[SCR][june 08][v. 2.5-] STO 1.57 - overtake sectors

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Abraxis86
x3tc

Post by Abraxis86 » Sat, 19. Feb 11, 02:39

Wow, sorry, I'm retarded and my shame knows no bounds.

Please disregard this post and forgive me for any injury or loss due to the extreme face palming I may or may not have caused.

RiffShooter

Post by RiffShooter » Sun, 15. May 11, 19:33

I am using this script on Xtended and i honestly cannot take over a sector.

I have destroyed all enemy ships in the sector 'Aldrin' and i have placed a terran trading station and also tried an Argon trading station but the argon station was placed through cheating. Just to see if i could take the sector over.

I have read about an initial time period where the first sector take over will not work. How long is this?

Any help is appreciated :)

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Sun, 15. May 11, 22:16

The initial wait period should be about 1-2 minutes (realtime) - but I would guess your problem is, that your Aldrin-rank is too high (rank -5 is required), therefore you can use "declare to sector owner" in the general options in any Aldrin-sector.

Of course there mustn't be any Aldrin-stations in that sector (ships not necessary) ;)

Anuke

Sector Take Over

Post by Anuke » Sun, 15. May 11, 22:25

I have no idea where i got this awasome mod (Sector take over) by TRICKMOV. but it is one of the best scripts ever made. anyhow, i need some support for it because the trade stations are no longer converting the sectors over to my control. i think i have six so far and they work great but now nothing happens. anyone know where this is from?

{Miraculously the thread in question was on the first page, so find&merge was trivial. :gruebel: jlehtone}
What GoD taketh away, Cycrow giveth back.

Anuke

Post by Anuke » Mon, 16. May 11, 08:40

ha, thats funny. i was looking for it in the sticky. WHY the F*&k is it not in the community library. it is awesome. any way. i deleted the hq from SPIRES of ELUSION (the new home sector) which was the first sector that would not show up on the list. after that the paranid trading stations worked for other sectors but SPIRES is still not converting. also i want to check and see if Pirate respawn is suppressed. I love it when they try to raid through the gates but will i have yaki, pirates and Other races spawning in the interior of my sectors? also i really want gian star (it is so pretty) will this work? spires used to be taken over fine in an earlier game but now it is broken. ANY WAY TO MANUALLY ADD A SECTOR?

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Mon, 16. May 11, 09:35

Anuke wrote:ha, thats funny. i was looking for it in the sticky. WHY the F*&k is it not in the community library.
I wasn't intending to give any support for it :P
i deleted the hq from SPIRES of ELUSION (the new home sector) which was the first sector that would not show up on the list. after that the paranid trading stations worked for other sectors but SPIRES is still not converting.
Well, Spires shouldn't make problems. If other sectors still work, I would guess not all requirements are met:
- no station of previous owner
- rank at previous owner -5 or unknown or player sector
- own tradedock / HQ / HUB placed in that sector
also i want to check and see if Pirate respawn is suppressed. I love it when they try to raid through the gates but will i have yaki, pirates and Other races spawning in the interior of my sectors?
No, not with standard settings, all spawning ships of previous owner will become destroyed, except when you disable this option ;)
also i really want gian star (it is so pretty) will this work?
What?
spires used to be taken over fine in an earlier game but now it is broken. ANY WAY TO MANUALLY ADD A SECTOR?
No.

Anuke

Post by Anuke » Tue, 17. May 11, 20:27

all requirements are met. spires is one of the choices for "a new home" plot and i have built hq's and trading docks to no avail. also, gian star is a sector two sectors to the left of maelstrom. it is a plot sector owned by the pirates. i want it hard core. is there any device in place to stop the take over of plot sectors? does this device disapear after the plot associated with it is finished?

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Wed, 18. May 11, 18:45

I took Gaian Star last year (along with 34 other sectors); using the usual methods in STO, without a problem. Don't remember doing a plot mission there; then again, I don't do many plot missions. You really should not have a problem capturing it.

lich83
x3tc

Compatability - SRM + Jobs

Post by lich83 » Sun, 12. Jun 11, 11:40

Greetings, thank you for great script.

I would like to ask you if it is compatible with SRM and Jobs for them?
Especialy counterstrike (ie not using the OWP as attack ships)
Thanks in advance for answer

Grid
xr

Post by Grid » Tue, 14. Jun 11, 23:09

hey man love thes script but just wonder if you could realies a vertion of the ship tunings as a seperate install there dosnt seem to be any others avaliabe

Grid
xr

Post by Grid » Thu, 23. Jun 11, 01:14

hey guys sorry to be a pest but i notice you spelt the word "and" in the desction of a claimed and reanamed sector its spelt "und" in game

shuntboy
x3ap

Post by shuntboy » Sat, 1. Oct 11, 17:28

stealthhammer wrote:I was just wondering if anyone noticed that their sector after awhile gets filled with LTs after claiming it or had a similar problem?

Running STO 1.57 with X3TC 3.0
I'm having the same issue. LTs owned by the previous owners of the claimed sector, e.g. "paranid laser tower", keep spawning in the sector. Anyone found a fix for this?

SpaceSquirrel
x3tc

Post by SpaceSquirrel » Tue, 3. Jan 12, 22:12

Its the only reason I play X3 is the STO script, otherwise whats the point of having the enemy simply pop back again. Thats like succeeding in an objective only to find out you failed!

Anyways thanks Trickmov for the STO.
But I can't seem to get it to work.

I just conquered Xenon 347.
I elimanted the one Xenon station
that was there and destroyed all the big ships.
I built a Argon Equipment dock there.
I've been defending it now for 30 minutes but it still says Xenon in left corner of sector map.
Also the STO sector list it doesn't appear there?

I watch and continually new Xenon ships keeps respawning in front of my eyes.
I can't hold them off forever.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
Boron Marine: Mi Chi Ken "All for one and one for all!...Lets go men!...Arg!...reaching hull, almost there...attempting to breach hull...I'm feeling hungry...I wanna go home...static...losing transmission...your breaking up Captain...must abort mission...cannot breach hull...forgot to take drill...ahhhh...not feeling well...must return to ship Captain...ahhhh...have doctors note...ya thats it ya and ahhh...just noticed...wearing shoes that don't match...must return...over?"

stealthhammer

Post by stealthhammer » Wed, 4. Jan 12, 00:06

shuntboy wrote:
stealthhammer wrote:I was just wondering if anyone noticed that their sector after awhile gets filled with LTs after claiming it or had a similar problem?

Running STO 1.57 with X3TC 3.0
I'm having the same issue. LTs owned by the previous owners of the claimed sector, e.g. "paranid laser tower", keep spawning in the sector. Anyone found a fix for this?
Dude I posted that a year ago. I still dunno what to do far as fixing it though. Wonder if this is working for AP also.
"The more we, as a human race, becomes more advanced, the more we, as a human race, lose our humanity and common sense." - Sean Patrick Feeney

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal." - Albert Einstine

SpaceSquirrel
x3tc

Post by SpaceSquirrel » Wed, 4. Jan 12, 04:16

ok its working now. The manual says trading stations are required so I assumed
a equipment dock where trading is done, but it means something like Free Argon Trading Station, that you buy at a shipyard.

The readme should clarify that Free (Race) Trading Stations are the only ones allowed. Not stations that do trading.

It's working now anyways.
Boron Marine: Mi Chi Ken "All for one and one for all!...Lets go men!...Arg!...reaching hull, almost there...attempting to breach hull...I'm feeling hungry...I wanna go home...static...losing transmission...your breaking up Captain...must abort mission...cannot breach hull...forgot to take drill...ahhhh...not feeling well...must return to ship Captain...ahhhh...have doctors note...ya thats it ya and ahhh...just noticed...wearing shoes that don't match...must return...over?"

Thias
x3tc

Post by Thias » Sun, 22. Jan 12, 20:44

Did anyone try this on AP yet?

Edit: Just tried it. Seems to work partially. I was able to take over 2 Xenon sektors. But LooMankstratsLegacy did not work.

Edit2: I had a go on a few xenon Sectors. Seems, that in 598, the Q's keep spawning even after takeover... fun :twisted:
"Jetzt zeige ich dir, wie ein Borone kämpft!" - "Ziel verlässt Feuerrreichweite."
"Jetzt zeige ich dir, wie ein Borone kämpft!" - "Hier ist mein Schiff."

Thias
x3tc

Post by Thias » Mon, 6. Feb 12, 00:03

Just tried to take over some terran sector. Did not work :shock:
Xenon Sectors -> no problem. Unknown sectors -> np. Pirate sectors and terran sec. dont work.

I tried to look into the script, but its is much too complicated for my knowledge. I will try to disable some perquisites like "race rep -5" to narrow down to the error. But I am not too confident about me succeeding.
"Jetzt zeige ich dir, wie ein Borone kämpft!" - "Ziel verlässt Feuerrreichweite."

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Mon, 6. Feb 12, 04:04

Are you using version 1.72? The Terran and Pirate races were "added" in version 1.68. Not sure what the changes were. And assuming that the map was changed in AP, 1.72 might not work completely in AP. I don't think Trickmov is updating this script, given what's in the first post.

Which is a shame. It's a great script for TC.

Thias
x3tc

Post by Thias » Mon, 6. Feb 12, 09:31

I was using 1.57, I thought it was the latest, as I took it from the first post...

I'll search for the newer Version and give it a try.

A map change shouldn't be the problem here. As I saw, the script does a search over all sectors provided by the engine, so no hard coded sectors. That is proven by the fact, that I was able to take over a unknown sector that wasn't there in TC.

Edit: 1,57 actually is the latest version. 1.72 would be for Reunion.

MOAR edit:

I was wrong! STO is working fine and I am an idiot. I thought I had -5 rep. to the terrans, I am "terroroist". After blowing up their defense station in Segaris and pulverizing their defending fleet I was sure to be their most hated enemy, but not so. I changed the skript to accept a minimum notoriety of -4 and beep - sektor is mine.

Jan Soren

Post by Jan Soren » Mon, 25. Jun 12, 22:12

Hello,
I am playing X3:TC (not AP) and i like this script (I'm using version 1.57), I have claimed many Xenon and Unknown sectors, but when I try to claim pirate sectors, I fail always!! :evil: Even after I crush all instalations and every pirate ship and then unload trading station, sector still belongs to them (tried in 6 sectors)... My ship is always fully equiped with all legal software (I claimed over four sectors with that ship) and I searched in online maps to be sure I didn't miss any stations... and I smashed them all... Any advice? :?
Borons are great... as a sushi

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”