[MOD] Advanced Complex-Hub [2.0-beta.1]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sillybugger
x3tc

Post by Sillybugger » Fri, 16. Apr 10, 01:32

Hi,

First off, thanks for a great Mod, it works as advertised.

However, I've been doing a lot of building for the HUB plot, and realised i needed more cash, as you do. Went off to do some fighting, and noticed that my PBG were broken. The flamethrower effect still works, but there is no damage caused by it.

I seriously doubt this Mod caused the problem, as from previous posts it doesn't mention anything about modifying the laser properties, however as everything was working prior to this I'm stumped. Uninstalling this doesn't work, and i've even dialled back a few other scripts going back a few days, and I still have no PBG!!

Going to try installing the 2.5 patch again, and if that fails i think it's game over, time for a clean install., unless anyone has anyother suggestions.

Thanks again for the Mod!

unknown1
x4

Post by unknown1 » Sat, 5. Jun 10, 11:38

is this compatible with 2.7?and does it triggers the modified tag?

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sat, 5. Jun 10, 11:47

It's compatible and it shouldn't make you modified.

NavaCorp
x3tc

Post by NavaCorp » Wed, 9. Jun 10, 14:11

Can the player dock inside the hub-hangar (like the internal docking in X2) of a station or the player can only send his small ships to the hangar and have them disappear inside the hub? :?

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Wed, 9. Jun 10, 14:17

:?

It's a normal internal dock like in X³:TC. You can also dock internally, but there is no modelled internal hangar to fly through, like in X².

NavaCorp
x3tc

Post by NavaCorp » Wed, 9. Jun 10, 14:25

Saetan wrote::?

It's a normal internal dock like in X³:TC. You can also dock internally, but there is no modelled internal hangar to fly through, like in X².
Ok, I understand: it's the squared hole introduced in X3R. Still nice BTW. :)

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Tue, 6. Jul 10, 08:20

This mod is just awesome. Works as advertised on 2.7.1 with no modified tag. Does this mean that it is possible to add docking ports to other models without breaking vanilla? For example, add internal docking for fighters on equipment docks?

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Tue, 6. Jul 10, 09:55

kurush wrote:Does this mean that it is possible to add docking ports to other models without breaking vanilla? For example, add internal docking for fighters on equipment docks?
As long as the models are stations, yes. Stations always seem to have unlimited docking.
Ships have limits set in the TShips (as far as I know), which modification would cause a modified-tag.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Tue, 6. Jul 10, 21:32

Saetan wrote: As long as the models are stations, yes. Stations always seem to have unlimited docking.
Ships have limits set in the TShips (as far as I know), which modification would cause a modified-tag.
Yeah, I figured that. No docking on M2 :( Still, I think it could be possible allow to enable TS docking on TL without breaking vanilla. Sweet, if only I have time :)

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Mon, 2. Aug 10, 08:33

Has anyone else noticed the Boron Ray asoploding after undocking from a complex hub?

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Mon, 2. Aug 10, 19:18

No one reported before, I never tested ... thanks for your info, I'll fix that once ... in the meanwhile I suggest to undock the Ray while beeing OoS.

If you like to help me:
Can you tell me, where the Ray touches the complex hub? Or is there maybe a collision with another docked capital?

Best regards
Saetan

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Mon, 2. Aug 10, 20:21

Hmmm I don't know if it has anything to do with vanilla or this but I am using this mod. It could be that the Ray is just too large for the Complex hub. I haven't tried letting the AI undock it, every time it goes up in flames is when I am in the thing. Maybe it's just one of those ships that should never be docked with a complex hub due to it's size, among the ships out there the Ray is one of the largest by size for a destroyer

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Mon, 2. Aug 10, 20:31

Vanilla can't dock any capitals at compelx hubs so it's for sure, that taht bug is caused by that mod. ;-)

I have to move the docking point for capitals to fix that, but therefore it would be good to know where the Ray collides with the station or other docked capitals.

But I can look myself too, just have to start X³:TC again some time. I'm not playing anymore for quite a few weeks now.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Mon, 2. Aug 10, 20:52

My best guess with where the Ray is colliding with the Hub would be the nose of the ship, it is not only bulky in the sides but also bulky in width.

I guess I guess right in placing that this mod was the cause. Also when the Ray goes up in smoke so does the complex hub and along with any ship docked to the hub

cecil101

Post by cecil101 » Fri, 24. Sep 10, 17:41

Great mod. Works awsome! I was even able to fit an Atmospheric Lifter on this thing with 0 problems.

NicolaiAliasShadow
x3ap

Post by NicolaiAliasShadow » Fri, 24. Sep 10, 20:06

vizerei wrote:I love the idea for this mod.

However, when I copy the .cat/.dat files to my directory and attempt to load a saved game I get the "Save game may be corrupt" error. When I remove your mod, my save games load fine. Any idea why this is?

I'm running this on steam so definitely the latest patch. Also running a bunch of other mods like the Terraformer Hub fix, Complex Cleaner, MARS, and maybe 1 or 2 other insignificant mods (can't remember what they were)
This should be a problem with your own pc!
I had this error sometimes in X3 Reunion with some savegames [without mods/sctripts]
Have you Install all Patches + Bonuspatches & Reinstall the Game?
Or maybe or Savegame itself is corrupt...
Braucht es wirklich einen Grund jemandem zu Helfen?
Bin ja schon gespannt was Egosoft nach der x-Reihe zu stande bringen wird.. [I Hope for good Fortune!!!]

cecil101

Post by cecil101 » Fri, 24. Sep 10, 23:56

I may be out of legue here but could it be a comatability issue with the complex cleaner and this mod?

Not too sure on the inner workings of this mod. But if it messes with Tfactories (witch I would assume it could be possible) and noticing that the complex cleaner mod states:

"Combining Mods
Complex Cleaner mods TFactories.txt
It will be incompatible to any other mod that touches TFactories.txt ....." I could see an incompatability issue...

moreover, I could also see an incompatability if the cleaner is dependant on the vanilla complex hub model witch is replaced by this mod. (Not sure if the cleaner mod would just take whatever model is avaliable and use it)

again im not very tech savvy so please take anything i say with a grain of salt. and please I want to learn so dont hesitate to tell me a thing or 2 ;)

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sat, 25. Sep 10, 05:33

This mod only changes the model- and scene-file of the complex hab, therefore no incompatibility issue with the TFactories.

The corrupt savegame issue is typically, if something is missing and can't be found to be loaded but saved inside the savegame. Should not happen here, except another mod got removed by accident.

Another reason could may be, if X has problems to load docked ships on the old hub for the new hub. I could think of misplaced ships like TS moved to internal or external dockings.

Anyway, if such a corrupt savegame error occurs, I guess you saved your game while being in a sector which has at least one complex hub? Then I suggest to leave it, move to a sector without hub, save the game, install the mod, load the game, enter a sector with complex hub.
Then it should work. If not, you could try to undock any ships of a hub while being OoS and to re-dock 'ehm later.

NicolaiAliasShadow
x3ap

Post by NicolaiAliasShadow » Wed, 29. Sep 10, 17:47

Saetan wrote:This mod only changes the model- and scene-file of the complex hab, therefore no incompatibility issue with the TFactories.

The corrupt savegame issue is typically, if something is missing and can't be found to be loaded but saved inside the savegame. Should not happen here, except another mod got removed by accident.

Another reason could may be, if X has problems to load docked ships on the old hub for the new hub. I could think of misplaced ships like TS moved to internal or external dockings.

Anyway, if such a corrupt savegame error occurs, I guess you saved your game while being in a sector which has at least one complex hub? Then I suggest to leave it, move to a sector without hub, save the game, install the mod, load the game, enter a sector with complex hub.
Then it should work. If not, you could try to undock any ships of a hub while being OoS and to re-dock 'ehm later.
Blue Text:
When you say it, i remember somehing strange..
I only have corrupt Savegames, when i was in Sectors with 2-5 Complexes and other Stuff like that...
I should try, what you say.
Maybe my old savegames [2 Years Real-Playtime in X3 Reunion] is not dead. ^^

PM: Sorry for My English, but i´m not very good at this :oops:
Braucht es wirklich einen Grund jemandem zu Helfen?
Bin ja schon gespannt was Egosoft nach der x-Reihe zu stande bringen wird.. [I Hope for good Fortune!!!]

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sun, 31. Oct 10, 17:25

It's permitted to non-commercial redistribute this modification. It's also permitted to modify this modification and to non-commercially distribute that modded modification. Each under the additional terms of naming the original author and also linking to the original topic of the modification.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”