[SCRIPT] Player Workshops V2.0 [28.07.2009]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Jar B
x4

Post by Jar B » Tue, 20. Apr 10, 21:25

Please consider adding all language files even if they are in english.

I'd rather have an english command in my game but a ReadText2011-233 ;-) I've fixed it for me own copy but it would be really nice to have it ready for future realeases.

thx

Vivicector

Post by Vivicector » Wed, 21. Apr 10, 09:50

ogamerdg

You must dock something with ED first, than look for the command in Console of docked ship.

How to get rid of ReadText...
Unpack language files somewhere (not in "t" folder). You can see the last 2 digits in it's name? It is language code of file. Then open lang.dat in your game directory with text editor (i. e. WordPad, Blocknote). There is a number there. It's your language code. Remember it. Return to unpacked lang files. Find one with digits 44 (it is English). Change ist's last digits (after L) to your lang. code (there always must be 3 digits, so lang code "7" would be "007"). Save. Now open the file with text editor. See second line? <language id="44"> . Change the number to your lang code (you don't need to add ant nulles here, so "7" would be just "7"). Save, done, copy file to "t" folder.[/b]

xenos84
x3tc

Post by xenos84 » Tue, 4. May 10, 23:56

Think I found a pretty nasty bug. Setting the workshop to automatically outfit ships of a given class, I found my HQ continuosly applying the same upgrades to docked ships, even if they were already maxed. Took me 100-ish million credits lost to find the issue :lol: Disabling the auto upgrade remove the problem and the mod remains fairly useful, but still, better fix up the thing.

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Tue, 11. May 10, 04:13

Sweet addition. You have done a lot in a short time. I'm going to use this.
If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together.

Operating System:
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit CPU: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KF RAM: 32606 MBytes MBO: Gigabyte Z790 UD AC (U3E1) GPU: ZOTAC GEFORCE RTX 4080 Trinity OC NVIDIA 16 GB GDDR6 SSD: AJP600M2TB 1907 GB

ADStryker
x3tc

Post by ADStryker » Mon, 17. May 10, 03:00

Kudos! That took a lot of the pain out of equipping my wing of Solanos. :thumb_up:
PSCO1 Cockpits | lowpolyroids-2.04 | Satellite Early Warning Network | Station Camper | Universal Best Buys/Sells | Invasion Warnings | ResizedAldrinBigRock | Equipment R&D | Lowpoly Complex Tubes | Mobile Ship Repairs | Player Workshop | Marauder Shipyard

ADStryker
x3tc

Post by ADStryker » Mon, 7. Jun 10, 04:17

xenos84 wrote:Think I found a pretty nasty bug...I found my HQ continuosly applying the same upgrades to docked ships...
Hmm ... I set up auto-equip also, but haven't seen that behavior.

I should add that I don't have my HQ yet. I added {M7 2027} to the dock check so that my Panther could equip a few squadrons of Solanos. That was easy, even for a scripting virgin.

However, I did want a report detailing how many credits my Panther was spending to equip ships -- that was a little tougher. I've spent the last couple of weeks playing with the scripts instead of playing with the game, and I've managed to implement a couple of different report types. One report type tells me what the auto-equip dock spends on each individual ship (this might be useful sometimes, but can also generate a lot of message spam). The other report type just gives me a summary of the total number of ships equipped and the total cost.

Since I haven't actually been playing recently, the longest I've let the Panther sit with those Solanos in its belly is 10-to-20 minutes, but in that time interval it hasn't tried to re-equip the Solanos.

Maybe it's just a bug with the HQ?
PSCO1 Cockpits | lowpolyroids-2.04 | Satellite Early Warning Network | Station Camper | Universal Best Buys/Sells | Invasion Warnings | ResizedAldrinBigRock | Equipment R&D | Lowpoly Complex Tubes | Mobile Ship Repairs | Player Workshop | Marauder Shipyard

Nutbar
xr

Post by Nutbar » Fri, 2. Jul 10, 10:23

Great script, but just from the first hour of using it I've found that...

It doesn't seem to work on Terran ships (tried it on the Osaka and Vidar). The list of software upgrades is nada. Had to buy them on my Python or HCP and transfer it to my other ships.

Under ship command was hard to find, =P.. took me a while, is it really hard to put it under a new station tab?

Gotta say great script, made my EQ dock actually worth something other than a garage... =)

danichols
x4

Post by danichols » Sun, 14. Nov 10, 02:27

Hi Pelador, I install your script from the superbox it came with V2.0, so I installed with the plugin manager. How do I get a HQ or EQ to use this scrip, I have tried but I do not see the workshop option anywhere on any of my stations.

Thx in advance

Catra

Post by Catra » Sun, 14. Nov 10, 03:11

danichols wrote:Hi Pelador, I install your script from the superbox it came with V2.0, so I installed with the plugin manager. How do I get a HQ or EQ to use this scrip, I have tried but I do not see the workshop option anywhere on any of my stations.

Thx in advance
its not on the stations themselves, its in the ship command menu.

danichols
x4

Post by danichols » Sun, 14. Nov 10, 04:28

Thx Catra for the help, sorry for the double post, but I cannot see the Workshop in the Command Console. I know that some of you are a bit more knowlegable in using the scrip than other, but for us that are not a bit more information other than it is in the cmd console would go a long way. Don't get me wrong I appreciate your repply, but we all have to learn some way and asking the questions is how some of us do it. :)

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Sun, 14. Nov 10, 08:20

Install this:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=218088

dock your ship at a station that you want to control with the workshop.

in your ship menu (navigation, combat, special, etc). look for workshop in one of the sub menus. I forget which one. Maybe under Special. Click on that and the workshop menu will open. it's pretty self explanatory.

If you do not install the menu system above, just go into the controls section and assign a hotkey to workshop. you can open it that way (dock at the station that you want to control...)

Yacek
x3tc

Post by Yacek » Sun, 14. Nov 10, 09:31

russbo wrote: dock your ship at a station that you want to control with the workshop.

in your ship menu (navigation, combat, special, etc). look for workshop in one of the sub menus. I forget which one. Maybe under Special. Click on that and the workshop menu will open. it's pretty self explanatory.
Trade/Workshop
X3:AP 3.1+XRM 1.30d+MSP 1.7+LoCo 2.01+IR 2.0
Zapraszamy wszystkich chętnych na forum XUDB, gdzie znajdziesz FAQ, opisy skryptów, modów i fabuł, oraz Mamut HQ.
[ external image ]

danichols
x4

Post by danichols » Sun, 14. Nov 10, 23:14

thx guys works now, you guys rock. :)

LIZERTECH
x3ap

Post by LIZERTECH » Wed, 27. Jul 11, 13:32

thx pelador for this script, it works great except for the auto save config and also the auto upgrade for the ship class. not sure why it wont save my configuration.

EarlHarewood
x3tc

Post by EarlHarewood » Sat, 30. Jul 11, 01:30

First of all pelador, freaking awesome script, you saved me hours of tedium with this. THANK YOU!!!! :D

Secondly, bit of a warning to people using this script, upgrade your ships using workshop BEFORE you fill their cargo holds, apparently the upgrades need to be installed via the cargo bay :)

Bobisback

Post by Bobisback » Wed, 21. Dec 11, 21:39

is there anyway to easliy add support for other equipment that is added by other mods? like MARS, mefos, travel drive?

P.S nevermind I figured out how to add them :) I am happy

great mod makes life so much easier thanks :D

jiunejai
x4

Post by jiunejai » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 11:21

Could anyone teach me how to add new equipment in the setting menu?
I edit plugin.pelador.workshop.ref, but seems not work :?

EDIT:
I have solved it!

The following are steps to add new equipment into menu:

1. Edit "plugin.pelador.workshop.ref". Add a line for new equipment into $equipment array, you can copy existing one then edit, or insert a new one by yourself.
  • code form is $equipment [ array number ] = equipment.name

i.e.:

Code: Select all

$equipment [ 32 ] = MARS - Motion Analysis& Relay System
2. In same script file, edit $include array. To avoid error, give argument for controlling include or not.
  • code form is $include [ array number ] = 0/1,
    notice that 1=include, 0=disinclude.

i.e.:

$include [ 32 ] = 0
3. Edit $no.equipment with "lastest array number +1".
  • The argument $no.equipment should be found in first 10 lines of follow script files:
    • plugin.pelador.player.workshop
      plugin.pelador.workshop.cfg
      plugin.pelador.workshop.ref

Andyrids
x3tc

Post by Andyrids » Mon, 19. Mar 12, 11:06

Hi great script !

I have been trying to add the functionality to M6 class (Hyperion) without much success I added :

or $class == M6 2026
To .player.dock.chk.xml at Lines 26 & 39

I gather I also have to add info to the <sval also and update each array size by 6 in the same file ?

<sval type="int" val="131074" />
               <sval type="int" val="4" />
               <sval type="int" val="12" />
               <sval type="int" val="2026" />
               <sval type="int" val="15" />
               <sval type="int" val="0" />
Would that be correct or am I missing something ? since I cant seen to get it to work on my M6, the edits do not break the existing script either so I must be close ?

Thanks.

Andyrids
x3tc

Post by Andyrids » Tue, 20. Mar 12, 10:30

Well so far I got it to work on existing M6 & M7's BUT if you spawn a new one or even a new TL or M1 then the "workshop" command is greyed out...

This is what I have so far :

Line 26
      <line linenr="014" indent="  "><var>else if </var><text></text><var>$class == M1 2021 OR $class == TL 2032 or $class == M6 2026 or $class == M7 2027 </var><text></text></line>

Line 39
      <line linenr="027" indent="  "><var>if </var><text></text><var>$class == M1 2021 OR $class == TL 2032 or $class == M6 2026 or $class == M7 2027 </var><text></text></line>
And then further down in the same file :

<sval type="array" size="37">
               <sval type="int" val="104" />
               <sval type="int" val="-1610609147" />
               <sval type="int" val="7" />
               <sval type="int" val="2021" />
               <sval type="int" val="2032" />
               <sval type="int" val="2026" />
               <sval type="int" val="2027" />
               <sval type="int" val="10" />
               <sval type="int" val="7" />
               <sval type="int" val="-1" />
               <sval type="int" val="-2" />
               <sval type="int" val="10" />
               <sval type="int" val="-4" />
               <sval type="int" val="-5" />
            </sval>
There is 2 blocks with same code and I edited them both...

The fact that it works with existing ships means I'm on the right track here, there must be some other value I need to increment but not knowing what the other numbers in the sval list relate to is probably the reason why it wont work with a newly spawned ship...

Any help here greatly appreciated
:)

Andyrids
x3tc

Post by Andyrids » Mon, 26. Mar 12, 07:47

Still struggling to get this to work properly, I have been studying <sval> types and values in other scripts that deal with player ships and see similarities but blindly changing the values as one would expect has random catastrophic results at times...

A few pointers / help would be much appreciated guys please :)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”