[MOD] Ship Rebalance Mod ver 0.59 [30/08/2009] + 2 COCKPIT PACKS + Alkeena's BSD!!!!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sun, 17. May 09, 14:09

someone else wrote:Anyways... I have no idea on how to implement the feature... :D
(I have yet to begin my scripting career)
That is a typical case for an AL Plugin.
These carry their own "uninstall" with them because if you turn it off under gameplay, all objects / scripts that it uses can self-destruct / exit peacefully if they routinely check that flag.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Thu, 21. May 09, 03:52

Do remember that if you want to give something missile turrets, you need to remove all of its front guns. It makes me very sad:(

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Thu, 21. May 09, 12:24

why removing front guns? :?

anyways...
for the future we will have M6 that:
-fight like big fighters, so are more nimble but have not much turrets (probably standard M6, but not all)
-fight like small Capitals, so are not a lot nimble and have most of the firepower in turrets, and bigger shields (probably M6H, but not all)
-fight like small M7M (I thought of Teladi ones, they are clumsy and slow even after the rebalance... this will spice them up a bit)
-do something odd (probably the Heavy Hydra)
Trade, Fight, Build, Think, Modify.
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock
SIDE/TOP/FRONT Ship Size Comparison
Remember young Padawan: money stolen can be, time cannot.

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Fri, 22. May 09, 02:36

You need to remove front guns in order to give something a missile turret due to the way missile turrets are set up - they're just turrets with no weapons in them. However, if you set up a turret with no guns in it then it automatically uses the front guns as the turret guns.

The only way to give a ship a missile turret is to make it so it has no front guns whatsoever.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Fri, 22. May 09, 08:55

Is that a problem? An M6 with like an 8x front turret could be interesting, too. =)
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Doc Quixotic

Post by Doc Quixotic » Sun, 24. May 09, 18:36

Would there be any way to fix the M8's? Although they are fine when used by the player, AI bombers seem to function horribly. The main problem seems to be that they don't fire nearly enough missles. I doubt it'll be easy to fix the source, but we might be able to treat the symptoms. During the second world war, several air forces experimented with anti-tank guns built into planes for ground attack purposes. A similar approach could give bombers some punch versus capital ships...

Also, looking through the M4+ designs in the Model Viewer, it seems the Kite is in need of an update. It is slow, turns like a brick, has a horribly small M cargo bay and it has no redeeming features. It is supposed to be a quick but more heavily armed variant of the Buzzard, but the only difference is 6m/s and the ability to deploy more missles. They would have been better off had they stuck to the bbuzzard Vanguard.

EDIT:
Wow... taking a look at the Kite Vanguard, I'm shocked and amazed. Not only does it go significantly faster, it also steers better, carries L cargo, has twice the laser generator and five times the shielding... how's that for sore eyes.
Non est ad astra mollis e terris via

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Mon, 25. May 09, 02:18

Would there be any way to fix the M8's? Although they are fine when used by the player, AI bombers seem to function horribly.
yep. but that is an AI problem... scripters can easily do that... i'm not good at scripting (for now), I think Gazz fixed that with MARS.

for the "cure", yeah, I've been thinking of things like that, but would be a M9 class ship, a REAL bomber, not a smaller cousin of a M7M.

for the Kite/Kite vanguard... I made some improvements already, but I'll see what I can do... :D

maybe you can try some of the new ships.... and see how they perform in a xenon sector... :D
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Mon, 25. May 09, 23:36

FYI:

It does work without adding turret "models" but not the way I said. (Hey! Don't believe everything you hear! =)

Works: (creates 8 individual bullets)
[ external image ]

Does not work: (only creates 4 bullets)
[ external image ]

So that's how Idunnit last time. Been a while...

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Tue, 26. May 09, 10:56

I did the last one but the bullets were "merged", only one visible per barrel but damage dealt to my "dummy" (my Ray) and energy used by the ship were ok.
I think I've missed something.... :?

anyways, I'll use that method, if the bullets can be seen the thing is cooler.
Thanks Gazz! :D
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Tue, 26. May 09, 12:04

I tried it the "wrong" way and got 4x damage, then the "right" way and got 8x damage.
Very visible result.

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Tue, 26. May 09, 12:13

version 0.0.3 is out!

now xenons and Kaaks are more dangerous, Teladi ships have a Teladized cargo hold, turrets have been fixed.

still need some feedback... :D
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock

Doc Quixotic

Post by Doc Quixotic » Tue, 26. May 09, 14:02

You'll have some as soon as I'm running a clean install again - I noticed just yesterday that Cerberus in my game was able to mount PPC in several turrents... I have no idea what else was screwed up :S

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Tue, 26. May 09, 15:30

in my mod? that is strange... I don't see any PPC installable on Cerberus... hope that my fixes have fixed that thing too.

p.s. To see real difference from Vanilla to Modded ships you need to spawn a new one using cheats (or buy a new one)... I've not found a way to do that updating in a automatic way... if a experienced scripter can do that... :D
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock

Doc Quixotic

Post by Doc Quixotic » Tue, 26. May 09, 15:32

No, not your mod. I haven;t installed it yet. But apparently one of the (few) scripts I use has some side-issues.

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Tue, 26. May 09, 17:31

What changes actually require you to destroy and respawn ships in order to see the new stats? As far as I know, the only thing that requires that is if you alter docking points or, possibly, add gun turrets. Most of the other stats should be automatically figured in no matter if they're old or not.

Changes in gun layouts and cargo space require you to remove all the ships guns and then add default wares to the ship again, but you don't need to actually destroy the ship to do that.

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Tue, 26. May 09, 17:59

are you sure on the cargo space part? I have modified the actual value, not raised the max amount. :?

I tried using Cycrow cheat scripts and removing/respawning all warez does not upgrade cargo bay to my modded amount.

for other things there is no need to do "kill/respawn all ships".
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock

Alith-Ahnar
Xtreme
Xtreme
x4

Post by Alith-Ahnar » Wed, 27. May 09, 19:57

Hi someone else how your rebalance progress?

Longtime since my last Post but a question burns under my fingernails.

Do you take in too account to rebalance the M1 Class.
With some fine Script in the Forum like CODEA for example the role of an M1 and its effectiveness has dramaticaly changed.

Reduction of Anti Capital Ship Firepower and improved Cargostorage and also maybe some more internal Dockingslots could strengthen the Role as a Carrier away from the a bit of anything as the M1 at the moment is.

So keep up your work :wink:

Greets
SplitBoy
Last edited by Alith-Ahnar on Wed, 27. May 09, 20:15, edited 1 time in total.
X2: You better go play with asteroids!/You losssssee profitsssss!
X4: Chelt are better pilot then you!/Machine behave badly Split switch off.

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Wed, 27. May 09, 20:11

nice to see you again! :D

I increased the cargo space by a 40% on all M1 lately, and increased cargo of M2 by 30%. (among other things) (Teladi M1 and M2 have double their Vanilla cargo bay)

probably I'll remove the capship weaponry from Carriers as you suggested... in any case most of them cannot use PPC effectively due to poor energy generator... (yeah, i'll remove gauss too...) and raise the "internal hangar" by a good 30% to all M1 (they are BIG, why only 40 ships when a Panther can load 30 fighters?)

EDIT: probably I'll double the hangar space... and load flaks all around...

p.s. I prefer to use this script for carrier warfare... http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=246767
Last edited by someone else on Sat, 30. May 09, 02:09, edited 1 time in total.
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock

Alith-Ahnar
Xtreme
Xtreme
x4

Post by Alith-Ahnar » Wed, 27. May 09, 20:54

@someone else
The improvments for Cargo are about the same, just the increase in Dockingbays abit more then i did on my Personal TShips.

Removing PPC/iBL/GC is good hope their is not too much moaning about that.

I did also improved the number of Fighter defence all around the M1 with adding AF-Guns instead of the AC-Guns.
So more *BOOM* with Flak instead of BiG *PEW* *PEW* :D

But that is just my personal taste.

--

The Station part of ADS sounds interesting.
On the other hand i like the Fleet managing Part from CODEA it is not something you would like to miss.

Ah damn why it is always a pain :)

Need to give both of them a try.

Greets
SplitBoy
X2: You better go play with asteroids!/You losssssee profitsssss!
X4: Chelt are better pilot then you!/Machine behave badly Split switch off.

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Sun, 31. May 09, 18:54

New version! 0.0.4!

Rebalance of all ships of the same Class/Race done so far:
1.Enhanced Turning rate on those M6 in need:
Centaur 6
Hvy Centaur 4,9
Hvy Cent. Prot. 5,2
Dragon 8,1
Hvy Dragon 6,7
Hydra 5,6
Hvy Hydra 6
Nemesis 6,7
Hvy Nemesis 5,3
Osprey 5,3
Hvy Osprey 4,8
Otas Skiron 6,1
Katana 7,4
ATF Vali 5

2.Paranid M6/M6H can mount PSG everywhere. (but not the Hyperion)
3.Terran M6/M6H can mount SSC everywhere.
4.Split/Argon/Paranid M6H can now mount their prototype beam cannons in the main slot.
5.All M6/M6H turrets with an odd number of guns now should have an even number of guns.
6.Removed IBL compatibility from ALL Commonwealth M1 and M2, (except pirates and yakis of course)
7.Removed IC/IPG compatiblity from Pirate and Yaki Capitals.
8.Terran/ATF frigates are now able to load only 4 guns on main, but they can now use PSP on main.
9.Added PBG's to Pirate and Yaki M1/2 turrets.
10.Increased the cargo capacity of all M1 by 40 % (they are BIG and require massive stockpiles of ammo and missiles for the fighters...) (not on Teladi)
11.Increased cargo on M2 by 30 %. (they need to carry a lot more weapons, the current Ego loading sistem requires a good cargo bay to spawn a decent weapon selection on enemy M2) (not on Teladi)
12.All Xenon ships now have better stats... (like in Reunion) but no modifies have been done to the turrets placement of the K.
13.All Kha'ak small ships have better speed and turning. I want them ass-kicking again.
14.All Teladi “military ships” will have double the original Cargo Bay (TS and TL excluded), now they make sense.
15.Removed compatibility to all Anti- capital weapons on all M1. (They are Carriers! And only the Raptor was able to use them effectively)
16.Tripled the hangar of all M1. (Carriers now can load hundreds of fighters)
17.Increased M1's cargo bay by another 20% (all summed up the cargo bay is 60% bigger than Vanilla) to load all the missiles and ammo needed to resupply the bigger amount of fighters.

Single Ship rebalanced so far:

1.Springblossom's speed tuned down to 250, price up to around 35 milions, back turret down to 2 weapons
2.All Drones CAN mount Repair laser (useful for MARS scripts, otherwise ininfluent) making another type of drone is beyond this Mod's scope, but now you can give repair laser to them by scripting means.
3.Boreas is now a Light destroyer, speed to 82, manouverablility to 3.2, 2x 2 Gj shields, 4 weapons front/right/left/side turrets, less shield/laser generator, capital weapons only on front/rear/side turrets.
4.Increased the weapon slots for each Python's side turrets to 8, PPC and Gauss compatibility on all other turrets.
5.Tokio has laser energy and regeneration closer to that of Odin/Woden. And its cost has raised...
6.Zeus has 4x 2GJ shields and a 9000KW shield generator.
7.Odin has 2000MW of laser regeneration to cope with its 4 more PSP than other Terran M1
8.Odisseus will have 5x 2Gj shields and 14400KW shield generator.
9.Cerberus is now a REAL anti-fighter platform. Added Flak to the cockpit lasers (and tweaked the laser selection of other turrets), increased rear/up/down turrets to 6 lasers each, and boosted the laser generator, increased cargo bay to 4500 to account for more weapons. Speed increased to 135-140 manouverability has also been increased to be able to catch fighters.
Increased hangar bay to 10 fighters (just to have some wings in it).
10.The falcon sentinel loads 5x 25MJ shields.
11.The kite vangaurd loads 2x 25MJ shields and has a 265 shield generator, weapon generator up to 1000.
12.The Tyr has a bigger cargo bay (but it will be still small if compared to other M2).
13.The Yokohama has now 4 guns per turret.
14.Increased the cargo bay on Panther to 5000
15.Removed the compatibility to PPC on Q's side turrets
16.raised the number of frontal guns on Heavy Hydra, raised the cargo hold to 1000 and toned down the price
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”