[SCR] CODEA Weapon System [09-06-03 X3TC 3.beta.19]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Fri, 28. Aug 09, 17:47

leddmirage wrote:a) TM class consider as carrier class too??
You can use a TM as a CODEA-carrier. You could even use the Hyperion as a CODEA-carrier. Every ship with docking-capability will work.

Madtrack wrote:Btw has anyone managed to add the sabre and rapier to a hangar ? I can transfer pilots to them fine, but no matter what I do, it won't recognize those ships has valid ships when I try to add them
leddmirage wrote:b) requirement for fighter to be listed in main hanger: (is NOT equip with SETA & Boost & Goggle) (equip with fighting Mk1, Mk2, Nav & 1 weapon) + pilot? cos i can't get my fighter to be listed in the main hanger.. :(
Did you install the weapons onto your fighters first?

Madtrack
x3tc

Post by Madtrack » Sat, 29. Aug 09, 12:07

Yeah you're both right I had forgotten the weapon, since it was for the RECON branch which doesn't fight, I didn't think it was required :)

I'm having a problem with SRS, when I set additional ships to follow an SRS ship (with proper equipment) likr you said, they do not refuel with the lead SRS ship and do not jump together, unless I set something wrong ?

I'm trying to set a group of ships that would refuel, jump, and move at the same speed, all using SRS, do I have to use CODEA for that ?

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sat, 29. Aug 09, 12:28

Lucike wrote on 22nd of august that convois for the rescue service are planned and added in the next version. Meanwhile two updates of the SRS got released (in the german board). I don't know if these convois are already included, I think, because of the changelog, these updates have only been minor (but useful) updates.

But I don't use the SRS yet, so I can't tell you for sure.

But CODEA as a SRS will do your work too. Also with CODEA the accompanying vessels will be supplied with fuel and arming by the carrier, and the carrier itself by the tenders.

Else the SRS vessels have do dock at supply bases for that. Lucike doesn't plan to make a supply like in CODEA for the SRS. He's to lazy for that ... he said by himself ^^
Last edited by Saetan on Sat, 29. Aug 09, 14:59, edited 1 time in total.

Feuerriese
x4

Post by Feuerriese » Sat, 29. Aug 09, 14:11

That's something I did not mention (it was a quick summary anyway). There are no custom SRS groups, call them convoys if you like to. Basically because they are not necessary at all...for example, there is a pirate M5 attacking one of your traders. If you use convoys, all the ships (maybe an M2, a couple of M7 etc. ) will jump and try to kill that M5. Might take a while. Meanwhile your PHQ is getting bashed by IR Khaak Invasions...you get the idea ;)
As of now, the SRS takes a look at the enemy's strength and says "oh my, a humble M5, well! I will send just an M6 and nothing more!"

So all the ships you set to FOLLOW a SRS patrol leader will automatically be part of the SRS ship pool and the SRS just takes what it needs to win a fight, nothing more. Of course you can always add a CODEA carrier to the SRS but it might not always be sent out because it's just unnecessary. Just keep assigning more ships to the SRS and you will see how well it can protect your assets without even having convoys. :)

OOZ662
x4

Post by OOZ662 » Sat, 29. Aug 09, 23:39

My only problem with CODEA before was that an attack wing could only take one command...once their target was destroyed, they'd all rush back to dock leaving my carrier immobile (superdocking isn't my kind of thing...just a bit much, sorry) and not responding to the hoard of fighters tailchasing them and knocking them from the "sky." Has that been changed at all?

Feuerriese
x4

Post by Feuerriese » Sat, 29. Aug 09, 23:54

Part of the Fighters' Codex is the command "defend yourself while returning to carrier". Set this to "yes" and your problem should be solved.

OOZ662
x4

Post by OOZ662 » Sun, 30. Aug 09, 03:16

I haven't used this in so long, that wasn't a feature. :) Thanks.

mpcribeiro
x3tc

Post by mpcribeiro » Sun, 30. Aug 09, 18:22

:P
Last edited by mpcribeiro on Tue, 1. Sep 09, 18:17, edited 1 time in total.

mpcribeiro
x3tc

Post by mpcribeiro » Sun, 30. Aug 09, 18:26

mpcribeiro wrote:Need help... Thanks

On CODEA hire pilots page I'm getting this...

ReadText0-500 Brent Hang (Argon)
ReadText0-501 Jo Cornell (Argon)
ReadText0-503 Flot Hang (Argon)

I'm I missing some file?

I checked and got the two files under T directory.
Under Personnel Overview page I'm getting the same issue

Pilot: Branda Slamer

EDIT

matter sorted... all lib files replaced, ranks start to apear on "hire" page then existing pilots had to get out and back into cockpits to reset those TXT messages with the ranks

so nothing to look here! move along! :wink:

Last edited by mpcribeiro on Tue, 1. Sep 09, 18:35, edited 1 time in total.

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Sun, 30. Aug 09, 18:35

I can use my hyperion as a carrier, so i see no reason why a TM cant be a carrier too.

make sure you have the carrier command software, and dock at a mil base to get people for your fighters..

Goldfinch
x3tc

Post by Goldfinch » Tue, 1. Sep 09, 03:03

I just installed CODEA and noticed that I can now no longer access the command to use the Bulk Transporter Upgrade script. The script library thread lists an "avoidable conflict" under custom commands. Anyone know how I can have both working together?

Madtrack
x3tc

Post by Madtrack » Tue, 1. Sep 09, 03:20

Saetan wrote: Lucike wrote on 22nd of august that convois for the rescue service are planned and added in the next version. Meanwhile two updates of the SRS got released (in the german board). I don't know if these convois are already included, I think, because of the changelog, these updates have only been minor (but useful) updates.

But I don't use the SRS yet, so I can't tell you for sure.

But CODEA as a SRS will do your work too. Also with CODEA the accompanying vessels will be supplied with fuel and arming by the carrier, and the carrier itself by the tenders.

Else the SRS vessels have do dock at supply bases for that. Lucike doesn't plan to make a supply like in CODEA for the SRS. He's to lazy for that ... he said by himself ^^
Thanks a lot for the information, I think I'll do just that :)

Feuerriese wrote:That's something I did not mention (it was a quick summary anyway). There are no custom SRS groups, call them convoys if you like to. Basically because they are not necessary at all...for example, there is a pirate M5 attacking one of your traders. If you use convoys, all the ships (maybe an M2, a couple of M7 etc. ) will jump and try to kill that M5. Might take a while. Meanwhile your PHQ is getting bashed by IR Khaak Invasions...you get the idea ;)
As of now, the SRS takes a look at the enemy's strength and says "oh my, a humble M5, well! I will send just an M6 and nothing more!"

So all the ships you set to FOLLOW a SRS patrol leader will automatically be part of the SRS ship pool and the SRS just takes what it needs to win a fight, nothing more. Of course you can always add a CODEA carrier to the SRS but it might not always be sent out because it's just unnecessary. Just keep assigning more ships to the SRS and you will see how well it can protect your assets without even having convoys. :)
Yes I figured how to do that, however the problem I'm having is I can't have the "follower" ships to ressuply along with the leader, when the leader is low on energy, he'll jump to it's homebase and get more however the wingmen don't, for instance last night my patrol leader (M6) jumped out to engage a threat, and it's wingmen (M7) who didn't resupply started trying to join up at the far end of the universe, when I stopped him, he was about to enter xenon sector 347 :D

Am I missing something obvious ?

Feuerriese
x4

Post by Feuerriese » Tue, 1. Sep 09, 09:14

Lucike released a new version of the SRS. Make sure you got the libraries 3.3.03
This update is supposed to make the patrol leader wait for his wingmen at any waypoint. Maybe this will help you.
If you still have trouble with SRS ships being low on energy I recommend using Lucike's Commodity Logistics Software. This way your ships will always be fueled and armed. Also, try to make a shorter patrol route (use more patrols to cover large areas). That should fix your problem ;)

mpcribeiro
x3tc

Post by mpcribeiro » Tue, 1. Sep 09, 18:26

Is there a possibility of increasing the frequency of gressy monkeys appearing for hire?

fleet waiting for those lazy bastards to appear and no one appeared neither disguised as oil spot. :evil:

One other thing aka suggestion

Can the tender use NPC stations rather than player?

My tender pilot communicated that was terribly bored and heavilly depressed because has nothing to do.

Of course the Super-Master-Of-Universe has ordered him to fetch the goods that were missing on the Fleet-Flag-Carrier... he goes but thinks that could do better job if he was allowed to by directly from NCP stations rather than wait for orders. :wink:

Of course I can replace my depressed tender pilot before he commits suicide but I would rather see him dying in battle than boredom

Goldfinch
x3tc

Post by Goldfinch » Tue, 1. Sep 09, 23:02

Goldfinch wrote:I just installed CODEA and noticed that I can now no longer access the command to use the Bulk Transporter Upgrade script. The script library thread lists an "avoidable conflict" under custom commands. Anyone know how I can have both working together?
It also conflicts with Gazz' Complex Cleaner. I've uninstalled CODEA again, unless someone can tell me how to make it work without stopping me using the other scripts.

mpcribeiro
x3tc

Post by mpcribeiro » Wed, 2. Sep 09, 01:16

Couple questions/requests:

returning home

I've noticed that PATs get frozen in space when they receive the command to dock at carrier. It is necessary to set each of the fighters to idle when they are under 6km, reissue the command "Navigation-return home" for them to resume the operations.

Same occurred with CSV fighters

No weapons carrier

How would be possible to get the techies on a carrier that has no turrets if the script that manage the techies is based on turrets?

Increase the rate of techies appearance

The current rate of techies "disappearance" makes the use of the scripts a bit redundant. Could the rate of them appearing for hire be increased?

Tender Support

Could it be instructed to search for goods at NPC stations rather than on player station?

Fighter damage
Could be possible to set a trigger on fighters that based on %shield/hull damage they automatically return to the carrier. Disengaging the fight and head straight to the carrier.

Logistics ship

New class to support dog fight, basically a fighter/or even the CSV set with just repair lasers that would repair fighters that get in range - or instruct the CSV to get in range of the damage fighters to repair their hull during the fight.

Cheers

aka1nas
x4

Post by aka1nas » Wed, 2. Sep 09, 09:27

mpcribeiro wrote:Couple questions/requests:

Fighter damage
Could be possible to set a trigger on fighters that based on %shield/hull damage they automatically return to the carrier. Disengaging the fight and head straight to the carrier.
I think fighters do this already when they reach a certain damage level (either 2 or 3 '*'s). They will also not launch if damaged to some lesser level.

Feuerriese
x4

Post by Feuerriese » Wed, 2. Sep 09, 10:06

Lucike released the new Version 3.beta.23. Make sure you have the libraries 3.3.03

Changes:
-When the carrier is docked at a EQ you may buy tunings for all ships docked at the carrier
-Command menu revamp!
-Make a carrier the homebase for any ship without a "job" ( at least that's what I make of it, set carrier=homebase even if ship!=interceptor|attacker etc )
-Multiple optimizations

@Mechanics and the problem of hiring them
They are supposed to be very rare. Get the latest MEFOS to soften this rule (earlier versions made it reallyreally hard to find personnel).
To move personnel you could try Lucike's Personnel Transporter script.

mpcribeiro
x3tc

Post by mpcribeiro » Wed, 2. Sep 09, 16:10

aka1nas wrote:
mpcribeiro wrote:Couple questions/requests:

Fighter damage
I think fighters do this already when they reach a certain damage level (either 2 or 3 '*'s). They will also not launch if damaged to some lesser level.
The [**] do work when the fighter is docked, not allowing it to go out without being repaired first.

However during the fight they don't seem to disengage even when they start to get considerable hull damage.

One of my carriers lost the entire ATK group this way. Fighters kept fighting;

The only way to prevent that is manually order the entire group to retreat or go to each fighter order it to return home - by doing this the fighter(s) go straight home with weapons shut, being ganked by NCPs that follows them.

It would be nice to have a functionality that we could set the damage level either % on shields and/or % hull left.

So that once what is left of the shield/hill is under that threashold the fighter automatically disengages the fight and return to the carrier - also firing weapons but not engaging on dogfight...

chrisrico
x3tc

Post by chrisrico » Wed, 2. Sep 09, 18:10

Have you tried equipping your carrier with a transporter device, and your fighters with docking computers? When I'm in my Panther with that setup, and within 5km (I normally am in the fray with my fighters), they will automatically combat dock (basically transport into the docking bay) when their shields are gone.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”