[MOD] Ship Rebalance Mod ver 0.59 [30/08/2009] + 2 COCKPIT PACKS + Alkeena's BSD!!!!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Tue, 26. May 09, 17:59

are you sure on the cargo space part? I have modified the actual value, not raised the max amount. :?

I tried using Cycrow cheat scripts and removing/respawning all warez does not upgrade cargo bay to my modded amount.

for other things there is no need to do "kill/respawn all ships".
Trade, Fight, Build, Think, Modify.
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock
SIDE/TOP/FRONT Ship Size Comparison
Remember young Padawan: money stolen can be, time cannot.

Alith-Ahnar
Xtreme
Xtreme
x4

Post by Alith-Ahnar » Wed, 27. May 09, 19:57

Hi someone else how your rebalance progress?

Longtime since my last Post but a question burns under my fingernails.

Do you take in too account to rebalance the M1 Class.
With some fine Script in the Forum like CODEA for example the role of an M1 and its effectiveness has dramaticaly changed.

Reduction of Anti Capital Ship Firepower and improved Cargostorage and also maybe some more internal Dockingslots could strengthen the Role as a Carrier away from the a bit of anything as the M1 at the moment is.

So keep up your work :wink:

Greets
SplitBoy
Last edited by Alith-Ahnar on Wed, 27. May 09, 20:15, edited 1 time in total.
X2: You better go play with asteroids!/You losssssee profitsssss!
X4: Chelt are better pilot then you!/Machine behave badly Split switch off.

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Wed, 27. May 09, 20:11

nice to see you again! :D

I increased the cargo space by a 40% on all M1 lately, and increased cargo of M2 by 30%. (among other things) (Teladi M1 and M2 have double their Vanilla cargo bay)

probably I'll remove the capship weaponry from Carriers as you suggested... in any case most of them cannot use PPC effectively due to poor energy generator... (yeah, i'll remove gauss too...) and raise the "internal hangar" by a good 30% to all M1 (they are BIG, why only 40 ships when a Panther can load 30 fighters?)

EDIT: probably I'll double the hangar space... and load flaks all around...

p.s. I prefer to use this script for carrier warfare... http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=246767
Last edited by someone else on Sat, 30. May 09, 02:09, edited 1 time in total.
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock

Alith-Ahnar
Xtreme
Xtreme
x4

Post by Alith-Ahnar » Wed, 27. May 09, 20:54

@someone else
The improvments for Cargo are about the same, just the increase in Dockingbays abit more then i did on my Personal TShips.

Removing PPC/iBL/GC is good hope their is not too much moaning about that.

I did also improved the number of Fighter defence all around the M1 with adding AF-Guns instead of the AC-Guns.
So more *BOOM* with Flak instead of BiG *PEW* *PEW* :D

But that is just my personal taste.

--

The Station part of ADS sounds interesting.
On the other hand i like the Fleet managing Part from CODEA it is not something you would like to miss.

Ah damn why it is always a pain :)

Need to give both of them a try.

Greets
SplitBoy
X2: You better go play with asteroids!/You losssssee profitsssss!
X4: Chelt are better pilot then you!/Machine behave badly Split switch off.

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Sun, 31. May 09, 18:54

New version! 0.0.4!

Rebalance of all ships of the same Class/Race done so far:
1.Enhanced Turning rate on those M6 in need:
Centaur 6
Hvy Centaur 4,9
Hvy Cent. Prot. 5,2
Dragon 8,1
Hvy Dragon 6,7
Hydra 5,6
Hvy Hydra 6
Nemesis 6,7
Hvy Nemesis 5,3
Osprey 5,3
Hvy Osprey 4,8
Otas Skiron 6,1
Katana 7,4
ATF Vali 5

2.Paranid M6/M6H can mount PSG everywhere. (but not the Hyperion)
3.Terran M6/M6H can mount SSC everywhere.
4.Split/Argon/Paranid M6H can now mount their prototype beam cannons in the main slot.
5.All M6/M6H turrets with an odd number of guns now should have an even number of guns.
6.Removed IBL compatibility from ALL Commonwealth M1 and M2, (except pirates and yakis of course)
7.Removed IC/IPG compatiblity from Pirate and Yaki Capitals.
8.Terran/ATF frigates are now able to load only 4 guns on main, but they can now use PSP on main.
9.Added PBG's to Pirate and Yaki M1/2 turrets.
10.Increased the cargo capacity of all M1 by 40 % (they are BIG and require massive stockpiles of ammo and missiles for the fighters...) (not on Teladi)
11.Increased cargo on M2 by 30 %. (they need to carry a lot more weapons, the current Ego loading sistem requires a good cargo bay to spawn a decent weapon selection on enemy M2) (not on Teladi)
12.All Xenon ships now have better stats... (like in Reunion) but no modifies have been done to the turrets placement of the K.
13.All Kha'ak small ships have better speed and turning. I want them ass-kicking again.
14.All Teladi “military ships” will have double the original Cargo Bay (TS and TL excluded), now they make sense.
15.Removed compatibility to all Anti- capital weapons on all M1. (They are Carriers! And only the Raptor was able to use them effectively)
16.Tripled the hangar of all M1. (Carriers now can load hundreds of fighters)
17.Increased M1's cargo bay by another 20% (all summed up the cargo bay is 60% bigger than Vanilla) to load all the missiles and ammo needed to resupply the bigger amount of fighters.

Single Ship rebalanced so far:

1.Springblossom's speed tuned down to 250, price up to around 35 milions, back turret down to 2 weapons
2.All Drones CAN mount Repair laser (useful for MARS scripts, otherwise ininfluent) making another type of drone is beyond this Mod's scope, but now you can give repair laser to them by scripting means.
3.Boreas is now a Light destroyer, speed to 82, manouverablility to 3.2, 2x 2 Gj shields, 4 weapons front/right/left/side turrets, less shield/laser generator, capital weapons only on front/rear/side turrets.
4.Increased the weapon slots for each Python's side turrets to 8, PPC and Gauss compatibility on all other turrets.
5.Tokio has laser energy and regeneration closer to that of Odin/Woden. And its cost has raised...
6.Zeus has 4x 2GJ shields and a 9000KW shield generator.
7.Odin has 2000MW of laser regeneration to cope with its 4 more PSP than other Terran M1
8.Odisseus will have 5x 2Gj shields and 14400KW shield generator.
9.Cerberus is now a REAL anti-fighter platform. Added Flak to the cockpit lasers (and tweaked the laser selection of other turrets), increased rear/up/down turrets to 6 lasers each, and boosted the laser generator, increased cargo bay to 4500 to account for more weapons. Speed increased to 135-140 manouverability has also been increased to be able to catch fighters.
Increased hangar bay to 10 fighters (just to have some wings in it).
10.The falcon sentinel loads 5x 25MJ shields.
11.The kite vangaurd loads 2x 25MJ shields and has a 265 shield generator, weapon generator up to 1000.
12.The Tyr has a bigger cargo bay (but it will be still small if compared to other M2).
13.The Yokohama has now 4 guns per turret.
14.Increased the cargo bay on Panther to 5000
15.Removed the compatibility to PPC on Q's side turrets
16.raised the number of frontal guns on Heavy Hydra, raised the cargo hold to 1000 and toned down the price
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock

aka1nas
x4

Post by aka1nas » Sun, 7. Jun 09, 07:21

Would you be willing to take a look at the Q? A rebalance of the Q would make it somewhat more effective IS, and more importantly not an insta-M2 killer OOS like it is now.

The Q has a crazy amount of heavy weapons for an M7, with 8 IBLs in the front and 4 PPCs on the side turrets. IS, it's somewhat balanced by having a very weak weapon generator. OOS, the weapon generator isn't taken into account and the Q can do 10GJ+ alpha strikes, annihilating any ship in the game.

What I would suggest is something like:

- Downgrading the side PPCs to IBLs.
- Dropping the number of front mounts to either 6 or 4 (makes it more in keeping with other Xenon ships as they traditionally have fewer front mounts)
- Upping the weapon generator to compensate.

This should give the ship more staying power IS, and hopefully give it a well-needed nerf OOS.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sun, 7. Jun 09, 08:55

The Q is not overpowered OOS.
The difference between PPC and IBL is minimal.

If you reduce the Q's lasers you also need to do the same to all M7, M1, and M2 in the game.

A fully equipped M7 of yours can also instakill an M2 with the same chance...
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Sun, 7. Jun 09, 14:44

@arka1as: I think I have already done the "Downgrading the side PPCs to IBLs", just because the PPC there have no sense, anyways Gazz is right.
OOS any M7 behaves like a Q... and removing IBL from all M7 is not a good thing to do... then all of them will be like the Vanilla Cerberus: big pussycats.

The real problem is the OOS, and I cannot do anything to fix that without screwiing completely the IS way of fight.

If you wanna a better OOS jump to this thread.
[SCR] OOS Combat Rebalance (alpha 0.2 - 06.06.09)
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock

plynak
x3tc

Post by plynak » Thu, 11. Jun 09, 10:54

Hello SE, your rebalance seems interesting, especially those turning rates on M6. I have just one question. Where can I get those experimantal weapons? I have thought they are not in the game at all?
Intel Core i5 4590, 2 x 8GB DDR3 1600, MSI GTX 1060 Armor, Asus H97 Pro, Asus Xonar DG, Crucial MX100 128GB SSD + 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Seasonic S12G 550W, Corsair 550D, 22'' LG

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Thu, 11. Jun 09, 11:54

yep. they are in game but are not available unless you cheat them in
(I wanted to make them appear on random Commonwealth ships you must board, but no idea on how to do that... Jobs is sooo limited :D )

this nice mod adds the fabs for them in your game...
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=246588

and beware... my mod is not yet compatible with 2.1 patch, but I'm working on it.
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock

plynak
x3tc

Post by plynak » Thu, 11. Jun 09, 12:00

Thanks for the reply. To cheat them in for testing, do I only need Cycrows cheat scripts?
Intel Core i5 4590, 2 x 8GB DDR3 1600, MSI GTX 1060 Armor, Asus H97 Pro, Asus Xonar DG, Crucial MX100 128GB SSD + 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Seasonic S12G 550W, Corsair 550D, 22'' LG

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Thu, 11. Jun 09, 12:02

yes, that is what I used myself for testing. the weapons look similar but have different stats (but in general kick fighters)
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock

plynak
x3tc

Post by plynak » Thu, 11. Jun 09, 12:41

Thanks for the info. Just one more question. Can I use your MOD to a current game or is it recommended to start a new one?

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Thu, 11. Jun 09, 12:47

it is compatible to savegames afaik, you can install/uninstall it as you wish.

I don't recommend to be in a ship that has been modified, but I did it and have yet to encounter corrupted savegames.

p.s. NOT COMPATIBLE WITH 2.1 patch!!!!!!!!! (just to be sure) :D
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock

plynak
x3tc

Post by plynak » Thu, 11. Jun 09, 12:56

Thanks again, I have not installed 2.1 yet and I even do not know what does it changes :)

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Thu, 11. Jun 09, 12:59

before this weekend I will have complete 2.1 compatibility.
and a link the new version...

anyways feel free to try out the modded ships and share your thoughts here... :D
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock

plynak
x3tc

Post by plynak » Thu, 11. Jun 09, 13:09

Hmm, what will happen to my PPC equipped Raptor when I run this MOD? Will it change its weapons? I use it for OOS.

Oh, and can MARS use these experimental laser cannons?

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Thu, 11. Jun 09, 13:17

if you are not using MARS it will mantain PPC in its turrets, but if you take out a PPC you won't be able to put it back again. If you are using mars the PPC will be automatically disinstalled

as Springblossom rear turrets did with patch 2.0...

to do the same work you can use a Boreas now. (faster and nimblier than Vanilla, more firepower than a Python, about a half firepower than Vanilla)

to solve OOS madness I suggest to have a look at Gazz's OOS Rebalance, link in my sig.
(looks to be a bit too young to be used spreadly but... it is worth a look)

EDIT: dunno for Experimental laser cannons... ask in MARS thread... :D
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock

plynak
x3tc

Post by plynak » Thu, 11. Jun 09, 13:27

Thanks again. I am using MARS, can not imagine my game without it :)

But I have never used Springblossom, too much a cheat for me.

O.K. Will check in MARS threat. Or will just try and see for myself :-)

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Thu, 11. Jun 09, 13:34

@someone_else

It's good to see your mod is coming along nicely :) It took about 3 hours for me to convert 2.0 -> 2.1 Tships/Tcockpits. I used WinMerge to compare files, which made the job a bit easier although there was some need for swapping in X3 Editor.

Looking at your mod, and what I am doing, we're on quite different paths so even though the starting point was similar and editing of ships the end product of both will be unique :)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”