[SCR] CODEA Weapon System [09-06-03 X3TC 3.beta.19]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

mpcribeiro
x3tc

Post by mpcribeiro » Tue, 8. Sep 09, 15:49

The "hot-key" to remote control the carriers... the one that lists all the available carries doesn't work correctly... coz it loops on the windows pages and some functions don't seem operational.

However while remote, using the universe map to control the unit and change its settings seem to work in my case... so the hot-key is a bit redundant and not operational.

@StarbuckAK
Could it be, coz you have the carrier software installed, so that fighters are lunched automatically - not CODEA managing it?

I've not noticed the interceptors but I've seen attack squadron be launched everytime a foe(s) appared on carrier scan range and then automatically return to the carrier.

mpcribeiro
x3tc

Post by mpcribeiro » Tue, 8. Sep 09, 16:03

Reuse a fighter from a lost carrier

Well I've seen two possibilities on my game;

2 fighters survived with no hull damage a major Xenon encounter but their carrier and fighter squadrones were destroyed in the process

Adding the fighters to other carrier; one of the fighters was visible on the hangars to be assigned to the squadron but other fighter remained "invisible" for the hangars.

Both had the 5 star pilots but only one could get out from the cockpit and reassiged to it again.

Regarding the problematic fighter... I tried the following...

1)transfer the pilot from the cockpit - didn't work
2)look for the fighter on all hangars - the fighter didn't show up
3) transfer new pilot to the cockpit - doesn't work (coz had one pilot already)
4) rename the fighter name (coz still had ATK - NOVA RAIDER WBLABLA) - didn't work the fighter remained "invisible" for the hangars

5) the last option taken was simply scrap the fighter on the shipyard and buy a new one.

Now...is there a workaround for CODEA to recognize again the fighter that has a pilot?

Thanks

StarbuckAK

Post by StarbuckAK » Tue, 8. Sep 09, 19:34

I do have the carrier command software installed, i'll try taking it out and see what happens. thanks for the info. may all the apple cherishment soldiers bless you on your journey to success.

StarbuckAK

Post by StarbuckAK » Tue, 8. Sep 09, 20:03

ok, took the carrier command software out and they still launched.

thats funny, youd think that interceptors would be the fighters to launch during a ingressing opponent... there is a distinction that should be made there, interceptors intercept. hopefully CODEA will improve and fix this.

StarbuckAK

Post by StarbuckAK » Wed, 9. Sep 09, 06:21

ok, i figured out a sort of temporary work around for my problem. alert fighters only launch from the carrier if they are designated with that carrier as their homebase. so i just made one squadron tagged with the carrier as their homebase that way i can make sure that only that wing deploys during an attack on the idle carrier. would be nice to integrate something into CODEA for a more legit management, but i can live with this for now as long as it works.

personally i think this is yet another failing of the egosoft developers as the damn fighters should only launch if they're assigned to protect the carrier. then a seperate option should be available designating that in case of emergency and no other squads are designated to protect it that the carrier assembles its own defense, otherwise it uses its own weapons or gets the hell out of the hostile area

mpcribeiro
x3tc

Post by mpcribeiro » Wed, 9. Sep 09, 09:34

I'm not sure what you are doing, but in my case I don't need to rename anything and the script does that auto...

1) assign the carrier as homebase
2) hire a pilot at the outposts (if I don't have pilots "sleeping" outside cockpits)
3) transfer the pilot into the cockpit
4) assign the fighter at squadron

and is it...

The interceptors are launched automatically if the foe are close to the carrier (either in weapons range/half of the scanner radius)

The attack squadron as launched when a foe pops out on the max scanner radius.

and my patrol squadron engage foes if are in their scanner range.

and recons run away if a foe are close to them.

the script seem to work fine to me apart from the issues I've point out such as reassign fighters from a lost carrier.

cheers

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Wed, 9. Sep 09, 11:12

4) rename the fighter name (coz still had ATK - NOVA RAIDER WBLABLA) - didn't work the fighter remained "invisible" for the hangars
did you check the homebase?
sometimes it helps to go to the equipment menu select 'not assigned ships' (don't know the naming of english menue points), choose 1 laser and re-equip all ships.

did the fighters have all necessary software (propably lost some one by hulldamage?)

thats funny, youd think that interceptors would be the fighters to launch during a ingressing opponent... there is a distinction that should be made there, interceptors intercept. hopefully CODEA will improve and fix this.
err what are you talking about ?
You can assign attack fighters-> they launch if any enemy is inside scannerrange (including improved scannerrange by reconnaissance ships) or Interceptors -> they launch if an enemy is inside the safety radius of the carrier = 8km. If you don't want them to launch just select 'Retreat Interceptors' and they won't start until you select that again...

Codea Interceptors are designed to prevent enemys from reaching the carrier. if they should only start when the carrier is attacked just use the vanilla carrier software.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Wed, 9. Sep 09, 11:44

Killjaeden wrote:
err what are you talking about ?

[...]

Codea Interceptors are designed to prevent enemys from reaching the carrier. if they should only start when the carrier is attacked just use the vanilla carrier software.
I guess he's talking about vanilla-behaviour. Fighters with the carrier as homebase will start to defend it, if it gets attacked. They don't care if CODEA allows them to do so or not. Even they don't care if the carrier software is installed or not.

I have been able to watch this behaviour by myself some time ago.

mpcribeiro
x3tc

Post by mpcribeiro » Wed, 9. Sep 09, 18:11

Killjaeden wrote:
sometimes it helps to go to the equipment menu select 'not assigned ships' (don't know the naming of english menue points), choose 1 laser and re-equip all ships.

did the fighters have all necessary software (propably lost some one by hulldamage?)
Yeah i did check that as well. The two survive fighters had 100% hull and shields, both with pilots from the lost carrier and of course both with equipts (both were from ATK squadron and were fighting when their carrier was lost). However only one was identifiable on the 2nd carrier after setting the homebase as new carrier.

Anyway it is a bit too late now to test it further coz end-up scrapting the fighter that wasn't being identified by CODEA. Only wonder if exists some underline issue with losing carriers that might have caused this glitch. Cheers

just to add

Just remember that the pilot of that "faulty" fighter couln't be transferred off from the fighter's cockpit as well.

StarbuckAK

Post by StarbuckAK » Wed, 9. Sep 09, 19:22

Saetan understood correctly. thee problem i am having is that I DO NOT want anything launching at certain periods... and this CODEA addon does not do anything to allow me to retain the fighters in the ship when being attacked whilst the wings/single fighters are assigned with the carrier as a homebase. sure, there are options there, but they DO NOT work. but alas, i dont give a crap for now as just unassigning the carrier as homebase will do it. the rest of the mod is working ok as far as i have tested. i primarily want to keep track of individual pilots for immersion reasons which is nice. i also dont have to pay them so long as they arent in a hangar.

chrisrico
x3tc

Post by chrisrico » Wed, 9. Sep 09, 19:42

What if CODEA only set the homebase for fighters as they were launched? So while they're sitting in the carrier, their homebase is empty. Would that fix the issue? If so, who do I suggest this to? :)

StarbuckAK

Post by StarbuckAK » Wed, 9. Sep 09, 20:02

I think that would probably work, have that function assigned for hangar bay fighters and such, good call.

i dont know who the head of the codea mod is, i think they are probably german though, so besser gehen sie einer deutscher professor.

man, a good reworking of this entire game is needed. so many good ideas. the games concept itself is a good one, but the primary execution is simply retarded. i dont know why i would want to build a big ol' trading empire other than to be able to afford a military that has good functionality... otherwise i'm just watching a bunch of computerized Fedex delivery aliens crashing into eachother while a buttpirate comes crashing into them.

Lord Sith
x4

Post by Lord Sith » Wed, 9. Sep 09, 20:32

mpcribeiro wrote:
Killjaeden wrote:

Yeah i did check that as well. The two survive fighters had 100% hull and shields, both with pilots from the lost carrier and of course both with equipts (both were from ATK squadron and were fighting when their carrier was lost). However only one was identifiable on the 2nd carrier after setting the homebase as new carrier.

Anyway it is a bit too late now to test it further coz end-up scrapting the fighter that wasn't being identified by CODEA. Only wonder if exists some underline issue with losing carriers that might have caused this glitch. Cheers

just to add

Just remember that the pilot of that "faulty" fighter couln't be transferred off from the fighter's cockpit as well.

Same problem to.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Wed, 9. Sep 09, 20:42

chrisrico wrote:What if CODEA only set the homebase for fighters as they were launched? So while they're sitting in the carrier, their homebase is empty. Would that fix the issue? If so, who do I suggest this to? :)
A big NO from me ... by setting the homebase I keep my list of owned stations and ships clean. I hope for a solution by the codea-specific idle command.

The mastermind and developer behind CODEA is Lucike. Yes, he's German.
I'll ask him if he's still working on that problem.

---edit---
Lucike just told me, he's trying another way. Tests had been shown that fighters without installed weapons also don't start to defend their homebase. So Lucike plans to uninstall the weapons of docked figthers. As soon as they start, they will install the weapons by themselves again.

But he's not ready to release yet. Because of major changes to the script he has to test it first some more.

StarbuckAK

Post by StarbuckAK » Thu, 10. Sep 09, 00:06

sounds good to me, sort of like a maintainance action too, rearm/reload the ships prior to launch, the whole magilla.

Lucike
x4

Post by Lucike » Fri, 11. Sep 09, 22:38

mpcribeiro wrote:
Killjaeden wrote:

just to add

This isn't normal. I will check this.

Regards
Lucike

Hangman111
x3fl

Annoying arrogance

Post by Hangman111 » Sat, 12. Sep 09, 07:27

I use Gazz' compact complex, and love it. A lot of people seem to do. I also love CODEA. However, I am infinitely annoyed that two of the best scripters around both have chosen to ignore the script conflicts. Why don't you do those minor changes, Gazz? Or you, Luicke?

Why do I have to choose between these two excellent scripts, just because neither of you want to change a couple of numbers in less than a dozen lines of script?

Pride? Competition? Arrogance? I don't know why, but I do know that it is annoying and a situation probably not worthy of either of you!

Sincerely
Hangman

@fon

Re: Annoying arrogance

Post by @fon » Sat, 12. Sep 09, 07:57

Hangman111 wrote:I use Gazz' compact complex, and love it. A lot of people seem to do. I also love CODEA. However, I am infinitely annoyed that two of the best scripters around both have chosen to ignore the script conflicts. Why don't you do those minor changes, Gazz? Or you, Luicke?
Because the conflict can be avoided with minor editing

get the 8014-L044.xml out of the .pck by extracting it youself (7zip works)

according to the sticky thread, the CC conflict is on command 725, so replace all instances of 725 in the xml with an unused command slot (for example 729).

then just put your edited .xml into X3's "t" folder, and delete the old 8014.L044.pck from there.

Hangman111
x3fl

Post by Hangman111 » Sat, 12. Sep 09, 18:17

I know it can, but I don't know how. And I don't understand why these guys don't fix this one little "bug" as they fix all other bugs in their scripts? Are they both sitting around waiting for the other guy to do it? It is simply silly!

DarthVain
x3tc

Post by DarthVain » Mon, 14. Sep 09, 23:23

CODEA is great but there's also a mention of MEFOS which I have downloaded and installed. The requirements are that you need a scientist, engineers and gunners but because the instructions are in German language, how do we go about getting the required personnel for MEFOS to work?
Another one bites the dust!!

DarthVain

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”