[SCR][june 08][v. 2.5-] STO 1.57 - overtake sectors

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Starfire Commander
x3tc

Post by Starfire Commander » Tue, 19. Jul 16, 21:02

Is this compatible with X3: AP 3.1?
-A wise man, in times of peace, prepares for war.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 19. Jul 16, 21:29

Should be.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Pind
x4

Post by Pind » Mon, 10. Apr 17, 03:31

If you are using this with XRM and after taking over a sector are still getting spawns, there is a quick hack you can do.

I found out that the stop respawn mechanism only destroys ships from the ORIGINAL OWNER. So if you take over an unknown sector and there are, say, Kha'ak spawns, they won't be destroyed.

You can use X Studio or Script Editor to change the <plugin.sto.task.stoprespawn.xml> script to also include whatever race you don't want to spawn.

Here's my updated code for the file:

Code: Select all

= wait randomly from 1 to 2 ms
$originalowners = get global variable: name='STO.list02'
$sectors = get global variable: name='STO.list00'

$index = get index of [SECTOR] in array $sectors offset=0

if $index >= -1
$originalowner = $originalowners[$index]
$owner = [THIS]-> get owner race

if $owner == $originalowner OR [Kha'ak] OR [Pirates]

if  $owner != [Player]
$LV1 = [THIS]-> get local variable: name='STO.donotdestroy'
$LV2 = [THIS]-> get local variable: name='STO.marked'

skip if $LV1 OR $LV2
[THIS]-> destruct: show no explosion=[TRUE]
end
end
end

return null
[/code]

Pind
x4

Post by Pind » Sat, 15. Apr 17, 15:44

Found another major bug with supression.

In the code snipper in my previous post, the line

if $index >= -1 
Should be ...

if $index > -1 
Without this fix it suppresses spawns in EVERY sector, not just the ones you own...

Aldebaran_Prime
x4

Post by Aldebaran_Prime » Sat, 15. Apr 17, 20:46

Why you don't use Improved Races 2.0 - this also includes sector takover, but also additional features:
https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=319529

Pind
x4

Post by Pind » Sun, 16. Apr 17, 05:20

Thanks for the link, will check that out too, though it seems a little much for me.

Assassin8edKING

Re: [SCR][june 08][v. 2.5-] STO 1.57 - overtake sectors

Post by Assassin8edKING » Thu, 25. Apr 19, 07:09

A little thread necromancy :-)

I've just installed this mod for AP 3.1 and it works as intended, but one problem....

Pirate sectors.....

The mod readme states that you must "be an enemy to the race of the sector you want to takeover (rank of -5)" but the Pirates have no rank system towards the player....

There's a pirate sector next door to my shiny new player owned sector and I want to take it over.... No sttions in that sector to orry about, so I dumped a trading dock and EQD in there and nothing happens :-(

I've taken over Unknown Sectors which works instantly after placing a trade dock in it, but not the Pirate sector....

Any ideas on how to get this to work taking over a Pirate Sector? It's driving me nuts!!

Thanks.
A befallen king is deadlier than one who still stands...

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 25. Apr 19, 17:25

There's a pirate rank, just not visibly shown to the player. Scripts like Ranks for Xenon, Kha'ak, Pirates and Yaki can help with that.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Assassin8edKING

Post by Assassin8edKING » Thu, 25. Apr 19, 17:54

Awesome info again! Thanks 👍

The post for that mod does say it "works on all versions of TC" so I will test 8f it works for AP also.

Either way though, I just have to hammer the pirates to the max until they utterly despise me, ieinaicallg their hatred for me will allow me to takeover their sectors 🤣

Assassin8edKING

Post by Assassin8edKING » Sun, 28. Apr 19, 00:23

The script to show you the pirate ranks etc worked a treat, just had to go pirate hunting until the rank got to - 5, had to use the All Seeing Eye to find all the pirate bases but eventually, after destroying about 30 of them, the rank dropped low enough and Void Of Opportunity became mine 😈

Thanks for the help 🙏

Terran Patriot

Post by Terran Patriot » Tue, 26. Sep 23, 22:51

I've been using this script over the past couple of months with Vukica's Lost Colony Expansion mod. I've just claimed my first unknown sector and I noticed Betty doesn't speak the names of the optional sector names.

I was curious if there is a way that I could add sector names that are pronounceable. I know there are many cool names in the XRM mod that I would love to use in the vanilla version of the game.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”