[SCR] CODEA Weapon System [09-06-03 X3TC 3.beta.19]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Fri, 24. Apr 09, 15:49

Hi Stealth

Mass Drivers should be equipped and used on compatible figthers.

Stealth17
x3tc

Post by Stealth17 » Fri, 24. Apr 09, 16:18

OK great. Mass Drivers against fighters I suppose?
Like a thousand other commanders on a thousand other battlefields, I wait for the dawn...

Count Ta-Sessine
x2

Post by Count Ta-Sessine » Fri, 24. Apr 09, 17:11

First: big thanks to the author of CODEA. This script is truly a gamechanger, especially for carrier aficionados like myself. And not only have you changed features, you have also added RPG elements and new gameplay goals (promotion etc). Very well done.

One question re MEFOS: I don't understand German well enough to understand exactly how to intercept the military transporters which move around turret and flight personnel. Must I be docked at the station that the transporter is docking at before it arrives to get accosted by the transporter pilot, or how does it work?

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Fri, 24. Apr 09, 17:31

Stealth17 wrote:OK great. Mass Drivers against fighters I suppose?
I don't know, in which kind of situation mass drivers get used ... but they are already included in the "module" for weapon-changing as far as I know.
Just try it.
Count Ta-Sessine wrote:One question re MEFOS: I don't understand German well enough to understand exactly how to intercept the military transporters which move around turret and flight personnel. Must I be docked at the station that the transporter is docking at before it arrives to get accosted by the transporter pilot, or how does it work?
Yes, you have to dock before the military (a blue one) docks and wait for him. Also see the translated MEFOS manual on page 3 of this thread.

Count Ta-Sessine
x2

Post by Count Ta-Sessine » Sat, 25. Apr 09, 00:19

Excellent, many thanks.

Count Ta-Sessine
x2

Post by Count Ta-Sessine » Sat, 25. Apr 09, 09:38

Ok, I have one more question that I hope you can answer: I have hired a number of turret personnel. I have a few mechanics, but I'm missing the flight engineers. According to the document it takes both flight mechanics and flight engineers to start a bomber squadron. Is there something I'm missing?

Count Ta-Sessine
x2

Post by Count Ta-Sessine » Sat, 25. Apr 09, 09:41

Also, maybe a bug: I transferred 8 lieutenants to my 8 bombers, but they have since disappeared (the bombers have cargo life support).

darkfear
x4

Post by darkfear » Sat, 25. Apr 09, 22:15

Sorry for the delay, but here are several updates with quite a few significant changes:

CODEA Weapon System
(Carrier Orbit Defense of Enemy Attack)
(Version 3.beta.05 - 22. April 2009)

[ external image ]

[ external image ] [ external image ]

-> CODEA Weapon System (Version 3.beta.05)
-> Necessary "Libraries" (Please reinstall during the Update!) (New 10.04.09 !)
-> CODEA Manual .PDF Not yet updated!

Prerequisites: X³ Terran Conflict version 1.3 or higher (not compatible with X³ Reunion) !!

19.04.2009 (Version 3.beta.02)
  • Supply Tender added (refer to Tender Administration in the manual).
  • Performance of flying reconnaissance fighters improved.
  • Several small improvements.
20.04.2009 (Version 3.beta.03)
  • The supply factor of supply tender ships can be set manually in the tender administration.
  • Tender ships don’t transfer wares to docked carriers.
  • If the option „Stop carrier during fighter deployment“ is deactivated and the carrier jumps to a remote system, while fighters are on their way back to the carrier, these fighters will patrol the area until the carrier returns. Up until now they would follow the carrier.
  • Fighters did not check their stock of missiles at launch. Fixed.
22.04.2009 (Version 3.beta.04)
  • CODEA corvette added (Pilot rank requirements!).
  • Tender ships will take their own planned selection of wares into account, when transferring wares.
    [*The highest achievable rank on a CODEA carrier was Lieutenant. Now pilots on a tender can be promoted to commander.
  • Reconnaissance fighters will take position around the station the carrier is docked to
  • Tender and corvettes will fly in a holding pattern while the carrier is docked.
  • Mechanics do now repair the carrier.
  • Tender ships of the class TL now require a pilot of the rank commander.
  • All options regarding player notification have been moved to the general options menu.
22.04.2009 II (Version 3.beta.05)
  • Tender behavior revised.

darkfear
x4

Post by darkfear » Sat, 25. Apr 09, 22:19

Count Ta-Sessine wrote:Ok, I have one more question that I hope you can answer: I have hired a number of turret personnel. I have a few mechanics, but I'm missing the flight engineers. According to the document it takes both flight mechanics and flight engineers to start a bomber squadron. Is there something I'm missing?
You need one lieutenant (pilot), one mechanic and one technician for one bomber. I don't know how you thought of flight engineers.
Count Ta-Sessine wrote:Also, maybe a bug: I transferred 8 lieutenants to my 8 bombers, but they have since disappeared (the bombers have cargo life support).
Are you sure you have transferred the right pilots. Did you use the "transfer pilots" command of the CODEA console? The pilots are, unlike marines, not actually in the cargo bay but are only recognizable by the pilots name in the ships details.

Count Ta-Sessine
x2

Post by Count Ta-Sessine » Sun, 26. Apr 09, 10:26

Ok, I got it now. The 'flight engineer' misunderstanding was a translation problem: they're listed as flight engineers in the pdf file and called 'technics' in the game.

My other problem was that I hadn't understood that the technics and the mechanic need to be transported onto the bomber, not in the carrier. I had assumed the crew just needed to be present on the carrier but I was wrong.

darkfear
x4

Post by darkfear » Sun, 26. Apr 09, 11:49

Count Ta-Sessine wrote:Ok, I got it now. The 'flight engineer' misunderstanding was a translation problem: they're listed as flight engineers in the pdf file and called 'technics' in the game.
In the CODEA PDF Manual? If so I will fix it.

TEA_Cypher
x4

Post by TEA_Cypher » Sun, 26. Apr 09, 14:10

This looks like a really special script, enabling carriers to be truly effective, and I look forward to giving it a go.

Are we likly to see it put submited for the bonus pack?

Count Ta-Sessine
x2

Post by Count Ta-Sessine » Sun, 26. Apr 09, 20:18

Yes, they're called flight engineers in the manual and technics in game.

I think you should call them flight engineers ingame too. 'Technics' is not english :-)

darkfear
x4

Post by darkfear » Sun, 26. Apr 09, 21:51

Count Ta-Sessine wrote:Yes, they're called flight engineers in the manual and technics in game.

I think you should call them flight engineers ingame too. 'Technics' is not english :-)
I translated the manual without knowing all the ingame terms. For the CODEA manual I checked out the MEFOS terms and corrected technics to technicians.

As I said the MEFOS manual is preliminary and I'll post an updated version in a few days in a new MEFOS topic.
TEA_Cypher wrote: Are we likly to see it put submited for the bonus pack?
I think Lucike mentioned in the german topic that there a no plans to submit CODEA to the Bonus Pack. One of the reason is that CODEA violates some bonus pack guidelines (e.g. letting M8s dock to carriers...)

Lucike
x4

Post by Lucike » Sun, 26. Apr 09, 22:40

Count Ta-Sessine wrote:I think you should call them flight engineers ingame too. 'Technics' is not english :-)
My mistake. ;)

StarCrack
x3tc

new weapons

Post by StarCrack » Sun, 26. Apr 09, 22:57

hi i was just wundering how i'd add guns to the fighter equ. list

semiliterate

Post by semiliterate » Sun, 26. Apr 09, 23:59

[/quote]If the option „Stop carrier during fighter deployment“ is deactivated and the carrier jumps to a remote system, while fighters are on their way back to the carrier, these fighters will patrol the area until the carrier returns. Up until now they would follow the carrier. [/quote]

quick question.

if this option is deactivated, i can have a carrier leave a patrol force in the area it just left while it responds to an attack elsewhere, correct?

so what happens if the option is activated and i give the carrier a jump command? will it recall fighters first? how about if it moves on to, say, the next system in its Security and Rescue Service patrol?
Last edited by semiliterate on Mon, 27. Apr 09, 00:05, edited 1 time in total.

asdrubale
x3ap

Post by asdrubale » Mon, 27. Apr 09, 00:01

I have a question about the bombers. Right now what is their function? do they just sit in the carrier until manually instructred to obliterate a target?

What I'd like to have is a few m8s taking out everything bigger than a m3 well before they get in range, and the fighters would dispose of everything that's too fast for the missiles. I would like this to happen automatically.

aka1nas
x4

Post by aka1nas » Mon, 27. Apr 09, 03:08

I'm having a little trouble adding bombers to my carrier. I've gotten the MEFOS personnel and have a technic and mechanic on the bomber with a Lt. pilot and all the required equipment. CODEA let me assign the pilot to the bomber following my carrier w/o issue, but I can't get it to show up to be added in the bomber hangar.

Malkuth74
x3tc

Post by Malkuth74 » Mon, 27. Apr 09, 03:21

Think the Tech and Mechanic are suppose to be on the Carrier not the bomber.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”