[MOD] X2 Ship Callback Mod V2 {V1.08} [4/6 3.1 compatible][Cockpit version added]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Thu, 18. Jun 09, 23:40

Quick question. When the AI use the ships will they have the Old 'tag' in the ship name or will we just have to check out the models?
MOD XR Show Skills

Flying spaceships since 1993.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Thu, 18. Jun 09, 23:43

Im not sure thats somthing you will have to fidn out for me lol. Look for red trails only x2 ships have them.

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Thu, 18. Jun 09, 23:58

Will do :)
MOD XR Show Skills

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Fri, 19. Jun 09, 00:00

awesome work so far. :thumb_up:

hopefully at some point ( i know you are busy at the moment) we'll see the old pirate ships again. i think those flying skulls were the coolest idea..
None of us is as smart as all of us. ~Ken Blanchard

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

Sir Squallus
x4

Post by Sir Squallus » Fri, 19. Jun 09, 00:08

if the name of the ship in the T files is "old Nova"
and the name of the job is for example "Terracorp wapons transporter"
the shipsname ingame will be: Terracorp Weapons Tranporter Old Nova
also the Ai wil use them after time, cause in the Job fils most time ther is a pool of ships the AI can use for example Argon M3, so if the X2 ships are market correktly (and they are) the AI will randomly take any of the Argon M3 ships, also sometimes the Old X2 ships, you cant see them Quick only when other ships become destroyed and the AI will Respawn them.

The only way to test this fast is Starting a new game, cause in this the AI will Spawn ALL jobships maybe also with the "new" old X2 ships

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Fri, 19. Jun 09, 00:21

@ Sir Squallus: Thanks for clearing that up for me, ive neverlooked into job editing so have no realideahow it works.

@ draffut: I will at some point put every ship i have missed into the game.As well as a few custom ones if asked (like SLeeZeCoRe has).

Sir Squallus
x4

Post by Sir Squallus » Fri, 19. Jun 09, 00:28

killerog wrote:I have not added docking bays to any ships yet. Need to think of how i will add them.
There are many Dockingbays ingame i heard, you could make a try with thoes used in the Cerberus, they are smaler like the others, and dont mind if they dosent look X2 like,

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Fri, 19. Jun 09, 00:36

Hmm i could try that.

Bloody space bar on my keyboard has just started dying only got it in Fed :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Fri, 19. Jun 09, 01:25

Awwww I just started a new game with the rule of Boron only ships with an eye to use the old carriers cuz they lookin bloody fing AWESOME. Guess I can use em as heavy M7 patrols.

Which brings me to another suggestions. The old M2/M1 I would suggest reclassifying as 'heavy' M7s (kinda like the Panther), but with the ability for heavy weaponry all around, slower (90ish m/s) speed, and 2-3GJ of shields.

As for the M6's I would suggest (if possible) upgrading their weaponry a bit (old Hydra can't even take the shields of a pirate centaur before it is outa juice). I would think something along the lines of the pirate M6's in terms of comparable stats.

Just my thoughts so far. I will post more as I play with more of the old ships.
MOD XR Show Skills

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Fri, 19. Jun 09, 01:30

Ok thanks, i will work on getting as much balancing done thsi weekend. I will also try and add docking to old M1s.

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Fri, 19. Jun 09, 01:34

No rush man :) I really do appreciate your work though, it is definately bringing a lot more into my X games.

Oh I forgot to mention perhaps dropping the rep required for the older ships since they are 'outdated surplus'. Not sure if that is a good idea for the old M1/M2's though.
MOD XR Show Skills

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Fri, 19. Jun 09, 06:56

Not sure if this is a bug or not but the only red trails I am seeing so far are X3R/TC Split fighters. Seems to be all Split ships so far.
MOD XR Show Skills

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Fri, 19. Jun 09, 13:12

silly me lol i forgot they have red trails lol.

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Sat, 20. Jun 09, 11:22

hello killerog;

was looking over the ships in game and...

1) several of the ships cockpits / gun cockpits need to be looked at and fixed. I.E. the split mamba cockpit is inside the frame. another I.E. the boron shark or was it the ray...... you have the rear side guns linked. so for instance if you jump into the right rear side cockpit; the left rear side turret fires at the right side targets as well and vise versa (basically firing threw the hull). currently i am fixing them in mine so if you want after i am done i can put the fix for you. or i can list what ships needed to be "adjusted".

2) the big radar on the titan needs some loving. it is twitching really bad.

3) i don't know if you are aware but i was looking at the data files you were using and x3 reunion has newer version of some of the data files. I.E. the argon mammoth which has a higher poly count then the one pulled from X2. i believe it is from the defunck X3TR that was never released/cancled. i swapped out some textures from the newer version and the ships looked even better; but that could just be me. :wink: if you want i have already extracted all the updated files from x3 reunion to save you the trouble and put it somewhere for you.

4) you may want to create some dummy entries in the tships. this is so if the dev's decide to release another patch which adds more ships/objects it will not over write what the player currently has. I.E. if 2.2 where to add ship x in position 374 it would overwrite the old colossus and cause problems for the player if they happen to be in the same sector or even in that ship at the time of the upgrade.
None of us is as smart as all of us. ~Ken Blanchard

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Sat, 20. Jun 09, 14:55

@ draffutt: Thanks for the report. If you can list any ships that have problems that will help alot. Also list the problems if you can.

I took all ship from X3:TC so i have no idea why x3 would have a higer poly count. Are you sure its not due to the fact that i have removed the docking section on all ships that have it.

I will look into creating some dummy entries, would make my life easier.

Dbox seems to be very random when it comes to animations, some time it works fine sometimes it dose the twitchy thing you are seeing. I will see if i can work out the difference between that and the working animations i have done.

JakubCW
x4

Post by JakubCW » Fri, 26. Jun 09, 11:37

does this work for X3/R as well as TC?

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Fri, 26. Jun 09, 22:33

I dont think it will. Plenty of changes between R and TC.

Captain Chris sTc
x4

Post by Captain Chris sTc » Fri, 26. Jun 09, 23:35

This is gonna be an awesome mod. i'm looking forward to realeased version. X2 hasd some truly beautiful ships.

Sir Squallus
x4

Post by Sir Squallus » Mon, 29. Jun 09, 20:56

Hy, one Question, where are the Textures saved you use in your Mod?
Are these the Jpeg?

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Mon, 29. Jun 09, 21:48

tex/true is where the textures are stored, and yes most are jpegs.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”