[SCR][june 08][v. 2.5-] STO 1.57 - overtake sectors

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Onemanfromfar

Post by Onemanfromfar » Mon, 22. Feb 10, 23:03

Yes ) did it last night your script is cool dude! thnx a lot all

pmyers101
x3tc

My Sector 598, no longer Xenon!!!

Post by pmyers101 » Tue, 23. Feb 10, 04:52

Figured out my issue with the 598 sector not working.. I had used a different take over script before, and that was the first sector I had used it on. I did not like the spamming of the Xenon spawns. Which led me to find a new takeover script.

I fixed it by uninstalling this mod, changing the ownership of my station to Xenon, re-enabling the mod, and then re-claiming my station.

The script told me I had claimed the sector and it worked GREAT!!!

It told me it had claimed it the first time the scripts loaded but I think the script thought since it belonged to me to begin with it dint need to keep it clear.

This script is Great and works Awesome.

THANK YOU!!!!!

PWNAGE

Post by PWNAGE » Wed, 3. Mar 10, 16:13

Hi i got this mod for a couple weeks now and it worked fine untill now, for some reason, i can no longer open then control centre with the hot key, i get this beep noice when ever i try to.

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Wed, 3. Mar 10, 16:28

Hmmpf, this shouldn't happen, and I don't know, why it does. However, the fix is simple, try this fix:

Beep-Fix

copy the script from the archive to your scripts-folder and execute the plugin.sto.restart.menu-script inside the ScriptEditor by pressing "r".

PWNAGE

Post by PWNAGE » Wed, 3. Mar 10, 17:11

Sorry i am lost after the copying the folder into the script folder in X3TC folder. so i go to the script editor ingame from the ship cammand console then press r?

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Wed, 3. Mar 10, 17:18

You go to the script-editor (either over command console or fasted by pressing <shift>c s) then press enter and search for the script. After finding it (cursor has to be over it), press "r"

then script-input = null, and that was all, the menu should open again.

PWNAGE

Post by PWNAGE » Wed, 3. Mar 10, 17:25

Yep, it worked and is now fixed.

learn something new as well THX :D

bfifteenv
x3tc

Post by bfifteenv » Wed, 17. Mar 10, 22:29

I love this script! Excellent work Trickmov!

One question though, and maybe since I'm a noob, it's something else happening that I haven't run into before and not related to the script.

I've taken over two Unknown Sectors and Xenon 347 and 472. Shortly after taking over 472, I started getting a "you have lost recognition" voice prompt every few minutes.

I looked at my pilot status and it seems to be the Teladi that suddenly have it in for me. They have also started attacking my satellites in their sectors and one station I have in Spaceweed Drift.

Could it be because I am allowing anyone that wants to, to build stations in my sectors?

Like if there is a Terran or Yaki station in a Sector that I own, would that make the Teladi hate me?

Surely the Teladi aren't mad I took over Xenon sectors, right???

Or is there just a point in the game where the Teladi start getting jealous of my profitsss and start waging war against me.

I'm kind of confused about what's going on, but I sure would like to keep the Teladi as friends. At least for a few more days until I can get my fleet rebuilt (took some losses clearing the Xenon sectors) to where I am ready to fight back against the Teladi.

Thanks for any advice!

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Wed, 17. Mar 10, 23:08

This issue is definatly not from STO. There is nowhere a part, where the player-reputation is influenced directly.
Only if you have raids enabled and kill the raiding ships, the reputation will (of course) go down.

bfifteenv
x3tc

Post by bfifteenv » Wed, 17. Mar 10, 23:58

Wow! Thanks for the quick reply TM!

Hmm. Maybe that's it. I thought I had raids off, but maybe I don't, I'll switch the setting and see if it helps!

Thanks again for a great script and a super fast response!

Troubleshooter11
x4

Post by Troubleshooter11 » Sun, 21. Mar 10, 12:48

Are there any Terran equivilant stations i can use to claim sectors?

Such as Orbital Logistics Dock, etc ?

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Sun, 21. Mar 10, 14:07

You can use the USC Orbital Logistics Dock, the USC Orbital Supply Base and the USC Orbital Support Station. None of these stations can be bought by normal means.

Troubleshooter11
x4

Post by Troubleshooter11 » Sun, 21. Mar 10, 14:14

Trickmov wrote:You can use the USC Orbital Logistics Dock, the USC Orbital Supply Base and the USC Orbital Support Station. None of these stations can be bought by normal means.
True, but they can be bought with the ATF Shipyard script which im using. And since im a Terran dude, i prefer using the Terran stations.

Thanks for the quick update!

Ratlaw
x3tc

Is there any mod/script that makes the enemys staions stop spawning?

Post by Ratlaw » Fri, 26. Mar 10, 05:57

I have looked through the library and cant seem to find any. Is there one?

{Apparently. The script pointed to you in your earlier thread. Merging. jlehtone}

AtomicDryad

Post by AtomicDryad » Thu, 1. Apr 10, 15:06

Hi, excellent script (I've been using since X3R). I thought I remembered a feature where ships flying in through a gate were allowed? There is a steady migration of Xenon from unclaimed sectors several jumps away to my shiny new Xenon sector 472, but STO smites them as soon as they (legitmately) invade.

To correct this I initially attempted a distance-to-gate check. This works when I cheat a ship into existence on a gate:

Code: Select all

Gate dist check for Xenon M in Xenon Sector 472: South Gate = 0.
Allowing Xenon M in Xenon Sector 472 because distance to South Gate is 0
Apparently, however, ships gate-in quite far from the gate (oos):

Gate dist check for Xenon N in Xenon Sector 472: South Gate = 5240.
Killing Xenon N in Xenon Sector 472.
If that's the reason the feature was removed (if I'm not just delusional :P) then I found a better way:

if $ship.owner == Xenon
            if not $ship -> get local variable: name='STO.donotdestroy'
              $ship.age = $ship -> get flight time
              write to log file #2323  append=[TRUE]  printf: fmt='Flight time check for %s in %s: %s.', $ship, $sec, $ship.age, null, null
              if $ship.age >= 4
                write to log file #2323  append=[TRUE]  printf: fmt='Allowing %s in %s because age = %s.', $ship, $sec, $ship.age, null, null
                $ship -> set local variable: name='STO.donotdestroy' value=[TRUE]
              else
                write to log file #2323  append=[TRUE]  printf: fmt='Killing %s in %s.', $ship, $sec, null, null, null
                $ship -> destruct: show no explosion=[TRUE]
              end
            end
          end

Flight time check for Xenon Buster in Xenon Sector 472: 0.
Killing Xenon Buster in Xenon Sector 472.
Flight time check for Xenon L in Xenon Sector 472: 3914.
Allowing Xenon L in Xenon Sector 472 because age = 3914.
The 'legitimate' L was spared from a quick death caused by STO, only to meander into the meatgrinder of my sector defenses XD.
This seems to work IS and OOS. I will need to watch the log to make sure spawned intruders really do have a flight time of 0, and making this optional might be a good idea.

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Thu, 1. Apr 10, 15:31

Yes, thanks, this should indeed work and I will include it in the next version (in a few days probably).
This feature was never included in a earlier STO-version, though.

No need to make it optional... the complete destruction of all ships was more a cheat than anything else, so I will make your idea to default (and unchangable).
Last edited by Trickmov on Fri, 2. Apr 10, 16:30, edited 1 time in total.

AtomicDryad

Post by AtomicDryad » Thu, 1. Apr 10, 23:46

I wonder how long they'll keep coming, I've been IS since last post. As is, there have been no IS spawns, just a steady stream across several sectors. This is puzzling, perhaps they only jump in when player is oos?

If it never stops an option might be good after all, trading balance for player sanit, considering a Q's ability to dust pretty much anything with it's alpha.

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Fri, 2. Apr 10, 11:11

I think they jump also in when the player is inSector. Can take a while, though.

I had included the destruction only, because it was impossible to hold a overtaken Xenon-sector due to the spawning ships. As I didn't see the "get flighttime"-command, all ships of the former owner race were destroyed. But this was very near to a cheat and I never liked it, as the patroulling ships were also destroyed.
So I think it's now about right. All spawning Xenon-ships will become destroyed, but not the patroulling ones. So it is more realistic, that you have to defend your overtaken sectors properly. Also you can react earlier by having a look on the neighbouring sectors of your overtaken sector.

AtomicDryad

Post by AtomicDryad » Fri, 2. Apr 10, 13:15

Trickmov wrote:I think they jump also in when the player is inSector. Can take a while, though.

I had included the destruction only, because it was impossible to hold a overtaken Xenon-sector due to the spawning ships. As I didn't see the "get flighttime"-command, all ships of the former owner race were destroyed. But this was very near to a cheat and I never liked it, as the patroulling ships were also destroyed.
So I think it's now about right. All spawning Xenon-ships will become destroyed, but not the patrolling ones. So it is more realistic, that you have to defend your overtaken sectors properly. Also you can react earlier by having a look on the neighbouring sectors of your overtaken sector.

Agreed, and the Xenon would be especially stubborn due to their nature. This isn't quite patrolling, however, and I have concerns that it will -never- stop, which would make little sense. With unit after unit destroyed and no gains, eventually giving up would be more beneficial, especially to cold machine thinking. Most likely that would preceed a buildup/surprise attack but the game's AI isn't that clever.

From a pure gameplay perspective this sort of thing is a bad combination with the game's broken OOS combat system, and has effectively kept me from leaving the sector because then the rules change. A 50 LT gate trap + m2 is no longer enough when Qs - which can oneshot most ships in the game - enter every 5-10 minutes.

So far it's not bothered me as I'm working on scripting projects. However, if after a week of constant running the Xenon Conga Line hasn't stopped or at least tapered down, a cheat starts to look more like a bugfix.

This is, of course, a bandaid.

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Fri, 2. Apr 10, 13:28

As far I am understanding the patrol-command, the patrols are going from one race-sector to another. Other races territory is only affected, if it's directly in between the route.

So I think it depends where your overtaken Xenon-sector is. Xenon sector 101 should never see a patrol, also not 347, 472 and 534, if overtaken. All other Xenon-sectors should be in a patroulling range, so you will probably see patrols there.

But I am not absolutly sure about this information. Best would be, if you test it yourself ;)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”