ships of the same class there won't be any problem.

p.s. can you tell me how you have done the Python with front guns? :D
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock

Pisces1

Post by Pisces1 » Sun, 17. May 09, 09:41

I made a mistake, the hydra doesn't have a weapon energy of 1500MW, that is just a mistake in the stats compendium. I didn't suggest doing anything with it anyway.

M5 laser energy probably is a waste of time, that is just me being pedantic.

I still haven't given any thought to transports but pelican could do with 100 speed.

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Sun, 17. May 09, 12:27

any comment on the mod "to do" or "done" list?

has anyone tried some ships? can he give some feedback?
Pisces1 wrote:I still haven't given any thought to transports but pelican could do with 100 speed.
I think that to rebalance transports we need a player that focuses on commerce (like mad_axeman) to give advice on what can be done.
(I'm not a trader and thus I have no idea on how to rebalance the TS/TP... apart from nerfing the mistral SF of course, that thing is ruining the market for all other SF in game like Boreas is doing on M2)

@Gazz: I was thinking of the Teladi M6 and M6H (instead of Heavy Hydra) to become missile corvettes... I had that "gut" feeling that they would look cool as missile platforms...
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sun, 17. May 09, 13:23

someone else wrote:any comment on the mod "to do" or "done" list?
Unlikely since the links in the 1st post result in 404 errors. =)
Longblathername URLs that look fishy even at first glance.

@Gazz: I was thinking of the Teladi M6 and M6H (instead of Heavy Hydra) to become missile corvettes... I had that "gut" feeling that they would look cool as missile platforms...
Whatever you say.
When people post ideas for my projects I only take what I like, occasionally using the idea but in a 180° reversed way or applying it to a wholly different area. =)
Your mod, your way. Simple, isn't it?

I still think the Heavy Hydra should be somehow special - simply because it has a cool model. =)
Maybe add a script that constantly spawns 2 Fighterdrone Mk2 for any heavy hydra in the game.
Neutral race for player Hydras so the player can not just scoop them up for an infinite supply.
They would use the AI Protect script, which means they automatically attack the leader's attack target instead of waiting until the leader is attacked.
They are refreshed every 9 min (Lifetime = 613 sec).
If one is destroyed (before it's 10 min timer runs out), it respawns about 10 min later, hurting the Hydra for 100 hull points.

So many possibilities...

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Sun, 17. May 09, 13:37

@ All: FIXED LINKS (forgive my noobness...)
Gazz wrote:I still think the Heavy Hydra should be somehow special
yep! a "Mk2 drone Carrier" sounds cool... I wanted it to fight, not to sit and launch his missiles, a such cool ship need to be something unique and never seen before... but in a dogfight!

Anyways... I have no idea on how to implement the feature... :D
(I have yet to begin my scripting career)
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sun, 17. May 09, 14:09

someone else wrote:Anyways... I have no idea on how to implement the feature... :D
(I have yet to begin my scripting career)
That is a typical case for an AL Plugin.
These carry their own "uninstall" with them because if you turn it off under gameplay, all objects / scripts that it uses can self-destruct / exit peacefully if they routinely check that flag.

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Thu, 21. May 09, 03:52

Do remember that if you want to give something missile turrets, you need to remove all of its front guns. It makes me very sad:(

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Thu, 21. May 09, 12:24

why removing front guns? :?

anyways...
for the future we will have M6 that:
-fight like big fighters, so are more nimble but have not much turrets (probably standard M6, but not all)
-fight like small Capitals, so are not a lot nimble and have most of the firepower in turrets, and bigger shields (probably M6H, but not all)
-fight like small M7M (I thought of Teladi ones, they are clumsy and slow even after the rebalance... this will spice them up a bit)
-do something odd (probably the Heavy Hydra)
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Fri, 22. May 09, 02:36

You need to remove front guns in order to give something a missile turret due to the way missile turrets are set up - they're just turrets with no weapons in them. However, if you set up a turret with no guns in it then it automatically uses the front guns as the turret guns.

The only way to give a ship a missile turret is to make it so it has no front guns whatsoever.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Fri, 22. May 09, 08:55

Is that a problem? An M6 with like an 8x front turret could be interesting, too. =)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”