[SCR] CODEA Weapon System [09-06-03 X3TC 3.beta.19]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Mon, 13. Apr 09, 05:59

Thanks Darkfear, that's what I thought. And if you want to rest your pilots and get experience built up for other ones that you might be carrying, transfer them from the lounge into ships and vice versa. To minimize the amount of pilots on patrol overall, reduce the number of ships in the pilot hangar.

All very well thought out. Impressive. A little bit of micromanagement, but, a very powerful script for carrier use. Without a doubt, a must have for TC. Carriers are nonsense without this.

Freeman_79
xr

Post by Freeman_79 » Mon, 13. Apr 09, 06:05

oooh nice.
I almost completely gave up hope on the carriers, but this seems to offer me another try with the carriers.

Btw, does this script work with the 2.0 patch ?

//Freeman

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Mon, 13. Apr 09, 07:33

Yes, it works great so far with latest patch as far as I can tell. Very in depth piece of work.

THE_BIG_FISH:Leo
xr

Post by THE_BIG_FISH:Leo » Mon, 13. Apr 09, 13:33

since i installed this Cycows afterburner turbo thing no longer works :cry: I have uninstalled this mod and reinstalled the afterburner but unfortunately it has not fixed it. I think it might have something to do with the Libraries that this mod needed installing, as i don't read German i have no idea what they are or how to remove them properly? i tried removing all the files it adds but my gamed CTD's when ever i try to start the game so i had to put the files back :(

(sorry about the readability of this post i have had no sleep so its probably a little confusing :S)

darkfear
x4

Post by darkfear » Mon, 13. Apr 09, 19:05

THE_BIG_FISH:Leo wrote: I have uninstalled this mod
Have you used the proper uninstall routine as described in the manual? Or have you just deleted the script files?

Concerning the Library script: It is a collection of scripts that are used by all off Lucike scripts. If you have uninstalled CODEA with the uninstall option, it is safe to just delete the library files. (If you use no other scripts that are dependent on the library) You can use the provided "Delete all library Scripts.bat" in the scripts.delete folder.

If you just deleted CODEA, reinstall it and use the proper uninstall routine.

But I can't imagine that the library has sth. to do with your CTDs. Does X3 TC also CTD when you start a new one?

P.S. Lucike has released a new beta version of CODEA. I will update the post and the download links within the hour.

darkfear

darkfear
x4

New Version 3.beta.01

Post by darkfear » Mon, 13. Apr 09, 19:23

CODEA Waffensystem
(Carrier Orbit Defense of Enemy Attack)
(Version 3.beta.01 - 12. April 2009)

Image Image

-> CODEA Weapon System (Version 3.beta.01)
-> Necessary "Libraries" (Please reinstall during the Update!) (New 10.04.09 !)

Prerequisites: X³ Terran Conflict version 1.3 or higher (not compatible with X³ Reunion) !!

12.04.2009 (Version 3.beta.01)
  • Tender ships on their way back to the carrier will now jump to a gate and not only to the middle of the sector.
  • Improved selection and approach of a refuge sector by a tender ship.
  • Performance requirements of the Reconnaissance squadrons reduced.
  • Expanded Weapon Selection of the fighters.
  • The Alpha-Phase is completed.
  • Several small improvements.
Last edited by darkfear on Mon, 13. Apr 09, 20:39, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Mon, 13. Apr 09, 19:54

I'm not a big fan of carrier command scripts however, this obviously is unique :D

Good Job!

Treelor
xr

Post by Treelor » Tue, 14. Apr 09, 05:01

Complains about missing a CODEA language file when I load my game.

Just re-downloaded, gonna give it another try. The only thing I can think of is that it didn't unzip properly.

Migl00
x3tc

Post by Migl00 » Tue, 14. Apr 09, 15:50

Hi all! :)

It's a very very interesting script for someone like me who wants to use carriers!!

Just a little question before installing and trying CODEA, is there any compatibility problems or restrictions with an other great script: M.A.R.S?

Thanks!

LarryBurstyn
x4

Mefos

Post by LarryBurstyn » Tue, 14. Apr 09, 17:07

I downloaded MEFOS to get the mechanics but I cannot seem to figure out how to use it. Help. I cannot find the command to hire mechanics (or anything else). My ship is equiped with both CODEA and MEFOS. CODEA seems to be working okay.

BTW: What do the ranks actual DO? Other than cost money for higher ranked pilots.

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Tue, 14. Apr 09, 17:37

If I remember correctly you'll find mechanics in the Argon equipment docks. You'll get pilots if you dock you carrier at a Military Outpost, and then look in the Codea menu on that ship (you hire pilots through that).

Assign your pilots to ships.
Assign your ships to hangars.

let loose the patrols.

enenra
x4

Re: Mefos

Post by enenra » Tue, 14. Apr 09, 19:51

LarryBurstyn wrote:I downloaded MEFOS to get the mechanics but I cannot seem to figure out how to use it. Help. I cannot find the command to hire mechanics (or anything else). My ship is equiped with both CODEA and MEFOS. CODEA seems to be working okay.

BTW: What do the ranks actual DO? Other than cost money for higher ranked pilots.
There are overtuned Argon Express flying between argon military bases, EQ docks and HQs. They are marked with colors - blue means it has some personnel on board, red means it's empty. Dock at the stations they fly to before they dock and they'll contact you, making it possible to hire personnel.

Assign a hotkey to the MEFOS-menu, there will be a list of all these TPs (providing your rank with the argons is high enough)

Stealth17
x3tc

Post by Stealth17 » Tue, 14. Apr 09, 20:49

I have a question:

Is it possible to extend the "domination" range of the carrier? Because of SpaceweedAddicts sector mod my sectors (and sensors) can reach a lot farther. It would be nice if Codea could too. Any word on this?

Thanks!
Like a thousand other commanders on a thousand other battlefields, I wait for the dawn...

Saetan
x4

Re: Mefos

Post by Saetan » Tue, 14. Apr 09, 20:54

Migl00 wrote:Just a little question before installing and trying CODEA, is there any compatibility problems or restrictions with an other great script: M.A.R.S?
As far as I read (I don't use MARS by myself) there are some users in the german forum which are using both scripts at the same time ... I never ever heard of any problems of using CODEA+MEFOS and MARS. Lucike is also interessted to keep them compatible ... so, I think you can give it a try.
LarryBurstyn wrote:BTW: What do the ranks actual DO? Other than cost money for higher ranked pilots.
How you get the mechanics, see the post by enenra. In addition to that, it gets decided by random what kind of personell the transporter has. Mechanics are quite rare, so you may try some times.
As far as I know, you also need an argon- and fighting rank of at least "federation guardian" and "fighter chief" to be allowed to hire the personell.

The rank of the pilots allows them to get used for other tasks too.
Lieutnants are able to steer, for example, a tender or a bomber (see CODEA-manual again). Also a lieutnant is able to hire MEFOS-personell of his own race by himself, if he is steering a TP.
Higher ranks are also used for other scripts, like the "Sicherheits- und Rettungsdienst" which is yet in an to early state too get released in English (... said Lucike). With that script, fighters and capital ships are able to patrol sectors and also to rescue freighters which are running one uf Lucikes trading scripts by themself.

--edit--
Stealth17 wrote:Is it possible to extend the "domination" range of the carrier? Because of SpaceweedAddicts sector mod my sectors (and sensors) can reach a lot farther. It would be nice if Codea could too. Any word on this?
You can't change that by yourself. Interceptors will attack within an range of 8km. Attack fighters everything within the scanner range of your carrier. Reconnaissance ships can extend the scanner range of your carrier.

darkfear
x4

New PDF Manual

Post by darkfear » Tue, 14. Apr 09, 23:29

CODEA Waffensystem
(Carrier Orbit Defense of Enemy Attack)
(Version 3.beta.01 - 12. April 2009)

Image Image

-> CODEA Manual .PDF NEW!

The manual in pdf format will be updated periodically, e.g. if a new version of CODEA introduces more functions or if there have been several new FAQ entries.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”